Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

i think i want to become a sufi...either that or sunni barelwi, but someone needs to tell me, am i wrong for taking this path...What does Allah wish from me.

But why you want to get away from Shia mazhab, when sunnis and Christian converts are becoming shia everyday. 

5 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

But why you want to get away from Shia mazhab, when sunnis and Christian converts are becoming shia everyday. 

brother you probably dont know my situation,i have posted on this forum before,and i wouldnt turn away for no reason :D, it just i have been trying to achieve spiritual happiness, and my story is long.

4 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

brother you probably dont know my situation,i have posted on this forum before,and i wouldnt turn away for no reason :D, it just i have been trying to achieve spiritual happiness, and my story is long.

Probably I have read some of your post. Know that you're in this world to prepare for your Akhirah and the most vital thing is Wilayah of 12 Imams and dissociation with their enemies. All those not having this 2 things will be headlong thrown into hell (there's some exceptions) no matter how much pious he was in this world. After becoming sunni or sufi will you believe in 12 Imams (a.s.) and have bar'ah with their enemies? 

May be you need to start yourself again and find the correct path. I bet there's no dua as Dua e Kumail in other mazhab to gain spirituality. 

4 minutes ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Probably I have read some of your post. Know that you're in this world to prepare for your Akhirah and the most vital thing is Wilayah of 12 Imams and dissociation with their enemies. All those not having this 2 things will be headlong thrown into hell (there's some exceptions) no matter how much pious he was in this world. After becoming sunni or sufi will you believe in 12 Imams (a.s.) and have bar'ah with their enemies? 

May be you need to start yourself again and find the correct path. I bet there's no dua as Dua e Kumail in other mazhab to gain spirituality. 

whats wrong with you, why do you brother turn so serious. youre making it seem like i want to go to hell ,and i am already scared enough as it is .i dont know why i am the way i am, yes i have read shia duas, they arent ..so spiritually helpful ,and i have read the translation.

37 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

i think i want to become a sufi...either that or sunni barelwi, but someone needs to tell me, am i wrong for taking this path...What does Allah wish from me.

You can be Shia and Sufi, but that's not what Allah wants from you. I don't know about Sunni Barelwi, but I know other Sunnis consider them misguided as well. I think before you decide on becoming either one, try actually study Shia Islam like reading books on the basics instead of get hung up and confused about lacking "spiritual happiness" .

I considered joining a tariqa but decided against it after watching this: 

Whatever you do, there's no compulsion to be Shia, Sunni or Sufi because in the end we're all Muslims, sis but you should without a doubt strive for spiritual happiness through the truth. And the truth is with the Merciful who blessed Muhammad (saw) and His Household (as)

Spiritual happiness by itself is vague, Sidnaq. It means different things to people, what does it mean for you? I wouldn't take this decision to be Sunni/Sufi very lightly. Think about it and maybe read some books on Al-Islam.org. Don't be scared, I am here for you.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

4 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

whats wrong with you, why do you brother turn so serious. youre making it seem like i want to go to hell ,and i am already scared enough as it is .i dont know why i am the way i am, yes i have read shia duas, they arent ..so spiritually helpful ,and i have read the translation.

That's the thing to be scared sister because that's the truth. Vouch for your Akhirah because there's nothing more important than your Aqeedah (belief). 

May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì help you. 

You're in my duas. 

3 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

You can be Shia and Sufi, but that's not what Allah wants from you. I don't know about Sunni Barelwi, but I know other Sunnis consider them misguided as well. I think before you decide on becoming either one, try actually study Shia Islam like reading books on the basics instead of get hung up and confused about lacking "spiritual happiness" .

I considered joining a tariqa but decided against it after watching this: 

Whatever you do, there's no compulsion to be Shia, Sunni or Sufi because in the end we're all Muslims, sis but you should without a doubt strive for spiritual happiness through the truth. And the truth is with the Merciful who blessed Muhammad (saw) and His Household (as)

Spiritual happiness by itself is vague, Sidnaq. It means different things to people, what does it mean for you? I wouldn't take this decision to be Sunni/Sufi very lightly. Think about it and maybe read some books on Al-Islam.org. Don't be scared, I am here for you.

JazakAllah so much brothe, i appreciate your answer, and your help. May Allah reward you, i am not sure myself, in the end i think i am shia, and heh yes i have watched sayed ammar's lecture on this before. 

