Sign in to follow this  
Lion33

study in Qom

i saw that and already did the online application but what I need to know is if anybody knows how long it takes for them to get back at you and how likely is it for them to accept people. Is there anybody here that goes there? Also does anybody know if I can visit the university in person and talk to the admission ppl in person?

2 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

I study at al-Mustafa International University in Qom. It takes a few months for them to go through your application. Getting accepted is quite easy and they pretty much accept anyone from the West.

@Ali Mahdi

Brother, I applied in September 2016 to the SAMPA online application system. I have waited patiently until now yet I have not received any response or indication regarding its progress.

Two of the Sheikhs I personally know in Qom who are supporting my application simply tell me it takes a "long time" and that this is simply how things are done, they want to help me but they don't really have much of a say in the process. It is quite upsetting for me because I would prefer to be outright rejected or told it is going to take 2 years of processing rather than being left in the dark. Don't get me wrong I am fine with waiting, but when I have some idea of what is going on or if my application has even been received. Sometimes I can't help but imagine that my application was just binned or simply deleted. 

At times I feel like letting go of my dreams and being realistic and at times I feel i have to fight more for the opportunity, it is quite heart breaking and soul crushing. Might be a bit dramatic but that's how it is when something means a lot to you.

Could you possibly help me out? I dunno perhaps explain how long it took for you or if there is a tighter process now?

I would private message you if i could but I haven't reached that member status yet.

I apologise if this is abrupt, but I've simply run out of options and the main thing I haven't had a chance of doing is actually speaking to a student from the University who has a first hand perspective and knowledge of these details.

19 hours ago, MarcusAurelius said:

@Ali Mahdi

Brother, I applied in September 2016 to the SAMPA online application system. I have waited patiently until now yet I have not received any response or indication regarding its progress.

Two of the Sheikhs I personally know in Qom who are supporting my application simply tell me it takes a "long time" and that this is simply how things are done, they want to help me but they don't really have much of a say in the process. It is quite upsetting for me because I would prefer to be outright rejected or told it is going to take 2 years of processing rather than being left in the dark. Don't get me wrong I am fine with waiting, but when I have some idea of what is going on or if my application has even been received. Sometimes I can't help but imagine that my application was just binned or simply deleted. 

At times I feel like letting go of my dreams and being realistic and at times I feel i have to fight more for the opportunity, it is quite heart breaking and soul crushing. Might be a bit dramatic but that's how it is when something means a lot to you.

Could you possibly help me out? I dunno perhaps explain how long it took for you or if there is a tighter process now?

I would private message you if i could but I haven't reached that member status yet.

I apologise if this is abrupt, but I've simply run out of options and the main thing I haven't had a chance of doing is actually speaking to a student from the University who has a first hand perspective and knowledge of these details.

Email me your SAMPA reference number and password and I'll look into it for you.

My email is ali dot almahdi2 at gmail dot com :)

6 hours ago, Ali Mahdi said:

Email me your SAMPA reference number and password and I'll look into it for you.

My email is ali dot almahdi2 at gmail dot com :)

Is it ok if I email you my stuff as well?