AfricanShia

Farsi or Arabic

5 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Farsi or Arabic?

Arabic, not Farsi. Let me give you the reasons why.

1. The majority of Islamic books, tafseer's, hadith collections, etc are in Arabic, not in Farsi. Books like Rijal al Tusi, Bihar al Anwar, etc have not been translated. And of course the Quran is our #1 source for Islamic knowledge, and that is in the Arabic language.
  2. Most Islamic scholars speak Arabic, and all Maraji do. Even in Qom the main classes in پایه اول revolve around Nahw and Sarf, subjects related to the Arabic language. Might as well learn Arabic so your knowledge will already be fairly strong
  3. Finally, you will have more real life opportunities as an Arabic speaker. Expat jobs in the ME, translator for immigration services, and Arabs (along with most other nationalities) enjoy seeing others speak their language 

Ana at'alam alhamdulillah mataa ana atahadduth al'arabiya dha'if. 

20 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Arabic, not Farsi. Let me give you the reasons why.

1. The majority of Islamic books, tafseer's, hadith collections, etc are in Arabic, not in Farsi. Books like Rijal al Tusi, Bihar al Anwar, etc have not been translated. And of course the Quran is our #1 source for Islamic knowledge, and that is in the Arabic language.
  2. Most Islamic scholars speak Arabic, and all Maraji do. Even in Qom the main classes in پایه اول revolve around Nahw and Sarf, subjects related to the Arabic language. Might as well learn Arabic so your knowledge will already be fairly strong
  3. Finally, you will have more real life opportunities as an Arabic speaker. Expat jobs in the ME, translator for immigration services, and Arabs (along with most other nationalities) enjoy seeing others speak their language 

Ana at'alam alhamdulillah mataa ana atahadduth al'arabiya dha'if. 

Oh ok. Its just that I liked Farsi.