"A Flow Through Test Chamber For Larval Mercenaria mercenaria";

Lots of bird houses and toy cars;

Plumbing systems for flow-through aquaculture;

Lots of various shelves, chambers, containers;

Pine armoire (from a kit);

Duct tape wallets and lunch bags (those were fun);

A bicycle pieced together from dumpster dive prize broken bikes;

A humane rat trap (didn't work, rat escaped);

Probably lots more that I can't remember. Building, fixing, and improvising are kind of my thing. 

4 minutes ago, Reza said:

One more thing, Legos don't count!

Aww! Not even if it's really awesome?

1 minute ago, AfricanShia said:

Waw. I havent built anything thats legit. :(

Three things are necessary: necessity, curiosity, and disregard for failure. :)

1 minute ago, notme said:

Three things are necessary: necessity, curiosity, and disregard for failure. :)

Maybe its because im black........Maybe im only destined for Black Lives Matter and Kentucky Fried Chicken...... :(

Just now, AfricanShia said:

Maybe its because im black........Maybe im only destined for Black Lives Matter and Kentucky Fried Chicken...... :(

I've got a few words for you:

George Washington Carver

Katherine Johnson

Ernest Everett Just

even Neil Degrasse-Tyson

And that's just scientists that I can think of quickly off the top of my head. There's plenty of writers, artists, statesmen, athletes, teachers..... 

Don't let anyone limit you. 

Even though fried chicken is delicious. 

50 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

Sheikh Zakzaky, Malcolm X, Muhammad Abdul Latif, Sheikh Usama Abdul Ghani......... Shia's are very ethnically diverse.

On topic, I once bulit a table to put all of my prayer mats/books/turbah's on. I also wrapped an imamah for the first time last week, which is harder than it sounds. Thats basically it, and I was never that good at even lego.

2 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

wow i was thinking about this today, well i built a miniature working snow ski, an old version of it for my class in 8th grade.and i built a tower crane which i am planning to rebuild again becuase i didnt get it functioning as i wanted it to. any thing else?, heh maybe toothpick tower

16 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

wow i was thinking about this today, well i built a miniature working snow ski, an old version of it for my class in 8th grade.and i built a tower crane which i am planning to rebuild again becuase i didnt get it functioning as i wanted it to. any thing else?, heh maybe toothpick tower

Interesting. 

When I took a construction management class, we had a competition to build pencil launchers, but it doesn't count because we used Legos. 

My team lost, but not by much. We got an A- on the project. Our launcher was on time, within budget, and structurally sound, but just didn't have the required launching accuracy. (Our pencil got stuck in the classroom ceiling instead of coming back down to the target area.)

5 hours ago, notme said:

When I took a construction management class, we had a competition to build pencil launchers, but it doesn't count because we used Legos. 

My team lost, but not by much. We got an A- on the project. Our launcher was on time, within budget, and structurally sound, but just didn't have the required launching accuracy. (Our pencil got stuck in the classroom ceiling instead of coming back down to the target area.)

WOW notmes life is so cool!! 

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:51 PM, notme said:

"Action figure residence playset" (AKA boys' version of a doll house);

"A Flow Through Test Chamber For Larval Mercenaria mercenaria";

Lots of bird houses and toy cars;

Plumbing systems for flow-through aquaculture;

Lots of various shelves, chambers, containers;

Pine armoire (from a kit);

Duct tape wallets and lunch bags (those were fun);

A bicycle pieced together from dumpster dive prize broken bikes;

A humane rat trap (didn't work, rat escaped);

Probably lots more that I can't remember. Building, fixing, and improvising are kind of my thing. 

Aww! Not even if it's really awesome?

Wanna re-do my house? Holes in walls and carpet. Maybe ceiling, too. Stove door. AC. Two recepticles. A wooden step. Take a couple of trees out. And so on.

l'II pay for lunch each day.  "Big Grin"

Seriously, l found this a few years ago. When l was 5 or 6 l made my own snowshoes out of an old bamboo blind and string. l also built my own club house then and a tree house. The tree house was best because my sister couldn't get up into it.  "Big Jump and Clapping".

Yes, l hated my sisters until they were old enough and competent enough to cook.

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Wanna re-do my house? Holes in walls and carpet. Maybe ceiling, too. Stove door. AC. Two recepticles. A wooden step. Take a couple of trees out. And so on.

Well if we're talking about fixing things, I have to mention the washing machine which I fixed by smashing part with a hammer and then wrapping it in tape, and who could forget manual windshield wipers! 

To motivate people:

- I have built a large biogas digester system which solely fuels my kitchen. I don't have to pay for or buy propane. It can also fuel my house generators but they draw lots of gas so its an option reserved for emergencies only.

- I installed 2kw of solar panels all by myself, along with two UPS systems and their batteries.

- I built a 12v lead acid battery as an experiment to help with home energy storage.

- When I was in 4th grade I built a remote controlled toy car made of cardboard. I used my broken toys to build it.

- I fixed my wife's medical ultrasound machine by myself recently. The repair shop was asking 150$ to replace a dried up capacitor in its power supply unit. So I did it myself. (I learned self taught electronics and electrical in a few years during my spare time).