Rate this topic

1 minute ago, thuglife said:

Have you ever put a 9 volt to your tongue. You tongue was fine after.

nope i havent, i dont think i did. plus it may not be a good idea to put unknown objects such as batteries on your body.

On 2017-5-31 at 1:07 AM, sidnaq said:

i think i want to become a sufi...either that or sunni barelwi, but someone needs to tell me, am i wrong for taking this path...What does Allah wish from me.

Fellow Momin why would you want to move away from the sect that follows the traditions of The Holy Prophet's pure progeny? I think that you have to dig deeper into Shia Islam and feel it truly from your heart and express your soul to the true meaning of Islam through the Ahlul-Bayt. You might also compare Sunnism, Sufism with Shiism and take the time to properly analyze them and see which seems most logical. It is your connection with Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. Supplicate to Allah for guidance. 

On 6/4/2017 at 0:12 PM, sidnaq said:

nope i havent, i dont think i did. plus it may not be a good idea to put unknown objects such as batteries on your body.

Batteries are known objects. Designed by men.

19 hours ago, thuglife said:

Batteries are known objects. Designed by men.

i know betteries bro, i mean unknown object as in things that dont know what reaction it ma give to the body.

Sufism (Tasawwuf) is not a division. Sufism is Islamic mysticism. Most who study and practice Sufism are already Shia or Sunni. Some by default and many by choice.  Rarely is anyone ever just exclusively a Sufi.  There is nothing inherently wrong with going in this direction. If one does go in this direction though he or she should be careful. Much like with Shiism there are practices within Sufism that are considered by some to be innovations (Bid'ah). 

Edited by iavswn

On 5/30/2017 at 10:42 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

You can be Shia and Sufi, but that's not what Allah wants from you. I don't know about Sunni Barelwi, but I know other Sunnis consider them misguided as well. I think before you decide on becoming either one, try actually study Shia Islam like reading books on the basics instead of get hung up and confused about lacking "spiritual happiness" .

The Iranian Islamic Republic has harassed Shia-Sufis  for their lack of support for the "governance of the jurist" (Velayat-e faqih).

On 5/31/2017 at 3:03 PM, sidnaq said:

no no sister, i have apologized to the brother, i didnt know about his other comments, and JazakAllah to the brother for bringing this issue to light. i will try to be careful next time. also heavenly_silk, i am thinking about discussing this with a shia therapist. or at least start actively going to a shia masjid. Just theyre so far ...

Salamun Alaykum,

You mentioned that you find Shia duas empty of spirituality....  I find this interesting.  What exactly is spirituality for you.

I look forward to hearing from you inshallah.

1 hour ago, eThErEaL said:

Salamun Alaykum,

You mentioned that you find Shia duas empty of spirituality....  I find this interesting.  What exactly is spirituality for you.

I look forward to hearing from you inshallah.

I think i was wrong,i think shias do have spirituality

7 hours ago, sidnaq said:

I think i was wrong,i think shias do have spirituality

That is more like it. :)

Now we're talking!

So, you will never stop being "Shia".  

You are just looking for something.  What are you looking for exactly? 

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 10:37 AM, sidnaq said:

i think i want to become a sufi...either that or sunni barelwi, but someone needs to tell me, am i wrong for taking this path...What does Allah wish from me.

Pure and real sofism is not against Islam. Bur it is real and essence of Islam. 

Yes there are some so called sofis and there rituals who have defamed sofism. 

On 5/31/2017 at 1:07 AM, sidnaq said:

Yes brother, taking such deviant path is wrong according to Sheikh Yasser Al Habib's (ha) judgment when asked about Philosophy and Mysticism.

You can find some Hadiths in this topic as well:

On 8/1/2017 at 8:44 PM, iavswn said:

Sufism is Islamic mysticism. 

On 7/28/2017 at 4:00 AM, islam25 said:

Pure and real sofism is not against Islam. Bur it is real and essence of Islam. 

Yes there are some so called sofis and there rituals who have defamed sofism. 

Mysticism isn't Islamic. Sufism (mysticism) is false and deviant. Sufism is completely forbidden as per the Hadiths of our Imams (as).

Focus more on your religious matters and Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, don't be attached to this worldly life, nor do obey your ego but Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. This is how you reach spirituality, and Shi'a Islam is the only way to achieve the highest levels of a human being  @sidnaq

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless and guide you!

