2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

People who follow Fads find False endings and Failure.

How long can a "fad" last? 

1 hour ago, notme said:

How long can a "fad" last? 

Usually a decade. However, for political reasons, men-with-beards was a "requirement" in the second half of the 19th Century.

20 hours ago, haidermpr said:

Brother,

Global warming or climate change is not a myth. It is a reality.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/apr/10/great-barrier-reef-terminal-stage-australia-scientists-despair-latest-coral-bleaching-data

Here is a link which shows how adversely this phenomenon is affecting the lives on earth.

The northern most coral reef, off Nagasaki-ken in Japan now has "coral bleaching".

To my knowledge, the only excuse/cause for this is sea-temperature-rise. NHK reported that el-Nino/la-Nina cycle is to blame.

But what about an infection or micro-parasite?  In the Mediterranean Sea there was an annihilation of life -due to a leak from Monaco Museum [associated with Jacques Cousteau]. The  problem was -and is - Caulerpa taxifolia.  @notme wrote somewhere, she did a paper on Zebra Mussels, which l guess are the ones significantly influencing the Great Lakes. These were spread by ballast discharges by ships. Would not accumulated ballast discharges around the World spread diseases and parasites into previously uninfected waters?

Ref: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/transcripts/3008_algae.html 

Edited by hasanhh

Well, I think the crapitalists mowing down all the rain forests to make toilet paper (of all the things in this wretched world!) is definitely one of the causes for global warming. We need trees and forests in order to survive on this planet.

If you have ever watched a sci-fi movie involving space travel then you will be knowledgeable about the vital importance of the life support systems. Sometimes its a mini ecosystem with a separate compartment where trees are and vegetables grow in synergy with the humans on board who consume the vegetables and offer their excretions to the plants as food and the plants also give them the excess oxygen from their photo synthesis. Right?

The Earth is EXACTLY the same sort of a ship floating in space JUST like the USS enterprise or whatever sci fi space traveling system. Without its trees which America is hurriedly turning into toilet paper, the life support system is being turned into toilet paper, and ultimately there will be no oxygen to breath.

Trees also COOL the earth, with their shade and consumption of solar energy which they need to survive. (Since most of you are urban citizens and educated 9 to 5 sheeple I bet you didnt know this!~) So theoretically it does make a lot of sense. Its another reason to dismantle capitalism and disarm America and its corporations. Obviously they are doing us alot of harm in all their endeavours.

Edited by Darth Vader

@Darth Vader Bro, you need to do some reading on Pulp & Paper Technology and the log marketing and recycled paper.

Also , phytoplankton produce 50% to 85% of atmospheric oxygen. ln school -way back then- the number was 80% "from the Oceans". Algae and all.

Second, l do not consider Bruce Dern movies as a basis for ecological views.

15 hours ago, hasanhh said:

phytoplankton produce 50% to 85% of atmospheric oxygen

"50% - 85%" ...... I wonder -how- they managed to come up with a wildly swinging figure like that if they were using just scientific data in the process.

19 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

"50% - 85%" ...... I wonder -how- they managed to come up with a wildly swinging figure like that if they were using just scientific data in the process.

Guessing: comparing mass estimates of green stuff in the oceans -to- green stuff terra*.

Of course, your comment reminds me of why l do not believe in the global warming hype.

That we are currently in a warming trend has been documented. The only things in dispute are whether it is a long or short term tend, whether it has been caused by human activity, and whether anything can be done about it. 

I think somewhere they are painting their roads white. A brilliant strategy to counter local warming at least imo. Reflect some of that energy back by having less black colored objects which absorb all bands.

19 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

I think somewhere they are painting their roads white. A brilliant strategy to counter local warming at least imo. Reflect some of that energy back by having less black colored objects which absorb all bands.

In other places, they are building roads with solar panels. That, and improvements to green roofs would help more than people realize. 

l was remembering this morning, years ago a DeutscheWelle documentary on Otzi --the mummified man found in the Alps-- said the reason Otzi's body was exposed was because there had been unusual dust storms in the Sahara that put [solar absorbing] dust on the snow and ice. This additional heat absorption led to the melting.

Which raises a question:  unlike the 1960s, why isn't atmospheric dust included in these "climate models" ?   Volcanic ash was in the early 1990s -- 0.1 degree C decrease as l remember, for two volcanoes and the ash was in higher elevation.

Edited by hasanhh

2 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

I have always suspected that the world leaders are fiendishly ignoring humanity's well being and survival. As if they want all things destroyed.

I think they only consider the short term at best. At worst they rely on the accumulation of wealth to insulate them and their progeny from the hardships endured by "common man" as a result of their defacement and defilement of the Earth. 

5 hours ago, notme said:

I think they only consider the short term at best. At worst they rely on the accumulation of wealth to insulate them and their progeny from the hardships endured by "common man" as a result of their defacement and defilement of the Earth. 

Uhty. You ain't goin' pinko-progressive on US, are you?

PBS NewsHour for 23July17 quod vide 

Has a feature on Venice, the City in the Swamp.

Three interesting factoids:

---Venice has sunk from pumping out ground water 5 1/2 inches this century

---the record inundation was in Nov.1966  (50 years ago)

---since the end of WW2, half the city's native population has moved out.

5-6Billion Euro are being spent to "save" a hundred swamp knobs.

18 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Uhty. You ain't goin' pinko-progressive on US, are you?

Going? I've long been gone! I've always been a tree hugger, I don't trust rich people, and I love a good conspiracy theory. 

I studied civil and environmental engineering and worked for almost ten years in aquatic ecology. I know too much to not be an environmentalist. 

20 hours ago, notme said:

Going? I've long been gone! I've always been a tree hugger, I don't trust rich people, and I love a good conspiracy theory. 

I studied civil and environmental engineering and worked for almost ten years in aquatic ecology. I know too much to not be an environmentalist. 

:sorry::sorry: <--- doubly disappointed  :missing::missing: <---sniff, sniff

OK, now uplifting from the comic to the informative...

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-scientist-global-warming-underestimate-environment-study-dangerous-pre-industrial-a7857476.html#gallery 

Basically, the climate-change-the-data-all-around-again-ers are now hocking that the 19th Century base-line temperatures are "off" by 0.2 degrees Celsius.  :hahaha:

Opine:  :liar:

The is also a gallery of pictures presented to "deniers" to "convince" them. NONE of the pictures show anything. Stockfootage of drought. River beds dry from a change of course in the river. Emptying reservoirs. An "ice cave".

Question? How can sea level be "rising" if the land is already "dry"?

The Shame. The Shame.

Opine [in comic form]: Hey, :einstein:s, the sea ain't rising, the LAND lS SlNKlNG !

"The Land is SINKlNG ?" :scarerun: