Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

Rate this topic

27 minutes ago, silasun said:

@notme

// Recruiting innocent minds to the land of KSP

Tell your kids to download Kerbal Space Program and share ideas with their bro from across the pond.

//Praying for a response

One of my teenagers does occasionally play. 

On 10/3/2017 at 1:53 PM, IbnSina said:

Speaking of leadership, here is a nice speech from Ayatollah Khomeini(RA):

@repenter

@kamyar

@baradar_jackson

Maybe one of you guys who are better at farsi could translate the above short speech?

Sorry for the delay.

Translation:

You see what sort of creatures we face! What dirty creatures we encounter in America! I mean not American nation but the state—how the states of superpowers treat us, yet we pay homage to them! We again work for them; may the pens at their service be broken! May tongues talking on their behalf and aiming to destroy the nation be cut off! Let drugs banned there be sent to the third world, to us, mind you! The hell with it! What happens to us is not important, but they charge us the money! This was so from the beginning. Helpful things were not given to us.

Gentlemen! All troubles in the East come from the outsiders, the West; America. American now causes all our problems. All Muslims’ hardships stem from America that has beefed up Zionism and is still at it, killing our brothers in groups.

We cannot be independent until we realize our full prestige, what we were in history and what we are and have. Your country will not be independent as long as your thoughts are not free. Go get your thoughts independent.

Date: October 29, 1979 [Aban 7, 1358 AHS / Dhu’l-Hijjah 7, 1399 AH]

Place: Qum

Subject: Westernization, a chronic disease in Iran

Audience: Students of Islamic Association of Mufidi High College of Translation

Sourcehttp://staticsml.imam-khomeini.ir/en/File/NewsAttachment/2014/1704-Sahifeh-ye Imam-Vol 10.pdf  Page:273

On 10/14/2017 at 3:52 AM, IbnSina said:

Ws brother, happy to see you back!

Alhamdulillah, thank you, help yourself brother :D

maxresdefault.jpg

Thank you so much for the Shirini. Insha'Allah get old to each other's feet under the shelter of Allah and Ahlulbayt.

Edited by kamyar

I request duas for the family of my brother, who passed away early this morning. He had been in and out the hospital these past few months. Especially I ask prayers for his wife, who has been by his side throughout his illness. He was a recovering alcoholic and his liver and kidneys failed. He needed a transplant, but needed to be free of alcohol for a year before he could even get onto the waiting list. He was a young man, only 38 years old, but he had poisoned himself and died with the body of an old man. 

36 minutes ago, notme said:

I request duas for the family of my brother, who passed away early this morning. He had been in and out the hospital these past few months. Especially I ask prayers for his wife, who has been by his side throughout his illness. He was a recovering alcoholic and his liver and kidneys failed. He needed a transplant, but needed to be free of alcohol for a year before he could even get onto the waiting list. He was a young man, only 38 years old, but he had poisoned himself and died with the body of an old man. 

I am so sorry to hear that. Absolutely heartbreaking news. May Allah grant all of you patience.

Inna Lilah Wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

I tried using the search bar earlier today, but was surprised to find little to no discussion about gene editing on ShiaChat over the last few years.

What do you guys think? How does genome editing fit into your Islamic worldview?

8 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

What do you guys think? How does genome editing fit into your Islamic worldview?

I don't know much about it. Why don't you start a topic and give a description of how it works, over in the science and technology forum? 

18 minutes ago, notme said:

I don't know much about it. Why don't you start a topic and give a description of how it works, over in the science and technology forum? 

Good idea:

To be honest, the reaction I've gathered so far is different from what I expected.

A quick reminder!

