sidnaq

help needed from ex christians

Rate this topic

I couldn't even watch it all. It's fake, it's blasphemy. 

There are real experiences where people see angels, or hear, or feel. These people don't do videos, and that's not how their stories end. These experiences have much value to the person, but rarely to anyone else, thus they are not often told. The message given does not put a person on easy street either. Usually they end up with a lot of work to do, not much pay, not much credit.

I do know of a woman who went through the same abusive situation with a Muslim husband. She converted to Islam because of him, and eagerly learned the religion. Bad mistake for a Canadian girl, (still Muslim, divorced). The equality isn't there. Doesn't mean marrying a non Muslim will be any better.

Depending on the Christian breed, the equality isn't there either. The husband is to be the head, that is all. At least women can be saved from hell, but it's mainly implied by the word "mankind", and they still teach the same fire breathing, condemning god that demands a tightrope of impossible orders be followed and only this religious sect has it and the rest are demon worshipers, as if . It's all religious leverage, don't buy it. All scriptures were written by men, for men. In contrast, take a look at Ruth, (a book in the Old Testament). Describe her religion if you can.

To be honest, equality is found in the secular world. 

19 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

To be honest, equality is found in the secular world. 

Unequality is also to be found in the secular world. But the secular world is not bound by rules 1400 or 2.000 years old. Today most(?) Christians have realised that the Bible must be interpreted to fit cobditions different from when it was written. Most(?) Muslims have not yet dared to take this step. One of many reasons the Arab world is in such a mess. 

18 hours ago, sidnaq said:

Sure umm, can you explain to me why islam is the correct religion?

Sister I would recommend you to watch debates in speakers corner Muslim vs Christian. There are points Muslims bring which the Christians can never have a valid answer to. And don't bother watching these convert videos. If Ibless managed to turn his back from Allah so can either one of us. Take certain Sahaba as an example. Take Judas the disciple of Jesus as an example. Take the people of Moses as an example. If these videos shake your Imaan then look at your character and ask yourself if you are a gullible person or not. May Allah bless u 

As-salaamu 'alaykum brother!

Mostly these videos are fake. We had Ergun Caner who is a practising Christian and was an "ex-Muslim". But, was horribly exposed as a liar. There are several Christian organizations that use deceit to convert Muslims to Christianity, although no one with strong faith will ever fall for their traps. 

I've debated with numerous Christians for several years and the common strategy among them is "conversion by emotion" -- They appeal to emotions a lot -- "Jesus died for your sins", Jesus loves you" and so on.

When the Christian nation, America, invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, they went there with their Bibles, but Alhamdulillah the Sunnis and Shi'ah have strong faith in Allaah even though we have some differences, tawheed is necessary to hold onto. 

The fact of the matter is that Christians believe in Jesus as a god and therefore they're kuffaar and to neglect this (i.e., their kufr) is a rejection of the qur'aan. The Qur'aan clearly says that those who say that Jesus is god has disbelived. 

By the way bro, you can check it out, numerous white women are converting to Islam. There are more female converts to Islam than male converts. If Islam is oppressive towards women then why do they convert? The reason is really simple, it gives rights to women within limits while this 21st century has made it more difficult for women since she can have the same responsibilities as men. She has to go and earn a living and therefore has competition i.e., men. Men get more salary and are more fit to do certain works. The qur'aan says that  men are the breadwinners. 

The west has also thrown away the sanctity of marriage. Now we have transexuals and homosexuals. Christian nations where everything is thrown in the gutter. 

wa Allaahu 'alaam! 

6 hours ago, Melvind said:

As-salaamu 'alaykum brother!

Mostly these videos are fake. We had Ergun Caner who is a practising Christian and was an "ex-Muslim". But, was horribly exposed as a liar. There are several Christian organizations that use deceit to convert Muslims to Christianity, although no one with strong faith will ever fall for their traps. 

