Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī

Does this mean we shouldn't fear Allah?

Rate this topic

38 minutes ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

hadith3.png

Imam Hussain (as) sacrificed everything not out of fear of Allah or reward of Heaven but out of pure love for Allah.

His companions sacrificed themselves not out of fear of Allah or reward of Heaven but out of pure love for Imam Hussain (as) and Allah of course That is why death was as sweet as honey for them.

And this was this perfect love that gave Imam Hussain (as) the title of nafs-e-muthmaina. One with whom Allah is satisfied.

Imam Ali [as] said: Verily, some people worshipped Allah being desirous (Of His reward) – so this is the worship of traders; and some people worshipped Allah fearing (His punishment) – so it is the worship of slaves, and a group worshipped Allah in gratitude (to Him) so this is the worship of the free. (Nahju ‘I-balaghah)

We must still fear AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, but the point of the imams (alayhum assalam ) is that we must not only fear Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, but also love Him ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì

2 hours ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

hadith3.png

1 hour ago, Qa'im said:

How many of us even attain the level of the slave? May Allah make us slaves, labourers, and lovers of Allah.

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

Imam Hussain (as) sacrificed everything not out of fear of Allah or reward of Heaven but out of pure love for Allah.

His companions sacrificed themselves not out of fear of Allah or reward of Heaven but out of pure love for Imam Hussain (as) and Allah of course That is why death was as sweet as honey for them.

And this was this perfect love that gave Imam Hussain (as) the title of nafs-e-muthmaina. One with whom Allah is satisfied.

1 hour ago, Hussaini624 said:

Imam Ali [as] said: Verily, some people worshipped Allah being desirous (Of His reward) – so this is the worship of traders; and some people worshipped Allah fearing (His punishment) – so it is the worship of slaves, and a group worshipped Allah in gratitude (to Him) so this is the worship of the free. (Nahju ‘I-balaghah)

We must still fear AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, but the point of the imams (alayhum assalam ) is that we must not only fear Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì, but also love Him ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì

The whole "fear" things always had me uneasy when I was a kid because I never knew what it meant growing up, I always questioned it. Much later in life, I'm almost certain I have the understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong. When we talk about fear, it is fear in the sense of bringing out gods displeasure, transgression against his laws, and receiving his punishment. So, say I'm at a dinner with friends, and a bottle of wine is brought out, and I'm a offered a glass. In that moment, I feel a strong sense of "fear", as there is something in which god has prohibited right in front of me, and which has great punishment, immediately, I cease and desist in "fear". If I'm with some coworkers and they decide they want to go to a place which god deemed illegal for me to enter (you know what I'm talking about) I fear god and his punishment, so once again, I cease and desist.

Fear of ones sins, right? 

Edited by Bazzi_

41 minutes ago, Bazzi_ said:

The whole "fear" things always had me uneasy when I was a kid because I never knew what it meant growing up, I always questioned it. Much later in life, I'm almost certain I have the understanding, please correct me if I'm wrong. When we talk about fear, it is fear in the sense of bringing out gods displeasure, transgression against his laws, and receiving his punishment. So, say I'm at a dinner with friends, and a bottle of wine is brought out, and I'm a offered a glass. In that moment, I feel a strong sense of "fear", as there is something in which god has prohibited right in front of me, and which has great punishment, immediately, I cease and desist in "fear". If I'm with some coworkers and they decide they want to go to a place which god deemed illegal for me to enter (you know what I'm talking about) I fear god and his punishment, so once again, I cease and desist.

Fear of ones sins, right? 

yes brother.

The fear of disappointing someone that you love so much.

Fear his Wrath but remember that He chose to call himself Rahman and Raheem before anything else. 

Those who fall in love invariably "fear" their beloved's response.  The heart skips a beat and nervousness sets in.  

Traditions mention that the Imams would turn pale, and they would tremble out of fear of God while they would pray or while performing wudhu.  

On 5/18/2017 at 5:18 AM, eThErEaL said:

Those who fall in love invariably "fear" their beloved's response.  The heart skips a beat and nervousness sets in.  

Traditions mention that the Imams would turn pale, and they would tremble out of fear of God while they would pray or while performing wudhu.  

...... E, very off topic but, are you an atheist? Agnostic?

On 5/16/2017 at 3:59 PM, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

hadith3.png

On 5/18/2017 at 5:18 AM, eThErEaL said:

There is no fear greater than the fear of the unknown, and God always starts as an the biggest unknown for man. But knowledge conquers fear, but to reach the level of knowledge to conquer all unknowns is no easy task so for most, worship is based on fear of a God they know to be more powerful than them, and similarly with those who base their worship on desire for heaven. However for those who do attain the knowledge, whether Imam or not, they achieve the type of certainty and understanding of God's justice that there is nothing left to fear. Or better put, there comes a point where fear/love/knowledge of God will result in a worship that can no longer be distinguished. All three are present simultaneously to create something entirely different. Because you can never fully know God to not fear him, but you know him enough to love him, and you can't really fear of you love. It is almost like mixing two hydrogens and an oxygen gas molecules and arriving at water. Entirely different in almost every way from its constituents and much more beneficial. My friends, that is the type of faith that makes an event like Karbala possible. When being massacred with your family becomes the path of least resistance compared to any shortcomings in your duty to your God, well that is the only thing God permitted you to envy and the only reason Envy was created in the first place. May God grant us all a share of that type of mercy of God.

13 hours ago, Prince of spacetime said:

There is no fear greater than the fear of the unknown, and God always starts as an the biggest unknown for man. But knowledge conquers fear, but to reach the level of knowledge to conquer all unknowns is no easy task so for most, worship is based on fear of a God they know to be more powerful than them, and similarly with those who base their worship on desire for heaven. However for those who do attain the knowledge, whether Imam or not, they achieve the type of certainty and understanding of God's justice that there is nothing left to fear. Or better put, there comes a point where fear/love/knowledge of God will result in a worship that can no longer be distinguished. All three are present simultaneously to create something entirely different. Because you can never fully know God to not fear him, but you know him enough to love him, and you can't really fear of you love. It is almost like mixing two hydrogens and an oxygen gas molecules and arriving at water. Entirely different in almost every way from its constituents and much more beneficial. My friends, that is the type of faith that makes an event like Karbala possible. When being massacred with your family becomes the path of least resistance compared to any shortcomings in your duty to your God, well that is the only thing God permitted you to envy and the only reason Envy was created in the first place. May God grant us all a share of that type of mercy of God.

well said, mashallah.

Thank you.

On 5/20/2017 at 9:13 PM, Bazzi_ said:

...... E, very off topic but, are you an atheist? Agnostic?

It depends on what we mean by "God"..?

11 minutes ago, Ibn Al-Shahid said:

Why?

The co-existence of fear and hope, and in some cases love, in respect to Allah (awj), should not be a source of confusion as this phenomenon permeates all relationships of love to varying degrees. However, because of its over-conspicuousness, we are blind to it. It must be noted that even as routine a matter as walking is the result of fear, hope, and love, for without hope we will not embark on walking, and without walking, we will not reach out destination, and without fear we will not exercise caution and thus will be hurt, and again will fail to reach our destination. This issue becomes all the more clear when using automobiles, electrical appliances, incendiaries, etc. for we take pleasure in using them, but if our usage is not contained and tempered by fear and caution, using them might end in our destruction.

Therefore, it is correct to say that one must fear Allah (awj), love Him, and have hope in Him all at the same time. For loving Him and having hope in Him will bring about harmony on the one hand, and will on the other hand, compel us to take action, struggle, and push forth in our endeavour to acquire the elements that will secure His satisfaction and ultimately lead to being blessed by His effusions, graces, and bounties in this world and the hereafter. His fear will evoke humility and servility; it will strengthen the spirit of obedience and preclude us from committing sins that might otherwise incur Allah’s (awj) wrath and chastisement.

This coexistence of fear and hope in this world—the world of cultivation and striving which calls for being vigilant, for guarding the fruit [of our endeavours] so that we may benefit from them in the hereafter wherein there will be no need for caution as it is not the abode for cultivation and striving but that of harvesting—for ordinary people will lead to a serenity in the hereafter which will be free of any trace of fear and anguish. Fear alone will entail despondency, spiritlessness and depression. Hope and love alone will result in being deceived by our base spirits, in boldness toward Allah (awj) and sin. Thus neither of the results of fear or hope is desirable when taken individually and without being harnessed by the other.

1 hour ago, Hassan- said:

You slipped when you said "both". We should be afraid of Allah (s.w.t) being displeased with us. For if the only way for Allah to be pleased with us is by sending his punishment to purify us then we should welcome it with open arms for the sake of his acceptance 

On 5/22/2017 at 9:21 PM, Bazzi_ said:

Well, whats ur definition of "God"?

To define is to make finite or to limit.  So, if God can be defined then I am an Atheist.