Rate this topic

:salam:

الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): العِلمُ ضالَّةُ المُؤمِنِ .
Imam Ali (AS) said,
Knowledge is the lost property of the believer.
[`Uyoun Akhbar al-Ridha] 

"اُطلبوا العلم وَلو بخوض اللُّجَج"
Imam as-Sadiq (a.s.) said,
"Seek knowledge even as far as going to the depths of seas."
[Bihar al-Anwar]

Given the spectacular stagnation of the other quiz thread, I've opened up this one so we can all start fresh! Remember: No googling, and if you don't know the answer to a question, leave another one behind for someone else to take a crack at.

Here are my first couple:

1. What was the first mosque built by the Prophet? [seerah]

2. What is the name of the first mosque built by hypocrites? [seerah

3. Which two tribes formed the majority of the kuffar fighting against the Muslims at the Battle of Hawazin? [seerah]

4. In a House, a wife is sitting with her husband. In that house, one person is praying while the other is fasting. Someone from outside enters the house and the husband and wife become unlawful to each other. The prayers and fast also become unlawful. Who was the person entering the house? [fiqh]

5. What are the other two names given to the city of Makkah in the Qur'an? [qur'an

I'm going to tag in everyone who participated in the last thread - if you can't answer these, post your own!

@starlight @notme @E.L King @Gaius I. Caesar @eloquence @Al-Hassan @magma @Sumayyeh @habib e najjaar @Moiz Shah @Zahra14

1nejri.jpg

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

The remnants of the last thread:

3. Who originally established al-Azhar, and who is said to have ended it's 'golden age'?

4. What two 'artifacts' of Uthman did Muawiyah procure to incite the people of sham to revolt against Imam Ali, for the sake of revenge for Uthman?

5. What did Marwan accuse Talha of when he shot him at the Battle of Jaml?

7. What is the name of the horse the Prophet was purchasing when, after a dispute over the validity of the purchase, he named a sahabi 'Dhu'sh-Shahadatain' (the possessor/equivalent of two witnesses)?

8. What was the name of this companion, and how did he die?

@shiaman14 Show us what you got!

9 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

:salam:

الإمامُ عليٌّ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): العِلمُ ضالَّةُ المُؤمِنِ .
Imam Ali (AS) said,
Knowledge is the lost property of the believer.
[`Uyoun Akhbar al-Ridha] 

"اُطلبوا العلم وَلو بخوض اللُّجَج"
Imam as-Sadiq (a.s.) said,
"Seek knowledge even as far as going to the depths of seas."
[Bihar al-Anwar]

Given the spectacular stagnation of the other quiz thread, I've opened up this one so we can all start fresh! Remember: No googling, and if you don't know the answer to a question, leave another one behind for someone else to take a crack at.

Here are my first couple:

3. Which two tribes formed the majority of the kuffar fighting against the Muslims at the Battle of Hawazin? [seerah]

4. In a House, a wife is sitting with her husband. In that house, one person is praying while the other is fasting. Someone from outside enters the house and the husband and wife become unlawful to each other. The prayers and fast also become unlawful. Who was the person entering the house? [fiqh]

5. What are the other two names given to the city of Makkah in the Qur'an? [qur'an

I'm going to tag in everyone who participated in the last thread - if you can't answer these, post your own!

@starlight @notme @E.L King @Gaius I. Caesar @eloquence @Al-Hassan @magma @Sumayyeh @habib e najjaar @Moiz Shah @Zahra14

1nejri.jpg

1. Mosque of Kuba, although before that Prophet PBUHHP also participated in the reconstruction of Kabatullah. 

2. Masjid-e-Zarar.

3. I do not know.

4. That person is her lost husband for which she hired person to fast and pray which become invalid and the husband and wife become unlawful to each other.

5. Umm-ul-Qara and Bakkah. 

13 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

wa alai kum salaam brother,

the others are easy. #4 is a tough one.

I think the wife's first or previous husband returns so the current marriage is void thus they are unlawful to each other. I am not sure why the prayers and fast would become unlawful though.

Was the person praying salat for the husband who returned hence there would be no need for salah??? but would it be unlawful?

Edited by shiaman14

5 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

1. Mosque of Kuba, although before that Prophet PBUHHP also participated in the reconstruction of Kabatullah. 

2. Masjid-e-Zarar.

3. I do not know.

4. That person is her lost husband for which she hired person to fast and pray which become invalid and the husband and wife become unlawful to each other.