I've debated with numerous Christians for several years and the common strategy among them is "conversion by emotion" -- They appeal to emotions a lot -- "Jesus died for your sins", Jesus loves you" and so on.

When the Christian nation, America, invaded Iraq and Afghanistan, they went there with their Bibles, but Alhamdulillah the Sunnis and Shi'ah have strong faith in Allaah even though we have some differences, tawheed is necessary to hold onto. 

The fact of the matter is that Christians believe in Jesus as a god and therefore they're kuffaar and to neglect this (i.e., their kufr) is a rejection of the qur'aan. The Qur'aan clearly says that those who say that Jesus is god has disbelived. 

By the way bro, you can check it out, numerous white women are converting to Islam. There are more female converts to Islam than male converts. If Islam is oppressive towards women then why do they convert? The reason is really simple, it gives rights to women within limits while this 21st century has made it more difficult for women since she can have the same responsibilities as men. She has to go and earn a living and therefore has competition i.e., men. Men get more salary and are more fit to do certain works. The qur'aan says that  men are the breadwinners. 

The west has also thrown away the sanctity of marriage. Now we have transexuals and homosexuals. Christian nations where everything is thrown in the gutter. 

wa Allaahu 'alaam! 

This is a PASTOR who left CHRISTIANITY 

Have fun watching it

Christians are in Rage after he left and making these videos 

On July 9, 2017 at 6:48 PM, sidnaq said:

Can any ex christian here tell me why they left and came to islam.i am starting to get doubts after videos like this. WARNING VIDEO IS NOT FOR PEOPLE OF WEAK FAITH OR OTHER THINGS ETC.

There are " convert" videos like this on just about every religion on the planet,as well as ones in which people explain why they left all religion. People leave or change their religion for many reasons. Do you think this woman understood her former faith correctly?

This is also a bit disingenuous. Depending on sect and interpretation, Christianity can be quite patriarchal and there is a well-developed concept of hell,especially among the sects that view CBN....lol.

I personally don't care for the network or others like it of any faith, . It is short on intelligent discourse and at least some of their stuff is not verifiable,IMHO . There was one testimony,since taken down, in which one American woman was claiming she was " tricked" into marriage and conversion to a  American Muslim Arab ( she was fully adult at the times and lived quite the good life with him ,all in America in full view of her American family, on his dime,including having kids, until she decided to divorce him. ) She then went on CBN to talk about her " brutal" husband. I asked some pertinent questions online, including the name of the ( American) mosque where this " trick" marriage and conversion  had taken place. Crickets. Then I asked why she never contacted her close-by family or the police if she was being abused.  More crickets. I also asked why she let her children have visitation with this " brutal" husband and did not contact CPS. Insects are loud. I was thanked for my interest but got zip for answers.

14 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

This is a PASTOR who left CHRISTIANITY 

Have fun watching it

Christians are in Rage after he left and making these videos 

Where was this gentleman a " pastor"? ( I have no idea who he is nor, I suspect, have 99.999999...% of other Christians, so the " raging" is doubtful.)

Where did this fellow go to seminary?

What degree did he attain?

Reason for asking: These historical issues are discussed in first year seminary,  if not before. 

On July 9, 2017 at 7:02 PM, notme said:

Christianity appeals to emotion without reason, Islam to reason supplemented by emotion. How do you want to live?

This,however,  is not my experience of Christianity.

Catholicism is very cerebral,IMHO. 

3 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

This,however,  is not my experience of Christianity.

Catholicism is very cerebral,IMHO. 

As I previously mentioned, I was only nominally Catholic for the sake of satisfying my parents. I claim no special expertise beyond the average lukewarm Catholic school student. 

I always had a problem with the concept of original sin. 

On July 9, 2017 at 7:33 PM, Qa'im said:

A lot of these high-profile Muslim converts to Christianity are fake, and cannot even re-enact the Muslim prayer.  The most famous fake is probably Ergun Caner, but there are others who either were never Muslim or were nominally Muslim. Either way, if other people leave the truth, it does not mean the truth is not the truth.