One day Prophet Dawood (a.s.) came out of the house reciting the Zaboor. And when he recited the Zaboor, there was no mountain, no stone and no bird that did not join him in his recitation. Finally he reached a hill on top of which lived a worshipper named Hizqil. When this man heard the mountains, stones and birds reciting the Zaboor he understood that Prophet Dawood (a.s.) was approaching. Prophet Dawood (a.s.) said: O Hizqil, allow me also to join you on the hill. He replied: No. On being refused the permission Prophet Dawood (a.s.) began to weep. Allah, the Mighty and Sublime revealed to Hizqil to allow Prophet Dawood (a.s.) and to seek His forgiveness. So he held the hand of Prophet Dawood and brought him to the top. Prophet Dawood (a.s.) said: O Hizqil, do you ever feel like committing a sin? He replied: No. He asked: Do you ever feel desirous of worldly pleasures and vices? He said: Sometimes I feel the urge. He asked: Then what do you do? He said: I go into this cave and by looking at that which is in the cave I obtain lesson from it.

So Prophet Dawood (a.s.) entered the cave and saw a throne made of iron on which was a skeleton, and an iron plate was attached to it. Dawood (a.s.) saw the following written on it:

‘I am Urwah bin Salam. I ruled for 1000 years, constructed 1000 cities, married 1000 times and the gist of my whole life is that today I have turned to dust. I am the diet of worms and insects. Thus one who sees me should not desire the world.’

Reference : Kamaluddin wa Tamamun Nemah Vol 1

Edited by Hussaini624

On 22/11/2017 at 5:59 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

Did anyone in the Uk watch the show The Truth About Muslim Marriages (that could also have been called why women have no brain)

Thoughts?

I wanted to watch it but was busy that evening. I take it I didn't miss much? 

Why do people get annoyed by smiling people? I was just watching a contest on TV and 2 of the girls participating were smiling. Judges were offended by that and later they started telling the girls: is this a joke to you? What was so funny that you couldn't stop laughing? The girls got embarrassed and they started smiling again which further infuriated the judges. The judges were TV actors, they should know the expressions and they should know the difference between a happy smile and an embarrassed smile. They went on and on until one of the girls started crying. 
I am offended because this happens to me a lot. I smile and I even smile when I am feeling embarrassed or socially awkward and this annoys people. Few years ago, when my life was hard, I was serious but now I guess I don't have a lot of responsibilities, that's why I smile a lot. I can understand if someone is going through a hard time and gets annoyed to see happy people. But I know there are a lot of people who have better lives than me but they are always unhappy because they are greedy and ungrateful, or they are just mean people. During majlis, at the end of the masaib when we stand up, I have noticed that a lot of women stare at me because my expressions are not serious enough. It's childish to look at every woman's face to check whether she is feeling sad or not. Also, I can also get offended about why people are so DUMB that they cannot tell a difference between a happy smile and an embarrassed smile or a shy smile. Some people turn red when they get embarrassed, some people start smiling. It's not a good thing to have expression less stone face. This whole 'smiling person is not serious' thing is just a crusade against nice people because society has decided that being nice is a weakness and a bad thing. 

48 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

This whole 'smiling person is not serious' thing is just a crusade against nice people because society has decided that being nice is a weakness and a bad thing. 

I used to be in the army, and always got yelled at for smiling while standing for inspection. Finally, after many weeks of being shouted at and made to do extra push-ups, exasperated, I replied "I'm not smiling, drill sergeant! My face is just put on that way!" 

My poor drill sergeant actually had to turn her back to us and cover her face so we wouldn't see how hard she was trying not to laugh. :grin:

But she never yelled at me for smiling again. 

3 hours ago, notme said:

I used to be in the army, and always got yelled at for smiling while standing for inspection. Finally, after many weeks of being shouted at and made to do extra push-ups, exasperated, I replied "I'm not smiling, drill sergeant! My face is just put on that way!" 

My poor drill sergeant actually had to turn her back to us and cover her face so we wouldn't see how hard she was trying not to laugh. :grin:

But she never yelled at me for smiling again. 

I am glad it worked for you. One of my managers told me to become more serious. Paying condolences in person is the hardest thing for me. Fortunately, my mother does it when there's a death in family. 

@notme I am very sorry about your loss. May Allah give patience to you and your brother's family. 

37 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

@notme I am very sorry about your loss. May Allah give patience to you and your brother's family. 

