DigitalUmmah

Has dhakku died? *Rumour*

Rate this topic

Salam, Ya Ali as madad, lanat upon the enemies of the Ahlulbayt as.

Has dhakku died? Can anyone confirm? Messages are spreading like fire that he has died today

Edited by ShiaChat Mod
Title was changed from Has dhakku died? to Has dhakku died? *Rumour*

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

It looks like he has had a major heart attack, but somehow survived.

Is this on facebook replies or you had a phone call or text messages? I haven't seen anything on google news.

26 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Is this on facebook replies or you had a phone call or text messages? I haven't seen anything on google news.

It was doing the rounds on whatsapp. I think when he had a heart attack everyone got excited and spread it everywhere he died. Few hours later the doctors saved his life but by then everyone was told he had died. Suppose dying in the month of mercy and forgiveness is not in his naseeb

Ayatullah Najafi [Of Pakistan] i.e known as Dhakku and often called by this name by people who wish to tarnish him mostly, [and also supporters] is one of the scholars of Pakistan who is hated for the following reasons:

1. In Pakistan, there s a culture of tatbir and self-mutilation. Among groups, especially malang and general groups in that region, children and young boys are made to take blades and whip themselves till they are cut and bleed. Having been brought up in a pakistani mosque, i saw men with their entire backs covered with deep scars. While we can not generalise, Pakistani shia's are among the most extreme when it comes to Tatbir [as well as indian].

2. There are many Bidah's  in these region of the world, and many superstitious beliefs shia ulema themselves do not hold. These passed on generation to generation through culture. Najafi has spoken out vehemently against these.

3. To become a shia speaker in this part of the world requires very little credentials if at all. Ghulats, misguiding zakiris, anyone really who can rouse the emotions of a crowd and make for a good theatre is allowed to speak. Exagerated belief are propagated on the pulpits of the ahlulbayt.

4. Malangs, and extremists are rife in this part of the world

I am not here to debate if he is a 'legitimate ayatollah or marja' given that the whole institution of 'Marji' as we know it today itself is a new concept. 

What i am here to say is, when the pakistani, indian, and even iraqi/other communities, but because i am from the former, i can testify that when we do not like someone, rumours are made up about that person, Lanah upon Lanah are sent.I have no doubt in my mind shia's today have prayed for his death, celebrated, peformed lanah on him, and spread disgusting rumours further and further on.

I am not going to be popular with some people for speaking out and saying this, but in my eyes, i only care for truth and justice.

8 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Ayatullah Najafi [Of Pakistan] i.e known as Dhakku and often called by this name by people who wish to tarnish him mostly,

Isn't Dhakku a place name, such as a city or neighborhood? 

6 minutes ago, Learner2526 said:

Can someone explain his controversial beliefs?

1. He forbids men, women and children from taking blades and knives and cutting themselves. He states clearly, as followers of the ahlulbayt, we must not act in a way which shows us to be barbaric people. We must act in a manner which is in harmony with the firah and inner nature of the human being -  tolerance, moderation, and truth.

2. He states that, rather than saying "O Ali, please grant me a baby and forgive my sins!" we should reserve our inner most pleas to our creator, Allah, and approach him as our Imams and Prophet [saw] taught us to. The way we seek tawassul is to say  "O Allah, I ASK YOU FOR THE SAKE OF [BIHAAQI] MUHAMMED WA ALE MUHAMMED."

3. He states that, given it is unanimously accepted the third shahadah is not part of the adhan, and given our Imams asws never added it to the adhan nor instructed us to recite it as part of the adhan, and classical scholars - our greatest- like Saduq, Tusi, and even later ones like Al-Hilli, forbade anyone adding it to the Adhan and reciting it, the modern day shia practise of reciting 'Ali un wali-ullah' in the adhan thus should not be done, and people who claim to recite it but say they do it with the intention it is not part of the adhan are being disingenuous. You can not add someone and recite it like it is the adhan for every adhan and then claim it is not part of the adhan. He merely states - don't go ahead of Ali [as], recite the adhan he recited, not more not less.

