Rate this topic

2 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Ok. Its just so stressful dealing with Non-Shias/Non-Muslims especially Christians because they deny over and over again but cant even provide some evidence if im wrong. 

If you find it stressful to post in the Islam/Christianity/Judaism Dialogue, please avoid that forum. There are numerous other forums where you can participate.

39 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

If you find it stressful to post in the Islam/Christianity/Judaism Dialogue, please avoid that forum. There are numerous other forums where you can participate.

Thank you for the support.

5 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Ok. Its just so stressful dealing with Non-Shias/Non-Muslims especially Christians because they deny over and over again but cant even provide some evidence if im wrong. 

My intention is not to chase you off the site. A "Full stop" post on a disrespectful thread is not disrespectful, nor is calling you on what you say. "We have proof" means nothing until the proof is shown. Ibn Al-Shahid gave you good advise.

You made some very harsh statements to prove you have the basic bias properly in place. From there on, you wish not to discuss.  Add some high school antics, and this isn't working for you very well... yet. No worries. When you are willing to study, you will do better.

I wouldn't call any of your leaders antichrist, nor have I ever, for more than one reason. First, I don't believe it, secondly...respect for the people I converse with. You play those games, you win those prizes.

Any Muslim can take this challenge but I want you to hang around for the answers..

One time when Paul said Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in the same sentence, pertaining to them being one and the same. Okay, trick question, you won't find it. Show me where he said Jesus and God were the same. Oh no, another trick question.

Maybe something about giving up circumcision. Okay then, where did Paul say to eat pork?  

Enlighten us shataneen.

8 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

My intention is not to chase you off the site. A "Full stop" post on a disrespectful thread is not disrespectful, nor is calling you on what you say. "We have proof" means nothing until the proof is shown. Ibn Al-Shahid gave you good advise.

You made some very harsh statements to prove you have the basic bias properly in place. From there on, you wish not to discuss.  Add some high school antics, and this isn't working for you very well... yet. No worries. When you are willing to study, you will do better.

I wouldn't call any of your leaders antichrist, nor have I ever, for more than one reason. First, I don't believe it, secondly...respect for the people I converse with. You play those games, you win those prizes.

Any Muslim can take this challenge but I want you to hang around for the answers..

One time when Paul said Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in the same sentence, pertaining to them being one and the same. Okay, trick question, you won't find it. Show me where he said Jesus and God were the same. Oh no, another trick question.

Maybe something about giving up circumcision. Okay then, where did Paul say to eat pork?  

Enlighten us shataneen.

I sent you a personal message that contains information of the flaws of the Bible.  

1 hour ago, AfricanShia said:

I sent you a personal message that contains information of the flaws of the Bible.  

Dear Brother and Friend

If you don't mind my telling you, there is absolutely no need for you or for me or for anyone to tell others about the flaws in their religion or in their books. 

At least not pro-actively.

I have also read some of your posts in the Christianity forum.

And I must say that they are not friendly at all.

If anything, they are pretty aggressive, and for very little good reason .

Don't forget that our Holy Prophet (pbuh&hf) always spoke to non-Muslims in a manner that some among them simply loved and adored him, like the Christians of St Catherine's monastery in Mount Sinai during his time. 

When you criticize people or something about them, you have to do so in a manner that they listen to you.

Otherwise it is no use.

Is it?  

Remember what Imam  Ali said in one of his famous letters:

"Remember that among your subjects, there are some with the same faith of yours. And there are those of other faiths who are also human beings just as you are. Both these groups may act wrongfully – wilfully or otherwise. Grant them your pardon to the same extent that you expect God to pardon you."

On the other hand, by sending a PM to a Christian telling him about the flaws in the Bible, you are merely provoking him and acting against the teachings of the Prophet and our Imams.

Please don't be offended by my advice.

It is being made in absolute earnest.

I mean well to you.

The crux of the message of Islam is that you must treat non-Muslims kindly.

You don't need to love them, as Christians are supposed to love their enemies.

But you are duty-bound to treat everyone kindly, including your enemies and those you are angry with. 

We all need to learn from our mistakes and from our observations of the world around us. 

I am sure you will too.

Just take it easy.

There is no need to prove anything.

You cannot change the mind of 6 billion non-Muslims and 1 billion non-Shia Muslims.

