Rate this topic

6 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Belgian Police: Muslim Migrant Raped up to 230 Women Since 2015.

Sweden: Muslim migrants try to lure 16-year-old girl into car, scream “[Edited Out]” and “women like you should die”

Muslim refugee, 20, who raped a boy, 10, in his Sydney home says what he did 'is not a crime because it is acceptable in his homeland'

Oh, and Michael Jackson also had "sleepovers" with a 10 year old boy in the 90's.

And I would like to know where the 20 year old Australian's homeland is. That kind of crime is punishable by death in Iran, but pedophiles only serve 5-10 year sentences in the west.

Did you know Canadian soldiers ignored when their Afghan allies were raping young boys while on duty? That was a taboo under the Taliban, but government officials there do it now. Props to Canada!

Stop pushing this media narrative that Muslims are rapists, terrorists, etc. Because what kind of impression do you think those Afghan children have of the West?

3 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

That's not a personal bias, it's what every Muslim is taught by the end of high school. I've seen that same message many times. It's hard not to believe what you've been taught. Paul has to be despicable for Islam to move forward. It's not actually their fault.

You know, it's funny the percentage of Muslims who have read their holy text in its original form as opposed to Christians.

Oh wait, Christian scholars admit their Gospels are only testimonies of 4 people, not the word of God.

10 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

You know, it's funny the percentage of Muslims who have read their holy text in its original form as opposed to Christians.

Oh wait, Christian scholars admit their Gospels are only testimonies of 4 people, not the word of God.

Here is one of the dominant issues with fundamentalist views. The belief in perfection of ones views, gives the confidence to go out and to insult others. 

Despite not actually having knowledge of that perfection, but rather faith, that it is there.

And this doesnt just exist in Islam, it is certainly present in Christianity as well.  Or rather, in Muslims and Christians alike.

But there is one post, that I do like reading.  And I dont necessarily agree with much of what he says, but @andres, he once mentioned that, recognizing that the Bible has passed through the hands of fallible men or men of varying thoughts and perceptions and ideas and emotions etc. This understanding grants power, because it means that, we are not locked in, or trapped in a literalist sort of perception of religion.

Which means in some cases, we can go further, and think about religion with more fluidity, that doesnt necessarily make us blasphemers or apostates.

And this, i think is one of the largest hurdles that Islam, in particular, faces in the world today. And we see very extreme issues in the middle east with it, but some of that literalist philosophy, sort of pours out elsewhere.  And it is in Christian environments as well, perhaps just more subtle.

Edited by iCambrian

4 minutes ago, iCambrian said:

Here is one of the dominant issues with fundamentalist views. The belief in perfection of ones views, gives the confidence to go out and to insult others. 

Despite not actually having knowledge of that perfection, but rather faith, that it is there.

And this doesnt just exist in Islam, it is certainly present in Christianity as well.  Or rather, in Muslims and Christians alike.

I would LOVE to sit down, go through all of the proofs for both sides of this argument and come to a conclusion.

However, this argument is regarding the true christianity. You need a solid holy text to guide a religion. Christians do not have a complete Bible. That is why the Quran was necessary. If Jesus died for our sins (naozubillah) then logically he wouldn't leave us to rot with no guidance right after, would he? 

As for Saint Paul, it would make sense for him to have been mentioned in the Bible, or in the sayings of Jesus Christ, wouldn't it? He had such a big role, but never mentioned....

Moderator note: some posts hidden while under review. Warnings or suspensions may be given. Please familiarize yourselves with the rules regarding revered persons in non-Shia religions. If you see a violation, do not reply, use the report button. 

Just now, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

I would LOVE to sit down, go through all of the proofs for both sides of this argument and come to a conclusion.

However, this argument is regarding the true christianity. You need a solid holy text to guide a religion. Christians do not have a complete Bible. That is why the Quran was necessary. If Jesus died for our sins (naozubillah) then logically he wouldn't leave us to rot with no guidance right after, would he? 

As for Saint Paul, it would make sense for him to have been mentioned in the Bible, or in the sayings of Jesus Christ, wouldn't it? He had such a big role, but never mentioned....

