Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī

where are muhkam verses of imamate?

Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

This ayah referring to Adam(AS) and not the concept of imamate, if you go to the next verse you will see:

And He taught Adam the names - all of them. Then He showed them to the angels and said, "Inform Me of the names of these, if you are truthful."

وَعَلَّمَ آدَمَ الْأَسْمَاءَ كُلَّهَا ثُمَّ عَرَضَهُمْ عَلَى الْمَلَائِكَةِ فَقَالَ أَنبِئُونِي بِأَسْمَاءِ هَٰؤُلَاءِ إِن كُنتُمْ صَادِقِينَ - 2:31

وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ إِنِّي جَاعِلٌ فِي الْأَرْضِ خَلِيفَةً ۖ قَالُوا أَتَجْعَلُ فِيهَا مَنْ يُفْسِدُ فِيهَا وَيَسْفِكُ الدِّمَاءَ وَنَحْنُ نُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدِكَ وَنُقَدِّسُ لَكَ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّي أَعْلَمُ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ {30}

[Shakir 2:30] And when your Lord said to the angels, I am going to place in the earth a khalif, they said: What! wilt Thou place in it such as shall make mischief in it and shed blood, and we celebrate Thy praise and extol Thy holiness? He said: Surely I know what you do not know.
[Pickthal 2:30] And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not.
[Yusufali 2:30] Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

I am a Layman, so I will use words that layman use so do not take everythings so literally, understand the concepts.

Qur'an 2:30 is referring to the Concept of Allah(awj) Khalifa/Viceroy/Vicegerent on Earth. [With out any Time Limits].

It is clear that Allah[awj] Assigns the Post(s). Khalifa/Viceroy/Vicegerent (Rasool,Messenger, Prophet,Imam(1:24) , Guardian, Wali(5:55) ),.....Anything Official is assigned by Allah(awj)

Even the Angels do not have the right to choose his Khalifa/Viceroy/Vicegerent (Rasool,Messengers, Prophets, Imam, Wali). 

This is all basic and common sense, that If someone is to represent Allah(awj) on Earth. He is Appointed to that office/post by Allah(awj). 

Some posts/offices/titles have time limits, Rasool, Messengers and Prophets- Ending with the Seal of the Prophets Muhammad(peace be upon him and his Progeny), Some do not like Guardian, Wali or Imam......

In 2:30 Allah(awj) Appointed His Khalifa on Earth. Did this Khalifat ended or did you see a clause that it will be the job of the people to appoint a Allah(awj) Khalifa/Representative/Viceroy/Vicegerent after the Seal of Prophets Muhammad(peace be upon him and his progeny)?

In 2:31- Knowledge comes only from Allah(awj) to his Representative/Khalifa/Viceroy/Vicegerent/Rasool,Messenger, Prophet, Guardian/Imam/Wali - Not even Angels are aware of it. 

In 2:31 what and who are these Name and How does these Names answer the question/concern raised by the angels in 2:30?

1 hour ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

After the end of prophet hood, commands of Allah mean the Quran. 

هُوَ الَّذِي أَنْزَلَ عَلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ مِنْهُ آيَاتٌ مُحْكَمَاتٌ هُنَّ أُمُّ الْكِتَابِ وَأُخَرُ مُتَشَابِهَاتٌ ۖ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ فِي قُلُوبِهِمْ زَيْغٌ فَيَتَّبِعُونَ مَا تَشَابَهَ مِنْهُ ابْتِغَاءَ الْفِتْنَةِ وَابْتِغَاءَ تَأْوِيلِهِ ۗ وَمَا يَعْلَمُ تَأْوِيلَهُ إِلَّا اللَّهُ ۗ وَالرَّاسِخُونَ فِي الْعِلْمِ يَقُولُونَ آمَنَّا بِهِ كُلٌّ مِنْ عِنْدِ رَبِّنَا ۗ وَمَا يَذَّكَّرُ إِلَّا أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ {7}

[Pickthal 3:7] He it is Who hath revealed unto thee (Muhammad) the Scripture wherein are clear revelations - they are the substance of the Book - and others (which are) allegorical. But those in whose hearts is doubt pursue, forsooth, that which is allegorical seeking (to cause) dissension by seeking to explain it. None knoweth its explanation save Allah. And those who are of sound instruction say: We believe therein; the whole is from our Lord; but only men of understanding really heed.

Can you now give your version of correct "construction", of Verse 3:7 - as you posted it earlier on Page 1 and Explain in light of your quote?

Edited by S.M.H.A.

Any non prophet from off-spring of Ibrahim a.s who also become Imam?

Do you not know them? Do you not know the 12 Imams?

Any verse on this from Quran?

شَهِدَ اللّهُ أَنَّهُ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ وَالْمَلاَئِكَةُ وَأُوْلُواْ الْعِلْمِ قَآئِمَاً بِالْقِسْطِ لاَ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ

Allah bears witness that there is no god but He, and (so do) the angels and those possessed of knowledge, maintaining His creation with justice; there is no god but He, the Mighty, the Wise (3:18)

Allah himself bears witness to His own unity. It is His infinite mercy that He makes known His self-subsisting and everliving existence (wajib ul wujud) to His created beings who, otherwise, could never know anything about Him. See commentary of verse 255 of al Baqarah. The finite created beings can only say that there is no god save Allah.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

In this verse shahadat (bearing witness) has been restricted to Allah, the angels and those endowed with (divine) knowledge, although in many other verses it is stated that every being in the heavens and the earth glorifies Allah and bears witness to His unity (tawhid). The restriction is justified because, in this verse, shahadat has been used in the sense of a particular knowledge which contains perceptual insight to realise the truth of His tawhid Allah directly knows that "there is no god save He", because He is the known, the knowing and the knower. Those who have attained the perceptual insight of the realisation of truth, by complete mental absorption of the absolute, possess the same quality of knowledge. Whoever reaches this stage naturally becomes entitled to bear witness over His creation. In the Quran such witnesses have been described as shuhada. In verses 41 of al-Nisa and 89 of al Nahl, Allah says that He will call the Holy Prophet as witness over other witnesses.