5. Umm-ul-Qara and Bakkah. 

#1, #2, and #4 are all correct!

Bakkah is correct. I'm not sure if um al-qara is mentioned in the Qur'an (you might be right). I had balad al-ameen as the second name.

#3 is still up in the air!

@Sindbad05 Your turn! Pop us some questions.

Edited by Shaykh Patience101

5 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

I am not sure why the prayers and fast would become unlawful though.

Was the person praying salat hadiya-e-mayit for the husband who returned hence there would be no need for salah???

@Sindbad05 was right. The people fasting and praying are being paid to do so in place of the 'deceased'.

1 minute ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

#1, #2, and #4 are all correct!

Bakkah is correct. I'm not sure if um al-qara is mentioned in the Qur'an (you might be right). I had balad al-ameen as the second name.

#3 is still up in the air!

@Sindbad05 Your turn! Pop us some questions!

Ummul Qara is in this verse

·        [Shakir 6:92] And this is a Book We have revealed, blessed, verifying that which is before it, and that you may warn the metropolis and those around her; and those who believe in the hereafter believe in it, and they attend to their prayers constantly.

8 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

The remnants of the last thread:

3. Who originally established al-Azhar, and who is said to have ended it's 'golden age'?

4. What two 'artifacts' of Uthman did Muawiyah procure to incite the people of sham to revolt against Imam Ali, for the sake of revenge for Uthman?

5. What did Marwan accuse Talha of when he shot him at the Battle of Jaml?

7. What is the name of the horse the Prophet was purchasing when, after a dispute over the validity of the purchase, he named a sahabi 'Dhu'sh-Shahadatain' (the possessor/equivalent of two witnesses)?

8. What was the name of this companion, and how did he die?

@shiaman14 Show us what you got!

3) The Fatimid dynasty (dont know the exact name). Saludin ended it.

4) Bloodied shirt for sure and his stamp???

5) Killing Uthman

7) No idea.

8) No idea.

1 minute ago, shiaman14 said:

Got it. I was reading unlawful to be "haram". Would it be haram?

I think 'void' would perhaps be a better word to use. Wouldn't be haram if you are unaware that the person is in fact living.

5 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

3) The Fatimid dynasty (dont know the exact name). Saludin ended it.

4) Bloodied shirt for sure and his stamp???

5) Killing Uthman

7) No idea.

8) No idea.

3) Correct! al-Muizz li-Dinillah, an Ismaili Shia Imam and Fatimid Caliph established it, while the Sunni 'hero' Salahuddin ended its reign on top of the scientific world (even banning prayers inside the mosque).

4) Blood-stained shirt is right. He also put the 'chopped fingers' of Uthman's wife (which impressively managed to make the journey of thousands of kilometers across the scorching Arabian desert without decaying) on display.

5) That's right. Marwan killed Talha shortly after saying that he's here now trying to avenge Uthman's murder while he was the foremost of the rebels clamoring for Uthman's death just a short while back.

Might have to reveal 7) and 8) soon. :D

1. What are the first 4 battles Ali (a.s) participated in?

2. How many people were with Muhammad on the day of Badr?

3. On what day of the week will Imam Mahdi (a.f) emerge?

4. Who was Imam Hussain (a.s) most attached to most of his life, who did he show the most love to?

5. How many years did Asma bint Abu Bakr live?

6. *Hard one -  Where is the actual location of Imam Hussain's (a.s) head?

8 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:

4. Who was Imam Hussain (a.s) most attached to most of his life, who did he show the most love to?

1) Badr, Uhud, Khandaq, Khyber

2) 313

3) Friday

4) Hz Sakina (as)

5) Do not know.

6) Some say Egypt, some say Damascus and others say Karbala. Actual location is not known definitively.

23 minutes ago, Hussaini624 said:

5. 90 years?

10 minutes ago, shiaman14 said:

1) Name the 4 deputies (naib) of Imam Mahdi (as) during the Minor Occultation.

I can't believe I don't have these memorized anymore. The names were drilled into our heads as kids at Sunday Madressah.

Third one is Husayn bin Rawh, correct?

Who can get mine?

a) What was the first name of the third representative of Imam Zaman (as) during the lesser occultation?

b) Which Akhbari Shia mystic and scholar was criticised by his students for allowing music to be played in his classes?

c) Which famous Usuli Shia scholar was a youth during the Omani invasion of Bahrain?

c) Which scholar founded the Hawza in Najaf?

d) Which "Shia" movement did the Bab of the Bahai faith belong to?

e) Which two scholars were the heads of the Akhbari/Usuli clash in the 18th century, one of which was mentioned in one of my questions.

