Rate this topic

Bismillah Ar Rahman Ar Rahim

In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Prayers and Peace be upon Prophet Muhammad and His Holy and Immaculate Household. 

There have been a group of us on Shiachat who have been watching over the years how many brothers and sisters fall into problems and despair because of a lack of opportunities to find a suitable spouse. There are opportunities, both on and off line, but these opportunities are not feasible to do for some brothers and sisters who 'fall between the cracks' as it were. In order to help them, and in the spirit of Amr Bil Maroof wa Nahiya Al Munkhar (Enjoining good and forbidding evil), a group of us have decided to invest some of our time fe sibilillah (in the way of Allah) in order to help our brother and sisters find a suitable spouse who may otherwise find it difficult to do. 

In Introducing the project, there are a few points that need to be clear

1) This project is not officially part of or affiliated with Shiachat, although it has support from a number of influential members here. 

2) This project is a marriage opportunities network, just like the name says. It is an introduction service, it is not a marriage or match making service. 

3) The project managers and participants will strive to abide by all clear and agreed upon Islamic requirements for a marriage related project

The Project, In Brief

The managers of the project have committed to holding sessions once a month via Skype in order to introduce brothers and sisters to each other in a halal, confidential, and secure environment. Based on the session, potential spouses are free to 'self select' (it is a self selection process, the organizers don't match up the participants) and if there is a match, the project manager acts as an agent in order to exchange contact and other information with the interested parties only. Only those looking for a spouse plus one session moderator per session are able to participate. There may be multiple session held simultaneously in order to provide convenient times for brothers and sisters living in different parts of the world. The sessions will be held in the English language only (for now). There is a registration process (links will be given below). 

The Project - Participation

In order to participate, each person must complete the registration process. The first session will be limited to a maximum of 5 brothers and 5 sisters. This is per session. If there are multiple sessions, it will be 5 and 5 per session. In case there is more demand than can be accommodated, priority will be given to brothers and sisters who fully fill out the references sections and their references are well known in the community and can be easily verified and those who have filled out the optional questionaire. There is no cost to the participants for participating in the session, other than their time. 

The Project - The session

The first Session will be held via Skype. The target date for the first session is July 28th at 9 pm Eastern Standard (New York) time. There may be additional sessions for brothers and sisters in the UK (we will be announcing if there is). The session will be approximately 1 hour. It will start with a 5 minute introduction to the project and instructions for participants. The rest of the session will be 5 minute segments given to each brother and sister to introduce themselves to the group. Participants can participate in any way they feel comfortable, voice / video chat, just voice, or just text (chat). In case they decide to participate via video, Islamic regulations regarding dress must be observed. 

There will be approx 10 minutes given at the end of the session should brothers and sisters have questions for each other or the moderator. 

Participants will contact the moderator via email in case they are interested in one of the other participants. If they one they are interested is also interested in them, moderator will send their information to each other. After that point, MON Project is out of the picture and it is up the the individual brothers and sisters to pursue or not pursue the relationship in a responsible and safe manner keeping in mind the guidelines of Islam, wisdom, and common sense. 

If anyone has question, please post on this thread or contact the project at

monproject17@gmail.com

Link to Registration

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EgT3KBzw7BhlHoztN6r_0uSR1vLHelj_xLqNhwfnLUM

Link to Optional Questionaire (we encourage brothers and sister to fill this in addition to the registration)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mNMLTK0rjw1Z-rlOyGfUvbQCWgbnMCIsHz4rgqoog5w

All information sent or exchanged with monproject17 is strictly confidential and will only be shared with third parties with the explicit consent of the participant. 

Salam Alekum. 

I filled it out but I don't have any references. There are no Shia mosques close to my area hence the struggle to meet anyone. Would I still be able to attend?

It means character references. Someone who is not related to you that could vouch for your character and trustworthiness. An Imam or leader in the local muslim community is the best option, since they are known and agreed upon by a large number of muslims, but it doesn't have to be. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

In order to participate, each person must complete the registration process. The first session will be limited to a maximum of 5 brothers and 5 sisters.

we have a problem here, I could take all four and then what.

a good idea but how will you counter the problems of rejection. We have very sensitive minds here, who even dislike factual comments.

11 minutes ago, monad said:

a good idea but how will you counter the problems of rejection. We have very sensitive minds here, who even dislike factual comments.

There will always be rejection in the process of finding a suitable spouse. One who can't handle rejection is probably not ready yet, and should not participate. 