For ulul ilm (those endowed with divine knowledge) see commentary of rasikhuna fil ilm in verse 7 of this surah.

Qa-iman bil qist means that Allah is the vigilant, enduring and (ever) lasting upholder and maintainer of justice.

Any unjust being, or any being with an iota of iniquity, can never be God, because if arbitrariness had been applied as a primary force to effect and control the universe, no law, physical as well as social, devoid of reason and equity, would be valid and operative. In that case, God could not have an essential existence to be proved by reason, but a contingency that might or might not exist. So it is an imperative fact that absolute justice is ingrained and implanted in the activity of the active factor. Absolute justice, by itself, is one of the aspects of the infinite mercy of the almighty Lord, which regulates and manages His kingdom, the whole universe. It is essentially evident in His every will and act.

He has prescribed for Himself mercy, (An-am: 12)

Justice is one of the 5 fundamental doctrines of Islam-Original, Shi-aism. It distinguishes Shi-a faith from other schools of thought. The 5 roots of the faith (usul al din) are given below:

(1)Tawhid: There is no god save Allah.

(2)Adl: Allah is all-just.

(3)Risalat: The prophets or messengers of Allah, appointed by Him, were truthful, holy and infallible. The last messenger of Allah, the seal of prophethood, is Muhammad al Mustafa.

(4) Imamat: After the Holy Prophet, the office of the prophethood was terminated, but the divine guidance continued, for which Allah appointed the twelve Imams in the progeny of the Holy Prophet.

(5) Qiyamat: The day of final judgement.

Faith in Allah's justice is essential. The laws made by Him to operate the universe are precise and decisive. These are bound by rules based upon justice, and are not arbitrarily changed. That is why there is complete harmony in the working of the whole creation, otherwise there would have been chaos and confusion. All Allah's acts are just and right.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

If qa-iman bil qist is treated as the adverbial clause qualifying the state of ulul ilm (those endowed with knowledge), then grammatically it should have been in plural, therefore, it is true that it qualifies the state of the divine unity. It lays stress on the interrelation between the unity of His essence and His justice, which, as His all embracing attribute, defines and determines His action, and reflects itself in all His attributes. The source of all the attributes manifesting in His justice is the unity of His essence. According to the Holy Prophet the structure of the whole universe stands on the foundation of His justice. So none can perceive Him and His unity unless one upholds and maintains justice. Justice is with unity and unity is with justice. They are correlative and inseparable. Islam teaches us that all excellences flow from the sublime source of justice and all vices proceed from the base root of injustice-see Nisa: 135; Ma-idah: 8; and Hadid :25.

In verse 7 of this surah the Quran refers to the decisive verses (muhkamat) as the essence of the book, in the light of which all the other complex verses (mutashabihat) should be interpreted. In view of the interrelation between the unity of His essence and His justice, all the verses in His book of creation and in His book of legislation should be interpreted in a manner which must always be in harmony with the unity of His essence and His justice. The logical method, prescribed by the Quran, is to proceed from the known to the unknown. As the whole universe stands on the basis of the unity and justice of the absolute, it is essential to prescribe justice (adl) as the second article of faith, immediately after tawhid, the first article of faith.

2 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

In the off-springs of Prophet Ibrahim a.s. who were also prophets, including Ibrahim a.s himself. Any non prophet from off-spring of Ibrahim a.s who also become Imam? Any verse on this from Quran?

Allah AWJ promise for Imamte is that "I will pious as Imams", So, Allah AWJ did not say that I will only make "Prophets as Imams". Now, you see that your Caliphs were not pious and yet your claim that they were Imams is wrong, because Allah's promise is with "Pious and good-doers" and "Our 12 Imams are same as promised by Allah". :clap:

2 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Anfal 11

إِذْ يُغَشِّيكُمُ النُّعَاسَ أَمَنَةً مِنْهُ وَيُنَزِّلُ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ بِهِ وَيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمْ رِجْزَ الشَّيْطَانِ وَلِيَرْبِطَ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِكُمْ وَيُثَبِّتَ بِهِ الْأَقْدَامَ

Remember (before the battle of Badr) when He caused drowsiness to overcome you as an assurance from Himself, and sent down water from the sky to cleanse you and to remove from you the uncleanliness caused by Shaitan, to strengthen your hearts and to steady your feet therewith.

Maida 6

مَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ حَرَجٍ وَلَٰكِنْ يُرِيدُ لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ وَلِيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ

Allah does not wish to burden you; He only wishes to purify you and to perfect His favor upon you, so that you may be thankful.

