Bazzi_

What is the purpose of other planets and galaxies

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Easy enough, why did god create them, why are they there, and why are their occurrences that happen on them? The other day I was reading about an absolutely massive hurricane that occurred on an exoplanet billions of light years away from us, it was so big that it would've destroyed earth. Another example are the giant black holes scientists recently discovered that have been swallowing entire galaxies whole. What was the purpose of this giant hurricane, these black holes, these giant space explosions? Why are there super earths which are very similar to ours? Are there other life forms, namely jinns, being that this is the only other lifeform aside from angels that we know of, living out there. Are these the heavens? Could they be related to some type of omnipresent Barzakh. 

"And We have certainly beautified the nearest heaven with stars and have made [from] them what is thrown at the devils and have prepared for them the punishment of the Blaze. (Quran 67:5)

• “And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth and what creatures He has dispersed throughout them. And He, for gathering them when He wills, is competent.” [The Holy Quran 42:29]

Hold on, do angels fit in the category of “creatures”?

Says God:

• “And to Allah prostrates whatever creature is in the heavens and whatever is on the Earth, and also the angels, and they are not arrogant.” [The Holy Quran 16:49]

That’s a really nice indication of adding the angels, outside the range of creatures. No? It’s like saying, hey, I’m not talking about angels, ok?

Next. So those creatures, where are they? Just floating in space?

No.

• “It is God who has created seven heavens and similar number of Earths. His command descends among them too, so you may know that God is competent over all things and that God has encompassed all things in knowledge.” [The Holy Quran 65:12]

the Quran specifically says, humankind is not THE BEST, rather-

• “And We have certainly honored the children of Adam and carried them on the land and sea and provided for them of the good things and preferred them a big portion of what We have created, with preference.” [Quran 17:70]

Over many? over a big portion? Why did He not say over ALL? Why did God not say, you are the best? But He said, you are better than many.

So, is it a notion in the Quran and Hadith (i.e. Islam) that there may exist extraterrestrial biological entities that might be purer or advanced than human beings which is yet to be discovered by modern science?

Edited by Bazzi_
shia farm girl and Kazemi like this

Cant verify this Hadith, if anyone can, id appreciate it

quote'

Once the Prophet (PBUH) appeared to the gathering of the companions. He noticed that all of them were in deep thinking. So he asked, “What’s the matter?”

“We are thinking of the creation of Allah.”

“Very well, think of Allah’s creations, but not about how He might have come first lest it should inject bizarre thoughts.”

Then the Prophet (PBUH) said, “Let it be known to you, (pointing at west horizon) there’s a white Earth there. Sun is 40 times brighter there. There exists a creation of Allah, none of them have ever gone astray.”

The companions said, “Where’s Satan then, to them?”

“They do not know of creation of Satan.”

“Are they humans? Children of Adam?”

“No,” the Prophet (PBUH) replied, “they even don’t know of Adam.”

Slfheinn, Kazemi and shia farm girl like this

1 hour ago, Bazzi_ said:

Easy enough, why did god create them, why are they there

I knew the following about Jupiter, found a link to back it up:

Some astronomers believe that one reason Earth is habitable is that the gravity of Jupiter does help protect us from some comets. Long-period comets, in particular, enter the solar system from its outer reaches. Jupiter’s gravity is thought to sling most of these fast-moving ice balls out of the solar system before they can get close to Earth.

http://earthsky.org/space/is-it-true-that-jupiter-protects-earth

On my blog you'll see a post about Haji's God Hypothesis and one of the points made there is to do with various resources that man has used in our development which have been at the right place at the right time.

Extrapolating, the same goes for the planets.

2 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

I knew the following about Jupiter, found a link to back it up:

http://earthsky.org/space/is-it-true-that-jupiter-protects-earth

On my blog you'll see a post about Haji's God Hypothesis and one of the points made there is to do with various resources that man has used in our development which have been at the right place at the right time.

Extrapolating, the same goes for the planets.

That kinda circles back to the question of why? So Jupiter acts as a shield from comets, why were the comets  slung towards earth in the first place? 

