Islandsandmirrors

Please have Separate Sub Forums in Society

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I know, my great grandmother was Scottish, came from Glasgow. The Scottish are my people as well. Very polite and no nonsense from I remember of her.

I used to live in glasgow, loved it. Was VERY cold, snowy, windy, but fresh, very fresh, with gorgeous mountains. Scots are very down to earth, polite, but you know, no non-sense.

4 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I think we need to have a Brothers Forum and Sisters Forum again because I'm getting really annoyed that marriage and marital issues are being lumped together with periods and 1000000 masturbation topics. 

Who is with me?  

AND GENERAL DISCUSSIONS , because my topics of sunni dont belong in a sunni/shia dialogue, its not a debate between them

28 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Hey hey hey,

I'm from NorCal, close to the Bay Area, and you can definitely find good people here. The Muslims I know are very pious. Maybe it's just a negative mindset you have.

lol which part?

Just now, Yama Nemati said:

lol which part?

I'd prefer to remain anonymous, but we have a great Shia community here and a couple of Shia mosques. A woman who moved here from the Bay Area says that the community where I live is much cleaner overall. 

Just now, Islandsandmirrors said:

I'd prefer to remain anonymous, but we have a great Shia community here and a couple of Shia mosques. A woman who moved here from the Bay Area says that the community where I live is much cleaner overall. 

well where is the shia community all I know is saba center, what other shia masjids are there?

well where is the shia community all I know is saba center, what other shia masjids are there?

There are a couple, but I'd prefer not to state the names because I don't want to reveal my location.

26 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

That is expensive.

And tell me about the sisters?

they are flirting with guys all day and are very hippie like at least the majority of them.

they are flirting with guys all day and are very hippie like at least the majority of them.

Nooooooooo

We mind our own business. 

Where I live people aren't hippies.

Just now, Islandsandmirrors said:

There are a couple, but I'd prefer not to state the names because I don't want to reveal my location.

okay well I know nor cal in and out and other than saba center there is no quality shia mosque. I have been to a juma prayer once in Oakland there was like 5 ppl there so I dont know what you are talking about.

okay well I know nor cal in and out and other than saba center there is no quality shia mosque. I have been to a juma prayer once in Oakland there was like 5 ppl there so I dont know what you are talking about.

I'm not talking about Oakland and ghetto places. I'm talking about slightly smaller cities.

2 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I'm not talking about Oakland and ghetto places. I'm talking about slightly smaller cities.

ok.. well if you name any good masjids its not gonna harm you lol wth? whatever I understand there are dangers in the world I guess...

Edited by Yama Nemati

7 minutes ago, notme said:

Not feasible, and would only increase the false feeling of privacy.

How about like properly try to go to lengths to verify it, like only allow 'verified' sisters into the group who can only answer questions only a woman could possibly know?

39 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

The cali-shia girls love flirting with guys?

I dont know at least from what I have seen from the few I know unfortunately but Allah knows their intentions and its possible that they are overly friendly and dont understand how guys minds work or something. There really isnt that many anyways so its hard for me to judge the shias here in the bay area because most muslims here are sufi. That is why I am shocked to here that there are other places in this area that have strong shia communities because I havent seen any except for one in San Jose.

edit: Its possbile they have been influenced by the lgbt community because there are a lot of gays and lesbians here. So ya the bay area is not good... :confused: 

Edited by Yama Nemati

20 minutes ago, Yama Nemati said:

I dont know at least from what I have seen from the few I know unfortunately but Allah knows their intentions and its possible that they are overly friendly and dont understand how guys minds work or something. There really isnt that many anyways so its hard for me to judge the shias here in the bay area because most muslims here are sufi. That is why I am shocked to here that there are other places in this area that have strong shia communities because I havent seen any except for one in San Jose.

edit: Its possbile they have been influenced by the lgbt community because there are a lot of gays and lesbians here. So ya the bay area is not good... :confused: 

What typical characteristics do these cali shia girls have , if you could describe?

i.e laughs, body language, etc

7 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

What typical characteristics do these cali shia girls have , if you could describe?

I dont know Allahu Alam

8 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

He's just basing all girls on the San Fran area.

1 hour ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

He's just basing all girls on the San Fran area.

Honestly I am just frustrated cause I had found out one of them liked me for a long time and I asked her for marriage and got rejected and than the girl goes and flirts with hella guys in front of me so I am kinda of frustrated and upset with that so maybe I just had a bad experience with one and maybe they are all good and I just had a bad situation because the person learned bad habits from these bay area hipsters. So maybe your right and there are good ones I just havent seen any yet.

edit: O ya and then the girl calls my mom and sister and tells them that I am crazy... what kind of stupid stuff is that?

Edited by Yama Nemati

9 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I think we need to have a Brothers Forum and Sisters Forum again because I'm getting really annoyed that marriage and marital issues are being lumped together with periods and 1000000 masturbation topics. 

Who is with me?  

I am with you after a huge hahahaha...

2 hours ago, Yama Nemati said:

O ya and then the girl calls my mom and sister and tells them that I am crazy... what kind of stupid stuff is that?

That "stuff" is crazy woman material, you know what they say, stay away from crazy. Insha'Allah, you will find someone worth your time. You really should not judge people on one bad experience, it's kind of immature.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

4 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Be careful with language on the forum, just remember that you can't change people, brother. Just find someone who respects you as a man.

sorry for the bad language I didnt know we cant use those terms as jokes, I wanted to edit it out but the edit button isnt there anymore.

6 hours ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

I used to live in glasgow, loved it., with gorgeous mountains. 

There are no mountains to look at if you live in Glasgow. Some of it is a wee bit hilly but that's all about it.