Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened Follower

Irrefutable evidence Islam is against rape

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

Then one can question here "Is Islam against slavery?"

If one cannot do justice with two wives, he is advised to marry one & buy slave girls for his sexual satisfaction? Is this the case brother? 

Yes. There is no problem with being married but also have slave-girls.

2 minutes ago, E.L King said:

These are the sayings of men.

"Islam's war against slavery aimed at changing the attitude and mentality of the whole society, so that after emancipation, slaves would become its full-fledged members, without any need of demonstrations, strikes, civil disobedience and racial riots. And Islam achieved this seemingly impossible objective without any war. To say that Islam waged no war against slavery would not be a true statement. A war it waged, but a war in which neither sword was resorted to, nor blood was spilled.

Islam aimed at striking at the roots of its foe and created allies by arousing the finer instincts of its followers."

(al-islam.org/Islam attacks slavery)

Just now, Engineer73 said:

"Islam's war against slavery aimed at changing the attitude and mentality of the whole society, so that after emancipation, slaves would become its full-fledged members, without any need of demonstrations, strikes, civil disobedience and racial riots. And Islam achieved this seemingly impossible objective without any war. To say that Islam waged no war against slavery would not be a true statement. A war it waged, but a war in which neither sword was resorted to, nor blood was spilled.

Islam aimed at striking at the roots of its foe and created allies by arousing the finer instincts of its followers."

(al-islam.org/Islam attacks slavery)

That's changing the details and rules of slavery pre-Islam and not destroying it as a whole. 

Otherwise the Holy Qur'an would have said slavery is prohibited, or the Prophet would have. Why wasn't it prohibited? Why wasn't it atleast makruh?

Add to that, the Imams had slaves. The companions of the Imams had slaves. Yes they freed some, but they kept some. If it was a bad thing why would the Imams do it? Do the Imams do bad things?

We have entire chapters in our Fiqh books like Wasa'il Al-Shia dedicated to the issue of slavery.

1 minute ago, E.L King said:

That's changing the details and rules of slavery pre-Islam and not destroying it as a whole. 

Otherwise the Holy Qur'an would have said slavery is prohibited, or the Prophet would have. Why wasn't it prohibited? Why wasn't it atleast makruh?

Add to that, the Imams had slaves. The companions of the Imams had slaves. Yes they freed some, but they kept some. If it was a bad thing why would the Imams do it? Do the Imams do bad things?

We have entire chapters in our Fiqh books like Wasa'il Al-Shia dedicated to the issue of slavery.

I will quote some more points from the same chapter available at al-islam.org

And those who seek a deed [of liberation] from among those [slaves] whom your right hands possess, give them the writing (kitab) if you know of goodness in them, and give them of the wealth of Allah which He has given you.. (Qur'an 24:33)

The word kitab in the verse stands for the written contract between the slave and his master known as mukatabah - deed of contract. The significant factor in mukatabah is that when a slave desires to get into such a mutual written contract, the master should not refuse it. In the verse quoted above, God has made it incumbent upon Muslims to help the slaves in getting liberated.

When a slave wants to get himself freed, the master has not only to agree to it, but he is also directed to help the slave from his own wealth.The only provision being the satisfaction to the effect that the slave would live a respectable life after earning his freedom. Thus, about 1400 years ago Islam dealt in the most effective way a death blow to slavery.

It also directed that the slaves seeking freedom should be helped from the public treasury (baytul mal).Thus, as a last resort, the Prophet and his rightful successors were to provide ransom for the slaves out of state coffers. The Qur'an recognises the emancipation of slaves as one of the permissible expenditures of alms and charity.

It is worth remembering that a slave automatically became free if the master cut his ear or blinded his eye. Also if the slaves, living in an Islamic state, accepted Islam before their masters, then they would become free automatically. If the slave became blind or handicapped he would become free. According to Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (peace be upon him), if a slave is Muslim and has worked for seven years then he should be set free. Forcing him to work after seven years is not permissible. It is because of this tradition (hadith) that the religious scholars are of the opinion that freeing the slave after seven years is a highly recommended deed of virtue.

In addition to these compulsory ways of emancipation, voluntary emancipation of slaves was declared as the purest form of charity. Imam 'Ali emancipated one thousand slaves, purchasing them from his own money. The same was the number of the slaves emancipated by the seventh Imam Musa al-Kazim. The fourth Imam, 'Ali bin al-Husayn, used to emancipate every slave in his household on the eve of 'Idd (the annual celebration of Muslims). It is important to note that in all the above cases, the freed slaves were provided with sufficient means to earn their livelihood respectably.

