Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

I think this is the third or fourth time where the sister just ignored my comments. Maybe I should just bite my tongue next time.

Regardless of who your advice is for, your knowledge and advice has such benefits for the rest of us. Many of us learn from you whether we have asked the question or are just participating/reading the threads.

@sidnaq Some of us have fought for the truth and are still struggling with our own tests, whereas you were blessed to know about the Ahlulbayt (a.s) from the very beginning. There are people here who are trying to help and give you advice dear sister, it's in your best interests to take it on board. We take our teachings from the pure, sinless Ahlulbayt (a.s) whereas others have had the teachings diluted by people who themselves were in need of guidance. If we adhere to the holy Qur'an and Ahlulbayt (a.s) we will never go astray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

I think this is the third or fourth time where the sister just ignored my comments. Maybe I should just bite my tongue next time.

no no  wait ,i am so sorry, i didnt realise, please forgive me. i didnt know i ignored other comments made by you towards me , i sincerely apologize and i would like to say, i have read your comment, above, and i will try to probe the deeper understanding.the truth is i am not trying to get attracted to any silver tongued people, and i understand that concern and JazakAllah for bringing it up.the truth is i do listen to shia speakers,in fact its so hard to describe my problem.and i know i have thought it too. perhaps this weakness could and in a way has become my strength. the thing was even after sticking with shia speakers, i still faced a dilemma.sometimes i couldnt find shia speakers with motivating topics for the day and i u sed to get scared of listening to nouman ali khan for fear i will get attracted to the way he speaks or something like that and i will go astray. now mind you i have been looking at shia islamic books, lectures, coming on shiachat everything. i couldnt understand why listening to one sunni speaker and that too on general islamic topics like getting closer to Allah or achieving khushoo in namaz had created such a weird problem for me. i even assumed this was a psychological problem and i am going to try to talk to islamic scholar and a shia therapist about it. and this problem i know that there is no one else no other shia or even sunni that goes thru this, neither am i trying to misguide people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Ah so I may ask where the confusion comes from? If you have avoided Sunni lectures for five years, why are you listening to them now? What were you doing last year with your threads about whether it is ok to listen to Sunnis. I am not trying to offend you in anyway whatsoever but there's a lot that I am failing to understand.

the thing was even after sticking with shia speakers, i still faced a dilemma.sometimes i couldnt find shia speakers with motivating topics for the day and i u sed to get scared of listening to nouman ali khan for fear i will get attracted to the way he speaks or something like that and i will go astray. now mind you i have been looking at shia islamic books, lectures, coming on shiachat everything. i couldnt understand why listening to one sunni speaker and that too on general islamic topics like getting closer to Allah or achieving khushoo in namaz had created such a weird problem for me. i even assumed this was a psychological problem and i am going to try to talk to islamic scholar and a shia therapist about it. and this problem i know that there is no one else no other shia or even sunni that goes thru this,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, thuglife said:

You should try TcDCS. It does wonders for your mental state.

ill recommend it to my doctor, but what is it about? seriously if this is a psychological problem, then i pray Allah can cure me. i cannot believe how feeble i am even after researching about my deen.maybe i dont know enough about my shia path as i thought i did.May Allah make it easy for all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 2:54 PM, Heavenly_Silk said:

Regardless of who your advice is for, your knowledge and advice has such benefits for the rest of us. Many of us learn from you whether we have asked the question or are just participating/reading the threads.

@sidnaq Some of us have fought for the truth and are still struggling with our own tests, whereas you were blessed to know about the Ahlulbayt (a.s) from the very beginning. There are people here who are trying to help and give you advice dear sister, it's in your best interests to take it on board. We take our teachings from the pure, sinless Ahlulbayt (a.s) whereas others have had the teachings diluted by people who themselves were in need of guidance. If we adhere to the holy Qur'an and Ahlulbayt (a.s) we will never go astray.

no no sister, i have apologized to the brother, i didnt know about his other comments, and JazakAllah to the brother for bringing this issue to light. i will try to be careful next time. also heavenly_silk, i am thinking about discussing this with a shia therapist. or at least start actively going to a shia masjid. Just theyre so far ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ron_Burgundy said:

If you wanna achieve spiritual happiness why not through Ahl e bait? do you think you could find that spiritual happiness through sufism? what made you think that way? mind sharing that secret with me? 