In all probability, they will continue to believe what they believe, regardless what you say or do.

If you wish to follow the teachings of Islam, any effort to change others must be done in an atmosphere of bonhomie.

As the expression goes, it is easier to catch flies with honey than with vinegar.  

Actually, pleasantries alone are not enough.

The ability to influence others to the extent that they change their mind requires exceptional social and psychological skills.  

I sincerely hope you will pay heed to my advice. 

All the best.

1 hour ago, AfricanShia said:

You sent me a personal message that includes cherry picked wars of the OT. Mis-information from sarcastic sources, and irrelevant references. All to show me how unjust the wars were, and using God as an excuse. Kinda like what goes on in the Middle East right now, (outside of US intervention).  

16 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

You sent me a personal message that includes cherry picked wars of the OT. Mis-information from sarcastic sources, and irrelevant references. All to show me how unjust the wars were, and using God as an excuse. Kinda like what goes on in the Middle East right now, (outside of US intervention).  

Yeah but thats all propaganda. The cruelty is literally written in your book. No harshness is in the Quran. The Quran has quite a significance in Sciences especially Geology. The Holy Quran has helped many through tough times. 

Edited by AfricanShia

@AfricanShia

Members of all faiths are welcome to participate in discussions, and are entitled to their beliefs, as long as they are being respectful. The aim is not necessarily to convert or convince one another of anything, or to be belligerent in disproving people's beliefs. That should not be your goal. Rather you should aim to promote your arguments, and learning about one another better. 

Non-Shias and non-Muslims are a minority on this site. Treat them with respect like you would a guest at your home. Set the example of our Prophet and his household (as). 

3 minutes ago, magma said:

@AfricanShia

Members of all faiths are welcome to participate in discussions, and are entitled to their beliefs, as long as they are being respectful. The aim is not necessarily to convert or convince one another of anything, or to be belligerent in disproving people's beliefs. That should not be your goal. Rather you should aim to promote your arguments, and learning about one another better. 

Non-Shias and non-Muslims are a minority on this site. Treat them with respect like you would a guest at your home. Set the example of our Prophet and his household (as). 

Indeed. @Son of Placid. I am sorry. I still have many years to live inshallah and much more to learn. :(

I am also sorry if I came off harsh. I see much praise in the other thread about you and your posts, that is the person we'd like to see. All are welcome to the Islam/Christianity/Judaism Dialogue. I have an unfair advantage having been here just over 11 years now. I can better tell you what's wrong with Christianity ;)

39 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

I am also sorry if I came off harsh. I see much praise in the other thread about you and your posts, that is the person we'd like to see. All are welcome to the Islam/Christianity/Judaism Dialogue. I have an unfair advantage having been here just over 11 years now. I can better tell you what's wrong with Christianity ;)

Good posts, no praise. All praises be to Allah and Allah only. We make mistakes but we correct them. 

7 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

Good posts, no praise. All praises be to Allah and Allah only. We make mistakes but we correct them. 

Praise as in others find you to be good at posting , not praise as in worship. Terminology is always a factor in misunderstanding. 

You have it right tho, As Jesus said in Matt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Heavenly Father = God in Christian terminology. 

10 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Praise as in others find you to be good at posting , not praise as in worship. Terminology is always a factor in misunderstanding. 

You have it right tho, As Jesus said in Matt 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Heavenly Father = God in Christian terminology. 

لَمّا قيلَ لِعيسى (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): مَن أدّبَكَ؟ ـ: ما أدّبَني أحَدٌ، رأيتُ قُبْحَ الجهلِ فجانَبْتُهُ. 

Jesus son of Mary (AS) was asked, ‘Who gave you good manners?’ He replied, ‘No one disciplined me; when I saw the ugliness of ignorance I avoided it.’[Tanbih al-Khawatir, v. 1, p.196]

ـ رسولُ اللهِ‏ِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): إيّاكُم والمَدحَ ؛ فإنّهُ الذَّبحُ. 

The Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå said, ‘Beware of praise, for verily it is slaughter.’[Kanz al-`Ummal, no. 8331] 

I dont like praise as a whole. :)

I try to present good manners when replying to posts of other peoples topics. 

