Rate this topic

5 hours ago, andres said:

I know. Against all knowledge and common sense. But my point was that they were Jews and Israelis, not Arabs. Monotheism was brought into Arab community by Muhammed. 

First of all, Islam disregards every kind of ethnic superiority, the reason of this is that it is due to Nationalism that Jews considered themselves to be better than everyone and rejected Prophet Jesus a.s and Prophet Muhammad PBUHHP. If you really want to talk about nations than we all are children of Adam and Eve a.s and when God wants to talk to humanity, He AWJ calls them with the epithet: "O! Children of Adam a.s". And whenever Islam talks about Bani Israel, it either reminds them to go back to the teachings of previous Prophets such as Prophet Abraham a.s or Prophet Moses a.s, or reminds the wrongdoings of Bani Israel. The reason of this is that Bani Israel, was only in the name "Children of Jacob" but in reality, they were oppressors and not faithful to their father Prophet Jacob a.s or Prophet Moses a.s. 

Secondly, Prophet Muhammad PBUHHP conveyed the message which Prophet Abraham a.s conveyed to its nation and which Prophet Ishmael a.s conveyed to its nation and they both were not Israelities and one was father of grandfather of Israel, Prophet Jacob a.s and another was uncle of Israel. And the message which were taught by Prophet Jacob, known as Israel was because of the Promise of God which God made with Abraham that I will make successors to the righteous among your nation. So, Bani Israel, was not to be credited with what they had but God has to be credited and also the Prophets who conveyed the messaged to Bani Israel and they found more pride in being called believers than any-other thing.

4 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

He lived in Ancient Arabia. When is a good question. 

So his name and that he lived in in Arabia is all that is known. Why are we told? 

22 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Secondly, Prophet Muhammad PBUHHP conveyed the message which Prophet Abraham a.s conveyed to its nation and which Prophet Ishmael a.s conveyed to its nation and they both were not Israelities and one was father of grandfather of Israel, Prophet Jacob a.s and another was uncle of Israel. And the message which were taught by Prophet Jacob, known as Israel was because of the Promise of God which God made with Abraham that I will make successors to the righteous among your nation. So, Bani Israel, was not to be credited with what they had but God has to be credited and also the Prophets who conveyed the messaged to Bani Israel and they found more pride in being called believers than any-other thing.

I sm sorry, but this has got little to do with reality.

1 hour ago, andres said:

So his name and that he lived in in Arabia is all that is known. Why are we told? 

It poses significance. There is more detail about his Prophethood that we have but he lived before the time of Abraham so it is not easy to obtain information of when a Prophet was born and when he/she died. 

Edited by AfricanShia

9 hours ago, AfricanShia said:

It poses significance. There is more detail about his Prophethood that we have but he lived before the time of Abraham so it is not easy to obtain information of when a Prophet was born and when he/she died. 

I found some info about him. He is not to be found in the Bible, so he is not "borrowed" from Judaism. Are there other prophets that are specific for the Quran? 

3 hours ago, andres said:

I found some info about him. He is not to be found in the Bible, so he is not "borrowed" from Judaism. Are there other prophets that are specific for the Quran? 

Yes actually. There is Prophet Khidr, Prophet Salih, Prophet Shuaib, Dhul-Khifl. There are thousands more that are only specified for Islam. We have 124,000 Prophets and only 25 mentioned in our Quran. 

25 minutes ago, AfricanShia said:

You basically defined what a Prophet is. 

Al Abbas is a righteous servant, that doesn't make him a prophet. The same goes with al khidr.

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

12 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Al Abbas is a righteous servant, that doesn't make him a prophet. The same goes with al khidr.

You can search it up. Al-Khidr was a Prophet. 

On 4/30/2017 at 10:06 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

^ Getting back to former discussions with this funny:

"Catholics do not recognise birth control.

Methodists do not recognise transubstantiation .

Baptists do not recognise each other in the liquor store."

Salam LeftCoastMom,

LOL!!!

That reminds me of the lightbulb jokes lol. Here are some of my favorites:

Q: How many Pentecostals does it take to change a light bulb?
A: 10, one to change it and 9 others to pray against the spirit of darkness.

Q: How many TV evangelists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: One. But for the message of hope to continue to go forth, send in your donation today.

Q:How many Episcopalians does it take to change a light bulb?
A:10. One to actually change the bulb and 9 to say how much they like the old one.

Q:How many Presbyterians does it take to change a light bulb?
A1:Well, it should require about five committees to review the idea first. If each is staffed with half a dozen members, that's what ... 30?

Q:How many members of the Church of Christ does it take to change a light bulb?
A:5. One to change the bulb, 4 to serve refreshments.