You're missing the point entirely.

Ill get back to ya later on this.

1 hour ago, iCambrian said:

Other people feeling an aura around this man, sounds like divine energy to me.  Perhaps he should clarify if thats not what he meant.

Perhaps I dont have to clarify anything to you. You dont deserve clarification from me. 

8 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

BTW, I don't have a society. I'm not in charge of pop Francis, nor what boy/girl friends do. I'm not state side and the mayor of the closest city, is a flaming gay Muslim. The biggest problem Canada now faces with the immigration of close to 39,000 Syrian refugees, is the Muslim men are sexual predators. Blame it on the women for showing their ankles? Not only Canada, check the world headlines.

Belgian Police: Muslim Migrant Raped up to 230 Women Since 2015.

Sweden: Muslim migrants try to lure 16-year-old girl into car, scream “[Edited Out]” and “women like you should die”

Muslim refugee, 20, who raped a boy, 10, in his Sydney home says what he did 'is not a crime because it is acceptable in his homeland'

Of course it is all explained in this article. The Muslim Man’s Sexual “Rights” Over Non-Muslim Women.

Sorry, you were saying?

BTW, I am not your enemy. It's your decision if you make me your enemy. Any idea my background or does it matter? The attitude of stupid for being Christian is still written between the lines. respect vs patronizing. We can keep talking and fix that.

First of all, none of those above crimes are accepted by Islam as a good thing. You should punish them and put them to gallows instead of telling us but you could not do that because part of it is caused by the laws of the government. Why are your women walking without clothes bro. Most of the migrants which come to your country are illiterate and do not know much about what Islam says. Your countries caused mayhem in their countries and now if they are coming to your countries to save lives, you call only them responsible for crimes, why are your countries running away from their crimes ?

Who snatched away Palestine from Muslims ? Who Installed Saddam Hussain? Who installed and Supported Taliban ? Who fought against Cuba, Vietnam ? You all European people have destabilized whole world and living in your countries with peace while leaving many orphans that will turn into terrorists tommorrow because of bread. And if they kill your people tomorrow or come to your country and do a crime then you rant by saying "Muslims! Muslims! Muslims". 

Why so ruthless bro ? Leave Muslim lands alone and no one will come to you, do not send your agents there and corrupt the system, whole oil fields in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and many vital resources of Afghanistan were plundered by your countries and you are eating of our resources and calling us criminal. Lolz, good thing. I see no shame among Europeans who allege everything upon Islam while these all problems are your creations. 

2 hours ago, iCambrian said:

But there is one post, that I do like reading.  And I dont necessarily agree with much of what he says, but @andres, he once mentioned that, recognizing that the Bible has passed through the hands of fallible men or men of varying thoughts and perceptions and ideas and emotions etc. This understanding grants power, because it means that, we are not locked in, or trapped in a literalist sort of perception of religion.

Which means in some cases, we can go further, and think about religion with more fluidity, that doesnt necessarily make us blasphemers or apostates.

And this, i think is one of the largest hurdles that Islam, in particular, faces in the world today. And we see very extreme issues in the middle east with it, but some of that literalist philosophy, sort of pours out elsewhere.  And it is in Christian environments as well, perhaps just more subtle.

Yes. The belief that God has produced an infallible Book of rules that every human must submit to has caused a lot of trouble in the Christian world, and in my opinion very much does so today between Muslims of different beliefs. 

2 minutes ago, andres said:

Yes. The belief that God has produced an infallible Book of rules that every human must submit to be has caused a lot of trouble in the Christian world, and in my opinion very much does so today between Muslims of different beliefs. 

Book of Bible and Torah were corrupted but Quran is till intact bro. You are true about current European era where little importance is granted to Bible and Torah but the reason of it is because Bible and Torah has many innovations which did not belong to it and therefore people got alienated towards religion.

For Quran, there is no such problem. Except the problem of misunderstanding it. Quran could not be changed because it came to use through ages and was not lost even for a single day. However, with the passage of time, there were people who came to scene and misinterpreted it and some people were perverted. 

