Salam brothers and sisters.

we all heard once at least that Ramadan is the best time for duas to get accepted. Is it true ? And if so, is it not selfish ? Because we should do things to get closer to God, and making dua for our own desires (I'am not talking about the ones where we ask God forgiveness and thank Him), is it not considered as selfish ?

Thank you very much.

Worship for the sake of reward or fear of punishment is better than none at all, but the best is worship from love of the One being worshipped. 

It is true that making dua is better that not making one at all but I want to be sure bc I read that when we break our fast most of us are unaware of this great blessing (which is getting all your wish granted) bc we are to busy thinking about food at this time. I wanted to be sure that it's not just a story and that's true bc it's such a blessing from God so please if someone can help, don't hesitate.

Don't just limit your dua for yourself. Always Include others in your dua. The following story is from the life of Allama Tabatabai (ra):

I had written a paper on Imamat and presented it to ‘Allamah Tabataba’i, saying, “occasionally when you are tired of studying and discussion, in the name of relaxation or as they say, for a recess (zange tafrih) have a look at this paper of mine as well”.

He kindly agreed and read the paper from beginning to end, word for word. After some time he said, “I have seen it in its entirety”. When I went to pick it up from him, he made an objection saying that in a particular place in the paper you have made a personal prayer only for yourself. I had narrated a hadith, and after the narration of the hadith and a commentary on it, I had written “O God, bequeath the ability to understand the signs of God to this being”!

He [‘Allamah] said, “why have you made this personal prayer? Why have you not included others in your invocation for Divine sustenance?” Then he said to me, “as far as I am aware, I have never made a personal prayer only for myself”.

-Ayatullah Jawadi Amuli

ali_fatheroforphans: thank you for your reply and I always try as much as I can to ask God to grant my family, and friends wishes and to forgive them. But what I was asking is you know sometimes you have personal wishes, I was just asking if it's true that Allah accepts those duas too in Ramadan... like i said, i have read more than once that when you break your fast, Allah will answer your dua.

4 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

Recite this dua after every obligatory prayer during Ramadan.

Salam. 

Do you have the translation for this dua? Or its name? I can't read arabic. Thank you.

On 5/26/2017 at 5:37 PM, ss99 said:

Do you have the translation for this dua? Or its name? I can't read arabic. 

Salam. This video of the Ramadan dua "Ya Aliyo ya Azeem" has English subtitles:  

7 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

Salam. This video of the Ramadan dua "Ya Aliyo ya Azeem" has English subtitles:  

Salam. Thank you! May Allah accept your fast and all your prayers and duas.