i felt like it was a balance between sunni and shia , and i could listen to lectures on both side without fear of extremities if something goes against the sufi teachings. but i dont know because my heart NOT ME  but my heart feels comfortable listening to salim yusufali ( a shia i know) than hamza yusuf. if i can find it thru ahlulbayt, thats great!!could you help me in finding sources perhaps online ones that can help me find spiritual happiness thru ahlulbayt.books,articles websites etc. :D  :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

i felt like it was a balance between sunni and shia , and i could listen to lectures on both side without fear of extremities if something goes against the sufi teachings. but i dont know because my heart NOT ME  but my heart feels comfortable listening to salim yusufali ( a shia i know) than hamza yusuf. if i can find it thru ahlulbayt, thats great!!could you help me in finding sources perhaps online ones that can help me find spiritual happiness thru ahlulbayt.books,articles websites etc. :D  :D 

Have you heard of a canadian shaykh called Murtaza Bachoo,  he has some nice lectures on youtube.

Some extracts from his talks have been made into short motivational videos as well.

About the Sunni speakers, you should also understand that they are a product of Islam and the West,  in arabic they don't have speakers like them,  which is why their talks are translated. Shiism is a decade or so behind Sunnism in the west,  but give it time, in the coming years in sha' Allah we will have better speakers.

It isn't about Sunnism being superior, Shias just need to mix it up a bit, there is more to Islam than endlessly repeating the same stories from the lifes of the Ahl al-Bayt - which is why people tend to listen to Sunnis, because they talk about linguistics,  ethics that should be applied to today,  history (not simply shia - sunni stuff) etc.

It does sound like you have some issues that you need to get of your chest, try finding someone open minded to talk to (avoid any prescription medicine). 

We will pray for you as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

Have you heard of a canadian shaykh called Murtaza Bachoo,  he has some nice lectures on youtube.

Some extracts from his talks have been made into short motivational videos as well.

About the Sunni speakers, you should also understand that they are a product of Islam and the West,  in arabic they don't have speakers like them,  which is why their talks are translated. Shiism is a decade or so behind Sunnism in the west,  but give it time, in the coming years in sha' Allah we will have better speakers.

It isn't about Sunnism being superior, Shias just need to mix it up a bit, there is more to Islam than endlessly repeating the same stories from the lifes of the Ahl al-Bayt - which is why people tend to listen to Sunnis, because they talk about linguistics,  ethics that should be applied to today,  history (not simply shia - sunni stuff) etc.

It does sound like you have some issues that you need to get of your chest, try finding someone open minded to talk to (avoid any prescription medicine). 

We will pray for you as well.

youre the most open minded guy here, i really loved your advice, thank you for understanding, it took mye away from a suffocation of how can you stay away from ahlulbayt - you want to go to hell or love the enemies bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 3:22 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

About the Sunni speakers, you should also understand that they are a product of Islam and the West,  in arabic they don't have speakers like them,  which is why their talks are translated. Shiism is a decade or so behind Sunnism in the west,  but give it time, in the coming years in sha' Allah we will have better speakers.

It isn't about Sunnism being superior, Shias just need to mix it up a bit, there is more to Islam than endlessly repeating the same stories from the lifes of the Ahl al-Bayt - which is why people tend to listen to Sunnis, because they talk about linguistics,  ethics that should be applied to today,  history (not simply shia - sunni stuff) etc.

I have listened to many sunni scholars and their lecture are boring and funny. They have some fake stories to share with you and they always discussed sahaba and what they have done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sidnaq said:

youre the most open minded guy here, i really loved your advice, thank you for understanding, it took mye away from a suffocation of how can you stay away from ahlulbayt - you want to go to hell or love the enemies bit.

Ahl e bayt is the center of all of this. What they have done is islam and what they have said is Quran. I am not saying you shouldn't study any other sect. I encourage people to study different sects but you can't separate islam from Ahl-e-bayt. Period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sidnaq said:

i think i want to become a sufi...either that or sunni barelwi, but someone needs to tell me, am i wrong for taking this path...What does Allah wish from me.

What do they have what your current sect doesn't have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sister,

The Salawat is recited at least 5 times a day by all sects.

Even by Wahhabi's and Salafi's.

In the Salawat there is salvation for those whose eyes are open. Even for those who never read Quran but at least do pray.

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Qa'im said:

I think this is the third or fourth time where the sister just ignored my comments. Maybe I should just bite my tongue next time.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Actually brother, I find your responses are hujjah or final warnings before if not already she has decided what path she will take.  Please continue to respond, if she doesn't benefit from your posts, so many other members do.  Quran clearly states how people before were in darkness and found light and how some were in the light and taken to darkness (Ayatul Kursi).

