Ali

#1 Imam Ali (as) [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Imam Ali (as)

1. When few blessings come in your way do not drive them away through thanklessness. 
2. The wise aims at perfection, the foolish aim at wealth. 
3. People, often hate those thing which they do not know or cannot understand. 
4. Ask your heart about Friendship, for surely it is a witness that cannot be bribed. 
5. One who does not realize his own value is condemned to utter failure. 
6. Value of a man depends upon his courage; his veracity depends upon his self-respect and his chastity depends upon his sense of honor. 
7. Success is the result of foresight and resolution, foresight depends upon deep thinking and planning and the most important factor of planning is to keep your secrets to yourself. 
8. Be afraid of a gentleman when he is hungry, and of a mean person when his stomach is full. 
9. Hearts of people are like wild beasts. They attach themselves to those who love and train them. 
10. So long as fortune is favoring you, your defects will remain covered. 
11. Only he who has the power to punish can pardon.
12. There is no greater wealth than wisdom, no greater poverty than ignorance; no greater heritage than culture and no greater support than consultation. 
13. Patience is of two kinds: patience over what pains you, and patience against what you covet. 
14. Wealth converts a strange land into homeland and poverty turns a native place into a strange land. 
15. Contentment is the capital which will never diminish. 
16. Wealth is the fountain head of passions. 
17. Whoever warns you against sins and vices is like the one who gives you good tidings.

Gibbon says :

"Imam Ali had the qualifications of a poet, a soldier, and a saint. His wisdom still breathes in a collection of moral and religious sayings ; and every antagonist in the combats of the tongue or of the sword was subdued by his eloquence and valour. From the first hour of his mission to the last rites of his funeral, the apostle was never foresaken by a generous friend who he delighted to name his brother, his vicegerant, and the faithful Aaron of a second Moses. 

The brilliant mind of Imam Ali(as):

One Day a Jewish person came to Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb (as), thinking that since Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb thinks he is too smart, I will ask him such a tough question that he won't be able to answer it and I will have the chance to embarrass him in front of all the Arabs.

Jewish person asked "Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb, tell me a number, that if we divide it by any number from 1-10 the answer will always come in the form of a whole number and not as a fraction."

Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb (as) looked back at him and said, "Take the number of days in a year and multiply it with the number of days in a week and you will have your answer."

The Jewish person got astonished but as he was a polytheist (Mushrik), he still didn't believe Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb (as). He calculated the answer Imam Ali ibn Abi Taleb (as) gave him.

To his amazement he came across the following results:

Whole Number and Not A FractionThe number of Days in a Year = 360 (in Arab)

The Number of Days in a Week = 7

The product of the two numbers = 2520

Now...

2520 ÷ 1 = 2520
2520 ÷ 2 = 1260
2520 ÷ 3 = 840
2520 ÷ 4 = 630
2520 ÷ 5 = 504
2520 ÷ 6 = 420
2520 ÷ 7 = 360
2520 ÷ 8 = 315
2520 ÷ 9 = 280
2520 ÷ 10= 252

Exactly, and do you know one thing about it ? 

This is actually a branch of mathematics called as sequence and series. Though people consider Gauss, a European mathematician to be its founder. In reality, it was Imam Ali a.s who introduced it. 

Other examples on Sequence and series were 17 Camels division among three brothers and share of people in the revenue of Bread that three people ate.

The mathematical formula in series form will be:  (2520 / x) = N, where X = integers from 1 to 10 and N =  result in whole number. 

9 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Exactly, and do you know one thing about it ? 

This is actually a branch of mathematics called as sequence and series. Though people consider Gauss, a European mathematician to be its founder. In reality, it was Imam Ali a.s who introduced it. 

Other examples on Sequence and series were 17 Camels division among three brothers and share of people in the revenue of Bread that three people ate.

The mathematical formula in series form will be:  (2520 / x) = N, where X = integers from 1 to 10 and N =  result in whole number. 