Choices are:

Husayn

Yusuf al Bahrani

Waheed Behbahadi

Mohsen Feyz Kashani

Sheikh Tusi

Uthman

Ayatollah Shirazi

Shaykhiyyah

Akhbarism

Edited by Mansur Bakhtiari

2 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

:

1. Masjid Nabawi in Medina

2. Embarassing....

3. Jews of Khaybar, forget the other. I swear I knew this stuff!!!

4. Ex-wife?

5. Al Mubarakah and Al Munawarah? These are the names I always hear.

1 hour ago, shiaman14 said:

1) Name the 4 deputies (naib) of Imam Mahdi (as) during the Minor Occultation.

I know two. Umar ibn Said and Husayn ibn Rawh.

1 hour ago, Hussaini624 said:

1. Badr, Hudaybiyah, Khaybar... don't know the others

3. Friday. I remember from his ziyarat.

2. 70?? I'm not good with numbers

4. Shahrbanu or Sukayna. One of his wives for sure.

5. 90

6. Hussain Mosque, Cairo

???/16

I'm guessing 10-12. Got to brush up on this. When I first got religious I read the books on history. Now I have forgotten. This is fun

11 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Who can get mine?

a) What was the first name of the third representative of Imam Zaman (as) during the lesser occultation?

b) Which Akhbari Shia mystic and scholar was criticised by his students for allowing music to be played in his classes?

c) Which famous Usuli Shia scholar was a youth during the Omani invasion of Bahrain?

c) Which scholar founded the Hawza in Najaf?

d) Which "Shia" movement did the Bab of the Bahai faith belong to?

e) Which two scholars were the heads of the Akhbari/Usuli clash in the 18th century, one of which was mentioned in one of my questions.

Choices are:

Husayn

Yusuf al Bahrani

Waheed Behbahadi

Mohsen Feyz Kashani

Sheikh Tusi

Uthman

Ayatollah Shirazi

Shaykhiyyah

Akhbarism

A) is Uthman, right? And I'm gonna go with Shaykhiyyah for d).

I'll leave the rest to someone else because I'll probably end up saying the name of some proto-Usuli scholar in the place of some staunchly akhbari one.

2 minutes ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

1. Masjid Nabawi in Medina

2. Embarassing....

3. Jews of Khaybar, forget the other. I swear I knew this stuff!!!

4. Ex-wife?

5. Al Mubarakah and Al Munawarah? These are the names I always hear.

@Sindbad05's gotten most of these right already, but I'm glad you took a shot before scrolling down. I'll try to do the same for the rest of this thread.

1. Masjid al-Quba (outside Medina, built during the hijra).

2. Masjid ad-Darar.

3. Banu Thaqif and Banu Hawazin.

4. Husband who left on travel and was assumed to have died.

5. balad al-ameen and bakkah. @Sindbad05 also mentioned umm al-qura.

We'll wait till @shiaman14 and @Hussaini624 get back to hear the rest of the answers.

1 hour ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

A) is Uthman, right? And I'm gonna go with Shaykhiyyah for d).

I'll leave the rest to someone else because I'll probably end up saying the name of some proto-Usuli scholar in the place of some staunchly akhbari one.

A is Husayn

But you got Shaykhiyyah right

And btw I didn't look at anyone elses answers on this.

2 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

5. 90 years?

I can't believe I don't have these memorized anymore. The names were drilled into our heads as kids at Sunday Madressah.

Third one is Husayn bin Rawh, correct?

1) Usman bin Saeed Amri
2) Abu Jafar Mohammed Bin Uthman Bin Saeed Amri
3) Husayn Ibn Rauh Nawbakhti (ariza deputy)
4) Abul Hasan Ali Ibn Mohammad Seymouri

We should all have them memorized. Its a pity we dont know more about them.

@shiaman14 @Shaykh Patience101 @Mansur Bakhtiari @Gaius I. Caesar

1. Badr, Uhud, Khandaq, Khyber

2. 313 soldiers with Muhammad on the battle of Badr.

3. Al-Mahdi will emerge on a Friday

4. Imam Ali (a.s). After Bibi Fatimah and Muhammad ( pbuhb ) passed, he stuck with his father so much to build a strong relationship with him.

5. 100 years of age.

6. The head was returned back to Karbala, after it was with Yazid at Damascus.

No one got them all right! :grin: