Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

Rate this topic

On 12/19/2017 at 12:00 PM, wolverine said:

Thanks to the ShiaChat team!!

On 12/19/2017 at 8:48 AM, starlight said:

How are your wife and daughter now? Praying for them.

She is doing well. Baby girl is still cooking :) and thanks a lot for your prayers. 

On 12/16/2017 at 3:58 PM, hasanhh said:

:sign_welcome:BACK. Long time no read.

SC has been through a series of transformations. Right now we have a blend of when-you-were-last-here and some experimental formats. This one is better than we had through most of 2017.

Thank you for the welcome brother. Yeah, I see it's quite a medley of things. I'm taking baby-steps again to figure out where I want to be on the forum. But nevertheless - good to see some old time folks here.

20 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Family aware of the plan to go to Isfahan from Qom (by road) inshallah. They don't know that Kashan is en route and I am thinking of a detour.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

While you are in Qom and visiting Sayyida m3souma, please give her my salams and ask her to allow me to visit her again.  If it's not too much to ask.  Thank you brother and of course salams to your daughter Mariam.  God bless your family.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

9 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

Thank you for the welcome brother. Yeah, I see it's quite a medley of things. I'm taking baby-steps again to figure out where I want to be on the forum. But nevertheless - good to see some old time folks here.

You have to remind me l am "old".

12 hours ago, Laayla said:

While you are in Qom and visiting Sayyida m3souma, please give her my salams and ask her to allow me to visit her again.  

Inshallah Sis.

Anyone else with similar requests let me know I am in Mashhad till the 25th Dec and Qom for 3 days thereafter.

1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

Inshallah Sis.

Anyone else with similar requests let me know I am in Mashhad till the 25th Dec and Qom for 3 days thereafter.

Take pictures for SC please and please make duas for us when you visit the Imam(as)!

4 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Inshallah Sis.

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Brother

Please tell Imam on my behalf Asslamu 3layka ya anis al nafous and tell him thank you three times and I love him.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah  

Does anyone have any special pill i can take to sleep for the next 4 weeks and then wake up?

I hate exams.

I hate studying for exams.

I hate everything.

Please someone come and save me

I need shawarmaaa

I need zaytoon

I need bateekh

I need some peng pair of Nike air max kicks

HELP

Salam, 

I am going to Iraq tomorrow inshallah and will be there until the 1st of Jan. I request you all to please pray for my Ziyaraats to be accepted. 

I will pray for the Iman and happiness  all my SC family there. If anyone has any specific duas do let me know please and I will ask for them,if my words are worth anything. 

Apologies to all the people whose PMs I havent been able to reply(@AnaAmmar1 @Pearl178 besides others) but I have been immensely busy at both work and home.I am also emotionally overwhelmed with the thoughts of visiting my beloved Imams (as) and haven't been able to focus on anything else.

Edited by starlight

36 minutes ago, starlight said:

I am going to Iraq tomorrow inshallah and will be there until the 1st of Jan. I request you all to please pray for my Ziyaraats to be accepted. 

I will pray for the Iman and happiness  all my SC family there. If anyone has any specific duas do let me know please and I will ask for them,if my words are worth anything. 

Thank you, Sister. You are in our duas. Safe trip and May Allah SWT accept your ziyarats. 

On 12/21/2017 at 3:45 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Inshallah Sis.

Send my regards to Imam Ridha(as), it might take a while longer before I see him.

12 hours ago, wolverine said:

You cannot get bateekh in winter. It's winter now! Get some frozen strawberries and make a smoothie. Or eat an apple. 

What sort of an Arab man eats strawberries and apples?

I only care about shawarma and bateekh. Sometimes bateekh with shawarma. 

But apples and strawberries? What do you think I am, an 11 year old girl...?

It's so annoying when you give your email address to a news site to send you news then after a few days you click on one of their news stories and you get a popup message that says: You have viewed all your free articles. No, I cannot afford to buy your news stories. :dry:

The words of Isa (as):

“And dutiful to my mother, and He has not made me insolent, unblessed.”(Surah Mariyam 19:32)

وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ إِحْسَانًا حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ كُرْهًا وَوَضَعَتْهُ كُرْهًا وَحَمْلُهُ وَفِصَالُهُ ثَلَاثُونَ شَهْرًا حَتَّى إِذَا بَلَغَ أَشُدَّهُ وَبَلَغَ أَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً قَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِي أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَيَّ وَعَلَى وَالِدَيَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَالِحًا تَرْضَاهُ وَأَصْلِحْ لِي فِي ذُرِّيَّتِي إِنِّي تُبْتُ إِلَيْكَ وَإِنِّي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِينَ

We have enjoined on man kindness to parents; but if they strive to make thee join with Me that of which thou hast no knowledge, then obey them not. Unto Me is your return and I shall tell you what ye used to do. (Surah Ahqaf 15-16)

وَاخْفِضْ لَهُمَا جَنَاحَ الذُّلِّ مِنَ الرَّحْمَةِ وَقُل رَّبِّ ارْحَمْهُمَا كَمَا رَبَّيَانِيصَغِيرًا

And make yourself submissively gentle to them with compassion, and say: “O my Lord! have compassion on them, as they brought me up (when I was) a child." (Surah Isra 24)

Mammy:cuddle:

I've lost a very close relative of mine, please do remember all of our deceased in your Duas.

38 minutes ago, Intellectual Resistance said:

I've lost a very close relative of mine, please do remember all of our deceased in your Duas.

Innaa lillahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon. "Indeed to Allah we belong, and to Him we return." 2:156. (fatiha)

On 12/23/2017 at 10:58 PM, Hameedeh said:

Innaa lillahi Wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji'oon. "Indeed to Allah we belong, and to Him we return." 2:156. (fatiha)

Barakallahu Feeki sister, it's a wake up call really and makes one reevaluate their life and where they are going. 

"Every soul shall taste death" - Noble Quran.

I found some reassuring traditions on death, and these traditions are reliable as per Shia standards, and all of the individuals in the tradition are either Thiqah (trustworthy) or Praised:

"I once asked  Imam Jaffar as-Sadiq (as), about the souls (spirits) of believing people. He said,  'They are in chambers in paradise, they eat and drink thereof and say, "O Lord, make it the Day of  Judgment, allow what You had promised us to come true and join the last of us with those who were  first”.'"" 

علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن محمد بن عثمان ، عن أبي بصير ، عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال سألت أبا عبد الله عليه‌السلام عن أرواح المؤمنين فقال في حجرات في الجنة يأكلون من طعامها ويشربون من شرابها ويقولون ربنا أقم الساعة لنا وأنجز لنا ما وعدتنا وألحق آخرنا بأولنا.

الحديث الرابع : حسن. [Al Kafi, Hasan Hadith]

Imam Jaffar as-Sadiq (as) has said that “ A believing deceased person visits his family. He  observes such matters that he loves and what he dislikes is kept hidden from him. A deceased  unbeliever person also visits his family but observes what he dislikes and things that he loves are kept  hidden from him. Certain ones of these people visit his family every Friday and others visit proportionate to their deeds.”

١ ـ علي بن إبراهيم ، عن أبيه ، عن ابن أبي عمير ، عن حفص بن البختري عن أبي عبد الله عليه‌السلام قال إن المؤمن ليزور أهله فيرى ما يحب ويستر عنه ما يكره وإن الكافر ليزور أهله فيرى ما يكره ويستر عنه ما يحب قال ومنهم من يزور كل جمعة ومنهم من يزور على قدر عمله.

[Reliable Hadith - Hasan from al-Kafi book on the dying person]