Maybe I'm overthinking this, does every movement and action have divine intervention 

shia farm girl likes this

12 minutes ago, Bazzi_ said:

That kinda circles back to the question of why? So Jupiter acts as a shield from comets, why were the comets  slung towards earth in the first place? 

I don't know, but maybe comets carry materials that we need or will need? Maybe they protect us from some other worse danger. 

Everything has a purpose, but we might never know the purpose.

shia farm girl likes this

1 minute ago, notme said:

I don't know, but maybe comets carry materials that we need or will need? Maybe they protect us from some other worse danger. 

Everything has a purpose, but we might never know the purpose.

I know asteroids carry minerals, asteroid mining is not a new phenomena, and many companies are spending billions on these projects. This whole scenario seems to only cater to Jupiter though.

Whats ur opinion on the rest of the post?

1 minute ago, Bazzi_ said:

Whats ur opinion on the rest of the post?

I think it's probable that there are other beings out there. Every created thing was created for a reason. Nothing is just by happenstance. 

I also think we won't know in our lifetimes, but maybe someday, God willing. 

Bazzi_ likes this

6 hours ago, Bazzi_ said:

Easy enough, why did god create them, why are they there, and why are their occurrences that happen on them? The other day I was reading about an absolutely massive hurricane that occurred on an exoplanet billions of light years away from us, it was so big that it would've destroyed earth. Another example are the giant black holes scientists recently discovered that have been swallowing entire galaxies whole. What was the purpose of this giant hurricane, these black holes, these giant space explosions? Why are there super earths which are very similar to ours? Are there other life forms, namely jinns, being that this is the only other lifeform aside from angels that we know of, living out there. Are these the heavens? Could they be related to some type of omnipresent Barzakh. 

So many questions, in just a one go :) 

The short answer is:

Surah Al-Rahman, Verse 7:

وَالسَّمَاءَ رَفَعَهَا وَوَضَعَ الْمِيزَانَ

And the heaven, He raised it high, and He made the balance

Surah Al-Rahman, Verse 8:

أَلَّا تَطْغَوْا فِي الْمِيزَانِ

That you may not be inordinate in respect of the measure.

Surah Al-Rahman, Verse 9:

وَأَقِيمُوا الْوَزْنَ بِالْقِسْطِ وَلَا تُخْسِرُوا الْمِيزَانَ

And keep up the balance with equity and do not make the measure deficient.

6 hours ago, Bazzi_ said:

Hold on, do angels fit in the category of “creatures”?

Yes, they are creatures:

Surah Fatir, Verse 1:
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ فَاطِرِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ جَاعِلِ الْمَلَائِكَةِ رُسُلًا أُولِي أَجْنِحَةٍ مَّثْنَىٰ وَثُلَاثَ وَرُبَاعَ يَزِيدُ فِي الْخَلْقِ مَا يَشَاءُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

All praise is due to Allah, the Originator of the heavens and the earth, the Maker of the angels, apostles flying on wings, two, and three, and four; He increases in creation what He pleases; surely Allah has power over all things.
(English - Shakir)

Kazemi likes this

To answer the question posed by the thread title:

40:57

79:27

This is a very nice question which you have raised.

There are numerous ahadith which speak of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe. I will just quote two as a sample:

1- I asked Imam Baqir (as) about a particular saying of Allah, so he said:…perhaps you think that Allah only created this one world! Or you think that Allah didn’t create any mankind other than you?! Yes, by Allah! Allah created a thousand thousand worlds and a thousand thousand Adams, and you are in the last of those worlds and those Adams. (Al-Tawhid & Al-Khisal)

2- From Imam al-Sadiq(as): Beyond this Sun of yours there are forty other suns in which there are a great many creation, and beyond your moon there are forty moons in which there are a great many creation, they do not know whether Allah created Adam or not... (Al-Basair)

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, Abdullah1400 said:

1- I asked Imam Baqir (as) about a particular saying of Allah, so he said:…perhaps you think that Allah only created this one world! Or you think that Allah didn’t create any mankind other than you?! Yes, by Allah! Allah created a thousand thousand worlds and a thousand thousand Adams, and you are in the last of those worlds and those Adams. (Al-Tawhid & Al-Khisal)

I have heard this hadith before and if this hadith is sahih one may ask here that which Adam Allah refers to in Quran if He has created 1000x1000 Adams?