Islam is the first and the only religion which has prescribed liberation of slaves as a virtue and a condition of genuine faith in God. No religion other than Islam has ever preached and enjoined how best we can show our love for fellow human beings in bondage. In chapter ninety of the Qur'an, liberating a slave has been prescribed as a cardinal virtue of the faith:

Certainly We have created men [to dwell] in distress. What! Does he think that no one has power over him? He shall say, “I have wasted much wealth” Does he think that no one sees him? Have We not given him two eyes, a tongue and two lips, and We pointed out to him the two conspicuous ways [of good and evil]? But he would not attempt the uphill road. What will make you comprehend what the uphill road is? It is the setting free of a slave....(90:4-13)

It should be mentioned that the setting free of a slave has been highly commended. Islam controlled slavery in such a graceful and practical way that it made the maintaining of a slave a great responsibility for the master, and at the same time it enjoined so much care and kindness to the slaves that in many cases when the slaves were set free they did not like to leave their masters.

فَلَا اقْتَحَمَ الْعَقَبَةَ
وَمَا أَدْرَاكَ مَا الْعَقَبَةُ
فَكُّ رَقَبَةٍ
90:11.13

Is this not the command of Allah? Free the slaves???

Edited by Engineer73

33 minutes ago, E.L King said:

If I were the slave of any of my Imam (although I am with my heart & soul), and he order to free me, I would have begged him to keep me as his slave. I would have selected to remain their slave with my own free will. Why you do not think this scenario, while giving the example of our Imams (peace be upon them all)?

14 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

I will quote some more points from the same chapter available at al-islam.org

And those who seek a deed [of liberation] from among those [slaves] whom your right hands possess, give them the writing (kitab) if you know of goodness in them, and give them of the wealth of Allah which He has given you.. (Qur'an 24:33)

The word kitab in the verse stands for the written contract between the slave and his master known as mukatabah - deed of contract. The significant factor in mukatabah is that when a slave desires to get into such a mutual written contract, the master should not refuse it. In the verse quoted above, God has made it incumbent upon Muslims to help the slaves in getting liberated.

When a slave wants to get himself freed, the master has not only to agree to it, but he is also directed to help the slave from his own wealth.The only provision being the satisfaction to the effect that the slave would live a respectable life after earning his freedom. Thus, about 1400 years ago Islam dealt in the most effective way a death blow to slavery.

It also directed that the slaves seeking freedom should be helped from the public treasury (baytul mal).Thus, as a last resort, the Prophet and his rightful successors were to provide ransom for the slaves out of state coffers. The Qur'an recognises the emancipation of slaves as one of the permissible expenditures of alms and charity.

It is worth remembering that a slave automatically became free if the master cut his ear or blinded his eye. Also if the slaves, living in an Islamic state, accepted Islam before their masters, then they would become free automatically. If the slave became blind or handicapped he would become free. According to Imam Ja'far al-Sadiq (peace be upon him), if a slave is Muslim and has worked for seven years then he should be set free. Forcing him to work after seven years is not permissible. It is because of this tradition (hadith) that the religious scholars are of the opinion that freeing the slave after seven years is a highly recommended deed of virtue.

In addition to these compulsory ways of emancipation, voluntary emancipation of slaves was declared as the purest form of charity. Imam 'Ali emancipated one thousand slaves, purchasing them from his own money. The same was the number of the slaves emancipated by the seventh Imam Musa al-Kazim. The fourth Imam, 'Ali bin al-Husayn, used to emancipate every slave in his household on the eve of 'Idd (the annual celebration of Muslims). It is important to note that in all the above cases, the freed slaves were provided with sufficient means to earn their livelihood respectably.

Islam is the first and the only religion which has prescribed liberation of slaves as a virtue and a condition of genuine faith in God. No religion other than Islam has ever preached and enjoined how best we can show our love for fellow human beings in bondage. In chapter ninety of the Qur'an, liberating a slave has been prescribed as a cardinal virtue of the faith:

Certainly We have created men [to dwell] in distress. What! Does he think that no one has power over him? He shall say, “I have wasted much wealth” Does he think that no one sees him? Have We not given him two eyes, a tongue and two lips, and We pointed out to him the two conspicuous ways [of good and evil]? But he would not attempt the uphill road. What will make you comprehend what the uphill road is? It is the setting free of a slave....(90:4-13)

It should be mentioned that the setting free of a slave has been highly commended. Islam controlled slavery in such a graceful and practical way that it made the maintaining of a slave a great responsibility for the master, and at the same time it enjoined so much care and kindness to the slaves that in many cases when the slaves were set free they did not like to leave their masters.