It is absolutely amazing. The 12 Imams introduced Mathematics, Sciences to civilization. Alhamdullilah. 

Similar story.

2 men sat down to eat. Alpha had 5 pieces of bread and Beta had 3 pieces of bread. Gamma came by and they invited him to eat with them. Alpha and Beta combined the 8 pieces of bread and split each one into 3 pieces. So each person ate 8 smaller pieces of bread.

When they were done, Gamma gave them 8 dinar and left. Alpha wanted to split the money as 5 for him and 3 for Beta. Beta wanted 4 each. So they came to Imam Ali (as).

Imam Ali (as) asked if they wanted to be dealt with fairly or justly. They chose justly.

Imam Ali (as) informed them that fair would have been 5 and 3 to Alpha and Beta respectively. Justice would be 7 dinar to Alpha and 1 to Beta.

Was justice served?

Yes, undoubtedly, the justice was adhered. Because Imam Ali a.s know the secret knowledge which Allah and His Prophet PBUHHP taught him.

People asked about rational decision and Imam Ali a.s told them the logical reasoning which is mostly employed today and is called as "Statistics". Today, if you see the world, it is mostly dependent upon statistics. So, Imam's such decision was not only to teach the judges the logical way of thinking while distributing shares but also the knowledge which benefit them in the future such as statistics.

The Battle of Khyber

The Jews of Madina ever since their treachery during the battle of Khandaq, were always on the lookout for some mischief to hurt Islam. This mischief mongering increased so much so that they were banished from the city to live outside Madina. They had extensive lands and had built strong fortresses where most of the Jewish community lived.

The fort of Khyber was a strong fort built of stone with an iron gate. It was the strong hold of the Jews who invaded Muslim lands and villages around the area. They killed Muslims and looted their property. Warnings were given to the Jews of Khyber to stop their mischievous deeds but they did not bother even to acknowledge their misdeeds.

The Holy Prophet proceeded to stop this problem for the Muslims. Muslim forces encamped outside this fort. It was in the month of Muharram in the 7th year of Hijra. On the First day Abubakr led the Muslim forces to fight the Jews.

The Jews came out of the fort. A furious battle was fought; Muslims could not break the Jews onslaught and retreated back to their camp. The Next day Omar Ibne Khattab took the flag and tried to defeat the Jewish forces without success.

That night the Prophet announced,” Tomorrow I will give the flag of Islam to a man who is brave and does not run away from the battlefield, he loves Allah and the Prophet of Allah and Allah and His Prophet love him.”

The Next day, after morning prayers the Prophet called for ‘Ali (as) and gave the Flag in his hands. ‘Ali (as) holding the flag in his hand went towards the fort. Noticing that only one man was coming towards the fort the Jews did not come out in the open field. Reaching the gates of the fort ‘Ali fixed the pole on a hard stone slab. Noticing the fixing of the flag on a hard stone, a Jew who was a learned scholar, asked from the top of the wall, " who are you? ”

‘Ali replied, “I am ‘Ali son of Abu Talib.” Hearing the name the learned scholar turned towards his people and told them, “I have read in the sacred both at a man of this name will defeat you." In accordance with the convention of the Arabs, ‘Ali announced his challenge and demanded the bravest of them to come out and fight him in single combat. Merhub, one of the brave and skilled warriors came out and was killed by ‘Ali (as) in one blow.

His brother Anter came out and he was also killed in a single blow of ‘Ali’s sword Zulfiqar. Once these brothers were killed ‘Ali went towards the iron gates and brought them down. Once the gates were open Muslims entered the fort and soon the Jews were defeated.

This was a great victory for Muslims, for the Jews were a mischievous lot and had been giving a lot of trouble to Muslims of Madina and those living around. Most of the Jewish land came into the Muslims hands. It was at this time that a Palm orchard called Fadak also came into the Muslim hands. The Prophet of Islam took this orchard for himself and later gave it to his daughter Fatimah.

