Waseem162

Are there any Shia Data Science Enthusiasts?

Salamun Alaykum.

In this growing world of data and need to get answers from this huge chunk of data, opportunities are day by day increasing to gather Data Scientists/Analysts/Engineers to dig in the data and produce meaningful insights out of it.

Data is everywhere and so do the need for the right person to handle it.

I'm one of the Data Enthusiast soon going to specialize in this very stream via my University.

I was wondering - "Is there someone else who is interested in Data and wants to change how things happen in this world for better?"

There are many Non-for-Profit companies running who do social work out of this.

1 hour ago, Waseem162 said:

Salamun Alaykum.

In this growing world of data and need to get answers from this huge chunk of data, opportunities are day by day increasing to gather Data Scientists/Analysts/Engineers to dig in the data and produce meaningful insights out of it.

Data is everywhere and so do the need for the right person to handle it.

I'm one of the Data Enthusiast soon going to specialize in this very stream via my University.

I was wondering - "Is there someone else who is interested in Data and wants to change how things happen in this world for better?"

There are many Non-for-Profit companies running who do social work out of this.

You can check the following link, it describes the numeric based research on the verses of Quran. It may be helpful; for you regarding the data analysis.

http://www.heliwave.com/

22 hours ago, SlaveOfAllah14 said:

I am interested in data science/analyst. Have you been on Kaggle or done any of it's competitions? If you've found any good resource out there for absolute beginners, share it here. Thanks.

I've loads of resources. I'm also in a beginner stage. I've done Python (intermediate level).

I'm versatile in its Data structures (list, tuples, dictionary and sets).

Soon I'll be shifting to learn "R". I have taken classes for Statistics. I need some extra effort in High level Probability, Linear Algebra and Multivariate Calculus to kick start Machine Learning soon.

Only then I'll start doing Kaggle because you can fight a war with less resources but eventually you'll fail in such a situation.

If your preparation is good and you have good military support its sure you'll go a long way.

So before jumping directly to Kaggle I'll first built my skills ready enough to go to warfront!

My mail id is syed.azadar313@gmail.com.

Email me and I'll be happy to help you and even we could enjoin this journey together of becoming World-Class Data Scientists InshaAllah :)

21 hours ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Its part of what I do as a researcher, but I am looking into moving into an official data scientist role for my next job. I like working with data and programming.

You can be of great help to us Habibi.

If you wish to mentor us then we can reach our goal of becoming a Data Scientist soon.

I'm from India where there is a great boom for Data scientists since past 2 years. People with relevant skills are getting hired in huge numbers in bigger MNCs and amazing startups.

Besides this the open resources available for free is another source of motivation and how one can help solve many social problems using data science can't be deemed out.

My University where am majoring in Comp. Sc. is also letting us specialize in Data Science with IBM mentoring us and hiring too.

All of this has made me come to a conclusion of getting started.

Please be a mentor to us so that we can climb the ladder fast enough!

On 21/07/2017 at 9:50 PM, Waseem162 said:

I've loads of resources. I'm also in a beginner stage. I've done Python (intermediate level).

Soon I'll be shifting to learn "R". I have taken classes for Statistics. I need some extra effort in High level Probability, Linear Algebra and Multivariate Calculus to kick start Machine Learning soon.

Only then I'll start doing Kaggle because you can fight a war with less resources but eventually you'll fail in such a situation.

If your preparation is good and you have good military support its sure you'll go a long way.

So before jumping directly to Kaggle I'll first built my skills ready enough to go to warfront!

Email me and I'll be happy to help you and even we could enjoin this journey together of becoming World-Class Data Scientists InshaAllah :)

Emailed you! I hope this thread attracts more of Data Science enthusiasts. I'm interested in how you said Data Science can be used in some social aspects. Could you please expand on that. Thanks

46 minutes ago, SlaveOfAllah14 said:

Emailed you! I hope this thread attracts more of Data Science enthusiasts. I'm interested in how you said Data Science can be used in some social aspects. Could you please expand on that. Thanks

Check these-

1. http://www.datakind.org

2. https://dssg.uchicago.edu

3. https://www.drivendata.org

4. https://ibmhadoop.devpost.com

If you gain enough experience using the likes of these then you can establish your own startup to target different domains of social good.

On 7/21/2017 at 7:50 AM, Waseem162 said:

Sent you a message brother, look forward to discussing more :)