Sign in to follow this  
Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī

Sunni/Shia Debate-Mohammed Hijab vs Sayyid Haamid

Rate this topic

58 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Of course Quran is sufficient. I would never find guidance from other books.

Masha'Allah 

Edited by iavswn

57 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

A greatest Muslim. And all of sunnis and shias are too Muslims. 

Ameen.

Edited by iavswn

12 hours ago, iavswn said:

Masha'Allah 

Brother I am not saying that there is a flaw in quran or anything like that. I am just saying quran does't provide detail. Yes quran say we need to offer salah but it doesn't say how to offer then what rakaaat and when. Thats why it was revealed to prophet so he could provide us detail. If anyone could get everything from quran Prophet would have never said that I am leaving behind Quran and Ahl-e-bayt. He would have just said that I am leaving behind quran and that should be enough for your guidance. 

38 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

I am just saying quran does't provide detail. 

This statement is contrary to what Allah has said.

3 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

reference. and just quote one ayat. 

54:7 And We have indeed made the Qur'an EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND REMEMBER: then is there any that will receive admonition?

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

44:58 We have made it (the Quran) EASY TO UNDERSTAND and in your own tongue so that you may take heed.

فَإِنَّمَا يَسَّرْنَاهُ بِلِسَانِكَ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ 
7:52 We have given them a scripture that is FULLY DETAILED, WITH KNOWLEDGE, guidance, and mercy for the people who believe.

وَلَقَدْ جِئْنَاهُم بِكِتَابٍ فَصَّلْنَاهُ عَلَىٰ عِلْمٍ هُدًى وَرَحْمَةً لِّقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ

10:37 This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than God. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a FULLY DETAILED SCRIPTURE. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe.

وَمَا كَانَ هَٰذَا الْقُرْآنُ أَن يُفْتَرَىٰ مِن دُونِ اللَّهِ وَلَٰكِن تَصْدِيقَ الَّذِي بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ وَتَفْصِيلَ الْكِتَابِ لَا رَيْبَ فِيهِ مِن رَّبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

12:111 In their history, there is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. THIS IS NOT FABRICATED HADITH; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a beacon and mercy for those who believe

لَقَدْ كَانَ فِي قَصَصِهِمْ عِبْرَةٌ لِّأُولِي الْأَلْبَابِ ۗ مَا كَانَ حَدِيثًا يُفْتَرَىٰ وَلَٰكِن تَصْدِيقَ الَّذِي بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ وَتَفْصِيلَ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةً لِّقَوْمٍ يُؤْمِنُونَ

6:115 THE WORD OF YOUR LORD IS COMPLETE, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

وَتَمَّتْ كَلِمَتُ رَبِّكَ صِدْقًا وَعَدْلًا ۚ لَّا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَاتِهِ ۚ وَهُوَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ

12:1 These are the signs of THE CLEAR BOOK.

الر ۚ تِلْكَ آيَاتُ الْكِتَابِ الْمُبِينِ 

6:38 There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. NOTHING HAVE WE OMITTED FROM THE BOOK, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end.

وَمَا مِن دَابَّةٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا طَائِرٍ يَطِيرُ بِجَنَاحَيْهِ إِلَّا أُمَمٌ أَمْثَالُكُم ۚ مَّا فَرَّطْنَا فِي الْكِتَابِ مِن شَيْءٍ ۚ ثُمَّ إِلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يُحْشَرُونَ

16:89 We have brought the Book down to you providing EXPLANATIONS FOR ALL THINGS plus guidance and mercy, and giving news to the Muslims. 

وَيَوْمَ نَبْعَثُ فِي كُلِّ أُمَّةٍ شَهِيدًا عَلَيْهِم مِّنْ أَنفُسِهِمْ ۖ وَجِئْنَا بِكَ شَهِيدًا عَلَىٰ هَٰؤُلَاءِ ۚ وَنَزَّلْنَا عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ تِبْيَانًا لِّكُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَهُدًى وَرَحْمَةً وَبُشْرَىٰ لِلْمُسْلِمِينَ 

I would like the Moderator to please explain why I am being obligated to repost what has already been posted and after it has already been accepted as valid. This seems redundant and unfair.