Thank you. I never actually knew him as an adult. People say he was a great guy. I know he was a funny, friendly, and affectionate kid. I guess he will always be that little boy to me now. I wish I had been able to keep contact with that part of my family. I hadn't talked with them since I became Muslim.  

12 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Why do people get annoyed by smiling people? I was just watching a contest on TV and 2 of the girls participating were smiling. Judges were offended by that and later they started telling the girls: is this a joke to you? What was so funny that you couldn't stop laughing? The girls got embarrassed and they started smiling again which further infuriated the judges. The judges were TV actors, they should know the expressions and they should know the difference between a happy smile and an embarrassed smile. They went on and on until one of the girls started crying. 
I am offended because this happens to me a lot. I smile and I even smile when I am feeling embarrassed or socially awkward and this annoys people. Few years ago, when my life was hard, I was serious but now I guess I don't have a lot of responsibilities, that's why I smile a lot. I can understand if someone is going through a hard time and gets annoyed to see happy people. But I know there are a lot of people who have better lives than me but they are always unhappy because they are greedy and ungrateful, or they are just mean people. During majlis, at the end of the masaib when we stand up, I have noticed that a lot of women stare at me because my expressions are not serious enough. It's childish to look at every woman's face to check whether she is feeling sad or not. Also, I can also get offended about why people are so DUMB that they cannot tell a difference between a happy smile and an embarrassed smile or a shy smile. Some people turn red when they get embarrassed, some people start smiling. It's not a good thing to have expression less stone face. This whole 'smiling person is not serious' thing is just a crusade against nice people because society has decided that being nice is a weakness and a bad thing. 

Keep smiling, you are doing nothing bad. The Holy Prophet, the greatest of Allah's creations was said to have never passed by someone without a smile.

"I have never seen anyone who smiled more than Rasulullah (saww)" - Imam Ali (a.s)

"He was as normal as one of your men, except he smiled a lot." - Aisha (wife of the Prophet(s) )

It is said that one day the Holy Prophet (s) was eating dates with Imam Ali (a) and a few other companions. Whenever the Holy Prophet (s) would eat a date, he would place the seed in front of Imam Ali (a). When they were finished, the Holy Prophet (s) looked at Imam (a) and said something along the lines of, "Wow! Look how hungry Ali (a) was! He ate twice as many dates as everyone else! Imam Ali (a) replied, "Look how hungry rasulullah (s) was! He was so hungry that he even ate the seeds!". They all started laughing.

As you can see, happiness and smiling is a sunnah of the Prophet (s), and something that is recommended in islam.

The Wahabis always have a gloomy look and rarely smile, let's not be like them!

@Hussaini624! I am glad you mentioned this incident. This incident showed that Prophet (A.S.) not only smiled but he also liked to tell jokes. Americans have really good sense of humor and I always saw my co-workers telling jokes:  the creative jokes which don't offend anyone. I liked their jokes and I also started telling jokes in my family but they didn't like it. Many of them share an Urdu hadith on facebook which says that A person who tells jokes loses respect among people. I was surprised to read this because I always had respect for my co-workers. I liked their company and I appreciated their sense of humor :confused:

Edited by rkazmi33

Condolences to my brothers and sisters and especially to our Imam(ajf) on the death anniversary of his father and our 11th Imam(as), Imam Hassan al-Askari(as).

Please remember to recite his ziyara and do the 2 rakah ziyara prayers and if you can, take some time to learn some about him:

B6HD_qwIIAEbzAD.jpg

How long is the oppression against you going to last? Not even your death stopped the enemies of Ahlul Bayt(as) from oppressing you!

640x392_87243_177697.jpg

May Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى hasten the return of our Imam(ajf) and the one who will avenge you!

Can anyone read this for me? It's a tin of tea leaves that my friend gave me. I want to know if it's regular tea or something else. 

IMG_20171127_191330893.jpg

IMG_20171127_191429980.jpg

IMG_20171127_191407944_HDR.jpg

IMG_20171127_191337391.jpg