Q:How many charismatics does it take to change a lightbulb?
A:Three, one to cast it out and two to catch it when it falls!

Q. How many Quakers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. Ten to sit around in a circle until one feels the inner light.

Q. How many fundamentalists does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A. THE BIBLE DOES *NOT* SAY *ANYTHING* ABOUT LIGHT BULBS!!!!

Q: How many charismatics does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: One, since his hands are in the air anyway.

Q: How many evangelicals does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Evangelicals do not change lightbulbs. They simply read out the instructions and hope the lightbulb will decide to change itself.

Q: How many Brethren does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Change?????

Q: How many independent Baptists does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Only one, any more than that would be considered ecumenical.

Roman Catholic: None. Candles only.

Baptists: At least 15. One to change the light bulb, and three committees to approve the change and decide who brings the potato salad.

Episcopalians: Eight. One to call the electrician, and seven to say how much they liked the old one better.

Unitarians: We choose not to make a statement either in favor of or against the need for a light bulb. However, if in your own journey you have found that light bulbs work for you, that is fine. You are invited to write a poem or compose a modern dance about your personal relationship with your light bulb, and present it next month at our annual light bulb Sunday service, in which we will explore a number of light bulb traditions, including incandescent, fluorescent, three-way, long-life and tinted, all of which are equally valid paths to luminescence.

Methodists: Undetermined. Whether your light is bright, dull, or completely out, you are loved -- you can be a light bulb, turnip bulb, or tulip bulb. Churchwide lighting service is planned for Sunday, August 19. Bring bulb of your choice and a covered dish.

Nazarene: Six. One woman to replace the bulb while five men review church lighting policy.

Lutherans: None. Lutherans don't believe in change.

Amish: What's a light bulb?

Southern Baptists:

A: One hundred and nine.
Seven on the Lightbulb Task Force Sub-committee, who report to the twelve on the Lightbulb Task Force, appointed by the fifteen on the Trustee Board. Their recommendation is reviewed by the Finance Executive Committee of five, who place it on the agenda of the eighteen-member Finance Committee. If they approve, they bring a motion to the twenty-seven Member church Board, who appoint another twelve-member review committee. If they recommend that the Church Board proceed, a resolution is brought to the Congregational Business Meeting. They appoint another eight-member review committee. If their report to the next Congregational Business Meeting supports the changing of a lightbulb, and the Congregation votes in favor, the responsibility to carry out the lightbulb change is passed on to the Trustee Board, who in turn appoint a seven-member committee to find the best price in new lightbulbs. Their recommendation of which hardware is the best buy must then be reviewed by the twenty-three-member Ethics Committee to make certain that this hardware store has no connection to Disneyland. They report back to the Trustee Board who then commissions the Trustee in charge of the Janitor to ask him to make the change. By then the janitor discovers that one more lightbulb has burned out.

LOL!!! :)

Peace and God bless you

44 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

How many Fellowship Baptists? 

One to hold the bulb and he waits for the world to revolve around him.

Salam Son of Placid,

Have you heard/read this one?

Three churches - Baptist, Methodist, and Presbyterian - worked together to sponsor a community- wide revival. After the revival had concluded, the three pastors were discussing the results with one another.

The Methodist minister said, "The revival worked out great for us! We gained 4 new families."

The Baptist preacher said, "We did better than that! We gained 6 new families."

The Presbyterian pastor said, "Well, we did even better than that! We got rid of our 10 biggest troublemakers!
"

LOL!!! :)

Peace and God bless you :)

:hahaha:

@Son of Placid @Christianlady   These sound about right. I'd add to the Catholic one  that we are always trying to share candles with the Orthodox, who keep telling us to keep our darn candles...they have their own candles and they are just as ancient and apostolically valid as ours, thank you very much, and to go worry about why our Protestant kids are messing with light bulbs. In the meantime we have fifty theologians pondering Scripture and canon law ...debating about if we should ever have light bulbs, too.

Edited by LeftCoastMom

Just now, LeftCoastMom said:

:hahaha:

@Son of Placid @Christianlady   These sound about right. I'd add to the Catholic one  that we are always trying to share candles with the Orthodox, who keep telling us to keep our darn candles...they have their own candles and they are just as ancient and apostolically valid as ours, thank you very much, and to go worry about why our Protestant kids are messing with light bulbs. In the meantime we have fifty theologians pondering Scripture and canon law ....wondering if we should ever have light bulbs, too.

Salam LeftCoastMom,

That's a good addition!

Christian jokes are so funny!!! :)

Baptists jokes are hilarious to me because they remind me of my childhood! :)

I want to start a Christian joke thread. :)

Peace and God bless you