But, I guarantee you that Quran will always be in perfect shape till Judgement day arrives. 

34 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

For Quran, there is no such problem. Except the problem of misunderstanding it. 

This is the problem. Who got it right? Shia, Sunni, Wahabi or Taleban all are certain they did. Carholics and Lutherans have had many conflicts too. If we understand that the Book itself is not printed in heavem,  it may be be easier to adapt a more tolerant position towards others that understand the message differently. This certainly has not always been so within Christianity. 

1 hour ago, andres said:

This is the problem. Who got it right? Shia, Sunni, Wahabi or Taleban all are certain they did. Carholics and Lutherans have had many conflicts too. If we understand that the Book itself is not printed in heavem,  it may be be easier to adapt a more tolerant position towards others that understand the message differently. This certainly has not always been so within Christianity. 

Compare the different sects of Islam and look at the intellect of the 12 imams of Shiism and their character. Even non-muslims have been astonished by Imam Husayn(as) and his sacrifice. 

8 hours ago, andres said:

This line of thinking, I think is advanced. And it is humbling, in a sense, when you become aware. Because once you recognize that the book, be it the Bible or Quran, was written with ink, on paper, by a human being with a limited mind, with varying emotions, intellectual limitations, interests, thoughts , perspectives etc., you come to an understanding of how scripture truly came to be. 

2 hours ago, iCambrian said:

This line of thinking, I think is advanced. And it is humbling, in a sense, when you become aware. Because once you recognize that the book, be it the Bible or Quran, was written with ink, on paper, by a human being with a limited mind, with varying emotions, intellectual limitations, interests, thoughts , perspectives etc., you come to an understanding of how scripture truly came to be. 

An ordinary human can neither prophesier future events nor tell you untold past events. Quran does that all for you. Besides, no any human can be best in all aspects of human life such as Social laws, Laws of battle, Laws of Inheritance, Medical, Geography, Physics, biology, botany, climate studies. I have read all basic laws of these disciplines in Quran,  How could you say such a  thing  for a person like "Muhammad" who neither learnt from any human not joined any college or university. This is miracle, which you cannot see bro. But we see and we believe. :) 

12 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

First of all, none of those above crimes are accepted by Islam as a good thing. You should punish them and put them to gallows instead of telling us but you could not do that because part of it is caused by the laws of the government. Why are your women walking without clothes bro. Most of the migrants which come to your country are illiterate and do not know much about what Islam says. Your countries caused mayhem in their countries and now if they are coming to your countries to save lives, you call only them responsible for crimes, why are your countries running away from their crimes ?

Who snatched away Palestine from Muslims ? Who Installed Saddam Hussain? Who installed and Supported Taliban ? Who fought against Cuba, Vietnam ? You all European people have destabilized whole world and living in your countries with peace while leaving many orphans that will turn into terrorists tommorrow because of bread. And if they kill your people tomorrow or come to your country and do a crime then you rant by saying "Muslims! Muslims! Muslims". 

Why so ruthless bro ? Leave Muslim lands alone and no one will come to you, do not send your agents there and corrupt the system, whole oil fields in Saudi Arabia, Iraq and many vital resources of Afghanistan were plundered by your countries and you are eating of our resources and calling us criminal. Lolz, good thing. I see no shame among Europeans who allege everything upon Islam while these all problems are your creations. 

Nice speech...for Obama. You are assuming I don't know this stuff? You are assuming this is my creation?  My women need to be clothed? Who are "my" women? Seriously. I am married, I have a life partner. She is my team mate, my outreached hand, and many more things, but I don't "possess her any more than she possesses me. She knows how to dress. Calgary has a rather large Lebanese group. The fashion is hijab, with a tight white peek a boo shirt and skin tight jeans. Which of the three mentioned do not belong with the others? 

Sorry but I'm not sitting here waiting for someone to open my eyes.

You paint me with a brush that spans over 400 million people bro. Who's swallowing that?

You're really stuck on this post. Want more?