The battle of Khyber was a turning point in the defeat of the Jews of the Province of Hejaz and victory for Islam.

https://www.al-islam.org/story-of-the-holy-kaaba-and-its-people-shabbar/muhammad-messenger-Allah#battle-khyber

Imam Ali (as) said: "The best of deeds is that in which you have to urge yourself to perform it."  -Qassar al-Jamal Vol 2, p 74

He (as) also said: "A good deed becomes more valuable if it is done immediately; the doer regards it as something small (and as such he does not become proud of it), and does it quietly without expecting anything in return."  -Qassar al-Jamal Vol 2, p 30.

Courtesy of Brother @Hassan-

Imam Ali (as) said:

"Those who treat prayer lightly are like women who abort their fetuses; they can neither be called pregnant nor having children."

-Bihar al-anwar vol 84 p284

Imam ‘Ali (as) First in many Fields

1. He was the only man to be born in the Kabah (The house of God)

2. He was the first to offer homage to the Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF)

3. He was the first to offer prayers after the Holy Prophet (PBUH&HF)

etc.

https://www.al-islam.org/articles/life-commander-faithful-ali-ibn-abu-talib

There is no chapter in the charter of the U.N. which is not running parallel to the rules laid down by Ali. In fact better and more useful things are found in the instructions given by him.

In my opinion the difference between the two sets of rules is due to the following four reasons:

Firstly the charter of the United Nations was drafted by thousands of intellectuals belonging to almost all the countries of the world whereas the Alavi rules were enunciated by only one person viz. Ali son of Abu Talib.

Secondly Ali arrived in this world fourteen hundred years ago.

Thirdly those who drafted the U.N. charter or in fact collected the requisite material for it indulged in too much extravagant talk and self-praise and boasted that world was indebted to them on this account. On the contrary Ali showed humility before God and was modest before the people. He did not seek greatness or superiority. He always prayed to God and also wished the people that his acts of commissions and omissions might be overlooked.

The fourth reason for the difference which is more important than the three enumerated above is that many nations, out of those which participated in the U.N. Declaration of Human Rights and endorsed it, violated this declaration and started armed conflicts to nullify and destroy it, but wherever Ali placed his foot, and whenever he said anything, or unsheathed his sword, he did so to destroy tyranny and oppression and leveled the ground to march forward on the path of truth and justice. So much so that he met his martyrdom in defence of human rights, although during his lifetime he had already been martyred thousands of times.

https://www.al-islam.org/voice-human-justice-sautul-adalatil-insaniyah-george-jordac/un-charter-human-rights

The present book is an English translation of Sautu'l `Adalati'l Insaniyah, the biography of the Imam Ali, written in Arabic by George Jordac, a renowned Christian author of Lebanon.

What has been recorded in this book from words and sayings of the Commander of the Faithful, Ali (A.S) is, without doubt, at the peak and pinnacle of eloquence after the words of Allah, the Exalted, and those of His Prophet (S). That is because the book offers innate (fitri) methods of thinking and reflection on the universe and the realities in it. As well, the book provides an exposition of the tenets of Islam, its teachings, guidelines and traditions which human life is based upon. Also, the ways to self-purification and development of the soul, the purposes of Shari'ah which provide the basis of religious laws have been put forward. Similarly, the etiquettes of statesmanship, its conditions and necessary qualifications, the method of praising and glorifying Allah, invocation and supplication etc. have been explained. 