Muslims seem to go nuts when they " bag" a " Christian"....non, nominal, or otherwise. Especially when they score one of the ignorant " street preachers"( with little or no formal education ) who  plague parts of Protestant non-denominational Christianity.

You would think they had converted a Cardinal. Lol.

I think that door swings both ways.

4 minutes ago, notme said:

As I previously mentioned, I was only nominally Catholic for the sake of satisfying my parents. I claim no special expertise beyond the average lukewarm Catholic school student. 

I always had a problem with the concept of original sin. 

No problem.

Some people harmonize with the faith of their families,others don't.

" Original sin" ,yes, is an interesting concept and tomes have been written about it. I myself don't find it disturbing,though. Discussion for another time and place perhaps.

2 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

No problem.

I just realized I'm guilty of what a lot of non-Muslims do with regard to Islam - failing to acknowledge significant differences between denominations. Let me rephrase my original statement:

Protestant Christianity appeals to emotion without reason; Shia Islam appeals to reason supplemented by emotion. 

^ Lol. Well, to be fair, I have known some pretty silly Catholics and some fantastically knowledgable  Protestants,too. I'm sure if I wandered about in the Muslim world I would encounter the same in the different flavors of Islam.

I will be happy to hear what my daughter has discussed and discovered in her travels with her husband and his family this summer when they return. So far I have some wonderful photos of mosques and Islamic art. ( I requested that.)

1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Where was this gentleman a " pastor"? ( I have no idea who he is nor, I suspect, have 99.999999...% of other Christians, so the " raging" is doubtful.)

Where did this fellow go to seminary?

What degree did he attain?

Reason for asking: These historical issues are discussed in first year seminary,  if not before. 

Kevin Wesley

Now he's on facebook preaching nothingism.

^ Don't know too much about the " Church of God" folks or AU ( their university). A quick glance at their M.Div. curriculum seemed somewhat adequate without knowing course content...which is why this fellow's answers to some questions from others on you tube are strange if the courses are at all mainstream. 

21 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

^ Don't know too much about the " Church of God" folks or AU ( their university). A quick glance at their M.Div. curriculum seemed somewhat adequate without knowing course content...which is why this fellow's answers to some questions from others on you tube are strange if the courses are at all mainstream. 

I don't know that much about them either. I figure if you name your church "Church of God"  it means all other churches aren't, and either they really really know for sure, or it's just part of the agenda.

On 7/11/2017 at 11:28 AM, Quisant said:

The religious person's answer is always like this:

You can't disprove God therefore my God is true. 
My God says that he is the only real God.
Therefore all other gods are disproved. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deceived by Satan. 

:)

Is that a joke?

1 hour ago, Son of Placid said:

I don't know that much about them either. I figure if you name your church "Church of God"  it means all other churches aren't, and either they really really know for sure, or it's just part of the agenda.

Lol. They seem pretty mainline-y, if conservative, Protestant. Wasn't expecting a " pastor" of theirs to be saying such things on YouTube. Expected a higher level of ed.

21 hours ago, Muhammed Ali said:

Is that a joke?

I'm afraid it's not a joke, it's been my experience in many circles. Except Buddhists, they just smile and leave you to figure it out in your next life.

On 7/9/2017 at 9:48 PM, sidnaq said:

Can any ex christian here tell me why they left and came to islam.i am starting to get doubts after videos like this. WARNING VIDEO IS NOT FOR PEOPLE OF WEAK FAITH OR OTHER THINGS ETC.

Salam Sidnaq,

I'm not an ex-Christian, but I just want to share with you that Jesus Christ experienced some people rejecting his teachings, so the idea of "ex-Christian" is by no means a new one: Thank God, 11 of his 12 chosen apostles loyally and faithfully continued to believe in him, and all except John were killed for testifying about Jesus!! (John was exiled to Patmos.) 

