Ali_Hussain

Do you read the books of the other sects ?

14 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

I think Shias are much more aware of the teachings of Sunnis, at least in the realm of hadith, than Sunnis are of Shias.

Shias in general are also more aware of the ahadith in Sunni books then the Sunnis do to their own books. If only all the Sunnis were aware of how their own ahadith books promote the Shi'a view, you'd see many of them convert to Shi'ism.

Edited by Hassan-

There are some downsides to this. In the same way that some can be misguided by other speakers, misguidance can take place when delving into other books if your faith is uncultivated. A personal issue I had after reading the Sihah as-Sitta was that, in the following months and years, I would remember a hadith, but forget if it came from a Sunni source or a Shii source. Furthermore, we Shi`a are pretty unfamiliar with our own books. We can cruise the Sahihayn looking for fada'il of Ahl al-Bayt, but most of us cannot even name the Four Books if asked directly. Both the pro-unity and pro-sectarian crowds spend a lot of time quoting Sunni literature, a behaviour which I can't help but feel stems from a need to constantly compare ourselves to Sunnis - yet Shii books rarely even come to mind to most Sunnis.

Yes I agree that it is better not to be ignorant about other "theories", but start with your own theory, understand it, digest it, and put it into action; then look at other systems if needed.

Sometimes when speakers quote hadiths, they don't tell you or point out when it's a Sunni hadith. So people start quoting it around not knowing that it actually comes from Sunni sources.

Others know more hadiths from Bukhari or Muslim then they do of Al-Kafi. 

2 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

I think Shias are much more aware of the teachings of Sunnis, at least in the realm of hadith, than Sunnis are of Shias.

Well, brother

Most Sunnis don't even know that the hadith of Saqalayn (I am leaving behind two things - the Quran and my family) comes from their famous book Sahih Muslim.

And instead of talking about this hadith, they usually talk about Imam Malik's hadith, which is, according to their gradation, less authentic  - " I am leaving behind two things - the Quran and my Sunna."

So effectively they flout their own rules of preferring Sahih Muslim to Imam Malik..

5 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

5 hours ago, Hassan- said:

Shias in general are also more aware of the ahadith in Sunni books then the Sunnis do to their own books. If only all the Sunnis were aware of how their own ahadith books promote the Shi'a view, you'd see many of them convert to Shi'ism.

4 hours ago, Qa'im said:

There are some downsides to this. In the same way that some can be misguided by other speakers, misguidance can take place when delving into other books if your faith is uncultivated. A personal issue I had after reading the Sihah as-Sitta was that, in the following months and years, I would remember a hadith, but forget if it came from a Sunni source or a Shii source. Furthermore, we Shi`a are pretty unfamiliar with our own books. We can cruise the Sahihayn looking for fada'il of Ahl al-Bayt, but most of us cannot even name the Four Books if asked directly. Both the pro-unity and pro-sectarian crowds spend a lot of time quoting Sunni literature, a behaviour which I can't help but feel stems from a need to constantly compare ourselves to Sunnis - yet Shii books rarely even come to mind to most Sunnis.

Yes I agree that it is better not to be ignorant about other "theories", but start with your own theory, understand it, digest it, and put it into action; then look at other systems if needed.

This is because sunni hadith sources are open for everyone, nothing hidden, like we have sunnah.com, ahadith.co and many many more. Anybody can search and find what he wants within seconds.

But on the other hand there is not a single website having ahadith from any of the four major shia hadith sources Kafi, Faqih, Tahzib and Istibsar. Even none of the four books is avaialble in universal english language so that majority can have an easy access to their ahadith, except Kafi which again is in non searchable pdf format.

31 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

This is because sunni hadith sources are open for everyone, nothing hidden, like we have sunnah.com, ahadith.co and many many more. Anybody can search and find what he wants within seconds.

:) Ahhaaa, So because the sunni books are online therefore sunni don't read their own hadith books. Just have a look at what brother Hassan has said.

14 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

:) Ahhaaa, So because the sunni books are online therefore sunni don't read their own hadith books. Just have a look at what brother Hassan has said.

They make up about 90% of worlds muslim population. So the percentage on both sides will obviously be more.

And actually same is the case with twelvers. Most of them even dont know the names of four major shia hadith books. My shia cousins and many friends are living examples of that. They know more about sunni ahadith then shii ones.

Again Its upto the individuals that how they study and research and carry their life. But atleast things should be made available and open for all just like sunni hadith corpus are.

3 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

But on the other hand there is not a single website having ahadith from any of the four major shia hadith sources Kafi, Faqih, Tahzib and Istibsar.

all the 4 books are present on internet but mostly in arabic

3 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Even none of the four books is avaialble in universal english language so that majority can have an easy access to their ahadith, except Kafi which again is in non searchable pdf format.

