sefket83

Muhammeds (a.s) extraordinary reason

Rate this topic

10 hours ago, baqar said:

My views?

Where did you find my views on the punishment of children?

I did not express any. 

No you did not. I did, but this was not the subject of my interest. Your quote about womens testimony being half only when it comes to financial was. I never heard this before. If from Karen Armstrong, me questioning it could be risky. However I am sceptical, could it be taken out of context?. In Muslim nations women are not treated as equals, not only in financial matters. Forgive me for being indifferent about you feeling this has got no logical connection with your post.

39 minutes ago, andres said:

In Muslim nations women are not treated as equals, not only in financial matters. 

Muslim nations are not necessarily the barometer of Islamic teachings.

40 minutes ago, andres said:

Forgive me for being indifferent about you feeling this has got no logical connection with your post.

No problem.

6 minutes ago, baqar said:

Muslim nations are not necessarily the barometer of Islamic teachings.

I can only understand you so that in cases of crimes like adultery and murder, a womans testimony equals a mans according to the Quran. I dare not say. Any Muslims around  that disagree?

I did some googling. There seems to be no consensus on how to interpret the Quran concerning the matter of 1man=2women witnesses. 

Here one that supports Baqars view:

http://misconceptions-about-islam.com/two-female-witnesses-one-male.htm

Here one that disagrees. (Really stoneage):

https://islamqa.info/en/20051

Is it a matter of difference between Shia and another sect?

Salam 

The witness of one man is equal to one woman. This is evidently affirmed in cases such as charges of lewdness and slander where no other witnesses are present (24:6-9). Other witness requirements in the Qur’aan show no privilege for a certain gender:

And those who accuse their spouses, but they have no witnesses except for themselves, then the testimony of one of them is to be equivalent to that of four witnesses if it is sworn by God that he is being truthful. And the fifth shall be the curse of God upon him if he is of the liars. And the punishment will be averted from her if she bears witness four times by God that he is of the liars. And the fifth shall be the curse of God upon her if he is speaking the truth.

THE MATTER OF INHERITANCE

Islamophobes claim that when it comes to inheritance, the men get more inheritance than the woman, thus this is misogynistic and the women is inferior in Islam. But, what these people don’t consider is that the husband is the breadwinner which is difficult to dispute from the Qur’aan. The man is obliged to spend more than the woman.

This we can arrive at by reasoning that the inheritance laws and the way it is organized (4:11, 4:12, 4:176), the husband need to give mahr i.e., dowry (4:24) – “…So, for those of them you find pleasing, then you shall give them their dowries as an obligation..”

the expectation of men to support their young after divorce (2:233), to provide their women with a provision upon divorce (2:229, 33:49) – “…And the man for whom the child is born is responsible for both their provisions and clothing equitably…”

and clearly proven by the statement "wa'bima anfaqu min amwalihim" (because they (husbands) spend from their wealth) when in reference to the general maintenance of women (4:34).