Jump to content
sidnaq

from hinduism to islam?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam, i used to get happy reading these convert stories to islam, until i stopped because they converted to sunni islam, but i dont know am i wrong. why dont we enjoy someone jsut coming to islam even if sunni, why do we share stories of people coming to shia islam only?does shia islam have a rationality to itself? that sunni islam lacks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

why dont we enjoy someone jsut coming to islam even if sunni, why do we share stories of people coming to shia islam only?does shia islam have a rationality to itself? that sunni islam lacks?

Surah Al-Hujraat, Verse 14:

قَالَتِ الْأَعْرَابُ آمَنَّا قُل لَّمْ تُؤْمِنُوا وَلَٰكِن قُولُوا أَسْلَمْنَا وَلَمَّا يَدْخُلِ الْإِيمَانُ فِي قُلُوبِكُمْ وَإِن تُطِيعُوا اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ لَا يَلِتْكُم مِّنْ أَعْمَالِكُمْ شَيْئًا إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

The dwellers of the desert say: We believe. Say: You do not believe but say, We submit; and faith has not yet entered into your hearts; and if you obey Allah and His Apostle, He will not diminish aught of your deeds; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

(English - Shakir)

It always a pleasent news that any non muslim accepted Islam as his religion. 

The journey simply not ends on saying La ilaha illallah, Muhammadun rasool Allah. The journey from Islam to emaan is necessary. Obeying & submitting to each & every command of Allah & His apostle is necessary.

It pleases us more when we see a non-muslim reaching to the level of emaan.

Surah Muhammad, Verse 2:

وَالَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَآمَنُوا بِمَا نُزِّلَ عَلَىٰ مُحَمَّدٍ وَهُوَ الْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّهِمْ كَفَّرَ عَنْهُمْ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ وَأَصْلَحَ بَالَهُمْ

And (as for) those who believe and do good, and believe in what has been revealed to Muhammad, and it is the very truth from their Lord, He will remove their evil from them and improve their condition.

(English - Shakir)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunnis are

18 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

why dont we enjoy someone jsut coming to islam even if sunni, why do we share stories of people coming to shia islam only?does shia islam have a rationality to itself? that sunni islam lacks?

Of course we enjoy anyone who accepts the shahadatain; but we share shia stories possibly because it is primarily intended for shia and those interested in tashayyu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A general comment aimed at some [not you Sidnaq]:

Pains me to see fellow shia's deluding themselves into confusing 8th century Arabia where we had to perform Taqqiyah[at times though it varied] and be careful about public and open Dawah, and 21st Century America, Canada, UK etc.

To those shias who are promoting others to stay at home and not propagate, kindly take your apathy to your homes with you, and the rest of the shias will give a care.

They turn our madhab into a cult, and then want to stagnate its propagation. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone converts from Hinduism to Islam, but which kind of Islam ? Salafi, Ashari, Jaffreri? 

From Vishnu, do they now believe in an Allah who has direction, parts, moves, has two feet?

No doubt, may Allah guide all to monotheism, but may Allah keep guiding them to pure monotheism.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

Salam, i used to get happy reading these convert stories to islam, until i stopped because they converted to sunni islam, but i dont know am i wrong. why dont we enjoy someone jsut coming to islam even if sunni, why do we share stories of people coming to shia islam only?does shia islam have a rationality to itself? that sunni islam lacks?

 

 

