Heavenly_Silk

Thoughts 2017

Rate this topic

On 12/31/2016 at 8:16 AM, hasanhh said:

A few years ago l was digging around the house -my house- doing some home-improvements. l happened to look behind me through the bushes and there was a blonde from down the street standing there watching what l was doing.

That's nothing. Where I used to live every time I mowed the lawn an elderly man across the street would phone a few friends and they'd all sit together on his porch and watch the only hijabi ninja with a three wheeled lawn mower in the neighborhood. It was disconcerting. 

"...Fatimah shunned him and did not speak to him about it until she died . 'Ali buried her at night and did not permit Abu Bakr to attend [her burial].'357 While Fatimah was alive, 'Ali held respect among the people. After she died, their attention turned away from him .1358 Falimah continued to live for six months after the Messenger of God 's [death] and then died. Ma'mar: A man asked al-Zuhri, "Did 'Ali not give his oath of allegiance for six months?" "No, nor anyone of the Bann Hashim until `Ali rendered his," he replied. "

Tarikh At Tabari

It just seems so strange:

1. Fatima a.s being buried secretly, very few even being informed of her death until she is buried. Given her absolute prominence and position , this is rather strange.

2. Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s and members of the banu hashim [as well as potentially other companions] not giving their oath of allegiance for six whole months. That is 1/4 of the caliphate of the first caliph.

3. Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s despite all of his bravery, sometimes single-handedly winning battles and clear superiority, seemed to lose respect after the death of Fatima a.s. This speaks volumes about the jealousy and hatred towards him. It's clear why the banu ummayah hated him, and why some of the kuffar of Makkah hated him [before they converted or had no other choice to convert to save face]. It is also clear why some prominent sahaba saw him a threat to their own rule, and jealousy and greed over power, especially one as attractive and appealing as the authority the Prophet [saw] had has turned many good men away from the right way and such examples are numerous in history.  

It seems Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s only gives his bayyah when he has no other choice. He seems to evaluate the situation and decide the best course of action in those six months. When he realises that, while he may have a decent minority to support him, his challengers among the banu ummayah, bedouins, some among the ansaar, and ofcourse, some among the muharijoon, entailed it was simply not feasible to mount a challenge without causing havock to wreak on a very infant Ummah, only mourning the death of the Prophet [saw], having several clans 'apostating' , with the roman and persians either side who would have loved to take advantage of a weak Ummah. Remember, the battle of tabouk, which was a non-battle, showed how there were outside forces wanting to attack the muslims [the first 'battle' which didn't take place in the end, intentioned against an outside non-arab force].

Edited by uponthesunnah

Also worthy of note, the Ansaar seem to gather at Saqifah out of worry of the plans of some prominent muhajirs [emigrants] who they suspected of having and making plans of leadership after the Prophet [saw]. It is evident the Ansaar was very insecure generally speaking, about giving so much up for Islam and then being side-lined. This is effectively what happened, and there was not a single caliph from the Ansaar as they were relegated away from such a position.

It seems that many 'good' people would have pledged Allegiance to Ali ibn Abi Talib a.s, but to counter efforts of the Muhajirs [some of them] the Ansaar decided to preemptively go to Saqifah.

With the Saqifah debacle, the ridda wars, the banu hashim and a number of companions withholding their allegiance for six whole months - and Fatima a.s never recognising Abu Bakr as her caliph [anyone claiming Fatima a.s would dishonour her husband and give her allegiance while Ali a.s and the rest of the banu hashim withheld would be intellectually dishonest], it just seems so strange why it is alleged the Prophet [saw] made absolutely no plans for such a pivotal transition of leadership after him.

Even in America, you have the president elect already given the 'oath' per say and deemed the next leader after and chosen, before his official inaugaration when the current president leaves. Put that side, if Obama were to die, the role of his VP is to take office to avoid a calamity in leadership crisis and the vacuum that would ensue. Put that side, if the VP were to die, there is even a designated 'third' president. That's how careful they are in ensuring the community had a leader, lest there be a political vacuum.

But we are supposed to believe the Prophet of God, who in the Quran is said to be anxious and constantly worrying and caring about us, and his Ummah, does not even make plans for the transition of leadership after him? The same man who never left a city without appointing a governor?

Everyone, please read what occurred at Saqifah, narrated by none other than Hz Umar bin Al Khattab [who was there]. His account is not entirely accurate as there are major holes in that paticular narrative, but suffice to say, Saqifah can not be described as a 'election' or a 'consultation/shurah' by the 'wisemen and leaders', but a word more apt at giving you a flavour of what entailed in those four walls is a 'utter and total debacle'.

I call it, the 'Saqifah Debacle': https://sunnah.com/bukhari/86/57

My favourite quote: "And then one of the Ansar said, 'I am the pillar on which the camel with a skin disease (eczema) rubs itself to satisfy the itching (i.e., I am a noble), and I am as a high class palm tree! O Quraish. There should be one ruler from us and one from you.' "

Edited by uponthesunnah

Ok real talk guys: 

After doing some research, I have found a way to get limited edition sneakers (almost) anytime I want. Jordans, NMDs, Ultraboosts, celebrity designed sneakers, you name it - I can get them.. 