Whenever, Allah AWJ speaks about things like that it is meant for those people who have "restive" in hearts and consider it to be difficult to fulfill the divine commands due to nafs-e-Amara and when such thing is attributed, it implies to people like us who are unable to conquer our Nafs but are constantly in fighting against him. But Prophet PBUHHP and Ahlebait a.s could not be attributed to these verses because Shaitan implies to them while speaking to God which God has revealed to us in Quran: "I will pervert some among your creation except those who are your chosen ones". So, they are already chosen ones. :clap:

6 hours ago, Salsabeel said:

وَإِذِ ابْتَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا قَالَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي قَالَ لاَ يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ

"I will make you Imam of men"
"My COVENANT does not include the unjust"

@Qa'im, @Ozzy, @shiaman14, @Lover of Ahlulbait (ams), @Sindbad05, @iraqi_shia, @Mansur Bakhtiari, @skyweb1987, @Faruk

The following links include the  verses of Quran and  describe the concept of the religion of Ibrahim with  leaders / Imams chosen by Allah swt.

Similarly  the hadith of the prophet saww based on this principle described in quran confirm the presence of 12 Imams from the progeny of the prophet saww.

The details can be seen at the given links:

Wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

8 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Anfal 11

إِذْ يُغَشِّيكُمُ النُّعَاسَ أَمَنَةً مِنْهُ وَيُنَزِّلُ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ بِهِ وَيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمْ رِجْزَ الشَّيْطَانِ وَلِيَرْبِطَ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِكُمْ وَيُثَبِّتَ بِهِ الْأَقْدَامَ

Remember (before the battle of Badr) when He caused drowsiness to overcome you as an assurance from Himself, and sent down water from the sky to cleanse you and to remove from you the uncleanliness caused by Shaitan, to strengthen your hearts and to steady your feet therewith.

tafser ibne katheer :
Rain falls on the Ev

`Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said, "When the Prophet arrived at Badr, he made camp. At the time, there was a sandy piece of land between the idolators and the water (the wells at Badr). Muslims felt weak and the Shaytan cast frustration into their hearts. He whispered to them, `You claim that you are Allah's supporters and that His Messenger is among you! However, the idolators have taken over the water resource from you, while you pray needing purity.' Allah sent down heavy rain, allowing the Muslims to drink and use it for purity. Allah also removed Shaytan's whisper and made the sand firm when rain fell on it,...

So the question arises here that why the companions become trap of the whisper of the shaitan if they are of the truthful followers of the prophet saww?

it was only mercy that thy sent down the rain to remove that whipper from them. Nothing special virtue of companions is proven by the incident.

8 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Maida 6

مَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ حَرَجٍ وَلَٰكِنْ يُرِيدُ لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ وَلِيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُعَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ

Allah does not wish to burden you; He only wishes to purify you and to perfect His favor upon you, so that you may be thankful.

The verses before this verse only mention that wudu, and n tayamum should be made 

The question arise here that can making wudu lead an ordinary muslsim to the excellence level of virtues as mentioned for Ahl albayt in verse of purification (last part of 33;33) by removing all blemishes leading to the perfect purification?

Can an ordinary musslim by making wudu alone be raised to the level of purification of the prophet Muhammad saww who himself is coveted under the scope of verse of purification?

Wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

On 5/17/2017 at 11:54 PM, S.M.H.A. said:

Tradition of the Two Weighty Things (thaqalayn)

The Messenger of Allah declared:

"It seems the time approached when I shall be called away (by Allah) and I shall answer that call. I am leaving for you two precious things and if you adhere to them both,  you will never go astray after me. They are the Book of Allah and my Progeny, that is my Ahlul Bayt. The two shall never separate from each other until they come to me by the Pool (of Paradise)." 

Where does this say that ahlebait a.s also know hidden meaning of verses of Quran which are muta'shabihat.

Where as 3:7 clearly says no one knows except Allah.

On 5/17/2017 at 9:33 PM, Ya Allah Madad said:

Below is the correct breakdown of sentences for above verse.

He it is Who has sent down to thee the Book:

In it are verses basic or fundamental (of established meaning); they are the foundation of the Book: others are allegorical.

But those in whose hearts is perversity follow the part thereof that is allegorical, seeking discord, and searching for its hidden meanings,

but no one knows its hidden meanings except Allah. (i.e only Allah and no one else, then starts a new statement)

And those who are firmly grounded in knowledge say: "We believe in the Book; the whole of it is from our Lord:" and none will grasp the Message except men of understanding. (i.e the ones who are firm in knowledge, instead of nitpicking and hair splitting, they believe in the Word of Allah as a whole and turn their attention to more useful things, which are muhkam and do not create fitnas or wrong beliefs out of mutashabihat).

The above we refer to those who are firmly grounded in knowledge. Ahlebayt a.s also belong to this category. In fact they are at the top in this respect.

Moreover, there are shia narrations which say there will 13 or 14 sects of lovers of ahlebait but only one of them will be on true path. It means adhering to only ahlebait will not be enough. Hadith of two weighty things says Quran and ahlebait. And Quran is thaqal e akbar of the two. In other words Quran has higher priority. So may be those deviant sects of lovers of ahlebait lack in their adhering to Quran.

On 5/17/2017 at 11:57 PM, S.M.H.A. said:
وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلَائِكَةِ إِنِّي جَاعِلٌ فِي الْأَرْضِ خَلِيفَةً ۖ قَالُوا أَتَجْعَلُ فِيهَا مَنْ يُفْسِدُ فِيهَا وَيَسْفِكُ الدِّمَاءَ وَنَحْنُ نُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدِكَ وَنُقَدِّسُ لَكَ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّي أَعْلَمُ مَا لَا تَعْلَمُونَ {30}

[Shakir 2:30] And when your Lord said to the angels, I am going to place in the earth a khalif, they said: What! wilt Thou place in it such as shall make mischief in it and shed blood, and we celebrate Thy praise and extol Thy holiness? He said: Surely I know what you do not know.
[Pickthal 2:30] And when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am about to place a viceroy in the earth, they said: Wilt thou place therein one who will do harm therein and will shed blood, while we, we hymn Thy praise and sanctify Thee? He said: Surely I know that which ye know not.
[Yusufali 2:30] Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

What is your understanding of this verse. What is this concept of Vicegerent on Earth?

