DigitalUmmah

DMT/ LSD/ Hallucinogens in Islam

18 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Such are rubbish western explanations. We don't even know for certain what a dream is. When seeing is believing, when the entirety of physics is derived from seeing and not seeing, such half-truths and statements like "seem to be some sort of hormone" is pseudo-scientific.

Rubbish.

its not rubbish 

hormones like GH are released both while sleeping and on a DMT high. its not crazy to assume that the body undergoes the same/ similar physiological state when you are comatose from a high as when you are asleep. on the flip side, the hormone melatonin is linked to DMT in the sense that DMT is released when melatonin is not released into the blood. melatonin release is inhibited (and DMT released) during the REM stage of sleep when we dream. 

On 7/3/2017 at 1:21 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

its not rubbish 

hormones like GH are released both while sleeping and on a DMT high. its not crazy to assume that the body undergoes the same/ similar physiological state when you are comatose from a high as when you are asleep. on the flip side, the hormone melatonin is linked to DMT in the sense that DMT is released when melatonin is not released into the blood. melatonin release is inhibited (and DMT released) during the REM stage of sleep when we dream. 

And do you know precisely what these hormones do and what mechanism takes place? Neuro science is still in its infancy in comparison to other fields. Your pseudo scientific statements sound like Sunni conjecture. And conjecture is harmful.

While we're on this page, do you recall your previous threads, for instance your fascination with David Icke and other pretty wild conspiracy theories? Now the Sufis and drugs have caught your fancy? Dear bro, I fear you may get misguided or harm yourself. You should never have fallen for an arbitrary belief and being a "mallang" (something invented in indo-pak, a people notorious for our ignorance). A doctrine with no rudder can take you to any destination. Sincerest words you will ever read. Whether you take them constructively or not is entirely up to you. You should have laid down some basic rules so you don't get attracted by all the lures of misguidance out there.

Edited by Darth Vader

On 27/06/2017 at 0:47 PM, DigitalUmmah said:

Salam, Ya Ali (as) Madad, Lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt (as)

Aliun Wali Allah Wajib

BAR MUQASSIRREEN LANAT

I have been meaning to make this thread for a while. 

since the 1960s, hallucinogenic drugs have been fashionable. they are often used to "negate" religious belief because they give "visions" which the person taking the drugs interprets as signs from "the universe" that all established religious institutions and priesthoods are false, and the ultimate secret of life is that each of us is Allah of our own universe. 

theres plenty of youtube videos about this, for example:

as well as lots of accounts of people actually experiencing a DMT (the bit that gives you hallucinations) such as

The "alternate" communities push DMT as part of a larger plan to get people to leave religion. 

no doubt that there are many, many reasons to leave "western" religious institutions, and we should be honest, anyone exposed to religion through a corrupt church who does not adequately explain the concept of god or mans place in the universe will probably lead to most people becoming disbelievers. 

however, I have noticed a lot of muslims are experimenting with hallucinogens etc as part of their journey into understanding the universe. 

the problem is that there is absolute rubbish sufi heresy mixed in with islamic beliefs - such as wahdatul wujud - which unfortunately the lesser knowledgeable would probably fall for. 

wahdatul wujud boiled down is that everything in the universe = Allah. so technically since we are part of the universe, we are part of Allah. 

the imami belief is that Allah is not his creation. we believe saying anything is "part" of Allah is shirk. 

see, the thing with DMT is that it does not give anyone knowledge of anything "outside" their minds. for example there is not one account of anyone gaining any ilm ghayb from taking a hallucinogen. if i am wrong, then please by all means correct me. 

instead, the effects of DMT seem to be some sort of hormone or other chemical to be increased in the blood, which puts someone into a dreaming-like state, so their "visions" are little more than dreams. also, a common experience seems to be "i discovered i was god". to our own senses, our body probably is our god. that doesn't make it true then since i don't remember creating anything. not much of a god if I cant even remember stuff I created. makes no sense. if I was god, why don't i have a body like Arnold Schwarzenegger and long beard & hair like a viking? 

finally, lets look at the Imams (as). there is not a single case of where they encouraged something which would harm us, nor forbid something which would benefit us. if taking hallucinogens was a good way for us to learn about our universe, then they definitely would have encouraged us to do so. 

if you have any questions/ concerns or are having thoughts about trying hallucinogens then please let me know and we can discuss it. I am probably the most qualified by experience to discuss these things

Hallucinogens are experimental drugs that would be deemed Haraam. Given the fact that affects your normal brain functions, it is something that one shouldnt use.