Abbas.

Shiachat Sponsored Educational Programs

Took some programming courses at coursera for free. The materials and the methods of skill/knowledge transmission provided are much much better than the course at the universities where I had attended.

On 11/04/2017 at 5:20 PM, hameedeh said:

Is it too late to enroll now? What is the cutoff date for a member who would like to take the course? 

Nah, not too late yet. I don't mind taking another member (or family/friend of the member) as long as they are serious and committed. 

I'm finding this course quite thought provoking:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/orbitalperspective/home/welcome

I'll report back whether I recommend certificate.  It's about how to make the world a better place by looking at the big picture. I've just started Week 2.

On 4/18/2017 at 1:18 PM, notme said:

I'll report back whether I recommend certificate. 

@Abbas. I'm in week 4, and I highly recommend the course for everyone.  I'm a mega-introvert with severe social anxiety, and it's making even me want to go out and visit my neighbors and start healing the world. But I don't know what the certificate would prove other than that the student passed the exams and wrote the paper.  Real success in this course is it changing your life.  The certificate... it's just a paper that says you passed a class.