The discussion is not here about Slavery but Sex-Slaves. The question I pointed out that if there is a girl and her master had sexual-intercourse with her and then releases her, She is not bound to go through Iddah, if they had sex without marriage bond, and if after that another person marries her and she had intercourse with her, and a Child born after 6 months and it resembles earlier father but took birth after her marriage to second men whom will child inherit ?????? It was due to this fact that Islam made it liable for women to go through Iddah after marriage so that it be known that she was not pregnant and if she was then Iddah period will prolong till child is born. 

This is the law of Quran as taught by Prophet PBUHHP. 

[4:24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication.

There is explicitly written "not committing fornication" and "in marriage", so why it is difficult for you bro @E.L King :)

If you are follower of Prophet PBUHHP and Imam Ali a.s, use your intellect and search for justice. If there is doubt, there is no Islam, so, "whom child will inherit"- if it is doubt then this is not Islam bro. 

Just now, Sindbad05 said:

The discussion is not here about Slavery but Sex-Slaves.

:) It is a part of slavery brother.

1 minute ago, Sindbad05 said:

The question I pointed out that if there is a girl and her master had sexual-intercourse with her and then releases her, She is not bound to go through Iddah, if they had sex without marriage bond, and if after that another person marries her and she had intercourse with her, and a Child born after 6 months and it resembles earlier father but took birth after her marriage to second men whom will child inherit ??????

As per the general law of Quran, every women, whether slave or free, need to go through iddah to avoid such situation.

Secondly, I am saying that our religion has clearly mentioned that there is no place of slavery in Islam. You can recite the verses of chapter 90 (Surah Al-Balad)... "Fakku Raqabah" means "the setting free of a slave". 

Just now, Engineer73 said:

It is a part of slavery brother.

It is part but discussion is here about "Rape" and "not Slavery" and "Sex-Slaves" as Sunni brothers believe to grab a women and do whatever you want to do with her, is un-Islamic and inhuman. 

2 minutes ago, Engineer73 said:

As per the general law of Quran, every women, whether slave or free, need to go through iddah to avoid such situation.

If there is "Iddah", you have to admit that there is "Segha-e-Nikkah". So, I request not to call this that "any women as a Slave has comply by the rules of possessors to have sex with her without Nikkah" because there is "no compulsion in Islam". She can work as a servant but without "Nikkah" she cannot be compelled to sexual relationship.  

as Sunni brothers believe to grab a women and do whatever you want to do with her, is un-Islamic and inhuman. 

He is correct, as per my point of view. It is un-Islamic & inhuman as well.

17 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

I think you are using wrong sites of that says to have Tafseer-i-Mizan. Because Imam Ali a.s never said what you are posting here, bro. 

Brother I got it from the Tafsir Al-Mizan website. Here if you want it, they have translated quite a bit:

http://m.almizan.org

Also the hadith I quoted is in Al-Kafi.

Just now, E.L King said:

Brother I got it from the Tafsir Al-Mizan website. Here if you want it, they have translated quite a bit:

http://m.almizan.org

Also the hadith I quoted is in Al-Kafi.

Bro, yeah but Did Aqa-i-Tabatabai said that it is from God whatever he said? He wrote whatever he read according to his research but every commentator admits that His "Tafsir" is not perfect. And, secondly, I do not know whether the site which you are using is credible and supported by Ulemas as good or not ?

12 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

[4:24] And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication.

There is explicitly written "not committing fornication" and "in marriage", so why it is difficult for you bro @E.L King :)

It is not difficult for me bro, as I have already mentioned to you the tafsir of Allama Tabataba'i regarding this Verse:

QUR'AN: Forbidden to you are your mothers and your daughters and your sisters and your paternal aunts and your maternal aunts and brother's daughters and sister's daughters: It is the list of those who are prohibited by blood-relation; they are seven in number. 'Mother' is a woman from whom man is born; either direct or through an intermediary, like father's mother or mother's mother, how high so ever. 'Daughter' is a woman who is born of the man, either direct or through an intermediary, like son's daughter or daughter's daughter, how low so ever. 'Sister' is a woman having affinity with the man by common birth from the same father and mother, or same father or same mother - without any intermediary. 'Paternal aunt' is father's sister, as well as paternal or maternal grandfather's sister. 'Maternal aunt' is mother's sister, as well as paternal or maternal grandmother's sister.

