Sign in to follow this  
SajjadKhil

Editing a post

Rate this topic

Salam everyone, how do you edit a post or a comment ? I have commented on a post last night and I tried to edit it but couldn't find how? thanks

Well thats lame, I tried to find an edit option last night within the 1 hour time frame  but couldn't, I think people should be able to edit whatever they like.

2 hours ago, SajjadKhil said:

Well thats lame, I tried to find an edit option last night within the 1 hour time frame  but couldn't, I think people should be able to edit whatever they like.

Allowing people to edit their posts whenever they wanted would make it very difficult to moderate the forum. People could write inflammatory statements, post blasphemous content make rude and derogatory comments towards other members and then simply go and change it later. 

You can always screenshot or something, I'm not very convinced about this system, I wanted to edit a post not because it was rude or anything, now I want to delete my account and I realized I actually can't do it by myself and even If if I did my posts would still be there lol this is a nightmare.

4 hours ago, SajjadKhil said:

Like seriously why do I need to contact an Admin to remove my account ? why cant I do it myself ?

This mechanism is in place to prevent abuse by trolls or troublemakers.

If you want your account unregistered, an admin can do it for you. I hope you enjoyed your stay here on ShiaChat. 

On 7/15/2017 at 7:29 AM, SajjadKhil said:

I have post I would like to edit  please

Staff usually edit or hide posts upon request only if there's sensitive personal information or special circumstances.