1994 a buddy of mine developed a social website. It gathered popularity quickly because nobody had seen avatars before then. It was fun for a while, but I saw the wickedness of many people. Long story short, Complaints about everything. One constant, Arab men and relentless harassment. Who complained? Not the Americans complaining about being chastised for their evil behaviors. Everyone who chose a blonde haired, blue eyed, avatar. aka cartoon and a woman's name.    This is a thing.   I didn't say it was a Shia thing.  I'm not saying it isn't a thing every where else and worse everywhere else, but understand, the rest of the world does not proclaim your high standards so when it happens it shows, and it stains.

I'm more concerned about the stain, aren't you? The people who see these things paint with just as broad a brush, and you are under it as well as anyone from the middle east, or has skin darker than an aboriginal, or semi curly hair, or looks Muslim. I'm not blind to their ignorance either.

You have decided who/what I am so you have a platform to argue from. That is tremendously problematic because I can't fit the form you want me to. You need to know a little more about me. I've been out of school for a while.

I commend AfricanShia for being quick to understand, you are a little slower. 

Couple weeks back they recorded an Imam in a Montreal Mosque. When translated they realize this guy is teaching high school aged kids that they have an obligation to kill kafir. Many atrocities around the world, but only one place where people are beheaded and left under a bridge. Not Muslims killing Christians, Muslims killing Muslims. How many Muslim sects of kafir before you get to Christians? Can I relax for a while yet?

I worked in a facility with 850 some men. Fights, arguments between labour and management continual, fights between labourers...many rednecks with prejudice, but they were outnumbered by Muslim against Muslim. I think it was the khat, and the Sunnis. When the WT towers went down, did you cheer? The Muslims around me cried. One literally came to my office and cried on my shoulder. 

I've seen too many views to accept yours as the one and only and you might do best not to press on. 

4 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

An ordinary human can neither prophesier future events nor tell you untold past events. Quran does that all for you. Besides, no any human can be best in all aspects of human life such as Social laws, Laws of battle, Laws of Inheritance, Medical, Geography, Physics, biology, botany, climate studies. I have read all basic laws of these disciplines in Quran,  How could you say such a  thing  for a person like "Muhammad" who neither learnt from any human not joined any college or university. This is miracle, which you cannot see bro. But we see and we believe. :) 

What about a person like me, that claimes there are errors in the Quran and therefore the Quran cannot be the infallible word of God. What would you say the consequenses are for me in this life, and if I enter heaven, my life there? 

1 hour ago, andres said:

What about a person like me, that claimes there are errors in the Quran and therefore the Quran cannot be the infallible word of God. What would you say the consequenses are for me in this life, and if I enter heaven, my life there? 

You have misunderstood various verses in Quran due to various reasons, some of them are as follows:

1. You do not know about the person who brought Islam and neither know his family that was made authority after him to propagate and explain Islam. So, due to being unaware of them, you do not look into Quran with their explanation. You go after people and see Quran according to ISIS and Taliban. But they are no where near Islam. Many of them have just read Quran in Jails.

Your Consequences in this life

Your consequences depends upon your actions.

1. If you maintain this position and do not read Quran without any Bias and also read it through the authority which was made to explain and elaborate the essence of Quran such as Prophet PBUHHP and Ahlebait a.s, you will live a blind life without be aware of what real Islam is and will always take ISIS, Taliban and such other groups in future who will emerge for political reasons and without any relation with Quran and Islam who can take advantage of your unawareness and cause you to remain in that state till you die and you will regret this thing when you will know the reality.

2. In the hereafter, I am not sure about whether you will enter heaven or not. Because first of all, even for a non-Muslim who want to go to heaven, it is necessary that he be ignorant and if you are counted among the ignonrant due to so many rights and wrongs and difficulty in ascertaining which is truth and which is falsehood, it is necessary that you should be impartial in the context of Justice and do not say that this is wrong unless, he or she has proofs and rational evidence with it besides being a good human. And, if it happens that you enter into Heaven on the basis of ignorance, you will regret there to have missed so much time in doubts  and will be envious with those people who were in same condition like you in world but instead of doubts, they searched and investigated and perfected their belief and availed the opportunity which life gave them. 

