Sign in to follow this  
The Light

Asking Allah(swt) to punish someone

Rate this topic

:bismillah:

:salam:

Is it allowed to ask AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì to send his wrath and punishment on someone who has taken your rights or has deceived you in this world?

If yes, are there any surahs/duas to be recited, so AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì can destroy your enemies?

The rights of my family and I are taken and I feel helpless. It feels like I am being oppressed and I can't do anything. 

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. The same has happened in our family. It's very hard. I send lanats on the person who has done so semi regularly. I've also stated if Allah ever asks me on the Day of Judgement if I wish this person to be forgiven, I will say no.

So I wouldn't think it's not allowed. 

The person who has hurt you will be indebted to you on the Day of Judgement, anyway. 

As far as something bad happening to the person in this world because of it, know that it may or may not happen. Allah's wisdom is greater than we can comprehend. Remember if the person is slightly punished in this world because of their evil they've caused for your family, their sins are being wiped away. Maybe Allah is saving punishment for the Hereafter, which is much more humiliating and long-lasting. 

Either way, don't despair. Allah will deal with the people who have wronged you. (When I was bullied severely in school, I later found out that those kids either did not pass high school or they couldn't attend college when they wanted. To me, that's proof of Allah's wrath.)

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

10 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Why not ask Allah to forgive that person. It is not good to hold grudges against people(even if they deceived you)

Forgive, just like you would want to be forgiven from Allah.

That's not always realistic because you are denying what you truly feel. 

In some instances, yes, it is better to ask for forgiveness of the person, for various reasons. 

The OP is allowed to feel anger towards people who have wronged him.

And I'm sure that you've never been put under a situation like this or else you wouldn't tell the OP to just "forgive and forget." 

7 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. The same has happened in our family. It's very hard. I send lanats on the person who has done so semi regularly. I've also stated if Allah ever asks me on the Day of Judgement if I wish this person to be forgiven, I will say no.

So I wouldn't think it's not allowed. 

The person who has hurt you will be indebted to you on the Day of Judgement, anyway. 

As far as something bad happening to the person in this world because of it, know that it may or may not happen. Allah's wisdom is greater than we can comprehend. Remember if the person is slightly punished in this world because of their evil they've caused for your family, their sins are being wiped away. Maybe Allah is saving punishment for the Hereafter, which is much more humiliating and long-lasting. 

Either way, don't despair. Allah will deal with the people who have wronged you. (When I was bullied severely in school, I later found out that those kids either did not pass high school or they couldn't attend college when they wanted. To me, that's proof of Allah's wrath.)

May AllahÚÒ æÌá deal with the oppressor of your family. 

That's what I wonder sometimes. I think if AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì really loves one of his slaves, He will punish him/her to make them stop doing that act. It's a form of mercy in disguise. That would make sense, when you see evil people's lives getting better and better in this world. Their hereafter might be the worst. 

Inshallah, I pray that someday, everything would be ok. 

2 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

In some instances, yes, it is better to ask for forgiveness of the person, for various reasons. 

And I'm sure that you've never been put under a situation like this or else you wouldn't tell the OP to just "forgive and forget." 

@The Light Sorry for my wording, I might of sounded a bit insensitive.I just stated a suggestion.

@Islandsandmirrors 

Yeah I can't deny what the OP went through and it is entirely the OP's decision. I still think that asking forgiveness from Allah is better even though it is hard knowing how someone deceived you from your rights. Don't you think Allah will be more pleased if you be strong and ask forgiveness for that person?

Allah knows what is in your heart and how hurt you maybe, but it isn't necessary to ask Allah to punish someone. We can cry to Allah and let out all our sorrows but why ask Allah for a decision which is in his hands anyways? 

Imam Ali (as) would forgive even his enemies.

21 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Why not ask Allah to forgive that person. It is not good to hold grudges against people(even if they deceived you)

Forgive, just like you would want to be forgiven from Allah.

I know forgiveness is beautiful and all, but the person who has wronged me, should AT LEAST apologise and feel remorse for their actions, so I can forgive. I personally don't think it's right to let a wrongdoer get away with it.

