Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Hmm, so you feel sad about the chaos in the world but not guilty.

Does it make you feel guilt knowing that as an american, every day you go to work you contribute to the american military which in the hands of the trump government (and previous ones) contribute greatly to the same chaos and oppression which makes you sad?

Or that the american tax payers have contributed more to the israeli army budget than the israelis taxpayers themselves?

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-america-really-spends-on-israels-defense-2012-9/?IR=T

I know that my government and the governments of the different countries I have worked in, to different levels, contribute to dhulm and chaos and it makes me feel sad and guilty knowing I may have helped them even the tiniest amount. Knowing that so much suffering is going on in the world, the muslim one in particular, and I am here working and living my own life, wrapped up in my own petty problems, how useless of an existence. 

I will echo what my brother @Gaius I. Caesar said. I feel angry but not guilty. 

Show me a country that is not involved trading arms or not involved in some conflict!!!

As Muslims, we have this disease where we blame all the ills of our society on others. Big bad America; big bad Israel.

Shame on us that there are a billion of us and we can't do anything about the way things are other than feel sad and/or guilty. 

I get what you are saying but I don't agree with it. There is a hadith from the Prophet, "whoever wakes up in the morning and is not concerned about the well-being of the Ummah is not from the Ummah" (something to this effect).  It doesn't say be guilty.

As far as I am aware, my marja has not forbidden living in America.

Dear brother - the Prophet (saw) didn't change the whole world around him and neither should we feel obligated to do so. Let's change our surrounding. Want to make a difference ? Help an elderly cross the road, feed the next poor person a meal, etc.

Your sense of guilt will be taken over by a sense of making a difference, one heart at a time.

14 hours ago, alHussein said:

Oh my goodness I haven't been here for a while, salam alaikum everybody.

Ps, Idk where to post this sooooo.....

Welcome back! This topic discusses all the new changes to the site. Hope you approve: 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235051688-shiachat-upgrade-2017-we-did-it/

Special changes for the Holy Month of Muharram:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235052668-welcome-to-muharram-2017-season/

:fever: Gosh, is it l am that old, or has the educational level of TV reporters dropped this far.  :angry:

All morning, the news said Kim Jong-un called Trump a "doe-tard".

:cry: "What is that word?" , l thought. " l'II look it up later."

So, watching the afternoon news, the TV reporters said, "Doe-tard means an old or senile person."

:ranting: "You ____ people" l thought, "that's DOTARD, pronounced like "doderd" = "t" slurred to a noticeable "d" sound so when slowly pronounced it is "dod-erd".

The word "dotage" is pronounced 'doe-tage'. Which means senility.

:dwarf:  "lt's another communist conspiracy!"

:furious: "Beet sum  ed-u-kay-shon in2 theeze peepul."

But then again, maybe, just maybe, this entire tirade is from my baggage ... or should l say "dotage". [lt does rhyme.]

I can't deal with so much ignorance. 

It just hurts to see my own siblings belittle the message of Imam Hussein (as). They keep listening to music (which is harram anyways) even during Muharram. They refuse to go to majlisis and would only show up to the 10th (even then they are forced by my parents).

I hope Allah guides them. :(

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

It just hurts to see my own siblings belittle the message of Imam Hussein (as). They keep listening to music (which is harram anyways) even during Muharram. They refuse to go to majlisis and would only show up to the 10th (even then they are forced by my parents).

May Allah guide and be pleased with us all, especially during these days of reflection and mourning. Astaghfurillah for all of our short comings.

4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

l see and hear the same with many in my extended family.

Am l disappointed? Yes.

Am l upset?  NO

Why?

Sura 4:88   --for one

17 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l see and hear the same with many in my extended family.

Am l disappointed? Yes.

Am l upset?  NO

Why?

Sura 4:88   --for one

Thanks for this inspirational verse. This assures me that Allah is aware of what I'm going through.