Prohibition of mothers and the others described in the verse, means prohibition of marriage with them, as is understood from the subject and the order. It is not different from other such ex­pressions; for example: Forbidden to you is that which dies of itself, and blood and flesh of swine... (5:3), i.e., eating it; and the words: ...So it shall surely be forbidden to them for forty years. (5:26), i.e., living in it. Such metaphorical expressions are very common in every language.

Nevertheless, it seems a bit difficult to say that it is 'marriage' which is implied by the word, 'forbidden', because of the exceptional clause coming later: except those whom your right hands possess. Sexual intercourse with one's slave women is lawful without marriage. Therefore, it would seem more appropriate if prohibition is taken to refer to sexual intercourse, and not to marriage alone, as will be explained later. The same is the implication of the words: that you seek (them) by means of your wealth ..., as will be described afterwards. Thus the fact emerges that the implied word after 'forbidden' is cohabitation, or another similar word, not marriage. Allah has avoided mentioning it explicitly, because the divine speech refrains from such words and maintains a high moral decorum.

Do you see the boldened bit my dear brother?

He said: 

Sexual intercourse with one's slave women is lawful without marriage.

Edited by E.L King

Just now, E.L King said:

It is not difficult for me bro, as I have already mentioned to you the tafsir of Allama Tabataba'i regarding this Verse:

What about Imam Ali a.s which I mentioned to you ?

Imam Ali a.s says there are two "Talaq" for "Slave-women" and three for "Independent wife". So, Who is great in Knowledge ? Although I have great respect for Allama Tabatabai. 

Bro, yeah but Did Aqa-i-Tabatabai said that it is from God whatever he said? He wrote whatever he read according to his research but every commentator admits that His "Tafsir" is not perfect. And, secondly, I do not know whether the site which you are using is credible and supported by Ulemas as good or not ?

Every Faqih says intercourse with a slave girl is allowed without marriage.

I know it is his tafsir bro, but don't you think his tafsir is more worthy than me, you or anyone on this website because he was a scholar?

As for the website, I do not know them. But I just checked in Arabic (I have Tafsir Al-Mizan downloaded) and the same quotes are there. If you want I can share them.

6 minutes ago, E.L King said:

Let me read it fully because I think that you have only posted a part and did not bother to post what Allama Tabatabai says fully. 

Ok, what about these verses:

24:32-33

وَأَنكِحُوا الْأَيَامَى مِنكُمْ وَالصَّالِحِينَ مِنْ عِبَادِكُمْ وَإِمَائِكُمْ إِن يَكُونُوا فُقَرَاء يُغْنِهِمُ اللَّهُ مِن فَضْلِهِ وَاللَّهُ وَاسِعٌ عَلِيمٌ
وَلْيَسْتَعْفِفِ الَّذِينَ لَا يَجِدُونَ نِكَاحًا حَتَّى يُغْنِيَهُمْ اللَّهُ مِن فَضْلِهِ وَالَّذِينَ يَبْتَغُونَ الْكِتَابَ مِمَّا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ فَكَاتِبُوهُمْ إِنْ عَلِمْتُمْ فِيهِمْ خَيْرًا وَآتُوهُم مِّن مَّالِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي آتَاكُمْ وَلَا تُكْرِهُوا فَتَيَاتِكُمْ عَلَى الْبِغَاء إِنْ أَرَدْنَ تَحَصُّنًا لِّتَبْتَغُوا عَرَضَ الْحَيَاةِ الدُّنْيَا وَمَن يُكْرِههُّنَّ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ مِن بَعْدِ إِكْرَاهِهِنَّ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

And marry those among you who are single and those who are fit among your male slaves and your female slaves; if they are needy, Allah will make them free from want out of His grace; and Allah is Ample-giving, Knowing.
And let those who do not find the means to marry keep chaste until Allah makes them free from want out of His grace. And those who ask for a writing from among those whom your right hand possess, give them the writing if you know any good in them, and give them of the wealth of Allah which He has given you; and do not compel your slave girls to prostitution, when they desire to keep chaste, in order to seek the frail good of this world's life; and whoever compels them, then surely after their compulsion Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Is there anything left after these verses?

Edited by Engineer73

4 minutes ago, Sindbad05 said:

What about Imam Ali a.s which I mentioned to you ?

Imam Ali a.s says there are two "Talaq" for "Slave-women" and three for "Independent wife". So, Who is great in Knowledge ? Although I have great respect for Allama Tabatabai. 

Slave-girls can get married too. But they can have a master as well.