Guest anonymous

Footsie with aunt

Rate this question

Question

Guest anonymous

hi i want to know that is it allowed for my Muslim maternal aunt to play footsie with me she is about 6 years older to me.whenever i visit her and we sit facing each other she tries to touch her feet with mine or sometimes press it with her feet this mostly happens in winter maybe she want to warm her feet  i donot have any bad feelings or intentions for her i have also responded her back sometimes because i think she is also doing it playfully nd i dun think that she is doung it for bad purpose    but I am not sure if its the right or wrong. plz give help

9 answers to this question

From my understanding, if you are related to her by blood then this is no problem, but if she is married to your uncle (who is related to you by blood) than playing footsie with her would be haram. But as long as you're related by blood, I (persoanlly) see nothing wrong.

Hope this helps!

Guest Guest anonymous

yes we r related by blood  but she is still a women nd footsie is considered  as a flirting so if its done playfully is it ok. Iam confuse

The thing is, without knowing your ages, it is hard to know what is going on.

But if it is 'footsie' in the way that that term is commonly understood, then of course it is unacceptable, or at the very least very weird.

Personally I believe that there is foot touching that doesn't fall under the 'footsie' umbrella, as an older person would do as a joke or a wind up to a small child - and your auntie might view you as a small child and is doing that.

When you are 16 and think you are grown up,  you never think that a 16 year old can be seen as a child,  but it is possible.

To sum up, weird behaviour depending on age and situation, but it could just be innocent. 

Edited by Ali_Hussain

21 hours ago, Guest anonymous said:

she is married

Then tell her it makes you uncomfortable. Also tell her the rules of the religion even in regards to contact with one's own aunt. Sure, she is your mahram and to do anything with her would be incest to say the least, but still there are limits to how much interaction there can be. After all, even muslim men have restrictions on how much bodily contact they can have with their own mothers and how much skin  a mother show around her children. 

Guest anonymous

i also think its not right but iam afraid to talk to her about it because she might mind or get angry maybe she is doing it playfully but iam 22 years old nd she is like 29 nd i dun think its appropriate but she always tries to sit next to me even if when i try to sit far she also takes her sandals off nd play footsie with me when we are sitting on table.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts on ShiaChat!

• As-Sahifa Al-Kamilah Al-Sajjadiyya The Psalms of Islam AUTHOR(S):  Imam Ali Zaynul Abidin (a) https://www.al-islam.org/sahifa-al-kamilah-sajjadiyya-imam-zain-ul-abideen PUBLISHER(S):  Muhammadi Trust of Great Britain and Northern Ireland A collection of supplications and whispered prayers composed by the great-grandson of the Prophet (s). Includes supplication for the Coming of the Month of Ramadhan, and supplication for Bidding Farewell to the Month of Ramadhan. At the end there is also the famous Treatise on Rights that explains beautifully the rights in an Islamic point of view. CATEGORY:  Supplications TOPIC TAGS:  SUPPLICATIONS SAHIFAH SAJJADIYYAH PERSON TAGS:  Imam Ali Zaynul Abidin (a)
    • http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235006908-sunnis-and-shias-can-we-just-unite/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-3097753  
    • This suggestion really depends on how likely you will get a broken jaw. You can do mutah with a no-sex arrangement. [And with the change in Australian law, say you will do it with a girl if necessary --suggested as scare-tactic.] Now, a similar situation was/is near me. The oldest is constantly abused by her father (he is on medication). Here is one  small  example: After she graduated college -and she lived ate home while attending- she got into medical school where she then lived about 200 miles away. Once when she was home, her father got hold of her smart phone and started calling everyone on her contact list to ask about any sexual activity, drinking and so forth. The list included her advisor.
    • Off-hand l'd say two of your options are: 1] Take him to small-claims court and use the courts 'judgment cap' (e.g. $2500 in some states) and claim this portion is past due if he owes more than $2500.  Then go-for-the-rest later (if necessary  ) 2] Write him off your taxes as a "bad debt" and send a report to a credit reporting agency. Also, if he put the money into a business, then go to the BBB and see if their complaint dep't can help.
    • hi in my opinion the main problem between sunni &shia is about their claiming of supremacy to  each other for shias their Imams are martyred and according to  below verses when we call them they answer us and all of them 100% beneficial to us but sunni leaders were ordinary people & sunnis bro&sis dont call them as martyrs  so whats their benefit for them as you see in  verse 12  And of the people is he who worships Allah on an edge. If he is touched by good, he is reassured by it; but if he is struck by trial, he turns on his face [to the other direction]. He has lost [this] world and the Hereafter. That is what is the manifest loss. (11) He invokes instead of Allah that which neither harms him nor benefits him. That is what is the extreme error. (12) He invokes one whose harm is closer than his benefit - how wretched the protector and how wretched the associate. (13)Indeed, Allah will admit those who believe and do righteous deeds to gardens beneath which rivers flow. Indeed, Allah does what He intends. (14) Whoever should think that Allah will not support [Prophet Muhammad] in this world and the Hereafter - let him extend a rope to the ceiling, then cut off [his breath], and let him see: will his effort remove that which enrages [him]? (15) Al-Hajj◄  333  ►Juz 17 http://tanzil.net/#22:11