1 hour ago, sidnaq said:

it just i have been trying to achieve spiritual happiness, and my story is long.

The grass is greener on the other side...

By the way, there are Sufis/`Irfanis/Shaykhis in Shiism. There's no absence of spirituality in the teachings of Ahl al-Bayt, even if it is absent in some of our communities. The answer to your suffering is not to turn on your heels. You have to translate your suffering into meaning, purification, forgiveness of sin, gratitude, and coming closer to Allah and His hujja. Everyone in this world suffers, there is no person that doesn't suffer. Some sufferers use an anesthetic, but our bodies build tolerance to such drugs. It is the same with suffering, you must go to the root of the issue.

You must distinguish between your personal satisfaction and the satisfaction of Allah. If you think that you can sell your religion to adopt a feel-good soothsayer theology, then that will only take your further from Allah and make your condition worse. Once you sincerely acknowledge the truth of Ali (as), Fatima (as), and their children, you realize that belief is not a choice, it is a responsibility. You either give the Ahlul Bayt their rights or you abandon them.

What you're saying now is that you'd rather take aqeeda, fiqh, and tafsir from other than its origin, just to attain a spiritual high. You may not know the weight of this now, but when you hear the taraddi of Mu`awiya, and the sidelining of all of the Imams after al-Husayn (as), and the takfir and mocking of their followers, I would hope that the antennas go up. Don't let the silver-tongued devil deceive you into thinking that all of this will make your life better. You must heed back to the message of the Quran, hadith al-thaqalayn, hadith al-ghadeer, the robbing of the khilafa and Fadak, the sacrifice of Husayn (as), and the coming of the Mahdi (ajtf).

It should be apparent that this misguidance stemmed from your clinging to Sunni speakers. In the past, you've even refused to hear suggestions of Shia speakers, so it's natural that you'll take on the characteristics of your rolemodels and surroundings. If you just give these speakers another chance, you might realize that the answers to your problems have been in front of you all along.

7 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

JazakAllah so much brothe, i appreciate your answer, and your help. May Allah reward you, i am not sure myself, in the end i think i am shia, and heh yes i have watched sayed ammar's lecture on this before. 

You're welcome, but study until you are sure. It would be really foolish to jump into something that you are unsure. Why don't you take Islamic classes at a Shia mosque and learn about the Jafari madhab?

From our discussions about your confusion and struggles, your problems are rooted in listening to Sunni speakers and not understanding Shia Islam like Qaim said.

This isn't an accusation but I personally don't understand why you allow yourself to be this confused. Listening to Sunnis put me in a place that I decided was dangerously close to the Salafi/Wahhabi stuff. I'd hate to see you get mixed up with this stuff.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

54 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

You're welcome, but study until you are sure. It would be really foolish to jump into something that you are unsure. Why don't you take Islamic classes at a Shia mosque and learn about the Jafari madhab?

From our discussions about your confusion and struggles, your problems are rooted in listening to Sunni speakers and not understanding Shia Islam like Qaim said.

This isn't an accusation but I personally don't understand why you allow yourself to be this confused. Listening to Sunnis put me in a place that I decided was dangerously close to the Salafi/Wahhabi stuff. I'd hate to see you get mixed up with this stuff.

i know i have had the same experience, when i listen to sunnis, its sometimes the nect lecture could be an unsure thing.umm yes brother i havent just been with sunni islam, in fact for 5 years i have avoided sunni , 

Edited by sidnaq

2 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

i know i have had the same experience, when i listen to sunnis, its sometimes the nect lecture could be an unsure thing.umm yes brother i havent just been with sunni islam, in fact for 5 years i have avoided sunni , 

Ah so I may ask where the confusion comes from? If you have avoided Sunni lectures for five years, why are you listening to them now? What were you doing last year with your threads about whether it is ok to listen to Sunnis. I am not trying to offend you in anyway whatsoever but there's a lot that I am failing to understand.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Sister Sidnaq,

Please read and reflect what brother Qaim posted.  Have you read or understand the incidents he addressed in his post?  

I'm watching lectures for Sheikh Ayub Rashid about the commentary of Surat al waqiy3a.  What topics do you like to listen about?  I can see if there are lectures that address what you want to hear.

Dear sis, why don't you schedule a meeting with a sheikh in one of the centers and say you have questions you need to talk to him about your a3qeedah?  Write down questions you have or what issues you need help in understanding better.