This is actually scary to see this happening right before my eyes.  

Allhoma thabatna 3la al deen.

God keep us steadfast on this religion.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Actually brother, I find your responses are hujjah or final warnings before if not already she has decided what path she will take.  Please continue to respond, if she doesn't benefit from your posts, so many other members do.  Quran clearly states how people before were in darkness and found light and how some were in the light and taken to darkness (Ayatul Kursi).

This is actually scary to see this happening right before my eyes.  

Allhoma thabatna 3la al deen.

God keep us steadfast on this religion.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Wait a min . I am not converted to anything. Most likely ill stay shia. And i also apologized to the brother. Sowhat was the need to post this. You think i want to go into darkness?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sidnaq said:

i felt like it was a balance between sunni and shia , and i could listen to lectures on both side without fear of extremities if something goes against the sufi teachings. but i dont know because my heart NOT ME  but my heart feels comfortable listening to salim yusufali ( a shia i know) than hamza yusuf. if i can find it thru ahlulbayt, thats great!!could you help me in finding sources perhaps online ones that can help me find spiritual happiness thru ahlulbayt.books,articles websites etc. :D  :D 

Try the videos of IslamiCentre on YouTube. Their videos contain diffirent topics from raising children, family care to Karbala and the other known topics.

https://www.youtube.com/user/IslamiCentre

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

Wait a min . I am not converted to anything. Most likely ill stay shia. And i also apologized to the brother. Sowhat was the need to post this. You think i want to go into darkness?

Instead of trying to help you and asking you what you are lacking of people should not condemn. Sometimes the doctors are patients as well. Myself not excluded.

Edited by Faruk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

I'm Muslim because I choose to be.  Alhamd'Allah following madthab of Imam Jafar Sadiq.  Sister Sidnaq, you shouldn't care what I think or what anyone thinks when it comes to practicing your faith.  Your main concern is asking yourself is Allah swt pleased and satisfied with me or not.

You need to sit down and research, read, and come to a conclusion of what your beleifs are.  Brother Qaim has addressed you in the most polite and sincere way and provided you with information.  It is your duty now to read more and look for answers to your questions.  

What do you mean by spiritual happiness?  What are you looking to attain in this life?  What is your purpose in this life?  What do you want to acheive?  What is happening in your environment?  Who are you hanging around with?  No need to answer to me, you are only answerable to Allah.

May Allah guide us all.  We need to wake up from our ghaflah and be aware of our state always.  Be careful, from one sister to another.

430509944_131543.jpg

Edited by Laayla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2017 at 1:16 AM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

I'm Muslim because I choose to be.  Alhamd'Allah following madthab of Imam Jafar Sadiq.  Sister Sidnaq, you shouldn't care what I think or what anyone thinks when it comes to practicing your faith.  Your main concern is asking yourself is Allah swt pleased and satisfied with me or not.

You need to sit down and research, read, and come to a conclusion of what your beleifs are.  Brother Qaim has addressed you in the most polite and sincere way and provided you with information.  It is your duty now to read more and look for answers to your questions.  

What do you mean by spiritual happiness?  What are you looking to attain in this life?  What is your purpose in this life?  What do you want to acheive?  What is happening in your environment?  Who are you hanging around with?  No need to answer to me, you are only answerable to Allah.

May Allah guide us all.  We need to wake up from our ghaflah and be aware of our state always.  Be careful, from one sister to another.

430509944_131543.jpg

i dont know what i want sis, i wish i did....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 0:08 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Not really, that's really irresponsible advice by the way and there is no proof that it actually works. Sidnaq is spiritually confused, not mentally ill, bro.

I talked to a researcher. It does work. It makes thinking go much more smoother. So he can have much better thoughts and think through what ails him. He can apply his aqil to his situation a lot better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2017 at 0:01 PM, sidnaq said:

ill recommend it to my doctor, but what is it about? seriously if this is a psychological problem, then i pray Allah can cure me. i cannot believe how feeble i am even after researching about my deen.maybe i dont know enough about my shia path as i thought i did.May Allah make it easy for all of us.

You plug the juice of a 9 volts battery to your shoulder and temple. And the current gives neurons a nice pick-me-up.

And life on Earth is designed to be difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thuglife said:

You plug the juice of a 9 volts battery to your shoulder and temple. And the current gives neurons a nice pick-me-up.

And life on Earth is designed to be difficult.

is this a joke, if i was a kid ,i could be stupid enough to try it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×