Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Why is it Steve Jobs' fault? He didn't create the internet, the US military did.

6 minutes ago, notme said:

I thought it was invented as a way for university professors to collaborate. Or is that apocryphal? 

both did/

2 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

I was 2 i believe,and prob annoying my mom,according to her i was a "hyperactive child". "

l believe that is code for "it was all l could do not to kick you across the room".

My, my mother tried but she couldn't do it, so she'd throw me. lncluding down-the-stairs.

24 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l believe that is code for "it was all l could do not to kick you across the room".

My, my mother tried but she couldn't do it, so she'd throw me. lncluding down-the-stairs.

oh oh no , im so sorry, she shouldnt have kicked you down the stairs

2 hours ago, sidnaq said:

oh oh no , im so sorry, she shouldnt have kicked you down the stairs

Just the sick way she was. l was then small enough she'd swing -l guess that's the correct word- or 'sway' me back and forth over the head of the stairs before she threw me. Sometimes l'd hit the door top and that would flip me in the air into a short spin, or as my sister said l'd hit the side of the door and get 'snagged' -as in change direction- and end up under the table after knocking a chair in some direction.

You can read one reason why l was overjoyed the night she died.

Anyway, back to discussion point: my little nephew is 2 in 3 weeks. He does 'boy stuff'. l tell my sister just do the "la/no" routine because he is such a good kid and too small to understand. Chasing him just makes it 'worse'. What is funny is my nephew will get behind me so his mother can't give him a little-swat. What l am waiting for is nephew's reaction when his mother swats me for protecting him. lt is only a matter of time before she'll whack me. Since he could sit up he hand me food. He 'helps' me with my shoes. He can open a couple of the doors for me. And a couple of weeks ago, he motioned for me to swing next to him. What l am afraid of is his mother play-swatting me and he going after his mother. He just might. Reason? l baby sat for him. When he was a crawler we slept on the floor. l was really dozing so l kept track of him. After he was awake, he was sitting next to my stomach when his mother came home. She wanted to wake me and my nephew took the toy in his hand and raised it to hit-or-throw it at her for disturbing me. As soon as l said something, he looked, smiled, play slapped my chest and then reached up for his mother to pick him up. Ask starlight, l told her this story months ago.

Edited by hasanhh

35 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Just the sick way she was. l was then small enough she'd swing -l guess that's the correct word- or 'sway' me back and forth over the head of the stairs before she threw me. Sometimes l'd hit the door top and that would flip me in the air into a short spin, or as my sister said l'd hit the side of the door and get 'snagged' -as in change direction- and end up under the table after knocking a chair in some direction.

Anyway, back to discussion point: my little nephew is 2 in 3 weeks. He does 'boy stuff'. l tell my sister just do the "la/no" routine because he is such a good kid and too small to understand. Chasing him just makes it 'worse'. What is funny is my nephew will get behind me so his mother can't give him a little-swat. What l am waiting for is nephew's reaction when his mother swats me for protecting him. lt is only a matter of time before she'll whack me. Since he could sit up he hand me food. He 'helps' me with my shoes. He can open a couple of the doors for me. And a couple of weeks ago, he motioned for me to swing next to him. What l am afraid of is his mother play-swatting me and he going after his mother. He just might. Reason? l baby sat for him. When he was a crawler we slept on the floor. l was really dozing so l kept track of him. After he was awake, he was sitting next to my stomach when his mother came home. She wanted to wake me and my nephew took the toy in his hand and raised it to hit-or-throw it at her for disturbing me. As soon as l said something, he looked, smiled, play slapped my chest and then reached up for his mother to pick him up. Ask starlight, l told her this story months ago.

Oh my gosh hasan..i honestly never thiscould happen to someone.r u okay now?how about your nephe2 what fo u think you can do for him

1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

Oh my gosh hasan..i honestly never thiscould happen to someone.r u okay now?how about your nephe2 what fo u think you can do for him

l try to nurture him. He is barely at the one word level but he learns by observing. His Dad thinks he does also. l was trying to teach him how to swing. l lowered one swing so he can get into it with a little effort and then work to get him to move his legs in sync, but so far l still have to push him.

Edited by hasanhh

13 hours ago, hasanhh said:

That was touching. I wonder if your rough childhood also gave you a bit of paranoia and susceptibility to the fascist psyops stuff for the populace that you believe in, that the big brother is always watching everyone.

2 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

That was touching. I wonder if your rough childhood also gave you a bit of paranoia and susceptibility to the fascist psyops stuff for the populace that you believe in, that the big brother is always watching everyone.

You are extrapolating like a pinko-progressive. When you grow up with something like that you can deal with it before you are out of grade school. Children naturally compartmentalize like they do in keeping home and school separate.

:salam:

As for me, '95 summer holidays was Italy with parents and sisters, Jacques Chirac had been elected French President so everywhere we went they blamed us because he relaunched nuclear tests in the Pacific Ocean. They did not care we were not in the age to vote... Stupid Italians.

Venise and Rome were nice, though we would get in trouble with every waiter who would bring us tap water in glass bottles, acting like he was popping it just before arriving.at our table. Charging tap water like mineral water... Crooked Italians.

Also that was the year I got my first braces. Before that I thought of myself as a nice looking boy but then I became a teenager. No style, greasy hair, pimples, and braces... Suddenly I started to wish I looked like those goddamn Italians.

Edited by realizm