Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Will definitely pray for them both, may Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى grant your brother a speedy recovery.

3 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

@notme How is your little brother? Praying for him. 

Thanks for the prayers, everyone. He's doing much better today. They are talking about letting him go home already. 

My little nephew, now 2yrs & 3 months has had this habit --well, behavior-- since he could walk.

He walks in a circle saying 'Allah'. Four times in each revolution and evenly spaced in distance.

Then he stops, steps towards me and says, "bees-mill-mal" for bismillah.

Then l recite a sura after l started to recognize what "bees--" is.

He stands their moving his head left and right.

When l finish the sura, he starts in the circle again.

And the 'process' repeats.

He will do this four and five times at one time.

Kinda strange. Anyone else heard of this?

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

My little nephew, now 2yrs & 3 months has had this habit --well, behavior-- since he could walk.

He walks in a circle saying 'Allah'. Four times in each revolution and evenly spaced in distance.

Then he stops, steps towards me and says, "bees-mill-mal" for bismillah.

Then l recite a sura after l started to recognize what "bees--" is.

He stands their moving his head left and right.

When l finish the sura, he starts in the circle again.

And the 'process' repeats.

He will do this four and five times at one time.

Baby tawaf <3

I just got back to basra... i cant believe it's all finished... 

The walk was just beautiful and i can't wait to do it again. I even met a few girls from Denmark and Sweden and talked to them.

I visited prophet hud, prophet saleh, Muslim ibn aqeel and mukhtar al thaqafi in kufa.

we reached najaf and I visited Imam Ali and was able to hug the dhareeh. I thought Imam Ali was hard... then when it came to Imam Hussain and al Abbas...

The day before arbaeen and arbaeen was just chaos in karbala, I went alone to visit Imam Hussain and al Abbas and was able to reach them both... I hugged them both and couldn't hold back my tears. I came out full of sweat and my shirt was filled with sweat. People push, squeeze, hit and it was even hard to breathe... one guy even passed out.

I just miss it all already...

rps20171111_151705.jpg

rps20171111_151647.jpg

rps20171111_151551.jpg

On 11/11/2017 at 7:19 AM, laithAlIRAQI said:

I just got back to basra... i cant believe it's all finished... 

The walk was just beautiful and i can't wait to do it again. I even met a few girls from Denmark and Sweden and talked to them.

I visited prophet hud, prophet saleh, Muslim ibn aqeel and mukhtar al thaqafi in kufa.

we reached najaf and I visited Imam Ali and was able to hug the dhareeh. I thought Imam Ali was hard... then when it came to Imam Hussain and al Abbas...

The day before arbaeen and arbaeen was just chaos in karbala, I went alone to visit Imam Hussain and al Abbas and was able to reach them both... I hugged them both and couldn't hold back my tears. I came out full of sweat and my shirt was filled with sweat. People push, squeeze, hit and it was even hard to breathe... one guy even passed out.

I just miss it all already...

MashaAllah bro, happy to hear from you! Hope all your duas are answered for you and your close ones!

It must be tough to visit the Harameyn in these days... as for the sweat, lol, be careful not to get sick, although I'm not sure if it is cold there.

Also, dont try to hold back those tears hahah! It's a blessing!

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

No, but it sounds very sweet. Does he follow the movement along when you pray? Is he old enough to start learning to recite adhan? 

2 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Laith.. lol you went to Zeyara to talk to girls XD

anyways. Glad you are doing great! Just invite us when you find your pride.

Anyone here ever offer Salat al-Ghufaylah after Maghrib? I just received a book detailing its method and was thinking about starting to do it.

17 minutes ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

Anyone here ever offer Salat al-Ghufaylah after Maghrib? I just received a book detailing its method and was thinking about starting to do it.

^^^Mashallah! 

I used to offer it quite regularly until sometime ago.Alas!life took over :(

According to a narration the person doing this namaz gets whatever he asks for! Please keep us in your duas.  

