sidnaq

I want to study in a hawza

Salam. There are a few options. Google AMIS Seminary. It is a hawza in Qom which accepts English speakers. It gives accommodation and everything for free.

There is also ehawza.com which offers paid courses for English speakers. It is too expensive for me but I believe it is around $2500 for the 2 year course, which is equivalent to Muqaadimah and teaches you Arabic in the process. So afterwards there are Arabic-only hawzas in NA that will accept you for sutooh, which is after muqaadimah.

I wish I could go...

12 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Salam. There are a few options. Google AMIS Seminary. It is a hawza in Qom which accepts English speakers. It gives accommodation and everything for free.

There is also ehawza.com which offers paid courses for English speakers. It is too expensive for me but I believe it is around $2500 for the 2 year course, which is equivalent to Muqaadimah and teaches you Arabic in the process. So afterwards there are Arabic-only hawzas in NA that will accept you for sutooh, which is after muqaadimah.

I wish I could go...

JazakAllah ,if this is truly he best option for me may Allah motivate me to go.

I am also going but it's not my choice. My family and extended family have decided that I haven't done anything in life. I must do something, so that's why I must go there. I have heard this sentence a lot that don't come to hawza if you cannot deal with the pressures of outside world. It means a lot of people go there because they cannot deal with outside pressures. I wonder what happens to such people. 

@sidnaqI hope I didn't hijack your thread. There's a thread in guest lounge about western people wanting to study in hawza. 

10 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

I am also going but it's not my choice. My family and extended family have decided that I haven't done anything in life. I must do something, so that's why I must go there. I have heard this sentence a lot that don't come to hawza if you cannot deal with the pressures of outside world. It means a lot of people go there because they cannot deal with outside pressures. I wonder what happens to such people. 

@sidnaqI hope I didn't hijack your thread. There's a thread in guest lounge about western people wanting to study in hawza. 

Salam, no you didnt hijack my thread, JazakAllah for your answer, but please tell me.What does it mean by pressures of outside world.

21 minutes ago, sidnaq said:

Salam, no you didnt hijack my thread, JazakAllah for your answer, but please tell me.What does it mean by pressures of outside world.

Outside pressures mean people who don't do well in their careers, they go to Hawza hoping to find a career. In my case,  I am sick of dealing with the bullies and sometimes people go there thinking all the people there will be good. But the fact is people are people. There are good and bad people everywhere. 

9 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

Outside pressures mean people who don't do well in their careers, they go to Hawza hoping to find a career. In my case,  I am sick of dealing with the bullies and sometimes people go there thinking all the people there will be good. But the fact is people are people. There are good and bad people everywhere. 

what bullies ,who are these bullies?

On March 18, 2017 at 9:54 PM, sidnaq said:

what bullies ,who are these bullies?

You don't know about bullies? I didn't deal with bullies during college but other than college, they are everywhere: high school, and family. There's something about my personality, I attract them like magnet. Mean people who like to control and insult other people. 

Edited by rkazmi33

@sidnaq Did you apply? It's strange, they are willing to give people shelter and food for free at a time when parents are not willing to give shelter to their own kids. Since people from so many countries and so many different personalities live together, what happens if there's a personality clash? Do people fight? Do physical fights happen there? Are there cases of foreign students going there and ending up in jail? I am sorry if my questions are offensive. I have read numerous blogs, and I don't find answers to these questions there.

12 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

@sidnaq Did you apply? It's strange, they are willing to give people shelter and food for free at a time when parents are not willing to give shelter to their own kids. Since people from so many countries and so many different personalities live together, what happens if there's a personality clash? Do people fight? Do physical fights happen there? Are there cases of foreign students going there and ending up in jail? I am sorry if my questions are offensive. I have read numerous blogs, and I don't find answers to these questions there.

where, where r u talking about?

17 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

what are you talking about brother... i think those who wants to learn in hawzah are morally better people. why would  they fight with anyone ? they are there to learn ways of ahlulbayt(AS) not the ways to become a ganster !!! even if there is a clash there are thousands of ways to resolve it in peaceful manner. These hawzahs are the places to become closer to god and learn the Quran and islamic sciences so at least it must be different from other colleges and universities where people are driven by ego and arrogance instead of desire to gain knowledge especially spiritual one. 

I do hope there are rules that everyone must follow. 

6 hours ago, Struggling_onn said:

These hawzahs are the places to become closer to god and learn the Quran and islamic sciences so at least it must be different from other colleges and universities where people are driven by ego and arrogance instead of desire to gain knowledge especially spiritual one. 

I hope you are right.

On 18/03/2017 at 8:32 PM, rkazmi33 said:

:bismillah:

:salam:

This isn't a correct and acceptable reason to enter the holy Islamic Seminary. It isn't a place for games. You should intend on applying and entering the seminary with the intention of gaining closeness to God and to learn Islamic sciences not just because you can't find something else to do with your life.

In the U.K. You have Islamic College of Advanced Studies and also you have Al Mahdi Instifute (AMI). 

Not sure about elsewhere in the west. I would advice study before you go to Hawza as it will set up your studies abroad and help you get more out of it. 

On 3/17/2017 at 3:49 PM, sidnaq said:

Salam, i believe i want to study in a hawza, what are the steps i can take to achieve this goal.What about accomodations, which school would accept an english speaker like me?

Where do you live because there are hawzas in many different places. It is smart to study at one that is closest to you and learn your basics before going to the big ones in Iran or Iraq.

7 hours ago, Yama Nemati said:

Why cant you?

Too young. But even still, I emailed one online hawza that said they could make an exception possibly... But each semester is $650.

1 hour ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Too young. But even still, I emailed one online hawza that said they could make an exception possibly... But each semester is $650.

how old are you?

2 hours ago, Mansur Bakhtiari said:

Not saying, but I'm not 18 yet

I thought you were a lot older judging by your posts but mashallah you seem very mature for your age.