There can be more than 1 Aalam, as Al-Fatiha mentions "Alhamdo lillahe Rabbil aalimeen", plural form of Aalam is used in this verse. But what about the creation of Adam? If there were so many Adams, which one is that whom angels offered prostration? And why not Allah has mentioned this in Quran?

@Qa'im, brother once again, your help is very much needed here. If you can explain this hadith & check its asnaad as well, that will be great.

Edited by Salsabeel

This is the hadith in question, from al-Khisal and at-Tawheed:

التوحيد والخصال : عن أبيه ، عن سعد بن عبدالله ، عن محمد بن عيسى عن الحسن بن محبوب ، عن عمرو بن شمر ، عن جابر بن يزيد ، قال : سألت أبا جعفر عليه السلام عن قول الله عزوجل ( أفعيينا بالخلق الاول بل هم في لبس من خلق جديد ) فقال : يا جابر ، تأويل ذلك أن الله عزوجل إذا أفنى هذا الخلق وهذا العالم وسكن أهل الجنة الجنة ، وأهل النار النار ، جدد الله عزوجل عالما غير هذا العالم ، وجدد عالما من غير فحولة ولا إناث يعبدونه ويوحدونه ويخلق لهم أرضا غير هذه الارض تحملهم ، وسماء غير هذه السماء تظلهم ، لعلك ترى أن الله عزوجل إنما خلق هذا العالم الواحد ! أو ترى أن الله عزوجل لم يخلق بشرا غيركم ؟ ! بلى والله ، لقد خلق الله تبارك وتعالى ألف ألف عالم ، وألف ألف آدم

Imam al-Baqir [a] said, "When Allah annihilates this creation and destroys this universe; and settles the folks of Paradise in Paradise and sends the people of Hell to Hell; He will change this universe into a new universe, and will bring about fresh creation without male and female; who will worship Him and His oneness. He will create for them another Earth, which they will inhabit, and create another sky, which will shade them. Do you think that Allah has created only this Earth, and He has not created any other creation? On the contrary, by God, Allah has created one million worlds and one million Adams and you are from the last worlds and the last Adams."

Chain analysis:

Saduq's father: trustworthy
Sa`d b. `Abdillah: trustworthy
Muhammad b. `Isa: trustworthy
al-Hasan b. Mahbub: trustworthy, asHab al-ijma`
`Amr b. Shimr: Disagreed upon. He narrates in Tafsir al-Qummi and Kamil al-Ziyarat (which makes him trustworthy to some), and he was relied upon by al-Mufid, but he was weakened and accused of ghulu by Najashi.
Jabir b. Yazid al-Ju`fi: Trustworthy according to al-Khoei. Najashi said that he was confused, but he was considered trustworthy by Ibn Ghada'iri, Mufid, Tafsir al-Qummi and Kamil al-Ziyarat.

Overall I would take this hadith. There are others similar to it, Ibn Mahbub was known to verify what he narrated, and I personally have no issues with Jabir b. Yazid. `Amr b. Shimr would be the technical weak point, due to Najashi's accusation, but I personally believe that Najashi had a lower bar for what he called "ghulu", to a point where he accuses many of ghulu who others didn't accuse. Plus, the hadith passes through many big names before reaching Saduq, and there's nothing unusual about its contents, so it's good enough for me.

