Rate this topic

Gospel of John chapter 16 verse 7:

"Nevertheless I tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not
come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you".

"Ahmed" or "Muhammad" meaning "the one who praises" or "the praised one" is almost the translation of the 
Greek word Periclytos. In the Gospel of John 14:16, 15:26, and 16:7. The word 'Comforter' is used in the English      translation for the Greek word Paracletos which means advocate or a kind friend rather than a comforter.   
Paracletos is the warped reading for Periclytos. Jesus (pbuh) actually prophesised Ahmed by name. Even the
Greek word Paraclete refers to the Prophet (pbuh) who is a mercy for all creatures.

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. They fail to realise 
that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the
Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet     
Muhammad (pbuh).

@Son of Placid. May I ask what type of Christian you are? Are you Jehovahs witness? A Catholic? Christianity has hundreds of denominations within it and they have different practices as well as different Bibles. The difference with Islam an our sects is that we all share the Quran with the same Verses and Surahs but we have different interpretations to the meanings of those verses so how can you know which sect of Christianity is the right way when you all have different Bibles? For example the King James Version of the Bible. King James narrates some pretty harsh verses concerning women given the fact that he himself despised women and his version is on of the most trusted, the most recognized. Most importantly, what authority did he have in the first place to narrate the Bible?

Edited by AfricanShia

33 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

@Son of Placid. May I ask what type of Christian you are? Are you Jehovahs witness? A Catholic? Christianity has hundreds of denominations within it and they have different practices as well as different Bibles. The difference with Islam an our sects is that we all share the Quran with the same Verses and Surahs but we have different interpretations to the meanings of those verses so how can you know which sect of Christianity is the right way when you all have different Bibles? For example the King James Version of the Bible. King James narrates some pretty harsh verses concerning women given the fact that he himself despised women and his version is on of the most trusted, the most recognized. Most importantly, what authority did he have in the first place to narrate the Bible?

There are also many translations of the Quran. Even in English they differ. Is this a problem?

7 minutes ago, andres said:

There are also many translations of the Quran. Even in English they differ. Is this a problem?

Yes it is because the Bible literally says different in what they say verses. In a literal sense the Bible has been changed. Quran says same thing in the verses, different translations may use slightly different words that still narrate the exact same thing whereas these actual different versions of the Bible have different narrations of the same story. Significant changes to verses, whereas the Quran has the same narrations. That is there King James version or International version, etc.  

51 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

The versions of the Bible do not differ significantly. Interpretations do. But that happens in Islam, too, I understand,

The KJV is not the " most  recognized". Lol. Catholics and Orthodox, the two largest Christian groups, do not use it and never did. Neither do most Protestants anymore because of the difficult Elizabethan English.

1 hour ago, zahra kazmi said:

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Sprit. 

It's clearly the Holy Spirit. Among the interpretations of " the Coming" is the event of Pentecost. 

1 hour ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

One sentence here and one sentence there creates a conspiracy theory, not a reliable basis. You are taught this stuff to keep you away from Christianity, not for debate with Christians who know their own scriptures. 

Simply put...What benefit could you possibly get from a Prophet born 1600 years after you're dead?

One sentence here and one sentence there creates a conspiracy theory, not a reliable basis. You are taught this stuff to keep you away from Christianity, not for debate with Christians who know their own scriptures. 

Simply put...What benefit could you possibly get from a Prophet born 1600 years after you're dead?

3 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

By believing in him and obeying Gods revelation. What benefit could you possibly get from a Prophet that died 2000 years before you walked this Earth? Ask yourself that if you are going to ask me this. 

5 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

I keep away from falsehood. How can Allah have a son when he hass no spouse?How can Isa be the son of Allah when he had to eat, drink and sleep and people could hurt him? Christians dont know their own scriptures. If they did they wouldnt be Christian in the first place Brother. 

25 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

It's clearly the Holy Spirit. Among the interpretations of " the Coming" is the event of Pentecost. 

I dont recall the Holy Spirit being called unlettered or being called Muhammadim in Hebrew. Also Isa having the Holy Spirit being put him was simply him being powered by Rūh [Angel Gabriel] so that he could reveal revelation in Youth and Adulthood. 

