Dhulfikar

Satan touches every son of Adam hadith

Rate this topic

كُلُّ بَنِي آدَمَ يَمَسُّهُ الشَّيْطَانُ يَوْمَ وَلَدَتْهُ أُمُّهُ إِلَّا مَرْيَمَ وَابْنَهَا

Satan touches every son of Adam on the day his mother gives birth to him, except for Mary and her son.

Source: Sahih Muslim 2366, Grade: Sahih

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith, Hadith 4.506, narrated by Abu Huraira:

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ قَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ كُلُّ بَنِي آدَمَ يَطْعُنُ الشَّيْطَانُ فِي جَنْبَيْهِ بِإِصْبَعِهِ حِينَ يُولَدُ، غَيْرَ عِيسَى بْنِ مَرْيَمَ، ذَهَبَ يَطْعُنُ فَطَعَنَ فِي الْحِجَابِ ‏"‏‏.‏

The Prophet said, "When any human being is born, Satan touches him at both sides of the body with his two fingers, except Jesus, the son of Mary, whom Satan tried to touch but failed, for he touched the placenta-cover instead."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith, Hadith 4.641 Narrated by Said bin Al Musaiyab:

قَالَ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ سَمِعْتُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم يَقُولُ ‏"‏ مَا مِنْ بَنِي آدَمَ مَوْلُودٌ إِلاَّ يَمَسُّهُ الشَّيْطَانُ حِينَ يُولَدُ، فَيَسْتَهِلُّ صَارِخًا مِنْ مَسِّ الشَّيْطَانِ، غَيْرَ مَرْيَمَ وَابْنِهَا ‏"‏‏

Abu Huraira said, "I heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'There is none born among the off-spring of Adam, but Satan touches it. A child therefore, cries loudly at the time of birth because of the touch of Satan, except Mary and her child."

Salaam Aleikum,

What is the reason for this hadith? What does it mean by Shaitan to touch every human being? Impurity?

It would be interesting to see if we had similar narrations.

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:21 PM, Dhulfikar said:

Salaam Aleikum,

What is the reason for this hadith? What does it mean by Shaitan to touch every human being? Impurity?

Dear God. Abu Hurairah again, I take a grain of salt from Abu Hurairah narrations. They are all Ahad and unsupported by other narrators and unsupported by the Qur'an. To demonstrate the gullibility some western scholar stood up in front of a Muslims crowd and said - "Under the authority of Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet (s.a.w.s) said - Those who touch the tip of the nose with the tongue will not enter hell" He then watched perplexed Muslims trying to touch the nose with the tongue.

On 01/09/2017 at 6:24 PM, SunniBrother said:

Dear God. Abu Hurairah again, I take a grain of salt from Abu Hurairah narrations. They are all Ahad and unsupported by other narrators and unsupported by the Qur'an. To demonstrate the gullibility some western scholar stood up in front of a Muslims crowd and said - "Under the authority of Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet (s.a.w.s) said - Those who touch the tip of the nose with the tongue will not enter hell" He then watched perplexed Muslims trying to touch the nose with the tongue.

Very interesting, you are a Sunni and yet you reject Abu Huraira. Thats a big thing you know 

On 01/09/2017 at 6:24 PM, SunniBrother said:

Very interesting, you are a Sunni and yet you reject Abu Huraira. Thats a big thing you know 

10 hours ago, MohammadAli1993 said:

I don't reject all narrations. I am just skeptical. This hadith about shaytan touching babies goes against the quranic teaching that people are born without sins.

There is actually a lot of narrations from Omar that he used to beat badly Abu Hurairah and lady Aisha also accused Abu Hurairah of talking lies and claiming the Prophet (s.a.w.s) as his authority and Ali also accused Abu Hurairah. Even some honest sunni scholars of hadiths raised questions about certain Abu Hurairah narrations.

Now I can turn blind to all those facts and accept Bukhari silly standards in grading Abu Hurairah trustworthy.