Vicegerent simply means the one who acts on behalf of another. Allah is the real Master/Commander and vicegerent is His deputy, who acts on behalf of Him as per His commands. So this verse says it would be Adam a.s and his progeny who will rule this earth on behalf of Allah swt over all of His creations.

Vicegerent or caliph can also be called as ulil amr (4:59), the one who has power or authority to order/rule etc.

But there is a big difference between vicegerent/caliph/khalifah and Imam. Every Caliph is an Imam but not every Imam can become caliph. Just like every Messenger of Allah is a prophet but not every prophet is a messenger.

Moreover, anybody can become Imam (25:74). Its not limited to few. While same is not the case with caliph. For e.g lets consider ahlebayt, then apart from Imam Ali a.s and Imam Hassan a.s no one become caliph in reality. While they all were Imams of knowledge and guidance. And in future Imam Mahdi a.s will become the caliph/vicegerent.

Prophet Ibrahim a.s also did not become a caliph of his time, but he was Imam including his sons who guided people by the commands of Allah.

And We made them Imams who guided (people) by Our command, and We revealed to them the doing of good and the keeping up of prayer and the giving of the alms, and Us (alone) did they serve. Anbiya: 73.

And later Prophet Dawud a.s and Sulaiman a.s became caliphs/ulil amr/vicegerents. 

On 5/18/2017 at 5:49 AM, Salsabeel said:

2:124 was also refer to a messenger of Allah named Ibrahim a.s, and as per that verse Imamate will be given to the just ones in his progeny.

Where it is said in 2:124 that imamate will just only be limited in his progeny. and no one outside of his progeny can become an imam.

Rather 2:124 say apart from Ibrahim a.s, there will also be imams from his offspring, and this was his wish/dua. And Allah also answered his dua in Anbiya: 72 and in Ankaboot 27.

On 5/18/2017 at 5:49 AM, Salsabeel said:

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 124:
وَإِذِ ابْتَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا قَالَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي قَالَ لَا يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ

And when his Lord tried Ibrahim with certain words, he fulfilled them. He said: Surely I will make you an Imam of men. Ibrahim said: And of my offspring? My covenant does not include the unjust, said He.
(English - Shakir)

The only exception is that they should not be unjust. So anyone from progeny of anyone who is not unjust can become Imam. Now read 25:74, where Allah taught us a supplication via which we can pray to be an Imam. Instead read from 25:63-75. Here Allah swt has mentioned attributes of His true servants, verse 74 is a part of them, not isolated one.

15 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Where it is said in 2:124 that imamate will just only be limited in his progeny. and no one outside of his progeny can become an imam.

Rather 2:124 say apart from Ibrahim a.s, there will also be imams from his offspring, and this was his wish/dua. And Allah also answered his dua in Anbiya: 72 and in Ankaboot 27.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:15 AM, Salsabeel said:

How many Imams of Muttaqeen are there from the Companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)? Who announced that they are the Imams? Is there anyone in the life time of Prophet whose names were given to them by Allah? Anyone for whom Angel Jibrael came to inform Prophet to give them these names?

15 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

The only exception is that they should not be unjust. So anyone from progeny of anyone who is not unjust can become Imam. Now read 25:74, where Allah taught us a supplication via which we can pray to be an Imam. Instead read from 25:63-75. Here Allah swt has mentioned attributes of His true servants, verse 74 is a part of them, not isolated one.

So let us know who anyone from the progeny of anyone which you know as Imam?

Edited by Salsabeel

On 5/18/2017 at 11:15 AM, Salsabeel said:
On 5/18/2017 at 9:15 AM, Ya Allah Madad said:

No, concept of Imamate is not clearly mentioned in Quran.

It is better to say, concept of Imamate in Quran is not clear to you. As your whole posts shows that.

وَإِذِ ابْتَلَى إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا قَالَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي قَالَ لاَ يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ

"I will make you Imam of men"
"My COVENANT does not include the unjust"

These two sentences are sufficient to prove that there exists a "Covenant" known as "Imamate" which Allah gave to Ibrahim (a.s). It is as bright as day, no need of semantics here as it is a mohkam & clear verse in its meanings. A prophet of Allah is receiving something known as Imamate and Allah is promising here that the covenant will not go to the unjust ones in the offspring of Ibrahim (a.s)

Let me clear it first.

That by above statement I mean, imami asna ashari shia concept of mansoos minallah imamate. Which is not in Quran. There is a concept of imamate in QUran, indeed. But it is not limited to 12 or so. Its a broad one. Imam simply means a leader or an example.  You and I can also become one such (25:74).

Prophet Ibrahim a.s was made an Imam (in simple words an example to follow) for all of believers. And he is still an Imam and will be till the end of time, to whom we all believers are following. He wasnt Imam of his time only and then came other Imams from his progeny upto number 12 or so, just like imami twelvers imamate concept. Where for every time there is an Imam and everyone has to recognize Imam of his time.