7 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

لَمّا قيلَ لِعيسى (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): مَن أدّبَكَ؟ ـ: ما أدّبَني أحَدٌ، رأيتُ قُبْحَ الجهلِ فجانَبْتُهُ. 

Jesus son of Mary (AS) was asked, ‘Who gave you good manners?’ He replied, ‘No one disciplined me; when I saw the ugliness of ignorance I avoided it.’[Tanbih al-Khawatir, v. 1, p.196]

ـ رسولُ اللهِ‏ِ (صَلَّيَ اللهُ عَلَيهِ وَ آلِهِ): إيّاكُم والمَدحَ ؛ فإنّهُ الذَّبحُ. 

The Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÂáå said, ‘Beware of praise, for verily it is slaughter.’[Kanz al-`Ummal, no. 8331] 

I dont like praise as a whole. :)

I try to present good manners when replying to posts of other peoples topics. 

Then let's go over your "Paul was delusional" post and I can show you why I said what I said. It will save you future grief when talking with Christians.

Actually, note that my challenge was not met.

Give me one time when Paul said Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in the same sentence, pertaining to them being one and the same. Okay, trick question, you won't find it. Show me where he said Jesus and God were the same. Oh no, another trick question. Maybe something about giving up circumcision. Okay then, where did Paul say to eat pork?

I know, it sounds like sarcasm, but really it's not.

23 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

@AfricanShia

I just read the post you had made on True Christianity. I must say that @iCambrian(with due respect to him) could clearly not present facts to you and therefore just kept going on about how usless your post was.

There are no facts to refute.  He spoke of an aura around an Ayatollah.  What facts could i possibly post against that? He has no facts in demonstration of such an aura. He spoke of dreams that the Prophet Muhammad had. He has no knowledge of such things, no experience of such things, nor any facts that could be spoken of it. What could i possibly refute?

My statements in the topic, are regarding the baseless claims that he has made.  And it is true, they are baseless. He made such claims, but there is nothing he could present to defend those claims.

Edited by iCambrian

And not only that but the guy is calling an apostle flithly and a blasphemer and calling him the antichrist. If any christian dared to say any such words about the Prophet Muhammad or Ali here on SC, they would be instantaneously banned.

But here on SC, some crazy person can say it, and can get away with another 30-40 posts about it before anyone even mentions anything.

And yet somehow im being viewed as the bad guy in this? I mean come on.

Just to point this out. @magma , @hameedeh

Just want to put that out there. Going to move on now, and hopefully people dont continue tagging me in their posts, speaking as if I instigated this.

Edited by iCambrian

1 hour ago, iCambrian said:

There are no facts to refute.  He spoke of an aura around an Ayatollah.  What facts could i possibly post against that? He has no facts in demonstration of such an aura. He spoke of dreams that the Prophet Muhammad had. He has no knowledge of such things, no experience of such things, nor any facts that could be spoken of it. What could i possibly refute?

My statements in the topic, are regarding the baseless claims that he has made.  And it is true, they are baseless. He made such claims, but there is nothing he could present to defend those claims.

I never talked about Rasoolalah and his dreams. Aura is just energy if you had any logic yourself you would know that. Its funny how you think that you are among the righteous when you cant represent righteousness yourself or good natured. 

22 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

I never talked about Rasoolalah and his dreams. Aura is just energy if you had any logic yourself you would know that. Its funny how you think that you are among the righteous when you cant represent righteousness yourself or good natured. 

So you think that by standing near someone holy, you could feel energy coming from them? Do you mean just heat, like from being hot and sweaty? What energy?

57 minutes ago, iCambrian said:

So you think that by standing near someone holy, you could feel energy coming from them? Do you mean just heat, like from being hot and sweaty? What energy?

People who are truly righteous and are true believers in Allah and his Islamic Monotheism are more spiritual than that of a kafir for example. 

2 hours ago, iCambrian said:

And not only that but the guy is calling an apostle flithly and a blasphemer and calling him the antichrist. If any christian dared to say any such words about the Prophet Muhammad or Ali here on SC, they would be instantaneously banned.

But here on SC, some crazy person can say it, and can get away with another 30-40 posts about it before anyone even mentions anything.

Did you report these posts? Staff can't read every post members make, so reporting posts will draw attention and inappropriate posts can be addressed. 

We're all a community here, everyone needs to help make this a better place.