24 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

So you are telling me that you guys couldn't keep the real scripture for 6 centuries? There was no book in between but there were prophets between Hazrat Isa PBUH and Hazrat Muhammad PBUH. 

Q15: RELIGIOUS GUIDE BEFORE OUR HOLY PROPHET

Who was the Prophet in the world before Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w.)? If it were Nabi Isa (a.s.) then how many years after his being taken up by Allah came Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w.)? Was it that the world was without any prophet for a long period, and then came Hazrat Muhammad (s.a.w) I hope you will explain to me with full necessary details.

A. The world cannot remain without a religious guide appointed by Allah. That guide may be a prophet or a successor of the prophet (without himself being a prophet). Between Hazrat Isa (a.s.) and Hazrat Muhammad Mustafa (s.a.w.) there was a gap of about 6 centuries. During this period, there were 3 chains of religious guides:

a] The successors of Hazrat Isa (a.s.), last of whom was Hazrat Salman Farsi who became a follower of our Holy Prophet.

b] The Successors of Hazrat Ismail (a.s.), last of whom was Hazrat Abu Talib (a.s). He also became a follower of our Holy Prophet. These guides in these two chains were not prophets themselves.

c] Also, there came a few prophets in various places, and name of one or two of them is mentioned in the traditions.

[sayyed Saeed Akhtar Rizvi in Your Questions Answered vol #3]

Shamoon Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã was the successor of Prophet Isa Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã and maybe he was a Prophet too.

58 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Spirit. They fail to realise that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet  Muhammad (pbuh).

42 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

You are taught this stuff to keep you away from Christianity, not for debate with Christians who know their own scriptures. 

So please tell me you have about 40 authors of bible some of them even unknown so how could you claim that every single word in bible is the word of God? Those unknow people could have wrote some shady things. 

2 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Yes it is because the Bible literally says different in what they say verses. In a literal sense the Bible has been changed. Quran says same thing in the verses, different translations may use slightly different words that still narrate the exact same thing whereas these actual different versions of the Bible have different narrations of the same story. Significant changes to verses, whereas the Quran has the same narrations. That is there King James version or International version, etc.  

I find the English translations to be different. There are very often text added in brackets, probably explanations to a text that is difficult to understand. These explanations do vary. A possible explanation is that the original text is understood differently by the translators. Could this be a perfect book from God to man? Of course not. Just like the Bible,  the Quran is human made. Would God intentionally have made books that have caused so much conflict between its followers? I do not believe so. 

10 minutes ago, andres said:

I find the English translations to be different. There are very often text added in brackets, probably explanations to a text that is difficult to understand. These explanations do vary. A possible explanation is that the original text is understood differently by the translators. Could this be a perfect book from God to man? Of course not. Just like the Bible,  the Quran is human made. Would God intentionally have made books that have caused so much conflict between its followers? I do not believe so. 

The sayings in brackets in Quran are interpretations. The brackets allow you to diffrentiate between the actual saying of the verse and the interpretation. If the Quran is human made then go find someone who can make one like it. Ah but as you can see, the Quran has complex verses that has a complex history behind that no man can fathom. Man without influence of Allah had only the capacity of creating Idols to worship and have never had the capability of believing in a higher existence by themselves if you were to observe the history of Arabia in the Age Of Ignorance as Arabs that time were worshipping idols and didnt create Holy Books of a higher existence instead possessed only the capability of creating a statue with their hands and bowing to it. Allah did not create conflict, man did. Allah showed man the truth yet man allowed themselves to fall into the temptations of the Shaytan. As a good saying of mine which is : It is easier to believe in falsehood then the Truth. Allah brought Truth but man wants to follow their desires. If I were to go up to an athiest and show him proofs he would turn away because he craved into his desires more than to seek Allah. That atheist can abuse his free will all he wants because their is nothing holding him back from doing whatever he wants. The Bible has been corrupted and Allah sent a book that has never been changed in history and it is protected by Allah. The Kafirun, the disbelievers create false worship that brought conflict, not Allah. 