The above three have angered communities who go to extremes, such as the malang community, who have performed Lanah upon him, and claimed he is a devil and some perhaps even that he is the son of adultery. 

Edited by Intellectual Resistance

14 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Isn't Dhakku a place name, such as a city or neighborhood? 

Yes. Calling him dhakku is exactly like calling allama talhara sahib "talhara" even though his name is ali nasir hussaini of talhara. Its a common way of calling someone in our culture.

In most videos & websites. He is called dhakku.

Tawheed313/Quran&Ahlulbayt/Intellectual resistance just cant help himself. 

4 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

In most videos & websites. He is called dhakku.

There are so many men who are known as Najafi that it is good that he is called Dhakku so that we know who he is.

Just now, Hameedeh said:

There are so many men who are known as Najafi that it is good that he is called Dhakku so that we know who he is.

Yes exactly. Plus it avoids confusing dhakku with a "real" marja taqleed who has an almost identical name - sheikh basheer hussain najafi

2 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Ayatullah Najafi [Of Pakistan] i.e known as Dhakku and often called by this name by people who wish to tarnish him mo

From where did you get thispiece of information? Since when has calling people by their family names become an attempt to tarnish their reputation?

You also have problem with 'Sistani' instead of Sayyid Ali al-Husseini and 'Khamenei' instead of Seyed Ali Hosseini? 

Edited by starlight

30 minutes ago, starlight said:

You also have problem with 'Sistani' instead of Sayyid Ali al-Husseini and 'Khamenei' instead of Seyed Ali Hosseini? 

It also says a lot about tawheed313/quran&ahlulbayt/intellectual resistance that in both his long, passionate defence posts of dhakku, he must have forgotten to mention that the biggest issue people have with dhakku is that he only spent approximately 6 years in najaf, went back to pakistan then 30 years later (having never returned to najaf) announced he is now a marja taqleed.

Compare this to the likes of sistani, basheer najafi, al hakeem or fayyadh who spent their entire adult lives in najaf, constantly studying, before they announced their marajiyyat

Some of us think this is absurd. He is clearly not a marja at all. Its totally wrong for him to be issuing fatwas. Especially since youtube is filled with videos of him losing debates to randomers.

However, look how (as usual) he just maligns mallangs. Because according to him anything that happens MUST be because of mallangs. 

Edited by DigitalUmmah

From what's been posted here, I don't see anything wrong with this scholar. In-fact, you cannot ask Imam Ali عليه السلام for a child, you can only ask THROUGH him. This has been talked about so many times.

13 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

From what's been posted here, I don't see anything wrong with this scholar. In-fact, you cannot ask Imam Ali عليه السلام for a child, you can only ask THROUGH him. This has been talked about so many times.

Believe me on this one, a number of shias find it absolutely acceptable to directly ask Ali ibn abi Talib [as] to forgive their sins, grant them health, grant them sustenance, grant them children.

@DigitalUmmah

I have a lot of respect for you brother, and you have said before you find the above acceptable [maybe other than forgiving sins]. Could you help illustrate my point to brother Ibn Al Shahid? 

1 hour ago, starlight said:

From where did you get thispiece of information? Since when has calling people by their family names become an attempt to tarnish their reputation?

Tbh, usually the ones who say 'khamanei' or 'khomeini' without 'sayed' or 'ayatollah' are often sayed shirazi followers.

And the ones who say 'shiraz' without saying 'sayed' or 'ayatollah' are often the followers of sayed Khomeini/Khamanei.

Yes, i know many Sayed Shirazi followers call him shirazi, and the same with the others, but there is definitely a trend to remove any honorific title from a scholar one does not like or ascribe to.

In this case, i've often noticed mallangs and the ones DU says are dancing and singing at his death refer to him as Dhakku, rather than any other honorific title, while his followers often do both - refer to him by his honorific titles and Dhakku. But i will fully accept, it's more complicated and i can't generalise.

I study these trends, so what i say is a more nuanced perspective, rather than a rule per say.

1 hour ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Could you help illustrate my point to brother Ibn Al Shahid? 

lol wth

You want him to acknowledge that he adheres to these beliefs, which you consider as bid'ah, in order that you can make a point to someone else?