There is a big big difference between shia asna ashri concept of imamah and what is mentioned in 2:124.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:15 AM, Ya Allah Madad said:

In 25:74 Allah has mentioned one attribute of pious servants. And its not limited to few people, be it 5, 7 or 12.  Its open for all. Any body can supplicate as taught by Allah and can become Imam of mutaqeen esp from his off-springs. Just like Prophet Ibrahim a.s was i.e of his sons and all other humans esp of bani israil.

:) Seems like you have some personal issues with imamate. Otherwise you will not try to dismiss your own claim quoted above i.e., "Imamate is not clearly mentioned in Quran"  So tell me, if it is not clearly mentioned in Quran, why you are saying that anyone can supplicate & can become Imam of muttaqeen?

And why you have included "anyone" here while Allah has said that "My Covenant does not include the unjust".

How many Imams of Muttaqeen are there from the Companions of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)? Who announced that they are the Imams? Is there anyone in the life time of Prophet whose names were given to them by Allah? Anyone for whom Angel Jibrael came to inform Prophet to give them these names?

Yes there are different meanings of the word Imam, but the meaning 2:124 telling us is not that you start calling Abu Hanifa is appointed Imam by Allah. Or you start claiming that Abu Bakar or Umer were Imams of Muttaqeen.

Obviously conditions will apply.

As per 25:74 anyone (verse says "and those who say", it surely include all believers). And as per 2:124 only just ones. So the concept of imamate as Quran is "anyone who is not unjust can become Imam".

All those companions who were just and have attributes like these 25:63-75. And this is open for all till the end of time.

Many verses of Quran also say there will be both good and bad Imams. So the list is in fact very big of both the bad ones and good ones. 

On 5/18/2017 at 10:10 AM, Ya Allah Madad said:

Anfal 11

إِذْ يُغَشِّيكُمُ النُّعَاسَ أَمَنَةً مِنْهُ وَيُنَزِّلُ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ بِهِ وَيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمْ رِجْزَ الشَّيْطَانِ وَلِيَرْبِطَ عَلَىٰ قُلُوبِكُمْ وَيُثَبِّتَ بِهِ الْأَقْدَامَ

Remember (before the battle of Badr) when He caused drowsiness to overcome you as an assurance from Himself, and sent down water from the sky to cleanse you and to remove from you the uncleanliness caused by Shaitan, to strengthen your hearts and to steady your feet therewith.

Maida 6

مَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ مِنْ حَرَجٍ وَلَٰكِنْ يُرِيدُ لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ وَلِيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ

Allah does not wish to burden you; He only wishes to purify you and to perfect His favor upon you, so that you may be thankful.

This is the proof that you have some personal issues with Imams. Otherwise you would not dare to compare these verses with 33:33

Verse 11 of Anfal itself says that water was sent down to purify those who wronged themselves and misguided by the Shaitan. لِيُطَهِّرَكُمْ بِهِ وَيُذْهِبَ عَنْكُمْ رِجْزَ الشَّيْطَانِ
Verse 6 of Maida describes the command of ablution & tayammum:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ إِذَا قُمْتُمْ إِلَى الصَّلاةِ فاغْسِلُواْ وُجُوهَكُمْ وَأَيْدِيَكُمْ إِلَى الْمَرَافِقِ وَامْسَحُواْ بِرُؤُوسِكُمْ وَأَرْجُلَكُمْ إِلَى الْكَعْبَينِ وَإِن كُنتُمْ جُنُبًا فَاطَّهَّرُواْ وَإِن كُنتُم مَّرْضَى أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ أَوْ جَاء أَحَدٌ مَّنكُم مِّنَ الْغَائِطِ أَوْ لاَمَسْتُمُ النِّسَاء فَلَمْ تَجِدُواْ مَاء فَتَيَمَّمُواْ صَعِيدًا طَيِّبًا فَامْسَحُواْ بِوُجُوهِكُمْ وَأَيْدِيكُم مِّنْهُ مَا يُرِيدُ اللّهُ لِيَجْعَلَ عَلَيْكُم مِّنْ حَرَجٍ وَلَـكِن يُرِيدُ لِيُطَهَّرَكُمْ وَلِيُتِمَّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ

I can see what is in your heart. I can see indeed.

No personal issues at all.

I am just asking about desires and intentions of Allah swt.

Here was my question.

On 5/18/2017 at 10:10 AM, Ya Allah Madad said:

what about these intentions and desires of Allah. Are these also eternal and does this also proves infallibility for all those addressed.

Lets make it more simple.

1. water came to purify them. Does this mean they were purified for whole of their life from shaytan.

2. in case of wudhu/tayyamum Allah also said that He only wishes to purify you. Does this also mean lifetime purification.

If such desires/intentions of Allah are not for forever then why for 33:33 it is eternal. In all such verses Allah desires in the same way.

4 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Let me clear it first.

That by above statement I mean, imami asna ashari shia concept of mansoos minallah imamate. Which is not in Quran. There is a concept of imamate in QUran, indeed. But it is not limited to 12 or so. Its a broad one. Imam simply means a leader or an example.  You and I can also become one such (25:74).

Changing goal post now :), Anyway, The concept of Imamate of Shia is also proved from Quran and it is more easy. As we not only take support from clear verses of Quran but we have the history & ahadith available with us Alhamdolillah.

Can you let us the know the names of those who were introduced as "Imams" by Rasoolullah (pbuh)?

9 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

All those companions who were just and have attributes like these 25:63-75. And this is open for all till the end of time.