As for extra-terrestrial life, there are many narrations that allude to it, for example:

عن محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد ، عن أبي يحيى الواسطي ، عن عجلان بن صالح [2] قال : دخل رجل على أبي عبدالله 7 فقال له : جعلت فداك ، هذه قبة آدم؟ قال : نعم : ولله قباب كثيرة ، ألا إن خلف مغربكم هذا تسعة وثلاثون مغربا أرضا بيضاء مملوة خلقا يستضيئون بنوره ، لم يعصوا الله عزوجل طرفة عين ما يدرون خلق آدم أم لم يخلق ، يبرؤن من فلان وفلان 

A man came to Imam Ja`far [a] and said, "May I be your sacrifice! Is this [atmosphere] the dome of Adam?" The Imam said, "Yes. For Allah, there are many domes. Surely, behind this sunset of yours, there are thirty nine sunsets. There is a white planet that is illuminated by His light, and it is filled with creatures that do not disobey Allah for a moment. They do not know whether or not Adam was created. They disassociate from the two." (al-Kafi, 8th Volume)

I feel a tad jealous now, to be honest. Those other creations have no Satan to deal with, no capitalism, no global enforcers of imperialism, no US no ISIS no Israel. No Illuminati and no lewd media. No perpetual taxes and no patents on drinking water, That's why they never go astray. :(

Pearl178 and shia farm girl like this

1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

I feel a tad jealous now, to be honest. Those other creations have no Satan to deal with, no capitalism, no global enforcers of imperialism, no US no ISIS no Israel. No Illuminati and no lewd media. No perpetual taxes and no patents on drinking water, That's why they never go astray. :(

Well...... maybe that don't have free will?

49 minutes ago, Bazzi_ said:

Well...... maybe that don't have free will?

And we do? If you have free will, skip school or your job and prove it to yourself.

8 hours ago, Qa'im said:

This is the hadith in question, from al-Khisal and at-Tawheed:

التوحيد والخصال : عن أبيه ، عن سعد بن عبدالله ، عن محمد بن عيسى عن الحسن بن محبوب ، عن عمرو بن شمر ، عن جابر بن يزيد ، قال : سألت أبا جعفر عليه السلام عن قول الله عزوجل ( أفعيينا بالخلق الاول بل هم في لبس من خلق جديد ) فقال : يا جابر ، تأويل ذلك أن الله عزوجل إذا أفنى هذا الخلق وهذا العالم وسكن أهل الجنة الجنة ، وأهل النار النار ، جدد الله عزوجل عالما غير هذا العالم ، وجدد عالما من غير فحولة ولا إناث يعبدونه ويوحدونه ويخلق لهم أرضا غير هذه الارض تحملهم ، وسماء غير هذه السماء تظلهم ، لعلك ترى أن الله عزوجل إنما خلق هذا العالم الواحد ! أو ترى أن الله عزوجل لم يخلق بشرا غيركم ؟ ! بلى والله ، لقد خلق الله تبارك وتعالى ألف ألف عالم ، وألف ألف آدم

Imam al-Baqir [a] said, "When Allah annihilates this creation and destroys this universe; and settles the folks of Paradise in Paradise and sends the people of Hell to Hell; He will change this universe into a new universe, and will bring about fresh creation without male and female; who will worship Him and His oneness. He will create for them another Earth, which they will inhabit, and create another sky, which will shade them. Do you think that Allah has created only this Earth, and He has not created any other creation? On the contrary, by God, Allah has created one million worlds and one million Adams and you are from the last worlds and the last Adams."

Chain analysis:

Saduq's father: trustworthy
Sa`d b. `Abdillah: trustworthy
Muhammad b. `Isa: trustworthy
al-Hasan b. Mahbub: trustworthy, asHab al-ijma`
`Amr b. Shimr: Disagreed upon. He narrates in Tafsir al-Qummi and Kamil al-Ziyarat (which makes him trustworthy to some), and he was relied upon by al-Mufid, but he was weakened and accused of ghulu by Najashi.
Jabir b. Yazid al-Ju`fi: Trustworthy according to al-Khoei. Najashi said that he was confused, but he was considered trustworthy by Ibn Ghada'iri, Mufid, Tafsir al-Qummi and Kamil al-Ziyarat.

Overall I would take this hadith. There are others similar to it, Ibn Mahbub was known to verify what he narrated, and I personally have no issues with Jabir b. Yazid. `Amr b. Shimr would be the technical weak point, due to Najashi's accusation, but I personally believe that Najashi had a lower bar for what he called "ghulu", to a point where he accuses many of ghulu who others didn't accuse. Plus, the hadith passes through many big names before reaching Saduq, and there's nothing unusual about its contents, so it's good enough for me.