5 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

What prophesies of the future, are in the Quran? Of the laws relating to science, I found the Quran to be innacurate with respect to mountains keeping land stable. Unless you've interpreted otherwise. The 6 days of creation never made sense to me either. 

Edited by iCambrian

15 hours ago, iCambrian said:

What prophesies of the future, are in the Quran? Of the laws relating to science, I found the Quran to be innacurate with respect to mountains keeping land stable. Unless you've interpreted otherwise. The 6 days of creation never made sense to me either. 

I am sorry brother, But there are various forms of Mountains and one such kind is the formation of mountains due to the collision of tectonic plates in such a way that they gets inserted like nails into the land and it has been said by many geologists that one of the reasons of earthquakes is the eradication of Mountains for roads. I do not know why it seems inaccurate to you, May be you are biased and do not like this idea.

6 Days of creation cannot be understand by an ordinary intellect and bias, try to eradicate your bias and try to understand it with impartiality and reason. 6 days could be six conditions or six phases of making world worthy of living.

Another important discovery of Quran is that it foretold the existence of two seas which no one discovered until recent centuries for no any Arab knew it and Prophet knew it.

Prophecies of Quran are many, one among this was the defeat of Iranians at the hands of Romans which posed great threat to Muslims during that time and the verse of Quran was revealed many years before that event occurred.

For further, there are many verses and you could search them and read them yourself :D 

1 hour ago, Sindbad05 said:

You have misunderstood various verses in Quran due to various reasons, some of them are as follows:

1. You do not know about the person who brought Islam and neither know his family that was made authority after him to propagate and explain Islam. So, due to being unaware of them, you do not look into Quran with their explanation. You go after people and see Quran according to ISIS and Taliban. But they are no where near Islam. Many of them have just read Quran in Jails.

Most certainly I have misunderstood various verses. In some cases this will depend on which type of Muslims you ask since Muslims do not always agree on the interpretation either. I never have spoken with people from Taleban or ISIS, but I am certain their understanding if the Quran is far from mine. However I know enogh mathematics to see that the inheritance law, that you claim is perfect, in some cases is erroneous. God would not make the total of shares to exceed 100%. Something went wrong here.

Just now, andres said:

Most certainly I have misunderstood various verses. In some cases this will depend on which type of Muslims you ask since Muslims do not always agree on the interpretation either. I never have spoken with people from Taleban or ISIS, but I am certain their understanding if the Quran is far from mine. However I know enogh mathematics to see that the inheritance law, that you claim is perfect, in some cases is erroneous. God would not make the total of shares to exceed 100%. Something went wrong here.

Absolutely, I agree to the fact that something is wrong, but it is not wrong in Quran but your understanding of it. You know mathematics but it is not necessary that you be aware of every field of knowledge which also includes logic and philosophy as well. Speaking of mathematics: You must be aware of the distance equation made by newton that is S = vit+1/2(at)power 2. Was Newton unjust by giving 1/2 to at square ? you will say that I am talking irrelevant, but actually I am talking about nature. These calculations are natural and it does not mean that if someone has been given half than other, it means that it is injustice. Sometimes, lower to higher ratios make up balance, see your own body, the distance from your navel to head is lower than the distance from your navel to legs. So, you consider this to be injustice by nature? 

What are you talking about bro :(

I think you will find varying definitions of " true Christianity", just  like 'true Islam."

Christians do believe their Scriptures are the word of God, they just came about differently. We have a lot of faith in God to get a point across.  But most of us do not believe the texts are science books, either. They don't have to be. We can study science books for that. And....what @iCambrian and @andres said about religious texts....ditto.

And, again, would  folks please stop misquoting the Pope? He has not changed the Church's teaching on homosexuality ( or any sex outside of marriage... which  is still defined as between one man and one woman in this particular , and largest, form of the Faith ) one iota.  I do not go around misquoting your religious leaders .

Thank you.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

5 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

Nice speech...for Obama. You are assuming I don't know this stuff? You are assuming this is my creation?  My women need to be clothed? Who are "my" women? Seriously. I am married, I have a life partner. She is my team mate, my outreached hand, and many more things, but I don't "possess her any more than she possesses me. She knows how to dress. Calgary has a rather large Lebanese group. The fashion is hijab, with a tight white peek a boo shirt and skin tight jeans. Which of the three mentioned do not belong with the others? 

