Salaam alaikum brothers and sisters

Today United States President Trump signed an executive order rescinding all or almost all laws, guidelines, and regulations meant to curb or remedy "global warming", or as it is more correctly called, "climate change".

But why should we care? Is climate change even really happening? And if it is, is it caused by human activities? And is it worth the loss of income to major energy producers and manufacturers to try to stop it even if it is? 

How will climate change affect the world and society?

More extreme weather predicted

Polar-bear-climate-change-global-warming

It's documented. It's verified. But is it caused by human activity? I don't think it matters: everything we can do to reduce the effects of man-made climate change is good for the environment in other ways too. 

Further reading

As salaamun aleikum sister, please refer to  a man by the name of Dane Wiggington. He has a you tube channel and a website called geoengineeringwatch.org.  and has a weekly podcast aired o  so e radio channels and is also posted o  youtube. He is not some random,paranoid,fringe you tube poster.. This man brings scientists, doctors, retired government workers etc. to the table,and he himself worked in the renwable energy field with solar panels...Please research these items before throwing it all aside and calling it a "conspiracy theory".

W/s :)

I do think Global Warming is a myth. And a hype. And a conduit for Big Mother gov't to have another excuse to busy-body herself into decent people's lives.

One example: Look up Mt. Erebus (l believe l remember the correct one.) 1700 degree lave and there is snow inside the crater. Antarctic air temperature -60 degrees.

Then there is another volcanoe down there that started erupting in the late 1990s. Under the ice cap. Like most people --as l read-- l thought this would precipitate glacial melt down. After 15 years of continuous eruption it had not even neared breaking through the ice -as l read a couple of years ago.

Snow also had insulation properties. Ask a polar bear.

Then for someone to hysterically assert that what goes out my tailpipe and up my chimney is altering the climate = :hahaha: to the nth power.

Since 1850, the loss of glaciers at the Glacier National Park area has been documented. "Since 1850 !" :dwarf: "The Sky is Melting".

This garbage is more hokey than the "Acid Rain" hysteria (which turnout to be tree disease and parasites in the American Northeast and Germany's Black Forest).

Edited by hasanhh

I concern about the massive oil and coal production.

Has earth unlimited resource of oil and coal ?

If we burn all carbon and hydrogen from earth, the CO2 and H2O will go to atmospher. Composition of atmosphere will change, while salts on the sea might abate some CO2, H2O or water will accumulate on the sea (sea level rise?).

4 minutes ago, myouvial said:

I concern about the massive oil and coal production.

Has earth unlimited resource of oil and coal ?

If we burn all carbon and hydrogen from earth, the CO2 and H2O will go to atmospher. Composition of atmosphere will change, while salts on the sea might abate some CO2, H2O or water will accumulate on the sea (sea level rise?).

Coal and oil are definitely not unlimited.

I'm concerned about this too. I understand people not wanting to change their ways needlessly, but I don't understand the resistance of some people to taking small steps so that their children and grandchildren can live - even themselves, it's already causing problems. 

Not to mention if we were able to curb our reliance on petroleum, the oil companies would no longer rule the world. 

2 minutes ago, notme said:

Coal and oil are definitely not unlimited.

I'm concerned about this too. I understand people not wanting to change their ways needlessly, but I don't understand the resistance of some people to taking small steps so that their children and grandchildren can live - even themselves, it's already causing problems. 

Not to mention if we were able to curb our reliance on petroleum, the oil companies would no longer rule the world. 

Yea, from the viewpoint of the teaching of Ahlul Bayt a.s., i.e  to manage each of ourself, each of our family, each of our area, each of our nation, our/human earth, and our/human whole universe wisely and thankfully to Allah SWT.

====================

I remember a hadist about the end time that says whereever Ya'juj wa Ma'juj come, they will take the water until it is empty.

Is this symbolically represent as taking all mining resources on earth ?

==================

However, there are alternative technologies such as solar power (it needs Silicon, and other cheap metal to capture sunshine into electric, which also need to be mined from earth), gravitational power (waterfalls, sea movement, sea level etc), biomass (garbage, unused woods etc) etc (need to open the reference :D)

8 minutes ago, magma said:

What about rising coastal water levels? 

The  water inlet to sea is through burning fossil fuel (oil, gases and coal) in form of gaseous H2O and condense into earth by rain. (If rainfall is in the land (mountain etc), water will flow to sea through rivers.

42 minutes ago, magma said:

Most sea level rise is caused by melting glaciers and polar ice caps. An increase of just a few inches will wreak havok on hundreds of the world's major cities and pretty much all ports. Inland areas aren't immune either: rivers and lakes will change too, either bigger or smaller. 