As for extra-terrestrial life, there are many narrations that allude to it, for example:

عن محمد بن يحيى ، عن أحمد بن محمد ، عن أبي يحيى الواسطي ، عن عجلان بن صالح [2] قال : دخل رجل على أبي عبدالله 7 فقال له : جعلت فداك ، هذه قبة آدم؟ قال : نعم : ولله قباب كثيرة ، ألا إن خلف مغربكم هذا تسعة وثلاثون مغربا أرضا بيضاء مملوة خلقا يستضيئون بنوره ، لم يعصوا الله عزوجل طرفة عين ما يدرون خلق آدم أم لم يخلق ، يبرؤن من فلان وفلان 

A man came to Imam Ja`far [a] and said, "May I be your sacrifice! Is this [atmosphere] the dome of Adam?" The Imam said, "Yes. For Allah, there are many domes. Surely, behind this sunset of yours, there are thirty nine sunsets. There is a white planet that is illuminated by His light, and it is filled with creatures that do not disobey Allah for a moment. They do not know whether or not Adam was created. They disassociate from the two." (al-Kafi, 8th Volume)

So nice of you brother, appreciate!

But these two ahadith seems as they are contradicting each other.

3 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

But these two ahadith seems as they are contradicting each other.

No, the creature in the latter hadith are not Banu Adam, they are something else. The million adams in the first hadith are understood to be adams that precede our Adam.

12 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

The million adams in the first hadith are understood to be adams that precede our Adam.

Whenever I tried to understand this hadith, I failed every time. Evolutionary history of modern humans takes back to the dead end, it takes us back to common ancestor and you can see in the picture below, what is the problem. There will be no Adam for chimps for sure.

This is a puzzle for me, how we understand this verse of Quran:

وَلَقَدْ عَلِمْتُمُ النَّشْأَةَ الْأُولَى فَلَوْلَا تَذكَّرُونَ
And certainly you know the first growth, why do you not then mind? (56:62)

Image result for Human evolution stages

41 minutes ago, Salsabeel said:

Whenever I tried to understand this hadith, I failed every time. Evolutionary history of modern humans takes back to the dead end, it takes us back to common ancestor and you can see in the picture below, what is the problem. There will be no Adam for chimps for sure.

I don't think the hadith is talking about 1 million hominid/chimpanzee Adams, I believe it is talking about 1 million creations before this one, each of which had an Adam. And Allah knows best.

13 minutes ago, Qa'im said:

I believe it is talking about 1 million creations before this one, each of which had an Adam.

Yes, I can view it brother (Please don't take me wrong. I am just asking you these questions may be you can quote another hadith which might help me understand this matter. Or I simply quit thinking on these holy words and just believe in them as they are).

The problem is out of 1 million Adams, which one Allah (s.w.t) created in heaven with His two hands. Are we the "Khalqin Jadeed" from the previous human like beings living on earth ("by a change" as mentioned in 76:28) or are we created separately (from black altered mud, from which Allah created Adam)?

"If He pleases, He will take you off and bring a new generation" (35:16)
"Were We then fatigued with the first creation? Yet are they in doubt with regard to a new creation" (50:15)
"We created them and made firm their make, and when We please We will bring in their place the likes of them by a change" (76:28)

Second problem is that, How many out of 1 million Adams were the messenger of Allah?  

If I read science to understand these ahadith, it will take me nowhere. If I read Quran to understand these ahadith, I don't find any verse which gives a clue of more than 1 Adam.

Is there any verse referred by Imam in any similar sort of hadith? It will give me a proper direction for thinking.

And please excuse me, if I am annoying you. I really don't mean it brother. I respect you a lot.  

On 5/19/2017 at 7:57 PM, Darth Vader said:

And we do? If you have free will, skip school or your job and prove it to yourself.

WUT......... I skip university at least twice a week. Walked out on my last two jobs.

I think burning bridges with my past employers won't bring too much harm until I graduate.