1.  Kitab al-Kafi    present on net in arabic, english, and urdu

2. Man la yahduruhu al-Faqih, present on net in arabic, and urdu

3. Tahdhib al-Ahkam, present on net in arabic, and urdu

4. Al-Istibsar, present on net in arabic, and urdu

Persian versions also be present

Edited by skyweb1987

4 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

But on the other hand there is not a single website having ahadith from any of the four major shia hadith sources Kafi, Faqih, Tahzib and Istibsar. Even none of the four books is avaialble in universal english language so that majority can have an easy access to their ahadith, except Kafi which again is in non searchable pdf format.

They're all online in Arabic, and al-Kafi has been translated into English. I have translated parts of other books and uploaded them here: http://www.imamiyya.com/hadith

Keep in mind that our main books are longer than yours, and our community is much smaller, especially in the English-speaking world. Had it not been for Saudi petrodollars, I don't think there'd be as many Sunni books in English either.

10 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

They make up about 90% of worlds muslim population. So the percentage on both sides will obviously be more.

And actually same is the case with twelvers. Most of them even dont know the names of four major shia hadith books. My shia cousins and many friends are living examples of that. They know more about sunni ahadith then shii ones.

I never read one of the four 12er ahaadith books.

The fundamental concept of Shi'ism (the special status of Ahl al-Bayt and Imam Ali a.s. in particular, the dispute about his appointment and his appointment itself) however is evident in the major sunni collections.

Again Its upto the individuals that how they study and research and carry their life. But atleast things should be made available and open for all just like sunni hadith corpus are.

That's a good thing in itself. however I do not believe that the intention of those who made it available is to expose those narrations that are not in favor of sunnism in particular.

Edited by Faruk

On 6/5/2017 at 6:57 PM, skyweb1987 said:

1.  Kitab al-Kafi    present on net in arabic, english, and urdu

2. Man la yahduruhu al-Faqih, present on net in arabic, and urdu

3. Tahdhib al-Ahkam, present on net in arabic, and urdu

4. Al-Istibsar, present on net in arabic, and urdu

Persian versions also be present

Can you please share download or online links for 3 and 4 in urdu.

Jazak Allah.

On 6/5/2017 at 7:58 PM, Qa'im said:

They're all online in Arabic, and al-Kafi has been translated into English. I have translated parts of other books and uploaded them here: http://www.imamiyya.com/hadith

Keep in mind that our main books are longer than yours, and our community is much smaller, especially in the English-speaking world. Had it not been for Saudi petrodollars, I don't think there'd be as many Sunni books in English either.

This is not a valid reason I think. Iran is making more money than saudia annually if we only take into account khums.

We have so many shia books in english but not the four main primary much need ones. Which are the foundation.

On 6/6/2017 at 2:36 AM, Faruk said:

The fundamental concept of Shi'ism (the special status of Ahl al-Bayt and Imam Ali a.s. in particular, the dispute about his appointment and his appointment itself) however is evident in the major sunni collections.

Thats the problem. To know their fundamental concepts you have to read their core books. But they are still in arabic. They translated them into persian but not in most common lagunage. Thats why people like you and I cant read them properly. In other words I must say they are hidden from common public purposely. Also they havnt compiled separate books on authentic and on weak narrations out of them for further ease.

Dispute is eveident but later matter was solved and its also in the same books. like bayah of Imam Ali a.s, narrations of Imam Ali a.s in their praise etc.

Every family in the wolrd disputes and then resolve.

On 6/6/2017 at 2:36 AM, Faruk said:

That's a good thing in itself. however I do not believe that the intention of those who made it available is to expose those narrations that are not in favor of sunnism in particular.

You dont believe then just read the introductory chapters by authors of bukhari, muslim etc. Its all for common public.

16 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Thats the problem. To know their fundamental concepts you have to read their core books. But they are still in arabic. They translated them into persian but not in most common lagunage. Thats why people like you and I cant read them properly. In other words I must say they are hidden from common public purposely. Also they havnt compiled separate books on authentic and on weak narrations out of them for further ease.

So when I notice disagreements I am not qualified to know but when it is in line with sunni beliefs I never hear any complaint rather confirmation.

16 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Dispute is eveident but later matter was solved and its also in the same books. like bayah of Imam Ali a.s, narrations of Imam Ali a.s in their praise etc.

Every family in the wolrd disputes and then resolve.

There is a saying which says, you only know what you read untill you know who wrote it i.e. one should read history and study the political atmosphere of those times first to know who is who and should be followed.

The line of authority is through Imam Hussayn a.s. and those who consider him a.s. Amirul Muminin. Haqq is with them and they are with Haqq.