41 minutes ago, monad said:

These sessions are just meant to introduce brothers and sisters,rest it up to them and like notme said there always will be rejections in the marriage process.

We have confirmed 5 participants for the session(3 sisters and two brothers so far), in little more than 24 hours since registration opened. If brothers and sisters want to participate in the session, I suggest they register soon .

Edited by Abu Hadi

37 minutes ago, Laayla said:

Can brothers apply who are already married? 

Those looking for a second wife?yes they can. 

1 hour ago, Abu Hadi said:

We have confirmed 5 participants for the session(3 sisters and two brothers so far), in little more than 24 hours since registration opened. If brothers and sisters want to participate in the session, I suggest they register soon .

Half the slots gone!

4 minutes ago, starlight said:

Those looking for a second wife?yes they can. 

Half the slots gone!

As it is now, odds are looking better for the men. 

1 hour ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Can brothers apply who are already married?  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Part of the registration is a questionaire. The questionaire specifically asks the sisters if they would consider marrying a man who already has a wife (i.e. a second wife). If they say 'No', then they will not be contacted by any man who is not single. If they say 'Yes', then they may be contacted by these men. So far, all the brothers are single, lol. With my experience with these types of events in the past, 90% + of the brothers who go to these events are single. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

God bless you Hajj Abu Hadi, so much reward in having a mediator who try and bring momineen together for the purpose of marriage.  

Also in the questionnaire does it ask sect or school of thought?

Can we see the questionnaire in public or can you put it in the vet's forum?

What is the youngest age you are allowed to apply?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Thank you sister. 

Link to Optional Questionaire (we encourage brothers and sister to fill this in addition to the registration)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mNMLTK0rjw1Z-rlOyGfUvbQCWgbnMCIsHz4rgqoog5w

You can look at it here, but I am asking brothers and sisters who do not intend  to be in the session to not hit 'submit' and submit the answers. This will throw off our data for the session. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Ahsant, may Allah swt reward you who arrange this!

How wonderful is the time spent fi sabilillah, is there any better way to spend time in dunya?

Is it okay if I advertise this to people outside of ShiaChat?

Edited by IbnSina

39 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Absolutely.

In my experience, as someone in the marriage age bracket, I can say that the number one problem is the lack of meeting opportunities. That is more serious than dowry, racism, and other issues. Of course, we cant guarantee perfect matches, people have to rely on their own judgment and families. But without meeting opportunities, we'll lose much more than just time, we can lose the whole community.

Abu Hadi has a lot of experience in matrimonial services, and I throw my full support behind him and his abilities. InshaAllah all the best to those who sign up.

Have you considered having different sessions based on where the participants live? If you have enough people signed up that is. I just imagine it would be disappointing if for example some girl from the US signed up and the 5 guys are all living in various countries outside the US. Or perhaps even having different sessions based on age brackets? I feel like the chances of one of 5 prospects living in your country, and being the right age, and on top of that having all the other qualities one looks for in a spouse, is very slim. So narrowing things a bit could really helpful. 

11 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Ahsant, may Allah swt reward you who arrange this!

How wonderful is the time spent fi sabilillah, is there any better way to spend time in dunya?

Yes. 

2 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

Have you considered having different sessions based on where the participants live? If you have enough people signed up that is. I just imagine it would be disappointing if for example some girl from the US signed up and the 5 guys are all living in various countries outside the US. Or perhaps even having different sessions based on age brackets? I feel like the chances of one of 5 prospects living in your country, and being the right age, and on top of that having all the other qualities one looks for in a spouse, is very slim. So narrowing things a bit could really helpful. 

We are considering having a seperate session for those living in the UK, and in the future, for those in Australia. 

It is not actually by country, although all of those who signed up so far live in the US. 

Anyone is welcome to participate, but the timing is the thing. The session is going to be at 9pm EST.

In London, that would be 3 am (when most people are asleep). 

The philosophy of the project is this, 

Basically it doesn't matter where you live, as long as you are upfront with your potential spouse about where you live, and if your potential spouse accepts the fact that say he lives in the UK and you live in Bahrain (for example) and he is willing to go thru the steps necessary to bring you to the UK, then there is no problem with that. 

As many of you know, I was born and live in the US and my wife was born and raised in Lebanon. So I think people should be open, as far as geography, as long as potential spouses are honest and upfront with each other about their situation. 

Edited by Abu Hadi