Rate this topic

Salaam,

Call me paranoid but is there subtle and veiled racism on ShiaChat against people from the Indo-Pak region?

I hope that I am wrong about this but if I am right, then what has anyone done to counter it?

1 minute ago, realizm said:

:salam:

The most critical member towards indo-pak community was brother uponthesunnah, who was indo-pak himself.

PS: can anyone explain the origin and meaning of "desi"?

salaam,

"desi" means local in Urdu/Hindi. It has now become synonymous with people from indo-pak region living in the West.

47 minutes ago, realizm said:

can anyone explain the origin and meaning of "desi"?

Desi comes from the Desh (Hindi for India and pronoucned with a soft D)...so to be a "Desi" means you are one from "Desh"

I think that he means there are anti-Malang sentiments, there are many people from Pakistan or India who get on fine with everyone, it is just a select little group who, well just read the threads that they are involved in, no need to explain further.

You can't just go around being rude to everyone, pressing home the same pointless arguments month in month out, disregard any proofs that are presented to you, create double accounts to make it seem like there are more mentally disturbed people than there really are. And of course, play the race card when things don't go your way or people point out some home truths.

And after that, expect everyone to go along with your madness, that isn't how life works.

How could I forget forging narrations and quoting bits and pieces of the Qur'an out of context in order to make absurd arguments, that aren't backed up by anything other than fantasies.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

8 minutes ago, E.L King said:

People think that many cultural issues in Shi'ism is because of what happens in that region. That's what I think.

What do you think bro @shiaman14? Do you think it's cause of that?

I think all cultures have nuances that may seem odd but we should be accepting of them.

As long as everyone is following the furuh-e-deen per sharia, why do the other things matter?

7 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

I think that he means there are anti-Malang sentiments, there are many people from Pakistan or India who get on fine with everyone, it is just a select little group who, well just read the threads that they are involved in, no need to explain further.

No, the anti-malang sentiment I am well aware off, even though 99% of it is unwarranted.

8 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

You can't just go around being rude to everyone, pressing home the same pointless arguments month in month out, disregard any proofs that are presented to you, create double accounts to act like there are more mentally disturbed people than there really are. And of course, play the race card when things don't go your way or people point out some home truths.

And after that, expect everyone to go along with your madness, that isn't how life works.

Are you refering to the "Ya Ali Madad" thread where I posted proof from Ayatollah Najafi that "Ya Ali Madad" is permissible? That thread turned into a discussion about the extent of wilayah of Imams. So if you are angry at malangs because they believe in the wilayah of Imam Ali (as), then the issue resides with you brother.

10 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

How could I forget forging narrations and quoting bits and pieces of the Qur'an out of context in order to make absurd arguments, that aren't backed up by anything other than fantasies.

Ooooooo? Who did this?

Why so angry???

Well, I am not naming any names here but I was told once that converts are untrustworthy and not sincere in their deen, one day "I would follow Islam" and the next day I would "worship Buddha".

Said member also kept calling me "white boy" after I told them to stop, but that's entirely my fault because I tolerated it when I shouldn't have.

"Pardon one offense and you encourage the commission of many" ~ Publilius Syrus.

So there's discrimination against converts here, no doubt. Shame really,but I have my friends here.

4 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Well, I am not naming any names here but I was told once that converts are untrustworthy and not sincere in their deen, one day "I would follow Islam" and the next day I would "worship Buddha".

Said member also kept calling me "white boy" after I told them to stop, but that's entirely my fault because I tolerated it when I shouldn't have.

"Pardon one offense and you encourage the commission of many" ~ Publilius Syrus.

So there's discrimination against converts here, no doubt. Shame really,but I have my friends here.

I am sorry you had to go through that.

Reverts deserve nothing but the utmost respect. It takes a lot of courage and honest spirituality to change one's beliefs - both traits you possess in large amounts.

Dont forget AlKhidr either :)

58 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

Reverts deserve nothing but the utmost respect. It takes a lot of courage and honest spirituality to change one's beliefs - both traits you possess in large amounts.

How could I forget Khidr, (I refuse call him Alkhidr, seems blasphemous and disrespectful to the real Khidr (as).) I knew what he was up to, he was  trying to"enlighten" and convert folks.

Although what I could do to teach people about respecting reverts? Any ideas?

Just now, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Cool, fairness is a virtue; Don't worry, the feeling is mutual.  jk

I'm glad to see that somebody else has brains about him GC.

I'll amend it. I hate all of you except GC equally. GC's my SCer hating yardie ya'll!

50 minutes ago, silasun said:

I personally dislike all of you equally...........

Ah denial - the first step towards acceptance.

50 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

How could I forget Khidr, (I refuse call him Alkhidr, seems blasphemous and disrespectful to the real Khidr (as).) I knew what he was up to, he was  trying to"enlighten" and convert folks.

Although what I could do to teach people about respecting reverts? Any ideas?

Be yourself brother. Haters gonna hate.

Even Imam Ali (as) had haters.

As an example, not sure if you remember but we were in chat once and you were asking what a malang is. So I posted a video of an Iranian boy singing Ali Ali and bobbing his head and I wrote a comment that anyone bobbing their heads along with the kid is a malang.

well, since that day I am hated by several folks but it doesn't bother me one bit. It takes a clean and open heart to be accepting of others.

Most people who are disrespecting of reverts are usually just insecure about themselves or their own beliefs. You consider Allah to be your God, Muhammad (saw) to be his Prophet and Ali to be the successor. As such, you are my brother.

Edited by shiaman14

4 hours ago, shiaman14 said:

Who was Khidr?