sefket83

Muhammeds (a.s) extraordinary reason

Rate this topic

I am a bit made uncertain because Christians say that it was angel satan that visited Muhammed (a.s) because he can according to them show himself as a shining angel but I wonder how Muhammed (a.s) knew it was angel Jibril (a.s) for certain. I really do not know so please help.

Thank you

5 minutes ago, sefket83 said:

I am a bit made uncertain because Christians say that it was angel satan that visited Muhammed (a.s) because he can according to them show himself as a shining angel but I wonder how Muhammed (a.s) knew it was angel Jibril (a.s) for certain. I really do not know so please help.

Thank you

1. It was angel because what it brought with Him benefited humanity and not harmed. Satan harms.

2. Prophet Muhammad pbuhhp never lied nor did any inappropriate things which may imply that he pbuhhp would be controlled by Satan like us. Many of satans ran away because of His coming. Such as Satan of idolatry, greed, bad treatment to women and ignorance.

3. Satan is actually speaking from the mouth of those who allege prophet for nothing and knew that he pbuhhp was great person.  It is job of Satan to blame good doers for nothing.

Just now, sefket83 said:

Thank you

Not all Christians say. It could have been Jibril, it could have been epileptic attacs, but I do not believe it was Satan.  After all Muhammed brought improvements to the Arab population. I am not even certain Satan exist. 

3 hours ago, andres said:

Not all Christians say. It could have been Jibril, it could have been epileptic attacs, but I do not believe it was Satan.  After all Muhammed brought improvements to the Arab population. I am not even certain Satan exist. 

Doubt in a clear thing is due to the presence of Satan.

7 hours ago, Sindbad05 said:

Doubt in a clear thing is due to the presence of Satan.

Satan may be very clear in Islam, but Islam is only 1400 years old, and human race is at least 100 times older. 

5 hours ago, andres said:

Satan may be very clear in Islam, but Islam is only 1400 years old, and human race is at least 100 times older. 

It was always described by Prophets since the first Human itself that is certified by all "Divine religions" was Adam himself. So, Satan was Known to first human as well that lived centuries before us. 

Just now, Sindbad05 said:

It was always described by Prophets since the first Human itself that is certified by all "Divine religions" was Adam himself. So, Satan was Known to first human as well that lived centuries before us. 

Satan has been known for many centuries but 3.000 years ago our moniteistic religions did not exist. We know this from documents and archeology.

22 minutes ago, andres said:

Satan has been known for many centuries but 3.000 years ago our moniteistic religions did not exist. We know this from documents and archeology.

You are mistaken bro, Adam was first and first prophet who was before 3000 BC and so were Noah, Ibrahim and this information is coming to us since then generations to generations though some information was depraved and some lost but still we got about how world begin and about lives of Prophets and saints living thousands of years before us.

You are mistaken bro, Adam was first and first prophet who was before 3000 BC and so were Noah, Ibrahim and this information is coming to us since then generations to generations though some information was depraved and some lost but still we got about how world begin and about lives of Prophets and saints living thousands of years before us.

And your only source of these prophets  is the Quran. Written 7th century AD.

This is a common argument brought forth by the fundamentalist Christians living in Sweden and other parts of the world. Some of these people have strong hatred towards Muslims and Islam because it challenges and denies many parts of their theology and christology. In fact, if the Qur'an had one verse (refuting and criticizing them taking Jesus as ilah), they'd still call it a revelation from satan and would slander the Prophet (s.a.w.) as an anti-christ. It's about the content!

Allaah subhaanahu wa ta'ala says in the Qur'aan:

O you who have believed, enter into submission to Allaah completely and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. (2:208)

O mankind, eat from whatever is on earth that is lawful and good and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. (2:168)

And of the grazing livestock are carriers [of burdens] and those [too] small. Eat of what Allaah has provided for you and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. (6:142)

So he made them fall, through deception. And when they tasted of the tree, their private parts became apparent to them, and they began to fasten together over themselves from the leaves of Paradise. And their Lord called to them, "Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that Satan is to you a clear enemy?" (7:22)

And tell My servants to say that which is best. Indeed, Satan induces dissension among them. Indeed Satan is ever, to mankind, a clear enemy. (17:53)

Indeed, Satan is an enemy to you; so take him as an enemy. He only invites his party to be among the companions of the Blaze. (35:6)

Did I not enjoin upon you, O children of Adam, that you not worship Satan - indeed, he is to you a clear enemy (36:60)

And never let Satan avert you. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy. (43:62)

Just now, Ijaz Ahmad Al-Swedi said:

This is a common argument brought forth by the fundamentalist Christians living in Sweden and other parts of the world. 

I think that was to me. Förlåt om jag misstog mig.

Christian fundamentalists can not believe in the Quran just as little as fundamentalist Muslims believe in the Bible. 

Having said this, the fact remains: 

The oldest traces we have on Abraham, Noah and Adam are from the Jewish Bible, written in the 1st milennium BC. They were not prophets and according to the Bible the Israelis were still practising the cananeean Gods, El, Ashera, Baal and others in the beginning of that milennium. Archeologists say they did at least until 400.BC. Facts that fundamental Christians oversee. 

The Quran, a milennium after the OT turns Abraham, Noak and Adam into prophets. There is nothing hateful in my remark, it is pure fact. And if you followed Swedish media the last 24 hours, you would know that the great majority of Swedes, say that Islam is not responsible for terror. I agree with this. Terrorism is fed by poverty, humiliation, lack of freedom and poor education.

On April 7, 2017 at 2:55 AM, sefket83 said:

I am a bit made uncertain because Christians say that it was angel satan that visited Muhammed (a.s) because he can according to them show himself as a shining angel 

????????? Never heard that one. Pretty rude.

6 hours ago, Ijaz Ahmad Al-Swedi said:

This is a common argument brought forth by the fundamentalist Christians living in Sweden and other parts of the world. Some of these people have strong hatred towards Muslims and Islam because it challenges and denies many parts of their theology and christology. 

Do you have a lot of those fundamentalists living in Sweden?

I wouldn't think so.

Just now, LeftCoastMom said:

Do you have a lot of those fundamentalists living in Sweden?

I wouldn't think so.

Of course there are Christian fundamentalists here too. They do not disturb others except their own members. I am rather certain they are a smaller minority than in USA.

Edited by andres

18 hours ago, andres said:

And your only source of these prophets  is the Quran. Written 7th century AD.

7th century Quran elaborated 3000 years old incomplete historical accounts and also told that Prophet PBUHHP was mentioned in Torah and Bible who would come for the rescue of the people. Also foretold many more events while they had not taken place. if you do not believe after that then I think there is no need for further discussion for that because if you refuse everything than obviously it is not going to happen that you will acknowledge any fact which I mention. 

17 hours ago, andres said:

The Quran, a milennium after the OT turns Abraham, Noak and Adam into prophets. There is nothing hateful in my remark, it is pure fact. And if you followed Swedish media the last 24 hours, you would know that the great majority of Swedes, say that Islam is not responsible for terror. I agree with this. Terrorism is fed by poverty, humiliation, lack of freedom and poor education.

Where in the OT, it is written that Abraham, Noak and Adam were not Prophets ? While they were main people who guided their nations and took away from them idolatry and wrong notions.  

7th century Quran elaborated 3000 years old incomplete historical accounts and also told that Prophet PBUHHP was mentioned in Torah and Bible who would come for the rescue of the people. Also foretold many more events while they had not taken place. if you do not believe after that then I think there is no need for further discussion for that because if you refuse everything than obviously it is not going to happen that you will acknowledge any fact which I mention. 

Rubbish to me. Muhammed is not mentioned in the Bible. However it is correct that the Bible is not a complete history book.  It contains stories that are myths and actually incorrect, but so does the Quran. 

5 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

Where in the OT, it is written that Abraham, Noak and Adam were not Prophets ? While they were main people who guided their nations and took away from them idolatry and wrong notions.  

So you mean the Bible regards them as prophets because it is never said they were not Prophets. Strange argumentation. Where does the Bible say these three "prophets" took away idolatry and wrong notions from the Israelites? Or do you likewise argue they did because the Bible does not say they did not ?  

The three personalities are not the entirely same caracters in the Bible and the Quran

Here are two arguments your style. Feel free to choose.

1) The Bible is corrupted because the Quran never say it is not.

2) The Bible is not corrupted because the Quran never say it is.

Edited by andres

18 minutes ago, andres said:

So you mean the Bible regards them as prophets because it is never said they were not Prophets. Strange argumentation. Where does the Bible say these three "prophets" took away idolatry and wrong notions from the Israelites? Or do you likewise argue they did because the Bible does not say they did not ?  

The three personalities are not the entirely same caracters in the Bible and the Quran

Here are two arguments your style. Feel free to choose.

2) The Bible is not corrupted because the Quran never say it is.

Did Abraham Noak, and Adam worshiped one God or idols ? If they worshiped one God it speaks that they hate idolatry and were opposed to it, so, I think even if it not mentions it then does mentions through their conduct what belief they held. Secondly, why would Angels visit to people and bring news of Happiness and punishment to those for their nations. Read in OT that Angels kept Prophet Ibrahim and Lot informed for good news and punishment which were incurred upon nations due to their disobedience. And why will God care to tell them if they were not Prophets, I think it makes sense. Think about it. 

Even if it is corrupted, it did not mean that everything in it is corrupted, did Quran say that whole of Bible is corrupted ? It did not. 

The verses which speak about Jesus being God, it is a explicit lie because God does not have a body and does not walk so that it depends on his feet, God is already everywhere and finally God does not eat food like Bible points out to Jesus being Prophet who eats food. So, the verses which speak that Jesus walked and ate food are contradicting those verses which are saying that Prophet Jesus was God. So, you can see what wrongs and right are in Bible. 

26 minutes ago, andres said:

"Nor did people of the book make schism until came to them clear signs". (al-Quran)

"There are some who distort the communications of God so that they may get some worldly benefits" (Al-Quran)

There are many verses such as above that implied to deprivations made in Bible and Torah please read about it in Quran. 

Hi Sindbad

As far as I know, the Quran never says the Bible is corrupted. Nor does it say the Bible is not corrupted. 

The Jewish Bible describes a world where there are many Gods to choose between. It says Abraham grew up in a polytheistic family, but that El (a Cananeean God) promised him the land of Canaan if he would stick to him only. The Israelites repeatedly broke this treaty, and were consequently punished. Adam and Noah are not described as infallible Prophets in the Bible. The Bible is not the Quran, and Judaism is not Islam. Judaism is about 1.800 years older.

On 8 April 2017 at 10:05 AM, andres said:

By this logic, shouldn't you be questioning whether the Abrahamic God even exists?

On 4/9/2017 at 11:34 PM, andres said:

Hi Sindbad

As far as I know, the Quran never says the Bible is corrupted. Nor does it say the Bible is not corrupted. 

The Jewish Bible describes a world where there are many Gods to choose between. It says Abraham grew up in a polytheistic family, but that El (a Cananeean God) promised him the land of Canaan if he would stick to him only. The Israelites repeatedly broke this treaty, and were consequently punished. Adam and Noah are not described as infallible Prophets in the Bible. The Bible is not the Quran, and Judaism is not Islam. Judaism is about 1.800 years older.

What are the above verses and other verses saying towards Jews and Christans ? 

On 8 April 2017 at 2:00 PM, andres said:

I think that was to me. Förlåt om jag misstog mig.

Christian fundamentalists can not believe in the Quran just as little as fundamentalist Muslims believe in the Bible. 

Having said this, the fact remains: 

The oldest traces we have on Abraham, Noah and Adam are from the Jewish Bible, written in the 1st milennium BC. They were not prophets and according to the Bible the Israelis were still practising the cananeean Gods, El, Ashera, Baal and others in the beginning of that milennium. Archeologists say they did at least until 400.BC. Facts that fundamental Christians oversee. 

Think you'll find that Jews certainly do view Noah and Abraham as Prophets. What makes you think they aren't?

On 4/8/2017 at 1:10 PM, LeftCoastMom said:

????????? Never heard that one. Pretty rude.

I have heard it so it must be a Protestant Christian thing. 

It's quite simple. Protestant logic. (Baptist, Bible belt sub sects).

We have the one and only true understanding of religion. 

Nobody else has the whole truth like we do. Anything outside our dogma is to play with the devil. We don't care to see anything about your religion because we know we are right, so you are obviously on the devils path.

That's about other Christian religions, now add Islam.

Everything spins from that platform. Part of the reason I detached myself from them.