Edited by iavswn

2 minutes ago, iavswn said:

54:7 And We have indeed made the Qur'an EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND REMEMBER: then is there any that will receive admonition?

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

[Shakir 54:7] Their eyes cast down, going forth from their graves as if they were scattered locusts,

3 minutes ago, iavswn said:

44:58 We have made it (the Quran) EASY TO UNDERSTAND and in your own tongue so that you may take heed.

فَإِنَّمَا يَسَّرْنَاهُ بِلِسَانِكَ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَتَذَكَّرُونَ 

[Shakir 44:58] So have We made it easy in your tongue that they may be mindful.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 44:58]

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

The Quran is easy to recite even if the reciter does not know the meaning of what he is reciting because its rhythm not only makes misreading improbable but carries off the soul to a higher spiritual plane. To get to its deepest meaning reference to the wisdom of the Ahl ul Bayt is essential.

4 minutes ago, iavswn said:

7:52 We have given them a scripture that is FULLY DETAILED, WITH KNOWLEDGE, guidance, and mercy for the people who believe.

[Shakir 7:52] And certainly We have brought them a Book which We have made clear with knowledge, a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe.

Now, I never said there is no knowledge in Quran. Of course you could get a lot from quran but again doesn't give details of everything. 

6 minutes ago, iavswn said:

10:37 This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than God. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a FULLY DETAILED SCRIPTURE. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe.

[Shakir 10:37] And this Quran is not such as could be forged by those besides Allah, but it is a verification of that which is before it and a clear explanation of the book, there is no doubt in it, from the Lord of the worlds.

Again my comment is same. 

8 minutes ago, iavswn said:

12:111 In their history, there is a lesson for those who possess intelligence. THIS IS NOT FABRICATED HADITH; this (Quran) confirms all previous scriptures, provides the details of everything, and is a beacon and mercy for those who believe

[Shakir 12:111] In their histories there is certainly a lesson for men of understanding. It is not a narrative which could be forged, but a verification of what is before it and a distinct explanation of all things and a guide and a mercy to a people who believe.

11 minutes ago, iavswn said:

6:115 THE WORD OF YOUR LORD IS COMPLETE, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient.

[Shakir 6:115] And the word of your Lord has been accomplished truly and justly; there is none who can change His words, and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 6:115]

Tammat - fulfilment or perfection - refers to the following conclusions.

1. Perfection of the religion of Allah after the announcement of the wilayah of Imam Ali at Ghadir Khum - refer to verses 67 and 3 of al Ma-idah .

2. The fulfilment of the promise of sending the comforter, the spirit of truth (the Holy Prophet). Refer to the commentary of al Baqarah : 40.

3. The fulfilment of the promise of help given to the Holy Prophet on several occasions - Badr, Uhad, Khaybar etcetera - when the Holy Prophet and Islam were saved through Imam Ali, the hand of Allah (Yadullah).

"There is none who can change His words" is a challenge that the Quran, the revealed word of Allah, will never, like the earlier heavenly scriptures, be tampered with or made to lose its originality and genuineness, as has been explained by Aqa Mahdi Puya in his essay "The originality of the Holy Quran". To save the Quran from tahrif (change), under the command of Allah, the Holy Prophet left the Quran in the safe hands of his Ahl ul Bayt. Refer to hadith al thaqalayn in the introduction under "Essentials: For the readers of the Holy Quran".

12 minutes ago, iavswn said:

12:1 These are the signs of THE CLEAR BOOK.

[Shakir 12:1] Alif Lam Ra. These are the verses of the Book that makes (things) manifest.

Yes, it is clear but not in detail. 

On the day of judgement every individual, man or woman, will be brought to account for his or her deeds.

Some of the effects and consequences of the good or evil done by an individual continue to exist in the society, which usually affect the conduct of other people, therefore the primary cause of such evil or good will have to be dealt with (punished or rewarded) in view of the influence it exercised on others, in addition to its own recompense.

Once the people of Bani Salim told the Holy Prophet that their houses were far from the masjid and they would like to build homes near the masjid of the Holy Prophet. The Holy Prophet said: "Be you where you are now, for every step you take toward the masjid is also counted in your account of righteousness."

For imamim mubin see commentary of Baqarah: 2 and 124.