4 minutes ago, notme said:

Most sea level rise is caused by melting glaciers and polar ice caps. An increase of just a few inches will wreak havok on hundreds of the world's major cities and pretty much all ports. Inland areas aren't immune either: rivers and lakes will change too, either bigger or smaller. 

And this is directly related to climate change, isn't it?

3 minutes ago, magma said:

And this is directly related to climate change, isn't it?

Yes.

But earth goes through natural climate cycles. Is climate change caused by human activities? 

And whether it is or not, is there anything that can be done to reduce or remedy the damage or make it less harmful to our societies.

On 3/29/2017 at 8:11 AM, notme said:

Yes.

But earth goes through natural climate cycles. Is climate change caused by human activities? 

And whether it is or not, is there anything that can be done to reduce or remedy the damage or make it less harmful to our societies.

Green house effect cause global warming. The green house gas, CO2, H2O,  come from burning fossil fuel .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_effect

Just so you know, guys, I do believe climate change is real and caused by human activities, and we need to change those activities. I'm attempting to play "devil's advocate" with the questions. Please play along, even if I accidentally slip out of character. I've never been much of an actor.

Yes, it's real.

Yes, it is at least exacerbated, if not caused, by human activity.

You're right...it doesn't matter what causes it, we need to stop helping it and curtail our unhealthful activities.

No form of energy generation is without drawbacks,but some are far better than others.

Should have had greatly reduced dependence on or been off of fossil fuels long ago.

Money talks,though.

On 3/31/2017 at 1:30 AM, myouvial said:

I just find this website opinion, i have not read it yet.

https://iranianfront.com/2015/10/31/climate-change-scam/

Alhamdulilah, thanks for this post. I agree with a lot of whats been said here, some is different from what I myself have learned. The 'official narrative" that we are constantly bombarded with is so different than the truth and  is nothing more than garbage and a smoke screen;( The problem is, it takes a lot of time to sift through everything, and thats time that most people dont have due to their hectic schedules of school, work, family,etc. Another problem is, many people are in fear of calling out the people behind all this by name, so we end up using terms like, "shadow government', "the powers that be", "the people pulling the strings", etc. Want to know whos doing this? Look at who stands to profit and who backs all these people, companies, agencies, etc. 

The reason why I mentioned Dane Wiggington and his podcast which can be accessed via you tube is because he collects data and news reports from across the world, from all different sources,and brings it all together in well put together speeches, so we dont have to expend our own time trying to find it all ourselves. I simply stream them through my trucks stereo system as Im driving to and from work-no time taken from my busy life. Its definetly worth a listen.

I also want to add that I dont know anything about the website this article was posted in. I only recognize the truth in it. Whatever their political views and associations are, it is not my interest.

Edited by shia farm girl
Forgot something

1 hour ago, shia farm girl said:

Alhamdulilah, thanks for this post. I agree with a lot of whats been said here, some is different from what I myself have learned. The 'official narrative" that we are constantly bombarded with is so different than the truth and  is nothing more than garbage and a smoke screen;( The problem is, it takes a lot of time to sift through everything, and thats time that most people dont have due to their hectic schedules of school, work, family,etc. Another problem is, many people are in fear of calling out the people behind all this by name, so we end up using terms like, "shadow government', "the powers that be", "the people pulling the strings", etc. Want to know whos doing this? Look at who stands to profit and who backs all these people, companies, agencies, etc. 

The reason why I mentioned Dane Wiggington and his podcast which can be accessed via you tube is because he collects data and news reports from across the world, from all different sources,and brings it all together in well put together speeches, so we dont have to expend our own time trying to find it all ourselves. I simply stream them through my trucks stereo system as Im driving to and from work-no time taken from my busy life. Its definetly worth a listen.

I also want to add that I dont know anything about the website this article was posted in. I only recognize the truth in it. Whatever their political views and associations are, it is not my interest.

Thanks for information.

https://www.youtube.com/user/danewigington

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, magma said:

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, notme said:

Yes.

ln this article, https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-apos-intel-agencies-tell-165840840.html , there is a picture of the Navy's port facilities and the caption that climate change/sea level rise is affecting the area.

Well, it always did. From the Colonial area, one end of the Dismal Swamp Canal is in Norfolk. Norfolk has always been in the Tidewater area of Virginia.

Comparatively, from the 1960s to 2000, New Orleans went from 7 feet below Sea Level to -20 and feet below Sea Level.  This came about from drawing ground water. Similarly, Norfolk draws its Water Resources from underground aquifers and supplies city and regional needs. [lt has one of the best water systems in the country].

Also, the Norfolk area is a small part of Virginia's low, broad, flat, coastal plain known as the Tidewater Region --where tides have always affected rivers and streams.

So, if Norfolk is wetter, it is not because sea levels are rising, but that the ground is sinking.