Name anyone of them, other than the Ahlul Bayt (a.s) who was introduced by Prophet (pbuh) as Imam?

11 minutes ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Lets make it more simple.

1. water came to purify them. Does this mean they were purified for whole of their life from shaytan.

2. in case of wudhu/tayyamum Allah also said that He only wishes to purify you. Does this also mean lifetime purification.

If such desires/intentions of Allah are not for forever then why for 33:33 it is eternal. In all such verses Allah desires in the same way.

إِنَّمَا يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ لِيُذْهِبَ عَنكُمُ الرِّجْسَ أَهْلَ الْبَيْتِ وَيُطَهِّرَكُمْ تَطْهِيرًا
Allah only desires to keep away the uncleanness from you, O people of the House! and to purify you a (thorough) purifying (33:33)

Innama (verily or only) signifies exclusive distinction. To emphasise this exclusiveness, the second object of the verb yudh-hiba (keep off)-the phrase ankum (from you)-has been put before the first object rijs (uncleanness); and for further emphasis, the phrase Ahl ul Bayt has been mentioned to explain the pronoun ankum (from you). The grammatical structure of the whole clause indicates that this a unique privilege or distinction granted to the Ahl ul Bayt only, excluding all others.

The verb yuridu implies that the continuous will or intention of Allah is His creative will or intention, not legislative. To interpret the will as the legislative will as in Ma-idah: 6, distorts the whole fabric of the verse and renders meaningless the exclusive particle and the constructional arrangement. Even then it means that only the Ahl ul Bayt exclusively achieved the standard.

This verse is a preface to verses 77 to 79 of al Waqi-ah: "Verily this is an honourable (Karim) Quran, in a hidden (preserved) book, which no one can touch save the purified."

The excellences of Ahl ul Bayt have been openly demonstrated in the event of mubahilah (refer to the commentary of Ali Imran : 61).

The Ahl ul Bayt had only been thoroughly purified by Allah because of their total submission to Allah's will and their state of being always in communion with Allah.

Let me clear it first.

Prophet Ibrahim a.s was made an Imam (in simple words an example to follow) for all of believers. And he is still an Imam and will be till the end of time, to whom we all believers are following. He wasnt Imam of his time only and then came other Imams from his progeny upto number 12 or so, just like imami twelvers imamate concept. Where for every time there is an Imam and everyone has to recognize Imam of his time.

There is a big big difference between shia asna ashri concept of imamah and what is mentioned in 2:124.

brother the quran describes the principle for the slection of caliphs / ledaets / imams by Allah swt for the guidance of the people . There are many examples that can be quoted like Adam was chosen caliphs by Allah swt  Ibrahim AS was made an Imam by Allah swt . Like wise other examples are there in quran. they were all hosen by the Allah swt and not by the people. 

The hadith of the prophet saww clearly mention that there will be 12 caliphs / imams/ / Ameers in his nation till the hour is established. their names have been made in many narration by the prophet saww. These are evidences to confirm the concept of 12 imams. 

The prophet saww has been instructed to follow the religion of ibrahim that has the concept of tauheed, prophet hood and leaders/ imams  chosen by Allah swt. The following link provides the details for the religion of ibrahim.

If you consider otherwise then i like to get two evidences for people chosen caliphs / leaders/ imams::

1- The verse  of Quran mentioning people can choose caliphs / limams / leaders for the guidance of the people 

2- the examples from quran mentioning the names chosen as  leaders by the people for their guidance instead of Allah swt.

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

1- The water purifies the person who makes wudu or bath/  ghusal for the uncleanliness existing with the person.  this does not mean the person has been purified for the whole life but only temporarily. There are conditions which mention that Wudu breaks and the person cannot even stand for salat / namaz.

2- Same as above under sr no 1.

3- the prophet saww and his pure Ahll albayat are not purified on the basis of wudud or bath or tayamum. they are protected one and thy swt  has kept all the blemishes away from him. that why they stand at high excellence level of purification.

The following likn mention the hadith for the revelation of the verse of purification as narrated by the wives of the prophet saww.

wasalam

On 5/18/2017 at 7:25 AM, S.M.H.A. said:

I am a Layman, so I will use words that layman use so do not take everythings so literally, understand the concepts.

Qur'an 2:30 is referring to the Concept of Allah(awj) Khalifa/Viceroy/Vicegerent on Earth. [With out any Time Limits].

It is clear that Allah[awj] Assigns the Post(s). Khalifa/Viceroy/Vicegerent (Rasool,Messenger, Prophet,Imam(1:24) , Guardian, Wali(5:55) ),.....Anything Official is assigned by Allah(awj)

Even the Angels do not have the right to choose his Khalifa/Viceroy/Vicegerent (Rasool,Messengers, Prophets, Imam, Wali). 

This is all basic and common sense, that If someone is to represent Allah(awj) on Earth. He is Appointed to that office/post by Allah(awj). 

Some posts/offices/titles have time limits, Rasool, Messengers and Prophets- Ending with the Seal of the Prophets Muhammad(peace be upon him and his Progeny), Some do not like Guardian, Wali or Imam......

In 2:30 Allah(awj) Appointed His Khalifa on Earth. Did this Khalifat ended or did you see a clause that it will be the job of the people to appoint a Allah(awj) Khalifa/Representative/Viceroy/Vicegerent after the Seal of Prophets Muhammad(peace be upon him and his progeny)?