Imam Muhammad bin Ali al Baqir said that when this verse was revealed, Abu Bakr and Umar asked the Holy Prophet: "Is imamum mubin the Tawrat given to Musa?" The answer was: "No". Again they asked: "Is it Injil, given to Isa?" The answer was: "No". Then they asked: "Is it the Holy Quran?" "No", was the answer. Then turning towards Ali ibn abi Talib, the Holy Prophet said: "Verily this is the Imam in whom Allah has deposited the knowledge of everything." Then, addressing the people present there, the Holy Prophet said: "O people, there is no branch of knowledge Allah did not teach me and I have not conveyed it to Ali. Verily Allah has given me wisdom and I have given it to Ali. I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate."

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

Whatever man does is recorded. The record of the deeds of every individual, and the records pertaining to creation and legislation (which includes knowledge of everything that has been created since the beginning, its progress and the laws governing it) have been made known to "the manifesting Imam", therefore he is the repository of all knowledge. The manifesting Imams have been clearly identified in Ahzab: 33; Waqi-ah: 77 to 79; Ali Imran: 61 and hadith al thaqalayn (see page 6).

20 minutes ago, iavswn said:

6:38 There is not an animal (that lives) on the earth, nor a being that flies on its wings, but (forms part of) communities like you. NOTHING HAVE WE OMITTED FROM THE BOOK, and they (all) shall be gathered to their Lord in the end.

[Shakir 6:38] And there is no animal that walks upon the earth nor a bird that flies with its two wings but (they are) genera like yourselves; We have not neglected anything in the Book, then to their Lord shall they be gathered.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 6:38]

In our pride we may exclude animals (living in air, sea and land), but they all live a life, social and individual, like ourselves, and all life is subject to the plan and will of Allah. They are all answerable to His will and plan ("shall be gathered to their Lord in the end"). Everything is registered in the book of creation (nothing is left out or misplaced) of which the Quran is the condensed demonstration .

The religion, in detail, has been explained in the Quran, and knowledge of everything (in the universe) has been given to the Holy Prophet; therefore, the people have been commanded to carry out the orders of the Holy Prophet (Ali Imran : 32, 132; Ma-idah : 92; Hashr : 7) because "nor does he speak of his own desire, it is not but revelation revealed" (Najm : 3, 4); and the Quran contains everything (An-am: 59). On this basis the Holy Prophet declared that he is the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate. So the Holy Prophet, and after him, Ali and the holy Imams among the Ahl ul Bayt (Nisa : 59; Ma-idah : 55 and 67) are authorised to deal with and make known details pertaining to nature and all that which has been created by Allah.

22 minutes ago, iavswn said:

16:89 We have brought the Book down to you providing EXPLANATIONS FOR ALL THINGS plus guidance and mercy, and giving news to the Muslims. 

[Shakir 16:89] And on the day when We will raise up in every people a witness against them from among themselves, and bring you as a witness against these-- and We have revealed the Book to you explaining clearly everything, and a guidance and mercy and good news for those who submit.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 16:89]

The Holy Prophet, who came with the book ( a guide, a mercy and glad tidings to those who submit themselves to Allah) explaining all things, is a witness over all the witnesses. In addition to verses mentioned in the commentary of verse 84 of this surah, please refer to Bani Israil: 71 and An Nur: 24.

Evidence given by a witness can be accepted only when the witness has witnessed the event which is being examined. Every messenger of Allah will give evidence about the response of his people to whom he was sent to preach the message of Allah; while the Holy Prophet will be a witness over all the prophets and messengers of Allah who will be raised as witnesses over their respective followers.

The Holy Prophet said:

"I was the prophet of Allah when Adam was in the process of creation."

It implies that he was present in this world from the very beginning and will be here till the end to witness that which had happened and that which is taking place. It is nothing but a fabricated and mischievous tale, very popular among the common Muslims, that when Jibra-il came to him he could not recognise him, and was frightened so much that he began to tremble in fear; and at last came to his senses when his wife and her uncle, Warqa bin Nawfil, told him that he was chosen as the last messenger of Allah.

18 hours ago, Dhulfikar said:

^Brother no one is moron here and no one needs to be called by such a name.

Apologies brother. I did not mean anyone on SC. I was referring to Hijabi and his gangsters. They corner people with the same ol' rhetoric. They have fake ex-shias who say they left being a shia because the names of the Imams is not in the Quran.