I think it is worth the risk to spend and invest in 5-10 sneakers at first and try to sell them on ebay/kijiji at a profit, this means I gotta spend ~$1000-$1500 on rare shoes and cross my fingers. 

I think I'll take the risk and see if it works. 

If it works, hey, its an awesome venture on the side, I can still just rid my rare sneakers at retail cost anyways.

What do you guys think? 

1 hour ago, GreyMatter said:

What do you guys think? 

do it, its hardly any risk VS potentially huge returns on investment. 99% of successful business is just taking advantage of a niche. its not like you will lose your house that if it fails it is a disaster

1 hour ago, DigitalUmmah said:

do it, its hardly any risk VS potentially huge returns on investment. 99% of successful business is just taking advantage of a niche. its not like you will lose your house that if it fails it is a disaster

That's right. Considering I have locked my considerable savings on risky venture stocks and did just fine, looks like I'll take the risk on this.

If you want those hyped sneakers for some odd reason, they won't be available anywhere but in my garage, heh.

3 hours ago, GreyMatter said:

Ok real talk guys: 

After doing some research, I have found a way to get limited edition sneakers (almost) anytime I want. Jordans, NMDs, Ultraboosts, celebrity designed sneakers, you name it - I can get them.. 

I think it is worth the risk to spend and invest in 5-10 sneakers at first and try to sell them on ebay/kijiji at a profit, this means I gotta spend ~$1000-$1500 on rare shoes and cross my fingers. 

I think I'll take the risk and see if it works. 

If it works, hey, its an awesome venture on the side, I can still just rid my rare sneakers at retail cost anyways.

What do you guys think? 

This 16yr made millions selling sneakers I never knew until Now they were kindda big deal. 

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/benjamin-kickz-sneaker-don.html 

Edited by ErikCartman

2 hours ago, ErikCartman said:

This 16yr made millions selling sneakers I never knew until Now they were kindda big deal. 

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/08/benjamin-kickz-sneaker-don.html 

Yes, yes!

I added him on instagram and he was the inspiration behind my research, like how is HE getting these rare sneakers? How? 

Until I found some leads, still far off, will go after these and see what happens :O 

On 2016-12-31 at 0:00 PM, hameedeh said:

@IbnSina You could also bury the slip of paper and over time it would dissolve inside the damp earth, but then there might be an investigation why a Muslim was digging somewhere and what was he burying. It's better to go to the paper recycling place. 

Is it not allowed to burn it as well? I have this faint memory in the back of my head hearing someone saying its one of the allowed ways.

Just now, IbnSina said:

Is it not allowed to burn it as well? I have this faint memory in the back of my head hearing someone saying its one of the allowed ways.

No, burning is not allowed according to Shias. Burning the name of Allah would be like burning a part of the Holy Qur'an. 

11 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

No, burning is not allowed according to Shias. Burning the name of Allah would be like burning a part of the Holy Qur'an. 

Burning of the holy Qur'an is one of the allowed ways of dispose according to our sunni siblings right?

Also, if I write the name of Allah(SWT) in a language that is not the language of the holy Qur'an, does that argument still stand?

Edited by IbnSina

Just now, IbnSina said:

Burning of the holy Qur'an is one of the allowed ways of dispose according to our sunni siblings right?

Yes, Sunnis allow burning an old Qur'an. Shias would put an old Qur'an in a museum. So the slip of paper with Allah's name on it has to become wet, either in the river, in the ground or in the slurry process of a paper recycling plant. You could put the slip of paper in a cup of water and let it sit until the ink leaves the paper, then pour the water outside, not down the drain.

Just now, hameedeh said:

Yes, Sunnis allow burning an old Qur'an. Shias would put an old Qur'an in a museum. So the slip of paper with Allah's name on it has to become wet, either in the river, in the ground or in the slurry process of a paper recycling plant. You could put the slip of paper in a cup of water and let it sit until the ink leaves the paper, then pour the water outside, not down the drain.

Sorry I edited it while you where answering

Also, if I write the name of Allah(SWT) in a language that is not the language of the holy Qur'an, does that argument still stand?

Also, speaking of this, some times I clean my turbah by scraping away the top layer with a sharp knife, is there a specific way of disposing the clay that gets scraped off, for example if it is clay from Karbala?

30 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Also, speaking of this, some times I clean my turbah by scraping away the top layer with a sharp knife, is there a specific way of disposing the clay that gets scraped off, for example if it is clay from Karbala?

Put it outside, in water or in earth. I have heard that some Shias put it in the dirt of a flower pot, but I would not recommend that because if the plant died someone might put it in the trash, not knowing that the turbah was in the dirt. 

41 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Yes, I think so. The same way that some Jewish people write the word G-d, the Muslims can write the name All-h, so that there won't be a problem of how to dispose of papers with Allah's name on it.  

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:52 AM, Heavenly_Silk said:

:bismillah:

2017-01-01-PHOTO-00000470.jpg

l'm still in Holiday Recovery...

Gosh l ate way too much.

l'm still sleeping it (the sugar, that is) off.