Say the person who has wronged me, comes one day and tells me that he feels terrible for doing an act of injustice to me and he/she is willing to change. Then, I might be stone-hearted not to forgive.

2 hours ago, The Light said:

Is it allowed to ask AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì to send his wrath and punishment on someone who has taken your rights or has deceived you in this world?

If yes, are there any surahs/duas to be recited, so AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì can destroy your enemies?

The rights of my family and I are taken and I feel helpless. It feels like I am being oppressed and I can't do anything. 

Leave your matter to Allah AWJ. Indeed, Allah AWJ is the best Judge. 

3 hours ago, The Light said:

I know forgiveness is beautiful and all, but the person who has wronged me, should AT LEAST apologise and feel remorse for their actions, so I can forgive. I personally don't think it's right to let a wrongdoer get away with it.

Say the person who has wronged me, comes one day and tells me that he feels terrible for doing an act of injustice to me and he/she is willing to change. Then, I might be stone-hearted not to forgive.

Woah... I'm in the same boat as you. The party who have wronged me have shown no remorse and regret for the rights they have taken from me and have not even considered an apology to me. Without delving into too much detail about what happened they are my manager and people I have to work with so unfortunately I have to put up with them all day every day, which is a most difficult test. I make lanat on them all the time and hope their punishment will be in the next life rather than here.

May Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì grant us strength and protect us from our enemies.

4 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I suppose my perception is a bit different in that the person who asks for forgiveness of the other and forgives them themselves, elevates themselves spiritually, and knowledgeably.

If oppression involves risking life, and freedoms that are worth dying for - The Qu'ran says there's no blame and one must fight against oppression, but without knowing anything I can't really suggest one thing or another for the OP.

The Qu'ran does tell us quite a few times that Forgiveness is always better, and preferred.

The biggest reason is to prevent further abuse, a perpetual cycle of revenge and hate/enmity between parities or families etc.. and end the vicious cycle there.  Flap of a butterfly wing now may cause a tornado tomorrow.

A person overcoming their sense of hatred or anger towards another is only a display of their superior moral integrity and awareness of the life after this.

Edited by wmehar2

5 hours ago, The Light said:

Salamun alaykum.

Those who are oppressed can pray against the oppressors but they should not go to extremes.

In al-Kafi, vol. 2 pp. 330-335 there is a chapter titled بابُ الظَّلم which  contains 23 narrations that are of great help.

6 hours ago, wmehar2 said:

I suppose my perception is a bit different in that the person who asks for forgiveness of the other and forgives them themselves, elevates themselves spiritually, and knowledgeably.

If oppression involves risking life, and freedoms that are worth dying for - The Qu'ran says there's no blame and one must fight against oppression, but without knowing anything I can't really suggest one thing or another for the OP.

The Qu'ran does tell us quite a few times that Forgiveness is always better, and preferred.

The biggest reason is to prevent further abuse, a perpetual cycle of revenge and hate/enmity between parities or families etc.. and end the vicious cycle there.  Flap of a butterfly wing now may cause a tornado tomorrow.

A person overcoming their sense of hatred or anger towards another is only a display of their superior moral integrity and awareness of the life after this.

I generally agree with this principle, but there are instances where the acts of oppression are deliberate and come from cruelty, arrogance, bigotry and selfishness. Such people who have no remorse for their actions, deserve no mercy from Allah and are entitled to nothing but eternal lanat.

37 minutes ago, jaguar_knight said:

I generally agree with this principle, but there are instances where the acts of oppression are deliberate and come from cruelty, arrogance, bigotry and selfishness. Such people who have no remorse for their actions, deserve no mercy from Allah and are entitled to nothing but eternal lanat.

I would thank Allah SWT that I have an example of how I should not be, and pray that I never become like them.  Cynical/Crazy as this sounds, evil must exist to contrast the good to prevail and demonstrate themselves.

Undoubtedly, as you say there are many who exist that act deliberately to oppress without remorse.