So please tell me you have about 40 authors of bible some of them even unknown so how could you claim that every single word in bible is the word of God? Those unknow people could have wrote some shady things. 

God did not write the Bible. He did not write the Quran either. According to Muslim belief, God sent an Angel tthat on msny occasions during many years told Muhammed messages from God. Muhammed could not read or write himself, but some of his followers, people that believed the revelations were from God, wrote them down on whatever material available. After Muhammeds death, all these peaces were collected randomly in a Book called the Quran. This does not make the Quran easier to read. What are the chanses these pieces are identical with the words the Angel spoke? Or that nothing is missing? I say 0%.

6 minutes ago, andres said:

God did not write the Bible. He did not write the Quran either. According to Muslim belief, God sent an Angel tthat on msny occasions during many years told Muhammed messages from God. Muhammed could not read or write himself, but some of his followers, people that believed the revelations were from God, wrote them down on whatever material available. After Muhammeds death, all these peaces were collected randomly in a Book called the Quran. This does not make the Quran easier to read. What are the chanses these pieces are identical with the words the Angel spoke? Or that nothing is missing? I say 0%.

Okay now this is not even a logical argument anymore Brother. Arent you a Christian? Muhammad was able to read and write it is just that he didnt recieve any education. That is why he is called unlettered. 

Edited by AfricanShia

6 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

By believing in him and obeying Gods revelation. What benefit could you possibly get from a Prophet that died 2000 years before you walked this Earth? Ask yourself that if you are going to ask me this. 

I wasn't asking you but...think about what you just wrote.

You can obviously benefit from a Prophet of old, how do you benefit from a prophet that won't exist for another millennia? It's quite simple. With no foresight into what he might say...

We went over Isaiah and my post was just a space between "answers". If that's the case, why continue? I showed you guys with context that the unlearned guy was just some guy. If you want to insist he's Muhammad then you must know what book was given by which people to the learned and unlearned. It's such a long reach for such a tiny straw.

How can one read and write yet be unlettered? Have we modified the definitions? 

6 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

I dont recall the Holy Spirit being called unlettered or being called Muhammadim in Hebrew. Also Isa having the Holy Spirit being put him was simply him being powered by Rūh [Angel Gabriel] so that he could reveal revelation in Youth and Adulthood. 

This is your interpretation of these passages. Placid has already provided you with an alternative view.

6 hours ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

Some Christians say that the Comforter mentioned in these prophecies refers to the Holy Spirit. They fail to realise that the prophecy clearly says that only if Jesus (pbuh) departs will the Comforter come. The Bible states that the Holy Spirit was already present on earth before and during the time of Jesus (pbuh), in the womb of Elizabeth, and    again when Jesus (pbuh) was being baptised, etc. Hence this prophecy refers to none other than Prophet  Muhammad (pbuh).

I already explained that. I don't think Christians " fail to realize" anything. They know their scriptures. This is about the working of the Holy Spirit after the Ascension. No problem.

28 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

I wasn't asking you but...think about what you just wrote.

You can obviously benefit from a Prophet of old, how do you benefit from a prophet that won't exist for another millennia? It's quite simple. With no foresight into what he might say...

We went over Isaiah and my post was just a space between "answers". If that's the case, why continue? I showed you guys with context that the unlearned guy was just some guy. If you want to insist he's Muhammad then you must know what book was given by which people to the learned and unlearned. It's such a long reach for such a tiny straw.

How can one read and write yet be unlettered? Have we modified the definitions? 

Yeah. Unlettered as in didnt recieve education such as never went to school. I provided you many verses that strongly counter you opinions as well as my companions yet you produce weak statements Brother and have not properly analyzed the verses provided. 

20 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

This is your interpretation of these passages. Placid has already provided you with an alternative view.

Its not interpretation. Its facts. Read the verses provided if you dont believe me. 

18 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

I already explained that. I don't think Christians " fail to realize" anything. They know their scriptures. This is about the working of the Holy Spirit after the Ascension. No problem.

Christians cant even explain or properly break down the verses of their own book Sister. Look at Ahmed Deedats debates for example.