Rate this topic

Salaam,

There was a death in my distant family recently. I wanted to verify some rites to be performed and looked on SC but couldn't find anything in a consolidated thread. I did find this booklet on Al-Islam so adding it here as a link and PDF as well.

I hope and pray none of us have to use it but in case we do, here it is.

https://www.al-islam.org/burial-rituals-muhammadhusein-kermali

Burial Rituals .pdf

I would request that a MOD pin this at the top (near) of the Jurisprudence thread so we do not have to searching for this information.

Q1. What religious actions should we do if our father/mother is laying on the bed and in the state of dying? I am a muqallid of Ayt. Khamenei.

ANSWER: For the person approaching death, it is recommended to place him/her on their back such that the soles of the feet are facing the qiblah. Also, the basic tenets of faith should be read out aloud in a language that the dying person understands. There are some du'as that one can recite which are mentioned in books of supplication. If the person is experiencing great torment and difficulty, then it is recommended to place him/her at the place where he/she customarily offered the prayers. It is also recommended to recite certain suras and passages from the Qur'an - Surah Yasin, as-Saffat, al-Ahzab, Ayat- ul-Kursi, verse 54 of Surah al-A'raf and the last three verses of Surah al-Baqarah and/or other parts of the Qur'an.

https://www.al-islam.org/organizations/AalimNetwork/msg00039.html

Say: (As for) the death from which you flee, that will surely overtake you, then you shall be sent back to the Knower of the unseen and the seen, and He will inform you of that which you did. [Holy Qur'an 62:8]

Duas relating to death and funeral: http://www.duas.org/death.htm

Bismehe Ta3ala,
Assalam Alikum 

What is said in talqeen.

Translation: Listen and understand, listen and understand, listen and understand, O______ son (daughter) of_____. Are you on the same covenant on which you were when you parted from us? That covenant is the testimony of the fact that there is no God but Allah, Who is only One and Who has no partner. And the testimony of the fact that undoubtedly Muhammad, may the Peace of Allah be on him and his progeny, is the slave and prophet of Allah and is the lord of all the prophets and is the last of them and that Ali is the chief of the believers and the leader of all the successors and he is such and Imam whose obedience has been made obligatory on the whole world. And that Hasan and Husain and Ali son of Husain, and Muhammad son of Ali and Ja’far son of Muhammad, and Moosa son of Ja’far, and Ali son of Moosa, and Muhammad son of Ali, and Ali son of Muhammad, and Hasan son of Ali, and Muhammad, the awaited one, son of Hasan – may the Peace of Allah be on them all – are the Imams of all believers and are the authorities on the whole world, and all these Imams are guides for the pious persons. O______son (daughter) of______, when the two favorite angels sent by Allah approach you and inquire of you about your God, your Prophet, your religion, your book, your qibla and your Imams, do not be afraid or grieved or worried, but say in reply: “Allah, the Glorious and Dignified, is my Lord, Muhammad, peace of Allah be upon him and his progeny, is my Prophet, Islam is my religion, the Quran is my book, Kaaba is my qibla. Ameerul Mu-mineena Ali Ibne Abi Talib is my Imam, Hasane Mujtaba is my Imam, Husain, the martyr of Kerbala, is my Imam, Ali Zainul Abideen is my Imam, Muhammad Baqir is my Imam, Ja’far Sadiq is my Imam, Moosa Kazim is my Imam, Ali Reza is my Imam, Muhammad Jawad is my Imam, Ali Hadi is my Imam, Hasan Askari is my Imam, Hujjatul Muntazar is my Imam. All these great persons, may Allah’s peace be upon them, are my Imams, my leaders, my chief, and my intercessors and I keep friends with them and have hatred for their enemies in this world as well as in the world to come.” O_____son (daughter) of ________, know that Allah, the Exalted, is undoubtedly the best of Providers, and Muhammad, may the peace of Allah be upon him and his progeny, is undoubtedly the best of the prophets and that Ammeerul Mo-mineen Ali Ibne Abi Talib and the eleven Imams who are his descendants, are undoubtedly the best Imams and leaders. Whatever message Muhammad, may the peace of Allah be upon him and his progeny, has brought is true. Undoubtedly death is true, the questioning of Munkar and Nakeer in the grave after death is true, coming to life after death is true, the scale [Meezan] is true, the Path [Siraat] is true, accounting of deeds is true, and undoubtedly there will be a Day of Judgment. Allah will undoubtedly bring to life those who are in the graves. O______son (daughter) of______, may Allah keep you firm on these beliefs and may He guide you on the right path and may Allah introduce you to friends in the vicinity of His mercy. O Allah, make the ground spacious for him (her) on both the sides and raise his (her) soul towards You and direct Your Guidance to him (her). O Allah, pardon us, pardon.