Anyways, I see you've made a great start on fulfilling my prophecy here (despite the fact that this thread has nothing to do with Dhakku's beliefs):

5 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

I have an idea- why don't we use this an excuse to debate every controversial belief he's ever held for a couple dozen pages? That should be fun.

How did I know? discord_emoji___thinking_by_crimsonwarrior495-db3mnpk.png

4 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Yes, i know many Sayed Shirazi followers call him shirazi, and the same with the others, but there is definitely a trend to remove any honorific title from a scholar one does not like or ascribe to.

What? By that logic, I must be a Shirazi follower because like Starlight, I sometimes refer to Ayatollah Sistani(ha) as simply Sistani. What a dangerous assumption to make about others. @Intellectual Resistance

Not that I see anything wrong with Sayed Sadiq Shirazi, I just trust Sistani more. Why be against him, what has he done besides the tatbir fatwa? Anyway,that's absolutely irrelevant to the thread.

@DigitalUmmah Any updates on Dhakku?

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

8 hours ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

Ayatullah Najafi [Of Pakistan] i.e known as Dhakku and often called by this name by people who wish to tarnish him mostly, [and also supporters] is one of the scholars of Pakistan who is hated for the following reasons:

Dhakku is his name. Friends and foes both call him by this even though he doesn't use the name in writing. The pejorative word term which I've heard used as an insult is a spin on Dhakku, ie, some call him dhakkan. As you'd know, dhakkan is a slang term and is used as an insult.

Anyway I like some of his points of reform but I've had a problem with the harsh and abrasive ways in which he communicates them. He wouldn't have got such huge opposition if he had developed better communication skills and showed a little tolerance to differences in opinion. But on some other issues, which @DigitalUmmah would understand, I completely disagree with him.

I can't say how big an `aalim he is but plenty of people emulated him. I have always argued for resident maraaji, just as in the past, who know and understand the local/national situation and can be reached by the laypeople easily. It is a pity he is the only one who claimed that station but wasn't universally accepted. 

7 hours ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

@Intellectual Resistance is being deliberately sneaky.

as mentioned, the #1 issue people have with dhakku is that he only spent 6 years in total in the hawza in najaf, somehow became a mujtahid in this time, then went back to pakistan and decades later magically announced his marajiyyat. 

I believe that there are rare genius a few times a generation who attain the level of ijtehad at a very young age, for eg i believe sayed sistani attained this level at the age of 30, and sayed bakir al sadr at a similar age, but to put dhakku on the same level as these is a joke. its an insult to them. 

not only this, but he has very strange beliefs, and is often proven to be completely wrong (lying?)

quick example - he believes that khums is not mandatory in our madhab (i.e. he denies one of the furu e deen):

how does he justify this? let me show you. 

skip forward to 4 min 37 seconds. he talks about sayed sistani & a few others. he says to go on the internet and ask them if khums is obligatory in our shia madhab, he argues that they say it is not. 

however, lets see what sayed sistani actually says:

http://www.sistani.org/english/book/48/2285/

1760. Khums is obligatory on the following seven things: Profit or gain from earning. Minerals. Treasure trove. Amalgamation of Halal wealth with Haraam. Gems obtained from the sea diving. Spoils of war. As commonly held, a land which a zimmi (a non-Muslim living under the protection of Islamic Government) purchases from a Muslim.

so we have one of two situations here:

- either dhakku is lying, in which case he clearly is not worthy of emulation (a marja)

- or dhakku does not know the rules of khums or what real maraji say about khums, in which case he clearly is not worthy of emulation (a marja)

but the fault is obviously with mallangs. dhakku is 100% innocent of all accusations its just mallangs maligning him because he is against bidah. no doubt tawheed313/uponthesunnah/quran&ahlulbayt/intellectual resistance just forgot to mention these points. 

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

I have always argued for resident maraaji, just as in the past, who know and understand the local/national situation and can be reached by the laypeople easily. It is a pity he is the only one who claimed that station but wasn't universally accepted. 

I agree with you fully on this - the system needs to improve. if only someone actually qualified occupied this position, i feel our people would have benefited tremendously