Islandsandmirrors

Please have Separate Sub Forums in Society

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

@Yama Nemati @QuranandAhlulbayt

Having lived in London and US, I can tell you there is no comparison between the two.

I wouldn't move back to the UK. Too small and crowded. Weather sucks. But great chocolate.

Listen to this guy.

I would have loved them bigger houses, bigger driving spaces, bigger everything, and definitely higher quality marriage proposals.

7 minutes ago, Yama Nemati said:

hahaahha lol you misunderstood, what I meant was that men might learn that its wrong to write things about their private areas in front of other men or woman and they they might learn to be more modest and respectful.

tumblr_n0ue5wZvAb1reyd4yo1_500.gif

Lol that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification.

11 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

Listen to this guy.

I would have loved them bigger houses, bigger driving spaces, bigger everything, and definitely higher quality marriage proposals.

What, nonsense. I would have been married by now if that were true. Besides,bigger isn't always better in houses and driving spaces.

Just now, Gaius I. Caesar said:

What, nonsense. I would have been married by now if that were true. Besides,bigger isn't always better in houses and driving spaces.

This is why my heart is conflicted brother Gaius.

Two sides , it depends what one wants in life.

I always get jealous over America, but the UK is fantastic too. I guess humans want what we don't have no?

Just now, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

This is why my heart is conflicted brother Gaius.

Two sides , it depends what one wants in life.

I always get jealous over America, but the UK is fantastic too. I guess humans want what we don't have no?

There's nothing to be jealous about, America is an absolute mess right now and the health care is a complete scam.

16 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

and definitely higher quality marriage proposals.

4 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

What, nonsense. I would have been married by now if that were true.

Exactly, I agree with you on this part.

Just now, Gaius I. Caesar said:

There's nothing to be jealous about, America is an absolute mess right now and the health care is a complete scam.

I value UK healthcare over american, it's free, for those with long-term conditions no build up of costs, but it does come with the price of longer waiting times.

America is a mess in many ways, but i am an idealist and like the idea of big piza's, houses, lawns etc

19 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

definitely higher quality marriage proposals.

I think this depends on:

1. Personality of the person

2. Family upbringing 

3. And many more

I believe good people are anywhere in the world. 

7 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I think this depends on:

1. Personality of the person

2. Family upbringing 

3. And many more

I believe good people are anywhere in the world. 

I say the best sisters are from america.

There is something about american soil that makes these sisters more earthy, down to earth, etc.

The british sisters are too chavvy.

6 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

There is something about american soil that makes these sisters more earthy, down to earth, etc.

I dont think you have been to America. America is one of the most morally bankrupt places in the world. When I meet European visiters they even tell me that wow America is very immoral and corrupt. the sisters here are not good muslims and the majority are misguided. Unfortunately in the bay area there is only one shia masjid which actually has an imam and I am talking about silcon valley and the bay area, so all the space and people but only one shia masjid, so think bout that. Also the rents here are crazy if you want a decent one bedroom apartment it will cost you 2000-5000 dollars a month in the bay area.

Edited by Yama Nemati

5 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

Really? Sorry brother but you know nothing about American women unfortunately. They can be just as chavvy and phony, especially in the South.

1 minute ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Really? Sorry brother but you know nothing about American women unfortunately. They can be just as chavvy and phony, especially in the South.

2 minutes ago, Yama Nemati said:

I dont think you have been to America. America is one of the most morally bankrupt places in the world. When I meet European visiters they even tell me that wow America is very immoral and corrupt. the sisters here are not good muslims and the majority are misguided. Unfortunately in the bay area there is only one shia masjid which actually has an imam and I am talking about silcon valley and the bay area, so all the space and people but only one shia masjid, so think bout that. Also the rents here are crazy if you want a decent one bedroom apartment it will cost you 2000-5000 dollars a month in the bay area.

Damn, this is like relationships. You have this lovely glittery picture, and then reality hits.

1 minute ago, Yama Nemati said:

Hey hey hey,

I'm from NorCal, close to the Bay Area, and you can definitely find good people here. The Muslims I know are very pious. Maybe it's just a negative mindset you have.

1 minute ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Hey hey hey,

I'm from NorCal, close to the Bay Area, and you can definitely find good people here. The Muslims I know are very pious. Maybe it's just a negative mindset you have.

5 minutes ago, Yama Nemati said:

tenor.gif

9 minutes ago, Yama Nemati said:

That is expensive.

And tell me about the sisters?

10 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I'm referring to the cali/northern type sisters, who seem friendly, polite, down to earth, go-getters

The girls here are like:

" U WOT MATE? EH UR A CHEEKY FELLA"

american

"Heyy, how areee yaaa? i'm wonderful"

5 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Darn straight, hope some English or Scottish woman adopts me soon, insha'Allah.

I've lived in scotland, and scottish women are much more polite, than english women. But scottish women can be very scary too.

3 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I prefer that kind of woman, strong and no nonsense.

That sounds incredibly phony ^

LOL you'll fit right in!

welcome aboard old chap, we brits are very direct, and very straight foward and also socially akward.

19 minutes ago, QuranandAhlulbayt said:

I've lived in scotland, and scottish women are much more polite, than english women. But scottish women can be very scary too.

I know, my great grandmother was Scottish, came from Glasgow. The Scottish are my people as well. Very polite and no nonsense from what I remember of her.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

2 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That sounds incredibly phony ^

Minus the "I'm wonderful" part, I think it depends on how "hey, how are you" is being said. Like, I'm very smiley with people and quick to shake hands and introduce myself, but I'm not fake.

people from the valley and idealize (and talk with vocal fry like they do.) the Kardashians are fake and makes my blood boil.

Just now, Islandsandmirrors said:

Minus the "I'm wonderful" part, I think it depends on how "hey, how are you" is being said. Like, I'm very smiley with people and quick to shake hands and introduce myself, but I'm not fake.

people from the valley and idealize (and talk with vocal fry like they do.) the Kardashians are fake and makes my blood boil.

I hate the "Hey Y'all" and that weird door creak thing they do with their voices down south.