Shiism and Sunnism are two different concepts of submissiveness. Shia means followers. The term Shia is mentioned several times in the Quran. Basically the concept of Shia Islam is the followers who submit to Allah. A good misconception people tend to obtain is that that term followers refers to simply following Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) which is not true rather that term is used more generally such as following the revelations of the Prophets as well as the Imams. Sunni means following the ways of Muhammad. A more specific term. Islam teaches the values of family. How Allah admires those whom love their family dearly and help them out. Prophets other than Muhammad (saw) have expressed their love for their family such as Prophet Yaqub and his son Yusuf. Dont you think that the Highest Prophet of all, the Most important Prophet would express his love for his family the most out of the rest? Thats the problem with Sunni Islam. Also many Prophets have had their own progeny as their successors such as Yaqub and Yusuf. Ibrahaim with Ismail and Ishaq. Adam with Seth. Even Prophet Nuh had his child succeed him. So why wouldnt Muhammad's family succeed him as well? Another point is the fact 3 of the Ulul Azm Prophets (Nuh, Ibrahaim, Musa) have had either relatives or their progeny succeed them with Isa excluded as he had no progeny nor spouse as decreed by Allah so why wouldnt Rasoolalahs family follow that same order being decreed by Allah as well? Sunni Hadith narrates odd things like the way how Rasoolalah used to dress up nicely for Uthmaan and how he would always favour Uthmaan and praise Abu Bakr and Umar as well and how they so special in the eyes of Allah and how Aisha is the Mother of all Muslims. Seriously? Please consider this because this the type of content that is narrated in their hadith. They cant even mourn on the day that the Prophet Muhammads grandchild, who was the son of Fatimah whom was the only daughter of Khadijah, those other daughters were adopted from Khadijah's sister whom died. They fast on Ashura, celebrate rather than mourn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Shiism and Sunnism are two different concepts of submissiveness. Shia means followers. The term Shia is mentioned several times in the Quran. Basically the concept of Shia Islam is the followers who submit to Allah. A good misconception people tend to obtain is that that term followers refers to simply following Ali ibn Abi Talib (as) which is not true rather that term is used more generally such as following the revelations of the Prophets as well as the Imams. Sunni means following the ways of Muhammad. A more specific term. Islam teaches the values of family. How Allah admires those whom love their family dearly and help them out. Prophets other than Muhammad (saw) have expressed their love for their family such as Prophet Yaqub and his son Yusuf. Dont you think that the Highest Prophet of all, the Most important Prophet would express his love for his family the most out of the rest? Thats the problem with Sunni Islam. Also many Prophets have had their own progeny as their successors such as Yaqub and Yusuf. Ibrahaim with Ismail and Ishaq. Adam with Seth. Even Prophet Nuh had his child succeed him. So why wouldnt Muhammad's family succeed him as well? Another point is the fact 3 of the Ulul Azm Prophets (Nuh, Ibrahaim, Musa) have had either relatives or their progeny succeed them with Isa excluded as he had no progeny nor spouse as decreed by Allah so why wouldnt Rasoolalahs family follow that same order being decreed by Allah as well? Sunni Hadith narrates odd things like the way how Rasoolalah used to dress up nicely for Uthmaan and how he would always favour Uthmaan and praise Abu Bakr and Umar as well and how they so special in the eyes of Allah and how Aisha is the Mother of all Muslims. Seriously? Please consider this because this the type of content that is narrated in their hadith. They cant even mourn on the day that the Prophet Muhammads grandchild, who was the son of Fatimah whom was the only daughter of Khadijah, those other daughters were adopted from Khadijah's sister whom died. They fast on Ashura, celebrate rather than mourn. 

May Allah save me from misguidance....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Sister @sidnaq

Please tell me from what you've read or seen from videos, what is it that interests you of Ayshia, Abu Baker, Omar, and Uthman.  I stick with speakers who address Quran and Ahulbayt, because of the hadith of thaqalayn.  

I am aware of the hadith from the school of companions where it says quran and sunnah.  So please what is it about these companions that have caused you so much interest and putting a great deal of attention towards them.  I would like to understand.  Please explain.  I would appreciate your perspective about this subject.  Thank you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Sister @sidnaq

Please tell me from what you've read or seen from videos, what is it that interests you of Ayshia, Abu Baker, Omar, and Uthman.  I stick with speakers who address Quran and Ahulbayt, because of the hadith of thaqalayn.  

I am aware of the hadith from the school of companions where it says quran and sunnah.  So please what is it about these companions that have caused you so much interest and putting a great deal of attention towards them.  I would like to understand.  Please explain.  I would appreciate your perspective about this subject.  Thank you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

sister laayla, i wonder if you have listened to Nouman ali khan or mufti menk, they dont talk about or i wasnt attracted because they promoted or glorified abu bakr etc. no way, its just like this. see now i know the answer to listeningto sunni speakers is take the good and leave the bad, and some people can do that, but for someonelike me no matter how much i try i sometimes cant do that. because my heart gets attracted to their way of speaking like listen to the above video i posted, it doesnt speak about aby bakr etc, hes talking about general islam and what attracted him towards it. yet when i listened to him, its like i felt something , a feeling of deen come to me. its really to explain because i know other shias dont go thru this and i do ,luckily Hassanain rajabali's ramadan lectures really help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×