Thanks to All Mods and  Members at SC:

I have got my status with Maximum likes in day on November 8 and during this week at number 3. The Screen pic has given below:

image.png.647e10039ebc0807b86ea44462886021.png

I pay my thanks to all the Mods, Admins,  my friends and Members  of SC who has supported me to reach such status. I like to mention particularly brothers:

@Sindbad05  @Salsabeel  

I  like to thank all others at SC  whom I could not mention because of limited space in post.

I also like to thank all those who criticized my views and provided me the opportunity to respond and explain further my points.

May Allah swt guide us all to the true path of 14 infallible including the prophet Muhammad saww and his purified Ahl albaayt AS.

Wasalam

23 hours ago, notme said:

No, but it sounds very sweet. Does he follow the movement along when you pray? Is he old enough to start learning to recite adhan? 

He bobs his head to the rhythm while standing still.

He does follow Quran when his father reads it aloud. When he was a crawler he'd sit in front of the rehal and without prompting would turn the page exactly at the correct moment.

His mother is trying to get him to recite.

On November 6, 2017 at 3:14 PM, notme said:

Most employers give between 8 and 11 paid holidays. Newer employees usually are allowed 5 sick/leave days, but after they've been with the company for a couple years that increases to 10 sick/leave days. Some but not all generous companies give even more days to employees who have been with them 10 years or more.

So yes, probably that includes state and national holidays, sick leave, and vacation. 

11 days for the whole year? Working or calendar? 

5 minutes ago, Pearl178 said:

11 days for the whole year? Working or calendar? 

I don't know the difference between working year and calendar year....

Usual Paid Holidays

• New Year's Day,
  • Easter, 
  • Memorial Day,
  • Independence Day (4th of July),
  • Labor Day,
  • Thanksgiving Day,
  • Friday after Thanksgiving, and
  • Christmas Day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebalance.com/paid-holiday-schedule-1917985%3famp

Seems I've worked for some generous employers and overestimated what is typical. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

Usual Paid Holidays

• New Year's Day,
  • Easter, 
  • Memorial Day,
  • Independence Day (4th of July),
  • Labor Day,
  • Thanksgiving Day,
  • Friday after Thanksgiving, and
  • Christmas Day.

Seems I've worked for some generous employers and overestimated what is typical. 

l never had any of this. 

9 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l never had any of this. 

I've been lucky. Most of the employers that I worked for full time gave all these holidays and a couple more. Not everyone is so fortunate. 

But then, some people don't mind working holidays. 

3 minutes ago, notme said:

I've been lucky. Most of the employers that I worked for full time gave all these holidays and a couple more. Not everyone is so fortunate. 

But then, some people don't mind working holidays. 

l like working holidays. lt use to be double time pay.

14 hours ago, starlight said:

^^^Mashallah! 

I used to offer it quite regularly until sometime ago.Alas!life took over :(

According to a narration the person doing this namaz gets whatever he asks for! Please keep us in your duas.  

The hard part now is finding the time to memorize the verses and dua of qunoot required for this salah. :(

2 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

The hard part now is finding the time to memorize the verses and dua of qunoot required for this salah. :(

Don't! Just get it photocopied and read from the paper or booklet or your smartphone until you know them by heart. Keep them ready (bookmarked etc) in your hand so you don't have to look around during namaz.

It's interesting how so many of the highly-recommended nawafil are at nighttime- al-Ghufaylah, the sitting nafl after Isha for us, Salat al-Witr popular after Isha with Sunnis, and of course Salat al-Layl. Makes you wonder how many blessings there are for the taking in this time period.

5 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

It's interesting how so many of the highly-recommended nawafil are at nighttime- al-Ghufaylah, the sitting nafl after Isha for us, Salat al-Witr popular after Isha with Sunnis, and of course Salat al-Layl. Makes you wonder how many blessings there are for the taking in this time period.

- Salat Al-Isha has its own nafila, like any other if the five daily prayers

- Salat Al-Ghufayla is not a nafila, and it is prayed between maghrib and isha. It is a distinctly mustahab salat on its own.

I'm not sure if you wrote your post claiming Al-Ghufayla is Isha's nafila but when I read it it sounded like that. So excuse me brother if I erred.