This precious book, on the other hand, is a true mirror showcasing the history of Islam and the events that took place following the demise of the Holy Prophet (S) especially the period of the caliphate of Imam Ali (A.S) encompassing an important part of his normative conduct, moral virtues, knowledge and jurisprudence. 
It is befitting for all Muslims to benefit from this book in their religious matters, to learn from it and use it for self-purification. I recommend all – especially the youth – to give special importance to studying this book, reflecting on it and memorizing a part of it. What is expected of those who claim to love the Imam and who wish to have lived in his time so that they could hear his advice and benefit from his guidance and walk in his path, is to fulfill their wish by benefiting from the contents of this book. 

http://www.sistani.org/english/qa/02414/

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-1-sermons

https://www.al-islam.org/nahjul-balagha-part-2-letters-and-sayings

Forty-Seven Content Translated Diamond From Prophet (s) About Imam Ali (s)

1) The Prophet (s) said, “The title of the believer's book is love for Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Manaqib of Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 243; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khatib Al-Baghdadi, 4/410; Al-Jami^ of Al-Sayuti, 2/145; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda.

قال النبي (ص) : عنوان صحيفة المؤمن : حب عليّ
المناقب لابن المغازلي 243 - تاريخ بغداد للخطيب البغدادي 4/410 - الجامع للسيوط 2/145 - ينابيع المودة.

2) The Prophet (s) said, “There is no sword but Dhul-Fiqar, and there is no man but Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 2/385; Sunan Al-Bayhaqi, 3/376; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 197; Al-Tabari, 2/514; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/190.

قال النبي (ص) : لا سيف إلاّ ذو الفقار ولا فتى إلاّعليّ 
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 2/385 - سنن البيهقي 3/376 - ابن المغازلي 197 -الطبري 2/514 الرياض النضرة 2/190.

3) The Prophet (s) said, “The carrier of my flag in this life and the Hereafter is Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Kenz Al-Omal, 6/122; Al-Tabari, 2/201; Al-Khawarizmi, 250; Al-Fadha’il of Ahmad, 253; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 42/200.

قال النبي (ص) : حامل لوائي في الدنيا والآخرة: عليّ 
كنز العمال6/122 - الطبري 2/201 - الخوارزمي 250 - الفضائل لاحمد 253 - ابن المغازلي 42/200.

4) The Prophet (s) said, “My Lord commanded me to close all the doors except the door of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’i, 13; Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/125; Al-Tirmidhi, 13/173; Al-Bayhaqi, 7/65; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 282; Musnad Ahmad, 4/369; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 245; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 126.

قال النبي (ص) : أمَرني ربي بسد الأبواب إلاّ باب عليّ 
الخصائص للنسائي 13 - مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/125 - الترمذي 13/173 - البيهقي 7/65 - ينابيع المودة 282 - مسند أحمد 4/369 - ابن المغازلي 245 - ينابيع المودة 126.

5) The Prophet (s) said, “The truest believers are three: the believer during the time of Al Ya-Sin, the believer during the time of Pharaoh, and the best of all, Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Manaqib of Ahmad, 194, 239; Kenz Al-Omal, 5/31; Al-Jami^ of Al-Suyuti, 2/83; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 245; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 126.

قال النبي (ص) : الصديقون ثلاثة : مؤمن آل ياسين ، ومؤمن فرعون ، وأفضلهم : عليّ
المناقب لاحمد 194 ، 239 - كنز العمال 5/31 - الجامع للسيوطي 2/83 - ابن المغازلي 245 - ينابيع المودة 126.

6) The Prophet (s) said, “The one who wants to live my life and die my death will attach himself to Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Musnad of Ahmad, 5/94; Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/128; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/217; Al-Tabarani.

قال النبي (ص) : مَن سرّه أن يحيا حياتي ، ويموت مماتي ، فليتول من بعدي عليّا
مسند أحمد 5/94 - مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/128 - كنز العمال 6/217 - الطبراني.

7) The Prophet (s) said, “The caller will call out on the Day of Judgment, ‘O Muhammad, blessed be your father, and Ibrahim, and blessed be your brother, Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Fadha’il of Ahmad, 253; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 67; Al-Khawarizmi, 83; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/201.

قال النبي (ص) :نادى المنادي يوم القيامة : يا محمد نعمالأب أبوك ، وإبراهيم ، ونعم الأخ عليّ
الفضائل لاحمد 253 - ابن المغازلي 67 - الخوارزمي 83 - الرياض النضرة 2/201.