Sorry but I'm not sitting here waiting for someone to open my eyes.

You paint me with a brush that spans over 400 million people bro. Who's swallowing that?

You're really stuck on this post. Want more?

1994 a buddy of mine developed a social website. It gathered popularity quickly because nobody had seen avatars before then. It was fun for a while, but I saw the wickedness of many people. Long story short, Complaints about everything. One constant, Arab men and relentless harassment. Who complained? Not the Americans complaining about being chastised for their evil behaviors. Everyone who chose a blonde haired, blue eyed, avatar. aka cartoon and a woman's name.    This is a thing.   I didn't say it was a Shia thing.  I'm not saying it isn't a thing every where else and worse everywhere else, but understand, the rest of the world does not proclaim your high standards so when it happens it shows, and it stains.

I'm more concerned about the stain, aren't you? The people who see these things paint with just as broad a brush, and you are under it as well as anyone from the middle east, or has skin darker than an aboriginal, or semi curly hair, or looks Muslim. I'm not blind to their ignorance either.

You have decided who/what I am so you have a platform to argue from. That is tremendously problematic because I can't fit the form you want me to. You need to know a little more about me. I've been out of school for a while.

I commend AfricanShia for being quick to understand, you are a little slower. 

Couple weeks back they recorded an Imam in a Montreal Mosque. When translated they realize this guy is teaching high school aged kids that they have an obligation to kill kafir. Many atrocities around the world, but only one place where people are beheaded and left under a bridge. Not Muslims killing Christians, Muslims killing Muslims. How many Muslim sects of kafir before you get to Christians? Can I relax for a while yet?

I worked in a facility with 850 some men. Fights, arguments between labour and management continual, fights between labourers...many rednecks with prejudice, but they were outnumbered by Muslim against Muslim. I think it was the khat, and the Sunnis. When the WT towers went down, did you cheer? The Muslims around me cried. One literally came to my office and cried on my shoulder. 

I've seen too many views to accept yours as the one and only and you might do best not to press on. 

Lolz, bro. Listen and be relaxed. Instead of calling Muslims responsible for every crime also keep an eye on European countries. There are many rapists and murderers there as well. Many incidents happen in your countries where Muslims have no any role such as firing incidents in schools and colleges. No any community is free from terrorists, neither yours nor ours. So, instead of calling whole Muslims wrong, you must understand Islam and know that what those terrorists do does not come with in islam. Like you disliked when I said your women and you immediately responded by pleading for your wife that she is faithful to you and don't do anything wrong and felt bad about my saying of that you should know that our religion has nothing to do with those crimes and those who do that are not ordered by Islam.  So don't consider all Muslims alike. Let us treat each other on equal terms.

1 hour ago, Sindbad05 said:

Absolutely, I agree to the fact that something is wrong, but it is not wrong in Quran but your understanding of it. You know mathematics but it is not necessary that you be aware of every field of knowledge which also includes logic and philosophy as well. Speaking of mathematics: You must be aware of the distance equation made by newton that is S = vit+1/2(at)power 2. Was Newton unjust by giving 1/2 to at square ? you will say that I am talking irrelevant, but actually I am talking about nature. These calculations are natural and it does not mean that if someone has been given half than other, it means that it is injustice. Sometimes, lower to higher ratios make up balance, see your own body, the distance from your navel to head is lower than the distance from your navel to legs. So, you consider this to be injustice by nature? 

What are you talking about bro :(

There is nothing wrong with Newtons Distance formula if you put the brackets right: vt+1/2a(t^2) . However dividing 1/1 in shares: 1/3+2/3+1/8 is not possible because it exceeds the total. The shares must in real life be made a bit smaller. Shias and Sunnies do, but they use different methods, ending up with different results. I had this discussion a year or two or three on Shiachat and found out that it was totally impossible for muslims to admit this was an error. Had this been written in the Bible the error had been obvious to all. (except for christian fundamentalists)