15 hours ago, iavswn said:

Many here have implied the Qur'an is not sufficient. It does not contain everything we need.

"Hasbona kitaballah" (Book of Allah is sufficient) is the mantra of Caliph Umar.

The Prophet told us Quran and AhlulBayt.

Quran tells us to pray salah; Prophet (saw) and AhlulBayt tell us how
Quran tells us to fast; Prophet (saw) and AhlulBayt tell us how
Quran tells us to do hajj; Prophet (saw) and AhlulBayt tell us how
Quran tells us to pay zakat; Prophet (saw) and AhlulBayt tell us how
Quran tells us to do jihad; Prophet (saw) and AhlulBayt tell us how
etc, etc, etc.

Hasbona KitabAllah does not work and it is proven by the simple fact that Shias and Sunnis alike have millions and millions of other books. Now, none compare to the Quran of course yet they still exist.

Apologies brother. I did not mean anyone on SC. I was referring to Hijabi and his gangsters. They corner people with the same ol' rhetoric. They have fake ex-shias who say they left being a shia because the names of the Imams is not in the Quran.

I ask forgiveness for my misunderstanding brother.

2 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

[Shakir 16:89] And on the day when We will raise up in every people a witness against them from among themselves, and bring you as a witness against these-- and We have revealed the Book to you explaining clearly everything, and a guidance and mercy and good news for those who submit.
[Pooya/Ali Commentary 16:89]

The Holy Prophet, who came with the book ( a guide, a mercy and glad tidings to those who submit themselves to Allah) explaining all things, is a witness over all the witnesses. In addition to verses mentioned in the commentary of verse 84 of this surah, please refer to Bani Israil: 71 and An Nur: 24.

Evidence given by a witness can be accepted only when the witness has witnessed the event which is being examined. Every messenger of Allah will give evidence about the response of his people to whom he was sent to preach the message of Allah; while the Holy Prophet will be a witness over all the prophets and messengers of Allah who will be raised as witnesses over their respective followers.

The Holy Prophet said:

"I was the prophet of Allah when Adam was in the process of creation."

It implies that he was present in this world from the very beginning and will be here till the end to witness that which had happened and that which is taking place. It is nothing but a fabricated and mischievous tale, very popular among the common Muslims, that when Jibra-il came to him he could not recognise him, and was frightened so much that he began to tremble in fear; and at last came to his senses when his wife and her uncle, Warqa bin Nawfil, told him that he was chosen as the last messenger of Allah.

This does not refute the fact that the Qur'an contains an explanation of all things. If anything it actually confirms it. As the quote you provided states: "who came with the book explaining all things"

Edited by iavswn

2 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

The Quran is easy to recite even if the reciter does not know the meaning of what he is reciting because its rhythm not only makes misreading improbable but carries off the soul to a higher spiritual plane. To get to its deepest meaning reference to the wisdom of the Ahl ul Bayt is essential.

This is a misinterpretation.

5143. "While the Qur'an  sums up the highest  philosophy off inner life, its simple directions for conduct are plain and easy to understand and act upon. I this not in itself a part of the Grace of Allah? And what excuse is there for anyone to fail in receiving abomination?" (The meaning of The Holy Quran Abdullah Yusuf Ali, Page 1389, ISBN0915957-11-6)

“We [i.e. Allaah] have made this Quran easy and simplistic: its words for memorization and recitation, and its meanings for understanding and knowledge and this is the beneficial knowledge, if a person seeks it, he will be helped to achieve it.” (Tafseer of As-Sa’di)

Edited by iavswn

18 hours ago, iavswn said:

6:114 SHALL I SEEK OTHER THAN GOD AS A SOURCE OF LAW, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed? Those who received the scripture recognize that it has been revealed from your Lord, truthfully. You shall not harbor any doubt. 