60 On hearing it, many of his disciples said, “This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?”

61 Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? 62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before! 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit[e] and life.

64 Yet there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him. 65 He went on to say, “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.”

66 From this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him.

67 “You do not want to leave too, do you?” Jesus asked the Twelve.

68 Simon Peter answered him, “Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. 69 We have come to believe and to know that you are the Holy One of God.” - John 6:60-69 (NIV)

Jesus Christ prophesied (which is what prophets do) that that in the later days, many people would leave the faith. :( This sadly happens everyday,and will happen till Jesus Christ returns. 

10 At that time many will turn away from the faith and will betray and hate each other, 11 and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. 12 Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, 13 but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. - Matthew 24:10-14 (NIV)

Ex-Christians have turned away from the faith, thus fulfilling this prophecy. :(

However, it is very important for Christians to love Ex-Christians, because Jesus commands to love everyone, including neighbors (Matthew 22:36-40) and enemies (Matthew 5:43-48). It doesn't matter what belief a person has; Jesus commands love.  God's amazing love through Jesus Christ is why I personally am and will always be a Christian!!!

Peace and God bless you

On 7/9/2017 at 10:58 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

@sidnaq

And when you ask them for more details or how it to be, they say "It's a divine mystery"

I like your posts Gaius, but couldnt let this one slide.

From a scientific position, there is no religion that isn't a "divine mystery".  God itself is a divine mystery and for those who believe in God, we are put in a position where we must accept "opinion" and "personal choice" and "subjective faith".

So, people can poke at the trinity all they want, it doesn't somehow make their own "divine mysteries" clear and objective truths.

If things were so clear, we wouldnt have sectarian divides and major differences in practice and faith.

In natural sciences, there is no real difference in our understanding of say, plate tectonics, between the US and China, because there is information that is very clear about it. While religion is more faith based and changes everywhere you go.

So, to conclude, from an objective or empirical stance, Islam has its own divine mysteries as well as Christianity, that we can read about right here on SC. And it becomes somewhat of a personal choice if you will allow those mysteries to make or break your personal faith.

9 hours ago, iCambrian said:

I like your posts Gaius, but couldnt let this one slide.

From a scientific position, there is no religion that isn't a "divine mystery".  God itself is a divine mystery and for those who believe in God, we are put in a position where we must accept "opinion" and "personal choice" and "subjective faith".

So, people can poke at the trinity all they want, it doesn't somehow make their own "divine mysteries" clear and objective truths.

If things were so clear, we wouldnt have sectarian divides and major differences in practice and faith.

In natural sciences, there is no real difference in our understanding of say, plate tectonics, between the US and China, because there is information that is very clear about it. While religion is more faith based and changes everywhere you go.

So, to conclude, from an objective or empirical stance, Islam has its own divine mysteries as well as Christianity, that we can read about right here on SC. And it becomes somewhat of a personal choice if you will allow those mysteries to make or break your personal faith.

No, just no, just what are you doing? I understand all religions in some shape or form have a divine mystery, Islam included. When I wrote that, I was talking about the Christian mysteries and how it was absurd to me and how it factored into my personal decision. I have never gotten a straight answer about Christian mysteries from its practitioners, and it was a waste of my time, so I left.

At least in Islam from my personal and subjective experience, there's more clarity and understanding of its mysteries. Why you are arguing with someone agrees with you? Its rather strange.

9 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

At least in Islam from my personal and subjective experience, there's more clarity and understanding of its mysteries.

This idea of "understanding my own mysteries more-so than understanding your mysteries" is arbitrary. Whether a person believes in one hypothesis over another, it could have meaning, but without objective demonstration, these hypotheses are objectively equivalent. And just as you could say that in your subjective experience, X mysteries make more sense than Y mysteries, there are plenty who might say the same thing, just understanding Y mysteries more so than X.

Bottom line is, it tumbles down to a personal choice in the end. Its not as if either religion isn't faith based at all and is well understood. This just isn't the case.