On Saturday, August 05, 2017 at 7:03 PM, SheikhAlHabib'fan said:

Mysticism isn't Islamic. Sufism (mysticism) is false and deviant. Sufism is completely forbidden as per the Hadiths of our Imams (as).

Focus more on your religious matters and Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, don't be attached to this worldly life, nor do obey your ego but Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى. This is how you reach spirituality, and Shi'a Islam is the only way to achieve the highest levels of a human being  @sidnaq

May Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى bless and guide you!

Spirituality in Irfan and sofism is same. And it's through which one reaches to highest level of human perfection. 

On 8/5/2017 at 6:33 AM, SheikhAlHabib'fan said:

NOT even original. This claim comes from an extremist named Ahmad Shakir. One of the founding members of the Salafi movement in Egypt. 

Edited by iavswn

6 minutes ago, islam25 said:

Spirituality in Irfan and sofism is same. And it's through which one reaches to highest level of human perfection. 

Achieving "Human perfection" and absorbing or vanishing into the "Absolute Truth" through Mysticism is based upon false principles that don't have any base on our religion. Such beliefs are deviant... and we rely upon the Hadiths of Ahlulbayt (as). Read what Imam Al-Sadiq (as) says about Sufis.

1 minute ago, iavswn said:

This is not even original. The claim actually comes from an extremist named Ahmad Shakir. One of the founding members of the Salafi movement in Egypt. 

All I wrote was that Sufism goes against Ithna Asheri Shi'a theology.

I don't really care how this is similar to others' claims (and it doesn't mean anything to me for that matter), but rather it is the truth.

Shia demonizing sufism as unIslamic and against hadeeths of the prophet is just completely absurd.

All Sufi orders trace their original precepts from Muhammad through his son-in-law Ali.

Sufis maintain that through Ali knowledge about Muhammad and a connection with Muhammad may be attained.

Such a concept is understood by the hadith,  Sufis regard to be authentic, in which Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is reported to have said, "I am the city of knowledge and Ali is its gate".

References:

1. https://www.al-islam.org/tahrif/cityofknowledge/

2. Journal of a Sufi Odyssey: A True Novel, Book 3; P. 461

3. http://www.alim.org/library/biography/khalifa/content/KAL/79/1

Edited by iavswn

18 minutes ago, iavswn said:

All Sufi orders trace their original precepts from Muhammad through his son-in-law Ali.

What about Naqshbandi order? Also it's irrelevant what most Sufi orders claim when they don't rely upon their teachings.

I can show you many statements made by Sufi Saints that are completely unacceptable for Shi'a (just tell me if you want to know).

Edited by SheikhAlHabib'fan

Achieving "Human perfection" and absorbing or vanishing into the "Absolute Truth" through Mysticism is based upon false principles that don't have any base on our religion. Such beliefs are deviant... and we rely upon the Hadiths of Ahlulbayt (as). Read what Imam Al-Sadiq (as) says about Sufis.

Brother, being a consciousness/remembering constantly to Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and following His commands in all matters trough the teaching and practicing of Ahlulbait (as) and Qur'an is not even deviant or false principle.

Edited by Dhulfikar

1 hour ago, SheikhAlHabib'fan said:

All I wrote was that Sufism goes against Ithna Asheri Shi'a theology.

I don't really care how this is similar to others' claims (and it doesn't mean anything to me for that matter), but rather it is the truth.

Mr.i don't think you are right. I have heard lectures from scholars of qum who are students of Mohhamad Hussain Tabatbaie and Ayatollah behjat and Ayatollah Hassanzadeh Amoli. It's these scholars who say irfan and sofism is same. Both teachs the following quran and Prophet puh in achieving spiritual purification from all sorts of sins and deviations. So that one recives devine wisdom and proximity of Allah. 

54 minutes ago, SheikhAlHabib'fan said:

What about Naqshbandi order? Also it's irrelevant what most Sufi orders claim when they don't rely upon their teachings.

I can show you many statements made by Sufi Saints that are completely unacceptable for Shi'a (just tell me if you want to know).

All the sofi orders teach how to become closer to Allah by gradually avoiding all sorts sin and constant remembering of Allah. And same is the teaching of Ahlulbayt as. But because our hatred we do not feel happy by word sofism because it's common in sunni dominant. But our liking or disliking has no value were truth is criteria.