Insh'Allah khayr, dear sis.  Anything I can do for you, drop me a message.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Edited by Laayla

3 hours ago, sidnaq said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barelvi

just explain to me your understanding of why hanafi sunnism is superior to the wilayat of Ameerul Momineen Ali Ibn Abu Talib (as)?

to become a barelvi, you must

- accept saqifa
- agree with the theft of fadak
- reject ghadeer
- reject wilayat
- accept the caliphate of 1, 2 and 3 was on haqq
- love ammi jaan aisha
- believe that all sahaba were just great

you would do all this, for the sake of some sort of fake spiritual peace, which you could gain 1000 times more powerfully by remaining a shia and learning the esoteric side?

go on ziarat, I dare you. go to ziarat of Najaf or Mashad or Karbala and tell me that you reject the Imams for the sake of a sect which started in 1904 by an indian sunni. 

I don't think it is very smart for you to take your personal struggles and make that a reason to become a Sunni. I don't think being a Sunni will magically give you a sort of inner peace.

I am no one to criticize you, but whenever you make a decision like this, you have to be very logical and not be driven by emotions by having thoughts such as "I feel this is right for me etc"

I can understand your love for some Sunni speakers like "Nouman Ali Khan", as I personally enjoy listening to him as well. However I don't think listening to an hour long lecture of a Sunni speaker influences me in any way. It shows that you haven't understood the Shia fiqh at all. 

You can choose to leave Shiism if you want but bring forward any sort of logical reasons and challange the doctorines of Shiism. Becoming a Sunni means that you will let go of a sect which confirms the Waliyah of Imam Ali (as), places emphasis on Imamat etc

I suggest you read more books about Shiism and ask yourself "do the principles make sense to me?"

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

4 hours ago, sidnaq said:

If you became a sufi, then there is a possibility that you could fall into the trap of believing in wahdat al wujud/mawjud, which ultimately makes a person a mushrik/polytheist.

And this makes someone an apostate from the religion of Islam altogether.

Wasalam

Edited by emceemo40

@sidnaq, to have a relationship wit Allah, you dont have to go into all this magical mystical stuff. I would recommend studying actual Shia mysticism, which is Irfan. 

Now, you said you wanted to be a Sunni Sufi. I remember hearing this from a scholar, that Islam is divided into three parts.

●Ritual/Wajib acts

●Spirituality

●Search for justice

I want to emphasize on the last one. Becoming a Sunni means acknowledging the first three Caliphs as being righteous men, even while they stole a position which belonged to Imam Ali (as). Where is the justice in this? And what about mourning Imam Husayn (as), that becomes Bidah. Sunnism has been refuted many times. If your problem is doubting the basic beliefs of the Shia, why not relearn them? 

Maybe if you identify exactly what you doubt some more knowledgeable brothers/sisters could be able to help, but my point is, I feel in Sunnism the search for justice is not as important, and for Sufis the Wajib acts are less important, but we Shia observe all three equally, no matter what, and none of them have less importance than another.

http://www.ziyaraat.net/findbook.asp?srchwhat=All&LibroID=616&AgregarVista=Si&page=1&Archivo=LightWithinMe.pdf&escritor=All&tema=Tasawwuf&idioma=All&orderby=titulo

Salam alaikom

Edited by Mansur Bakhtiari

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Sister, why haven't you responded to Qaim's post? He took his time in responding to you and cared enough to explain that you will not find spiritual happiness this way. Instead, you respond to a one liner by E.L King.  

3 hours ago, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Sister, why haven't you responded to Qaim's post? He took his time in responding to you and cared enough to explain that you will not find spiritual happiness this way. Instead, you respond to a one liner by E.L King.  

I think this is the third or fourth time where the sister just ignored my comments. Maybe I should just bite my tongue next time.

13 hours ago, sidnaq said:

:) did you find any problem in the sirat-you're at the moment?

Surah Al-Fatiha, Verse 7:
صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيْهِمْ غَيْرِ الْمَغْضُوبِ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا الضَّالِّينَ

The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.
(English - Shakir)

What does Allah wish from you? 

Allah wills that you shall have ease, and does not will you to suffer hardship; but [He desires] that you complete the number [of days required], and that you extol Allah for His having guided you aright, and that you render your thanks [unto Him]. (2:185)

13 hours ago, sidnaq said:

If you wanna achieve spiritual happiness why not through Ahl e bait? do you think you could find that spiritual happiness through sufism? what made you think that way? mind sharing that secret with me?