8) The Prophet (s) said, “Every prophet has an executor and inheritor, and my executor and inheritor is Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Kenz Al-Omal, 6/158; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 11/173; Shawahid Al-Tanzil, 2/223; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 94.

قال النبي (ص) : لكلّ نبي وصي ووارث, ووصيّي ووارثي : عليّ
كنزل العمال 6/158 - تاريخ بغداد للخطيب البغدادي 11/173 - شواهد التنزيل 2/223 - ينابيع المودة 94.

9) The Prophet (s) said, “Dear God, don’t take my life until you have shown me the face of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/201; Al-Fadha’il of Ahmad, 253; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 67; Akhtab Khawarizm, 83.

قال النبي (ص) : الّلهم لا تمتني حتى تريني وجه عليّ 
الرياض النضرة 2/201 - الفضائل لاحمد 253 - ابن المغازلي 67 - اخطب خوارزم 83.

10) The Prophet (s) said, “We were created from the same tree, I and Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Tirmidhi, 13/178; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 122; Asad Al-Ghaba, 4/26; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/216.

قال النبي (ص) : خلقت من شجرة واحدة أنا وعليّ 
الترمذي 13/178 - ابن المغازلي 122 - اسد الغابة 4/26 - الرياض النضرة 2/216.

11) The Prophet (s) said, “The most knowledgeable person in my nation after me is Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Manaqib Al-Imam Ali Ibn Abi TAlib Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã of Ibn Al-Maghazeli Al-Shafi^i.

قال النبي (ص) : أعلم أمتي من بَعدي: عليّ
مناقب الامام علي بن ابي طالب (ع) لابن المغزلي الشافعي.

12) The Prophet (s) said, “Embellish your gatherings by mentioning Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/109; Musnad Ahmad, 4/368, 5/419; Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’I, 9; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 16; Al-Manaqib of Akhtab Khawarizm, 94; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 8/290; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda.

قال النبي (ص) : زينوا مجالسكم بذكرعليّ
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/109 - مسند احمد 4/368 ، 5/419 - الخصائص للنسائي9 ، 24 - ابن المغازلي 16 - المناقب لاخطب خوارزم 94 - تاريخ بغداد للخطيب البغدادي 8/290 - ينابيع المودة.

13) The Prophet (s) said, “The most judicious person in my nation is Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 70; Arjah Al-MatAlib, 544.

قال النبي (ص) : أقضى أمتي عليّ
ابن المغازلي 70 - ارجح المطالب 544

14) The Prophet (s) said, “I am the warner, and the guide after me is Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Musnad Ahmad, 1/151; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/135; Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’I, 20; Kenz Al-Omal, 1/247; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 222.

قال النبي (ص) : أنا المنذر والهادي من بعدي: عليّ 
مسند احمد 1/151 ، 3/213 - الترمذي 2/135 ، الخصائص للنسائي 20 - كنز العمال 1/247 - ابن المغازلي 222.

15) The Prophet (s) said, “Exemption from the Hellfire comes with love for Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 2/241; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 6/851; Akhtab Khawarizm, 86; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 90.

قال النبي (ص) : براءة من النار حبّ عليّ 
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 2/241 - تاريخ بغداد للخطيب البغدادي 6/85 - اخطب خوارزم 86 - ابن المغازلي 90.

16) The Prophet (s) said, “Of whomever I was master, Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is his master.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/129; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/157; Al-Dilmi.

قال النبي (ص) : من كنت مولاه فمولاه عليّ
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/129 - كنز العمال 6/157 - الديلمي.

17) The Prophet (s) said, “There would not be one sufficient for Fatima if God had not created Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” HAliyat Al-Awliya’, 1/34; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/177; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 242; Al-Khawarizmi, 42; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 112.

قال النبي (ص) : لم يكن لفاطمة كفؤ,لو لم يخلق الله عليّا 
حلية الاولياء 1/34 - الرياض النضرة 2/177 - ابن المغازلي 242 - الخوارزمي 42 - ينابيع المودة 112.

