Rate this topic

I was praying at Nazareth in 1995 and made a vow for silence. There I accidentally invented gunpowder. In 1996 I moved to Montana and joined the revolution. Donald Trump used to cook rabbits for me and I ate them. I wrote a book on life after love and it was published in 1997 and became best seller. In 1998 aliens beamed me up and wanted to torture me but let me go after i agreed to give them a copy of my best selling biography with my real autograph. Then later I fought Hitler and killed him along with 20 million renegade cats who fed on human blood. In 2001 I was appointed field marshal of the salvation army and I invented the 6th generation peace warfare.

15 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

I was praying at Nazareth in 1995 and made a vow for silence. There I accidentally invented gunpowder. In 1996 I moved to Montana and joined the revolution. Donald Trump used to cook rabbits for me and I ate them. I wrote a book on life after love and it was published in 1997 and became best seller. In 1998 aliens beamed me up and wanted to torture me but let me go after i agreed to give them a copy of my best selling biography with my real autograph. Then later I fought Hitler and killed him along with 20 million renegade cats who fed on human blood. In 2001 I was appointed field marshal of the salvation army and I invented the 6th generation peace warfare.

and now youre just a regular member on shiachat, ...

In 1995 I was at university. I think that's also when I had my first scientific article published: I forgot the exact name, but it was very stinky, something about mass die-offs of invasive zebra mussels. 

Just now, notme said:

In 1995 I was at university. I think that's also when I had my first scientific article published: I forgot the exact name, but it was very stinky, something about mass die-offs of invasive zebra mussels. 

yooooo!!!!! uni huh, thats awesomeee, you got any pics you can pM me??, or if not that,tell me what did you guys wear back then?what was your fav tv show? what hit movie was back then, how did it feel like not being connected to the internet, what did you do for fun?

20 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

yooooo!!!!! uni huh, thats awesomeee, you got any pics you can pM me??, or if not that,tell me what did you guys wear back then?what was your fav tv show? what hit movie was back then, how did it feel like not being connected to the internet, what did you do for fun?

There was dialup internet back then. For fun I used to eat caviar and drink a beverage from the future which captain picard beamed down for me.  I used to wear a 1000$ suit tailored by Giovanni. My fav tv show was perfect strangers.

8 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

There was dialup internet back then. For fun I used to eat caviar and drink a beverage from the future which captain picard beamed down for me.  I used to wear a 1000$ suit tailored by Giovanni. My fav tv show was perfect strangers.

giovanni? never heard of him, heard of versace tho..

56 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

I was mostly oblivious to fashion and trends. I wore jeans, T-shirt or oversized sweatshirt, and army boots. I watched x-files and star trek the next generation, and occasionally would catch animated Batman or the animaniacs. I didn't own a TV, but most of friends did. 

Before the internet, people used to actually sit face to face with their friends and use their voices to chitchat. I was in a martial arts class, not just for fun but also because I became friends with the people there. Outside of structured activities, we went to movies, each other's houses, hiking, fishing, tubing, rock climbing, roller skating. Sometimes there were street festivals. If we took pictures, we had to send the film off to be developed before we got to look at the pictures, so we rarely wasted film on selfies. 

It was a good time to be a young adult, much better than now in many ways. 

3 minutes ago, notme said:

I was mostly oblivious to fashion and trends. I wore jeans, T-shirt or oversized sweatshirt, and army boots. I watched x-files and star trek the next generation, and occasionally would catch animated Batman or the animaniacs. I didn't own a TV, but most of friends did. 

Before the internet, people used to actually sit face to face with their friends and use their voices to chitchat. I was in a martial arts class, not just for fun but also because I became friends with the people there. Outside of structured activities, we went to movies, each other's houses, hiking, fishing, tubing, rock climbing, roller skating. Sometimes there were street festivals. If we took pictures, we had to send the film off to be developed before we got to look at the pictures, so we rarely wasted film on selfies. 

It was a good time to be a young adult, much better than now in many ways. 

wowwwww it does sound magical, no lie, it sounds awesomeee, awwwwhhhh yeah i remember as a kid, the days of waiting for the photos to be developed.and taking more meaningful photos than selfies, TECH DESTROYED US, STEVE JOBS!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

TECH DESTROYED US, STEVE JOBS!!!!!!

You don't have to do it. It's a choice. 

One of my teenage sons spends most of his time riding his bicycle around town with his friends, working odd jobs, playing basketball, going fishing. 

My other teenage son lives on the internet. 

I was in school and, for reasons still unknown to me, all of a sudden immensely popular.I broke records in playing hooky and bunking classes yet the teachers liked me.I grew nearly 3 inches that year, was the tallest girl in the class and somehow excelling at sports.

At home it was another story,I was in a constant battle with my mother to let me study pre engineering subjects instead of pre med. When no one listened to me I rebelled by producing almost failing grades in physics and chemistry(but I knew those didn't count towards college admission lol,I 'sobered up' later and scored distinction in both the subjects). I hated my life at home and was constantly making plans to never return once I left for college. I didn't like watching TV and during the time I wasn't happily filling pages after pages with benzene rings and physics equations I did crosswords and wordsearch. 

2 hours ago, sidnaq said:

giovanni? never heard of him, heard of versace tho..

Giovanni stitched suits for Nixon and Jimmy Carter and some gentlemen on wall street. He stitched 10 suits for me. Then later he committed suicide.

Edited by Darth Vader

5 hours ago, notme said:

Lake Erie?

3 hours ago, starlight said:

I was in school and, for reasons still unknown to me, all of a sudden immensely popular.I broke records in playing hooky and bunking classes yet the teachers liked me.I grew nearly 3 inches that year, was the tallest girl in the class and somehow excelling at sports.

At home it was another story,I was in a constant battle with my mother to let me study pre engineering subjects instead of pre med. When no one listened to me I rebelled by producing almost failing grades in physics and chemistry(but I knew those didn't count towards college admission lol,I 'sobered up' later and scored distinction in both the subjects). I hated my life at home and was constantly making plans to never return once I left for college. I didn't like watching TV and during the time I wasn't happily filling pages after pages with benzene rings and physics equations I did crosswords and wordsearch. 

Disappointing in some ways. At that age l was in the army. [Boring].

l do have to give you credit for crosswords. l have only finished 2 or 3 in my life. When l look at the answers, l still do not 'get' the connections.

ln '95, l was still trying to build my health back up.

1 hour ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Why is it Steve Jobs' fault? He didn't create the internet, the US military did.

I thought it was invented as a way for university professors to collaborate. Or is that apocryphal?