alidu78

Question about languages in Iran

16 minutes ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

What's your question?

Oh sorry there had been a problem when i posted my post. 

I asked about the languages of Iran.

My father is an azeri from Iran and azeri language is considered a different language from persian however i heard that gilaki, talysh, mazandarani, luri languages are not really languages but mostly "persian dialects". So i asked if persian people are agree that these languages are mostly persian dialects than and could understand these languages or not :) ?

I hope you understood the question dear brother.

5 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Oh sorry there had been a problem when i posted my post. 

I asked about the languages of Iran.

My father is an azeri from Iran and azeri language is considered a different language from persian however i heard that gilaki, talysh, mazandarani, luri languages are not really languages but mostly "persian dialects". So i asked if persian people are agree that these languages are mostly persian dialects than and could understand these languages or not :) ?

I hope you understood the question dear brother.

Luri spoken in Luristan is very similar to Kurdish spoken in Ilam which is Feyli 

It's really different language to Persian, I had spoken to Azeris and understood nothing what they were saying in Azeri. Also, they would refer their language as 'Turk' if it spoken in Persian. It is rather similar to Turkish. I believe Turkish speakers can speak to Azeris without much problems.

What about Dari? I've read that it is something like an older form of Farsi than is spoken in Iran at present. Is the difference mainly apparent when it is spoken? I have exchanged some written messages with Afghans online and their written responses seem like normal Farsi to me. Admittedly, my Farsi is very weak. 

On 6/25/2017 at 2:14 PM, Klanky said:

What about Dari? I've read that it is something like an older form of Farsi than is spoken in Iran at present. Is the difference mainly apparent when it is spoken? I have exchanged some written messages with Afghans online and their written responses seem like normal Farsi to me. Admittedly, my Farsi is very weak. 

yes, i speak dari. it's basically just farsi, just a bit of a rougher dialect than the Iranian one.

there's also a few words that differ, like for example the word in iran for shop is "maghazeh" and in dari it is "bazaar". (literally i spent 30 minutes trying to ask for directions to the shops because i didn't know this XD)

however i spent a fair amount of time in Iran myself, and i understood most, if not all, of what was being said :)

On 08/21/2017 at 6:41 PM, Afsaneh14 said:

yes, i speak dari. it's basically just farsi, just a bit of a rougher dialect than the Iranian one.

there's also a few words that differ, like for example the word in iran for shop is "maghazeh" and in dari it is "bazaar". (literally i spent 30 minutes trying to ask for directions to the shops because i didn't know this XD)

however i spent a fair amount of time in Iran myself, and i understood most, if not all, of what was being said :)

We say bazaar too. But it is different from a "maghazeh". Bazaar is bigger.

5 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

Azari is Turkish but somewhat different from the language talked in Turkey.

Yes, Luri is just a dialect not another language.

Lori is really different for me i can only understand most of it and then some of the words just sound weird lol