ali_fatheroforphans

What are you like

Rate this topic

Salam,

Are you different when you interact with users online(shiachat) than with friends in real life?

I mean are you able to 'be yourself' more when talking to your friends in real life or on Shiachat?

Or is it exactly the same?

I mean I do have quite close friends, but still I can't be myself entirely. My friends have no idea that I am religious and that I don't listen to music etc If I ever told them, they would be so shocked lol :D

Everyone needs to act according to the situation they are in, it's not usually an act, but some people really do mean to deceive. Those are the dangerous ones.

I'm much more open and friendly in text than in voice or face to face conversation. Actually I'm so out of practice with talking, it's possibly become a disorder. I'm thinking about joining a club or something just to force myself to socialize in real life.

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

Are you different when you interact with users online(shiachat) than with friends in real life?

I mean are you able to 'be yourself' more when talking to your friends in real life or on Shiachat?

Or is it exactly the same?

I mean I do have quite close friends, but still I can't be myself entirely. My friends have no idea that I am religious and that I don't listen to music etc If I ever told them, they would be so shocked lol :D

Im more kind, nicer in real life. People frustrate me too much on ShiaChat. lol :)

Not sure how I come off on Shiachat, I do rant quite a bit on here, but the vast majority (98%) of my instructors, professors, and employers; past, present and most likely future, have made it quite clear that they think I'm prideful and arrogant. Im starting to think it was a self defense mechanism that stemmed from something when I was a child, and it just stuck and progressed with time. Family hasn't shied away from these assertions either. 

Whenever I hear it im just like,

Image result for donald trump gif

Edit: I just took pride in this post ^

) :

Edited by Bazzi_

I would say I am quite reserved in real life if I dont know someone but very confident and friendly if approached. I feel I am way more reserved on the forum but a little more open if I have a one on one conversation with people.

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

On 7/15/2017 at 8:13 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Consider yourself lucky to have friends.

I also hide my religion but in my case it always fails. Here in Pakistan, most of my university and other friends both rich and poor drink alcohol and use prostitutes while being Sunni and being charitable etc being weird like that. So when I do not practically join their sessions, being different, they just know. And then, deep inside, they begin to hate me. Its only natural.

Edited by Darth Vader

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:29 AM, Bazzi_ said:

Not sure how I come off on Shiachat, I do rant quite a bit on here, but the vast majority (98%) of my instructors, professors, and employers; past, present and most likely future, have made it quite clear that they think I'm prideful and arrogant. Im starting to think it was a self defense mechanism that stemmed from something when I was a child, and it just stuck and progressed with time. Family hasn't shied away from these assertions either. ...

Forget the self-analysis.

Just quiet yourself down a bit.

You don't have to respond to everything.