In 2:31- Knowledge comes only from Allah(awj) to his Representative/Khalifa/Viceroy/Vicegerent/Rasool,Messenger, Prophet, Guardian/Imam/Wali - Not even Angels are aware of it. 

In 2:31 what and who are these Name and How does these Names answer the question/concern raised by the angels in 2:30?

That ayah is requiring your tafseer on it. Even if it was referring to divinely appointed caliphs, how is that proving the concept of imamate? Or that the concept of imamate is superior to that of Rasol?

1 hour ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

That ayah is requiring your tafseer on it. Even if it was referring to divinely appointed caliphs, how is that proving the concept of imamate? Or that the concept of imamate is superior to that of Rasol?

وَإِذِ ابْتَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا ۖ قَالَ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِي ۖ قَالَ لَا يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ {124}

[Shakir 2:124] And when his Lord tried Ibrahim with certain words, he fulfilled them. He said: Surely I will make you an Imam of men. Ibrahim said: And of my offspring? My covenant does not include the unjust, said He.
[Pickthal 2:124] And (remember) when his Lord tried Abraham with (His) commands, and he fulfilled them, He said: Lo! I have appointed thee a leader for mankind. (Abraham) said: And of my offspring (will there be leaders)? He said: My covenant includeth not wrong-doers.
[Yusufali 2:124] And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise is not within the reach of evil-doers."

9 hours ago, Ya Allah Madad said:

Where does this say that ahlebait a.s also know hidden meaning of verses of Quran which are muta'shabihat.

Where as 3:7 clearly says no one knows except Allah.

1) is your version of the prophet a mailman delivering a message with out understanding it or able to explain it? 

2)Did Allah(awj) Transfer the Knowledge to the Seal of the Prophets Muhammad(peace be upon him and his pure progeny) ? 

3) Who did the Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him and his pure progeny) Transfer the Knowledge to ? 

Edited by S.M.H.A.

15 hours ago, S.M.H.A. said:
وَإِذِ ابْتَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا ۖ قَالَ وَمِنْ ذُرِّيَّتِي ۖ قَالَ لَا يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ {124}

[Shakir 2:124] And when his Lord tried Ibrahim with certain words, he fulfilled them. He said: Surely I will make you an Imam of men. Ibrahim said: And of my offspring? My covenant does not include the unjust, said He.
[Pickthal 2:124] And (remember) when his Lord tried Abraham with (His) commands, and he fulfilled them, He said: Lo! I have appointed thee a leader for mankind. (Abraham) said: And of my offspring (will there be leaders)? He said: My covenant includeth not wrong-doers.
[Yusufali 2:124] And remember that Abraham was tried by his Lord with certain commands, which he fulfilled: He said: "I will make thee an Imam to the Nations." He pleaded: "And also (Imams) from my offspring!" He answered: "But My Promise is not within the reach of evil-doers."

Notice the wording though, it says "an/a imam" not 'the' imam, therefore this seems to be suggesting some sort of plurality. 

The following links include the  verses of Quran and  describe the concept of the religion of Ibrahim with  leaders / Imams chosen by Allah swt.

Similarly  the hadith of the prophet saww based on this principle described in quran confirm the presence of 12 Imams from the progeny of the prophet saww.

The details can be seen at the given links

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

3 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

The details can be seen at the given links

wasalam

Salam,

I have seen this before and this narration before. The problem is this is proving my previous point. That we Shias cannot prove the concept of Imamate firmly in the Quran without the need to use the ahadeeth. Secondly the hadith doesn't provide the names of the 12 imams, therefore it is ambigious in this regards.

39 minutes ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

Salam,

I have seen this before and this narration before. The problem is this is proving my previous point. That we Shias cannot prove the concept of Imamate firmly in the Quran without the need to use the ahadeeth. Secondly the hadith doesn't provide the names of the 12 imams, therefore it is ambigious in this regards.

The verse of quran mentioned t the link provided clearly explain that he religion of Ibrahim should be followed by the prophet saww and the Muslims. this religion clearly mention the three concepts ie oneness of  Allah, prophet hood and the leaders . / imams appointed by Allah swt. these are the three concepts made in the quran . these principles has been made in the quran.. and these are valid evidences for imams chosen by Allah ie immamat.

The verses of quran proves the concept of 12 leaders chosen by Allah swt. ;like verse 4:163 that mentions 12 names of leaders . prophets chosen by Allah swt. The detail can be seen at the given link,

These is no concept of caliphs/ leaders / imams / prophets chosen by the people.in quran

The principle of immamat  is further elaborated by the hadiths of the prophets. The hadiths provides the numbers and names of the 12 imams  from the progeny of the prophet saww..

How  do you neglect the principles described in quran and take / follow the principle of caliphs/ leaders/ imam chosen by the people  that does not exist in quran?

Edited by skyweb1987

1 hour ago, skyweb1987 said:

The verse of quran mentioned t the link provided clearly explain that he religion of Ibrahim should be followed by the prophet saww and the Muslims. this religion clearly mention the three concepts ie oneness of  Allah, prophet hood and the leaders . / imams appointed by Allah swt. these are the three concepts made in the quran . these principles has been made in the quran.. and these are valid evidences for imams chosen by Allah ie immamat.

The verses of quran proves the concept of 12 leaders chosen by Allah swt. ;like verse 4:163 that mentions 12 names of leaders . prophets chosen by Allah swt. The detail can be seen at the given link,

These is no concept of caliphs/ leaders / imams / prophets chosen by the people.in quran

The principle of immamat  is further elaborated by the hadiths of the prophets. The hadiths provides the numbers and names of the 12 imams  from the progeny of the prophet saww..