18) The Prophet (s) said, “For the one who believes and trusts in me, I recommend the wilayat of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Jami^ of Al-Suyuti, 1/230; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/168; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 1/316; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 49; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 266.

قال النبي (ص) : أوصي من آمن بي وصدقني بولايةعليّ 
الجامع للسيوطي 1/230 - الرياض النضرة 2/168 - تاريخ بغداد للخطيب البغدادي 1/316 - ابن المغازلي 49 - ينابيع المودة 266.

19) The Prophet (s) said, “The first of you to reach the Pond is the first of you who accepted Islam: Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Kenz Al-Omal, 6/154; Al-Tabarani, 5/32; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 1/165; Dhaka’ir Al-^Aqi, 65; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 230.

قال النبي (ص) : أولكم وروداً على الحوض أوّلكم إسلاما ، وهو : عليّ
كنز العمال 6/154 - الطبراني 5/32 - الرياض النضرة 1/165 - ذخائر العقي 65 - ابن المغازلي 230.

20) The Prophet (s) said, “No one is permitted on the Bridge except by the wilayat of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 15; Al-Isti^ab, 2/457.

قال النبي (ص) : لا يجوز على الصراط أحد إلا ببراءة في ولاية عليّ
ابن المغازلي 15 - الاستيعاب 2/457.

21) The Prophet (s) said, “No one can give account of me but Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 119, 242; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/177; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 112, 419; Al-Khawarizmi, 253.

قال النبي (ص) : لا يُـبلّـغ عَـني إلاّعليّ
ابن المغازلي 119 ، 242 - الرياض النضرة 2/177- ينابيع المودة 112 ، 419 - الخوارزمي 253.

22) The Prophet (s) said, “The most miserable person from the beginning of the world to the end is the murderer of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/141; Musnad Ahmad, 4/263; Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’i 39; Al-Tabari, 2/408; Kenz Al-Omal, 5/58.

قال النبي (ص) : أشقى الأولين والآخرين قاتل عليّ
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/141 - مسند أحمد 4/263 - الخصائص للنسائي 39 - الطبري 2/408 - كنز العمال 5/58.

23) The Prophet (s) said, “There is a tree in Paradise called Tuba. Its roots are in the house of Ali, and its branch is Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/109; Musnad Ahmad, 4/370; Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’i, 25; Al-Tirmidhi; Al-Tabarani.

قال النبي (ص) : طوبى شجرة في الجنة, أصلها في دار علي , وفرعهاعليّ
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/109 - مسند احمد 4/370 - الخصائص للنسائي 25 - الترمذي - الطبراني.

24) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the distinguisher between truth and falsehood.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/132; Musnad Ahmad, 1/331; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 92.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) الفاروق بين الحق والباطل.
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/132 - مسند احمد 1/331 - ينابيع المودة 92.

25) The Prophet (s) said, “The most righteous one is Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.” Al-Bayhaqi, 4/35; Kenz Al-Omal, 7/176; Al-Jami^ of Al-Suyuti, 2/276; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 93.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) الصدّيق الأكبر
البيهقي 4/53 - كنز العمال 7/176 - الجامع للسيوطي 2/276 - ابن المغازلي 93.

26) The Prophet (s) said, “The hand of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã and my hand are equal in justice.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/14; Al-Tabari, 2/272; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) كفه وكفي في العدل سواء
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/14 - الطبري 2/272 - الترمذي 2/299 - ابن المغازلي 37 - بنابيع المودة 57.

The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is my brother in this life and the Hereafter.” Al-Khasa’is of Al-Nisa’i, 5; Al-Tirmidhi; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 61; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 37; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 57.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) أخي في الدنيا والآخرة
الخصائص للنسائي 5 - الترمذي - ينابيع المودة 61 - ابن المغازلي.

28) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the best of humanity, and the one who denies it has blasphemed.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 129; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 233; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 5/37; Al-Khawarizmi, 235.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) خير البشر , فمن أبى فقد كفر
ابن المغازلي 129 - ينابيع المودة 233 - تاريخ بغداد للخطيب البغدادي 5/37 - الخوارزمي 235.

29) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the door of servitude, and whoever passes through that door is a true believer.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/156; Al-Dilmi.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) باب حطة , من دخله كان مؤمنا
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/122 - كنز العمال 6/156 - الديلمي

30) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the Imam of goodness, the fighter against iniquity, the helper of those who come to his aid, and the deserter of those who desert him.” Kenz Al-Omal, 6/153; Al-Darqatani.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) امام البررة , وقاتل الفجرة ,منصور من نصره ، مخذول من خذله
كنز العمال 6/153 - الدارقطني

31) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the Imam of the pious, the prince of believers, and the leader of the resplendent.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/129; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/153.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) إمام المتقين , وأمير المؤمنين ، وقائد الغرّ المحجّلين
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/129 - كنز العمال 6/153

32) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is to me what Haroun was to Musa.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/137; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 65, 104; Al-Tabarani; HAliyat Al-Awliya’, 1/63; Akhtab Khawarizm, 229.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) مني بمنزلة هارون من موسى
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/137 - ابن المغازلي65 ، 104 - الطبراني - حلية الاولياء 1/63 - اخطب خوارزم 229

33) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã holds a right over this nation like the right of a father over his son.” Muslim, 2/361; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Hakim, 3/130; Musnad Ahmad, 3/198; Al-Nisa’i, 7; Asad Al-Ghaba, 3/40.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) حقه على الأمة , كحقّ الوالد على ولده
مسلم 2/361 - الترمذي 2/299 - الحاكم 3/130 - مسند احمد 3/198 - النسائي 7 - اسد الغابة 3/40

34) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is with the Qur’an, and the Qur’an is with Ali.” Al-Bukhari, 5/19; Muslim, 2/360; Al-Tirmidhi, 5/304; Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/109; Ibn Majah, 1/28; Musnad Ahmad, 3/328.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) مع القرآن , والقرآن مع علي
البخاري 5/19 - مسلم 2/360 - الترمذي 5/304 - مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/109 - ابن ماجة 1/28 - مسند أحمد 3/328

35) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã and his shi^a are the successful ones.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 47; Mizan Al-^Itidal, 2/313.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) وشيعته هم الفائزون
ابن المغزلي 47 - ميزان الاعتدال 2/313

36) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the door of my knowledge, and the one who will clarifies for my nation that which I was sent with.” Tafsir Al-Tabari, 3/171; Shawahid Al-Tanzil, 2/356; Al-Darr Al-Manthour, 6/379; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 61.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) باب علمي , ومبين لأمتي,ما ارسلت به 
الطبري (تفسير) 3/171 - شواهد التنزيل 2/356 - الدر المنثور 6/379 - ينابيع المودة 61

37) The Prophet (s) said, “Love for Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is faith, and hatred for Ali is hypocrisy.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 67; Al-Khawarizmi, 236; Fara’id Al-Samateen; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) حبه إيمان , وبغضه نفاق
ابن المغازلي 67 - الخوارزمي 236 - فرائد السمطين - ينابيع المودة

38) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the partition between Heaven and Hell.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/127; Kenz Al-Omal, 5/30; Al-Jami^ of Al-Suyuti, 1/374; Al-Tirmidhi; Ibn Maghazeli, 80.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) قسيم الجنة والنار
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/127 - كنز العمال 5/30 - الجامع للسيوطي 1/374 - الترمذي - ابن المغازلي 80

39) The Prophet (s) said, “The position of Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã amongst the people is like Surat Qul Hu Allahu Ahad in the Qur’an.” Muslim, 1/48; Al-Tirmidhi, 2/299; Al-Nisa’i, 27; Musnad Ahmad, 6/299; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 191.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) مثله في الناس , كمثل قل هو الله احد في القرآن
مسلم 1/48 - الترمذي 2/299 - النسائي 8/117 - الخصائص للنسائي 27 - مسند احمد 6/299 - ابن المغازلي 191

40) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the beloved between two friends, myself and Ibrahim.” Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 88; Fara’id Al-Samateen; Bea^ Al-Abrar; Moniq Ibn Ahmad Al-Khawarizmi.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) حبيب بين خليلين ، بيني وبين ابراهيم
ينابيع المودة 88 - فرائد السمطين - بيع الابرار - مونق بن احمد الخوارزمي

41) The Prophet (s) said, “Whoever splits with Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã has split with me, and whoever splits with me has split with God.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 45; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 181.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) من فارقه فقد فارقني ، ومن فارقني فقد فارق الله
ابن المغازلي 45 - ينابيع المودة 181

42) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is from me and I am from him, and he is the protector of every true believer after me.” Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 69; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 125.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) مني وانا منه ، وهو ولي كل مؤمن بعدي
ابن المغازلي 69 - ينابيع المودة 125

43) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is the most beloved of God and His Prophet in all of creation.” Kenz Al-Omal, 5/33; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/211; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 219.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) احب خلق الله الى الله ورسوله
كنز العمال 5/33 - الرياض النضرة 2/211 - ابن المغازلي 219 

44) The Prophet (s) said, “Mentioning Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is a form of worship, and looking upon him is a form of worship.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/123; Kenz Al-Omal, 6/156; Al-Tabarani; Ibn Al-Maghazeli, 240, 278; Al-Khawarizmi, 62.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) ذكره عبادة , والنظر الى وجهه عبادة
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/123 - كنز العمال 6/156 - الطبراني - ابن المغازلي 240 ، 278 - الخوارزمي 62

45) The Prophet (s) said, “Love for Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã is a good deed, so don’t ruin it with bad deeds.” Al-Tabarani; Yanabi^ Al-Mawda, 2/3.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) حبّه حسنة , لا تضر معها سيئة
الطبراني - ينابيع المودة 2/3

46) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã holds the position of the Ka^aba.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/122; Musnad Ahmad, 3/82; Al-Tabarani, 6/155; Kenz Al-Omal.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) بمنزلة الكعبة
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/122 - مسند أحمد 3/82 - الطبراني 6/155 - كنز العمال

47) The Prophet (s) said, “Ali Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã stands in relation to me as my head to my body.” Mustadrak Al-Sahihain of Al-Hakim Al-Nisabori, 3/141; Al-Jami^ of Al-Suyuti, 1/583; Tarikh Baghdad of Al-Khateeb Al-Baghdadi, 1/51; HAliyat Al-Awliya’, 1/182; Al-Riyadh Al-Nudhra, 2/219.

قال النبي (ص) : عليّ (ع) مني , مثل رأسي من بدني
مستدرك الصحيحين للحاكم النيسابوري 3/141 - الجامع للسيوطي 1/583 - تاريخ بغداد للخطيب البغدادي 1/51 - حلية الاولياء 1/182 - الرياض النضرة : 2/219

RasulAllah SA loved Imam Ali AS. After Ali AS was born in the Holy Kaaba, his mother Fatima Binte Assad (she was the wife of Hazrat Abu Talib) came outside holding Ali AS, and the first person to see him and feed him was Prophet Muhammad SA. Hadith that I remember says Ali AS did not open his eyes until he was with the Holy Prophet SA who immediately adopted Ali AS. Since Fatima Binte Assad lived with the Holy Prophet SA, then Ali AS immediately began living with RasoolAllah, too, and Ali AS went everywhere with the Prophet SA. Their love for each other is very well known and Prophet Muhammad SA married his daughter Fatima Zahra AS to Ali AS.

https://www.al-islam.org/story-of-the-holy-kaaba-and-its-people-shabbar/first-imam-ali-ibn-abu-talib