sidnaq

help needed from ex christians

Rate this topic

Can any ex christian here tell me why they left and came to islam.i am starting to get doubts after videos like this. WARNING VIDEO IS NOT FOR PEOPLE OF WEAK FAITH OR OTHER THINGS ETC.

I left Christian faith because it simply doesnt make sense and that Islam makes more sense. DONT WATCH THESE VIDEOS! THESE PEOPLE ARE FAKE CONVERTS THAT WANT TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE INTO THINKING ISLAM IS WRONG!! The Mighty One sharing Divinity with a Man? If Jesus had any share of Divinity then he would be so powerful. Jesus ate, he slept, he did everything that a human needs to do to survive. 

27 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

I left Christian faith because it simply doesnt make sense and that Islam makes more sense. DONT WATCH THESE VIDEOS! THESE PEOPLE ARE FAKE CONVERTS THAT WANT TO BRAINWASH PEOPLE INTO THINKING ISLAM IS WRONG!! The Mighty One sharing Divinity with a Man? If Jesus had any share of Divinity then he would be so powerful. Jesus ate, he slept, he did everything that a human needs to do to survive. 

Salam brother, how do you know they are fake bro?

3 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

Salam brother, how do you know they are fake bro?

Listen I may be young but I aint stupid. I have debunked these videos before. They all say the same stupid propaganda about Islam that its so violent and then they saw Jesus and he told them to become Christian. I have seen dozens of these videos. Dozens and they are all the same. 

Edited by AfricanShia

A lot of these high-profile Muslim converts to Christianity are fake, and cannot even re-enact the Muslim prayer.  The most famous fake is probably Ergun Caner, but there are others who either were never Muslim or were nominally Muslim. Either way, if other people leave the truth, it does not mean the truth is not the truth.

1 minute ago, Qa'im said:

A lot of these high-profile Muslim converts to Christianity are fake, and cannot even re-enact the Muslim prayer.  There most famous fake is probably Ergun Caner, but there are others who either were never Muslim or were nominally Muslim. Either way, if other people leave the truth, it does not mean the truth is not the truth.

Thats what im trying to point out. 

@sidnaq

I left Christianity because it is a irresponsible belief and defies logic and common sense. Why would one claim to believe in one God and say that He is three separate but equal personalities  in one deity and then tell you that God (The Father) is not Jesus or the Spirit , Jesus (The Son) is neither the Spirit or God and the Spirit is not God or Jesus. 

And when you ask them for more details or how it to be, they say "It's a divine mystery"

Can you trust such an answer? I couldn't growing up.

Some convert from Islam to Christianity. Others from Christianity to Islam. Some just convert to another group within the same religion. All for a  variety of reasons. Most of us stay with the religion of our parents and are not affected by "hostile" propaganda.

Sister, no matter what, I ask you, NEVER watch those videos! These people make these type of videos for one of these reasons, fame, attention, or the fact that they are embarrassed to be Muslim, so make up a video so that they can leave looking " cool ", that they survived the terror.

I ask you to not worry, and to not have doubts. They are of the biggest liars. Muhammad SAW and Imam Ali (a.s) warned us about these people.

Edited by Hussaini624

Let us take a look at the Quran.

وَاِنۡ تُطِعۡ اَكۡثَرَ مَنۡ فِى الۡاَرۡضِ يُضِلُّوۡكَ عَنۡ سَبِيۡلِ اللّٰهِؕ اِنۡ يَّتَّبِعُوۡنَ اِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَاِنۡ هُمۡ اِلَّا يَخۡرُصُوۡنَ‏
(6:116)  If you obey the majority of those who live on earth, they will lead you away from Allah's path. They only follow idle fancies, indulging in conjecture.

Quran here is telling us that the majority is not always right. Just because there is a bigger group, does not at all mean that they are with the truth. Imam Hussein (a.s) proved this to us on the Day of Karbala. Let us never forget.

@sidnaq The people who say 'it is fake' are telling the truth.

I have a personal story:

When I came to Australia(I was 9 years of age), and our family hardly knew anyone. My dad randomly met these missionaries who then became very good friends with him. My dad found them very friendly and they started inviting our whole family to their gatherings. Every month, they have these big family gatherings where they invite various families(even on Christmas etc). They were very friendly to us at start and then they started slowly bringing religious discussions up. They then started sending these CD's which have these 'ex-Muslims' stories like every month or so. Even when we went to their house, they played these videos in front of us. That is when my dad felt uncomfortable and found out that these people are only our friends in hope that we convert to Christianity one day. The videos were terrible with 'weird music' and propoganda stuff like 'I dreamt of Jesus' or 'I was about to go to hell, but Jesus saved me' etc

My dad then made it clear that we are never becoming Christians by having 'arguments with them'. Soon after, they never contacted us ever again despite us calling them. I will never forget these lame propoganda fake videos.