How  do you neglect the principles described in quran and take / follow the principle of caliphs/ leaders/ imam chosen by the people  that does not exist in quran?

I'm not neglecting anything, the ayah is a mutashabih one, since directly it isn't stating that. It is only stating Prophet Ibrahim was an imam amongst men, it isn't talking about this being a doctrinal concept that should be carried on. 

Zalim (unjust) in the view of the Quran, is he who worships, or has worshipped a ghayrallah. Shirk (idolatry) in the words of the Quran is the greatest zulm or injustice. Therefore he who, at any time in his life, has been a mushrik (idolater) can never be an Imam. Besides the Holy Prophet there was no one, among his companions, who had not been an idol-worshipper, save his cousin, Ali ibna abi Talib, who alone could be rightfully chosen by providence "to receive the covenant of imamat". The Holy Prophet, therefore, under the command of Allah transferred the imamat to Ali, and after Ali to the eleven Imams in the progeny of Muhammad and Ali. In this way the covenant of Allah with Ibrahim was fulfilled, and in the progeny of Isma-il the twelve princes, the twelve holy Imams, were born.

http://quran.al-islam.org/

13 hours ago, Ībn Mūneer Āl-Feylī said:

I'm not neglecting anything, the ayah is a mutashabih one, since directly it isn't stating that. It is only stating Prophet Ibrahim was an imam amongst men, it isn't talking about this being a doctrinal concept that should be carried on. 

brother but you are not taking the verses of quran as given in my last post link but neglecting or not giving a thought to those

I mention these verses below:

أَفَلَا يَتَدَبَّرُونَ الْقُرْآنَ ۚ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ اللَّهِ لَوَجَدُوا فِيهِ اخْتِلَافًا كَثِيرًا
1. Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from [any] other than Allah , they would have found within it much contradiction. (4:82)

كِتَابٌ أَنزَلْنَاهُ إِلَيْكَ مُبَارَكٌ لِّيَدَّبَّرُوا آيَاتِهِ وَلِيَتَذَكَّرَ أُولُو الْأَلْبَابِ
2.  [This is] a blessed Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that they might reflect upon its verses and that those of understanding would be reminded. (38:29)

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ نَزَّلَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ ۗ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُوا فِي الْكِتَابِ لَفِي شِقَاقٍ بَعِيدٍ
3. That is [deserved by them] because Allah has sent down the Book in truth. And indeed, those who differ over the Book are in extreme dissension.(2:176)

IBRAHIM  AS AND HIS RELIGION  IN QURAN:

- وَمَنْ أَحْسَنُ دِينًا مِّمَّنْ أَسْلَمَ وَجْهَهُ لِلَّهِ وَهُوَ مُحْسِنٌ وَاتَّبَعَ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا ۗ وَاتَّخَذَ اللَّهُ إِبْرَاهِيمَ خَلِيلًا
4. And who is better in religion than one who submits himself to Allah while being a doer of good and follows the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth? And Allah took Abraham as an intimate friend. (4:125)

قُلْ صَدَقَ اللَّهُ ۗ فَاتَّبِعُوا مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
5. Say, " Allah has told the truth. So follow the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth; and he was not of the polytheists." (3:95)

Thus Quran instruct us to follow the Religion of Ibrahim.

وَإِبْرَاهِيمَ إِذْ قَالَ لِقَوْمِهِ اعْبُدُوا اللَّهَ وَاتَّقُوهُ ۖ ذَٰلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
6. And [We sent] Abraham, when he said to his people, "Worship Allah and fear Him. That is best for you, if you should know. (29:16)

وَاذْكُرْ فِي الْكِتَابِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ ۚ إِنَّهُ كَانَ صِدِّيقًا نَّبِيًّا
7. And mention in the Book [the story of] Abraham. Indeed, he was a man of truth and a prophet. (19:41)

وَإِذِ ابْتَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ رَبُّهُ بِكَلِمَاتٍ فَأَتَمَّهُنَّ ۖ قَالَ إِنِّي جَاعِلُكَ لِلنَّاسِ إِمَامًا ۖ قَالَ وَمِن ذُرِّيَّتِي ۖ قَالَ لَا يَنَالُ عَهْدِي الظَّالِمِينَ
8. And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [ Allah ] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [ Allah ] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." (2:124)

إِنَّ إِبْرَاهِيمَ كَانَ أُمَّةً قَانِتًا لِّلَّهِ حَنِيفًا وَلَمْ يَكُ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
9. Indeed, Abraham was a [comprehensive] leader, devoutly obedient to Allah , inclining toward truth, and he was not of those who associate others with Allah . (16:120)

The Religion of Ibrahim has concepts of worshiping Allah, Prophet hood and Leader (Imam) chosen by Allah. ie Imams

قُلْ إِنَّنِي هَدَانِي رَبِّي إِلَىٰ صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ دِينًا قِيَمًا مِّلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا ۚ وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ
10. Say, "Indeed, my Lord has guided me to a straight path - a correct religion - the way of Abraham, inclining toward truth. And he was not among those who associated others with Allah ." (6:161)

Our prophet has been guided to follow the religion of ibrahim having the concepts of Worship of Allah, Prophet hood and Leader chosen by Allah swt. ie Imams (not by the people).

How can you claim that doctrine of leaders / Imams chosen by the Allah swt does not exist in quran?