أَفَغَيْرَ اللَّهِ أَبْتَغِي حَكَمًا وَهُوَ الَّذِي أَنزَلَ إِلَيْكُمُ الْكِتَابَ مُفَصَّلًا ۚ وَالَّذِينَ آتَيْنَاهُمُ الْكِتَابَ يَعْلَمُونَ أَنَّهُ مُنَزَّلٌ مِّن رَّبِّكَ بِالْحَقِّ ۖ فَلَا تَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْمُمْتَرِينَ 

Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

Al-Quran 2:177

34 minutes ago, iavswn said:

This does not refute the fact that the Qur'an contains an explanation of all things. If anything it actually confirms it. As the quote you provided states: "who came with the book explaining all things"

So tell me where in quran it says how many rakats we have in each salah? or show me the names of all the messengers? 

29 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

So tell me where in quran it says how many rakats we have in each salah? or show me the names of all the messengers? 

If Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى wanted us to make a set number of Rakat while making salat then he would of mandated it in the Qur'an.

Edited by iavswn

accept what Allah has said about the Quran being complete, fully detailed, not 

46 minutes ago, Faruk said:

Righteousness is not that you turn your faces toward the east or the west, but [true] righteousness is [in] one who believes in Allah , the Last Day, the angels, the Book, and the prophets and gives wealth, in spite of love for it, to relatives, orphans, the needy, the traveler, those who ask [for help], and for freeing slaves; [and who] establishes prayer and gives zakah; [those who] fulfill their promise when they promise; and [those who] are patient in poverty and hardship and during battle. Those are the ones who have been true, and it is those who are the righteous.

Al-Quran 2:177

You are implying this makes prophets a source of the law when in fact it does not. There is nothing in this Ayat about prophets being a source of law. In terms of the prophets this Ayat only mandates belief in the prophets.

Edited by iavswn

9 minutes ago, iavswn said:

If Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى wanted us to make a set number of Rakat while making salat then he would of mandated it in the Qur'an.

That is nothing but assumption brother, we should never say what Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى could want etc. It is the Prophet who teach and explain us the method of doing the prayer that is mentioned in Qur'an:

[We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought.[Quran 16:44]

2:42 And DO  NOT MIX TRUTH WITH FALSEHOOD or conceal the truth while you know [it].

وَلَا تَلْبِسُوا الْحَقَّ بِالْبَاطِلِ وَتَكْتُمُوا الْحَقَّ وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

35 minutes ago, iavswn said:

So you are saying that we could offer 2 rakaht for zuhr or make changes in rakats as we please? like today I am tired I will offer 2 rakats for maghrib and isha?

16 minutes ago, iavswn said:

2:42 And DO  NOT MIX TRUTH WITH FALSEHOOD or conceal the truth while you know [it].

وَلَا تَلْبِسُوا الْحَقَّ بِالْبَاطِلِ وَتَكْتُمُوا الْحَقَّ وَأَنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

Let me ask you something simple.

Do you believe that we need something else with Quran? Or you think Quran is enough for us?

31 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

That is nothing but assumption brother, we should never say what Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى could want etc. It is the Prophet who teach and explain us the method of doing the prayer that is mentioned in Qur'an:

[We sent them] with clear proofs and written ordinances. And We revealed to you the message that you may make clear to the people what was sent down to them and that they might give thought.[Quran 16:44]

Brother, this is complete double-standard.

When  I say there is no set number of Rakat in the Qur'an that has been mandated by Allah, which is a fact, you state I am making an assumption.

When others here state the Quran does not contain enough details to know how to make Salat, which would include Rakat, nothing is said. You just completely ignore it. No criticism or anything else is given.

Edited by iavswn

Just now, iavswn said:

Brother, this is complete double-standard.

When  I say there is no set number of Rakat in the Qur'an that has been mandated by Allah, which is a fact, you state I am making an assumption.

When others here imply there are not enough details in the Quran concerning how to make Salat, which would include Rakat, nothing is said about them making assumnmptions.

Brother, yes there is no set number of Rakat in the Qur'an, but it does not mean that the salaat does not have rakats. Nor does it mean that if there is number of rakats in salat, it must be mentioned in Qur'an. We obey Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and we obey the Prophet Muhammad (saws) and they will teach us whatever they give.

Qur'an clearly says that it is the Prophet who will explain what was reveled. Salaat is so concern and important that at least all of the muslims do same amoung of the rakats. The prophet did exactly 17 rakats and everyone follow it.

3 minutes ago, Dhulfikar said:

Brother, yes there is no set number of Rakat in the Qur'an

Then retract your statement about me making an assumption. 

Edited by iavswn