The producers of these videos target Muslims with weak faith and have made fake stories. Never fall for these, or waste your time watching these.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

3 hours ago, andres said:

Some convert from Islam to Christianity. Others from Christianity to Islam. Some just convert to another group within the same religion. All for a  variety of reasons. Most of us stay with the religion of our parents and are not affected by "hostile" propaganda.

Hmm. Aha! Tsk tsk tsk. I see your agenda my friend. Heh! Its not going to work here! lol heheheheehe. :)

@sidnaq . Imma be straight foward with you. Right now it is a very very bad time to lose your faith. Im talking about the prophecies. They're getting worse. Stay strong Sister. Allah is right there. Watching you. He understands you. Dont give up now. If you give up, then a piece of my heart will be gone. It hurts me to witness Shia leaving the faith. It hurts. 

11 hours ago, sidnaq said:

can you share with me your own personal story :D?

It's not that exciting.  Basically I was raised Catholic, but found things wrong with Catholic beliefs at a young age.  I continued to attend mass and go through the rituals as long as I lived with my parents, but as soon as I was out on my own I claimed no religion.  I always believed in God, I just didn't agree with the organized religions I knew about.  At a later time in my life I decided that I couldn't possibly be wiser and more knowledgeable than millions of people living and past, so I returned to Christianity in spite of its logical and theological flaws.  One day while in a Protestant church service, the pastor asserted that "All Muslims are Satan worshipers." I knew this to be incorrect, and I also knew that this claim was in violation of Christian teaching, but I didn't really know what Muslims do believe and do worship so I resolved to research before discussing the pastor's error with him.  In the course of my research I found answers to the theological and logical problems I'd had with Christianity, and became unable to not convert.  

The pastor never did agree to talk with me.  I guess he'll learn about his error on the Day of Judgement if he doesn't figure it out before then.

16 hours ago, Qa'im said:

A lot of these high-profile Muslim converts to Christianity are fake, and cannot even re-enact the Muslim prayer.  The most famous fake is probably Ergun Caner, but there are others who either were never Muslim or were nominally Muslim. Either way, if other people leave the truth, it does not mean the truth is not the truth.

Your like a Ghost. 

As for as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as an "ex-Muslim". You're either a Muslim or a kafir - you've either chosen Islam or you have rejected it - your parents have their own destiny. You shouldn't get any recognition or legitimacy for having Muslim parentage. It's a religion not a culture.

23 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Hmm. Aha! Tsk tsk tsk. I see your agenda my friend. Heh! Its not going to work here! lol heheheheehe. :)

We may not have time or interest to read every post, but there is no reason to be afraid to read propaganda as long as we dont loose our common sense. 

6 minutes ago, andres said:

We may not have time or interest to read every post, but there is no reason to be afraid to read propaganda as long as we dont loose our common sense. 

Tsk tsk tsk. 

Very uninforming comments in this thread,

@sidnaq  it is your choice whether or not you would like to study any case or matter that pertains to things you find personal. I don't find it right for anyone to ask her not to watch these videos. What I will say however is that there are many videos just like this that are created by movie editors and producers (they do this because it is their job; most have an education background in it) who will use your emotions against you through tropes like experiencing a revelation through dreams, experiencing a physical visit by their Lord, and other means which can emotionally impact how you feel and what you may believe, even if it may not necessarily be true at all.

There are very healthy options to go through this like comparing and contrasting scriptural verses and their context; understanding theological similarities and differences, understanding why they are different and so on. You have the freedom of mind to make the choice in your own matter but I implore you that you must spend a large amount of time in studying and pondering. You cannot enter a belief system you have no knowledge of; likewise in order to subscribe to a certain dogma you must know, for the most part, the extremely essential parts of a belief system. 

Also, it is more then normal to have doubts and I find that healthy personally; it means you are thinking. Let these doubts be extinguished through your personal studying and inshallah through keeping true to yourself you will arrive to nothing but truth. Salaam

(Also, If you would like information, i've spent a majority of the past year and a half studying interfaith theology between Christians and Muslims. I could help you understand where to start if you'd like to message me). We also have a small amount of Christian members on this site you could ask for information as well. Good luck 

On 7/11/2017 at 9:42 AM, sidnaq said:

Sure umm, can you explain to me why islam is the correct religion?

The religious person's answer is always like this:

You can't disprove God therefore my God is true. 
My God says that he is the only real God.
Therefore all other gods are disproved. 

Anyone who thinks otherwise is deceived by Satan. 

:)