Abbas.

Welcome Magma: New Admin

Rate this topic

Hi All 

There comes a time when us oldies have to let the younglings decide the future of the forum. Not that I am quitting yet but it is always a roller coaster ride trying to manage family, work, studies and SC at the same time. Therefore, I see having young blood with passion and commitment as an essential element to the long-term survival of this forum. We have to continue to pass the torch. Which is why the Admin team has decided to select @magma as part of their team. I would like to make specific mention of our other senior mods in the team who are also well deserving of the title. But I didn't bother them with the responsibility at this stage in consideration of the fact that they are for the most part in my situation (if not worse). In comparison, Magma has plenty of energy and time to devote to SC. So please join me in welcoming Magma as our new Admin. The brother has earned this title with his sheer commitment and devotion to the forum. Before making him an admin, my advice to him was as follows. This standard applies to all Admins so please free to let us know if you feel that we are falling short of these characteristics.  

• Always align your decisions with our vision and mission statement. 
  • Avoid decisions reflecting a conflict of interest and personal vendetta. 
  • Think of the greater good of the Shia community (specifically) and the Muslim community (in general).
  • Ignore personal attacks from members as well as mods. Always base your decisions on merit and principles that can be equally applied in other similar situations.

2 hours ago, Abbas. said:

Hi All 

There comes a time when us oldies have to let the younglings decide the future of the forum. Not that I am quitting yet but it is always a roller coaster ride trying to manage family, work, studies and SC at the same time. Therefore, I see having young blood with passion and commitment as an essential element to the long-term survival of this forum. We have to continue to pass the torch. Which is why the Admin team has decided to select @magma as part of their team. I would like to make specific mention of our other senior mods in the team who are also well deserving of the title. But I didn't bother them with the responsibility at this stage in consideration of the fact that they are for the most part in my situation (if not worse). In comparison, Magma has plenty of energy and time to devote to SC. So please join me in welcoming Magma as our new Admin. The brother has earned this title with his sheer commitment and devotion to the forum. Before making him an admin, my advice to him was as follows. This standard applies to all Admins so please free to let us know if you feel that we are falling short of these characteristics.  

• Always align your decisions with our vision and mission statement. 
  • Avoid decisions reflecting a conflict of interest and personal vendetta. 
  • Think of the greater good of the Shia community (specifically) and the Muslim community (in general).
  • Ignore personal attacks from members as well as mods. Always base your decisions on merit and principles that can be equally applied in other similar situations.

So what Br. Abbas is telling us is that you are not married yet.

SC unmarried sisters, are you paying attention!!!

Married? Wow. Good job bro. I always imagined you and baradar as a couple of 17 year old nerds with little goku shrines in their rooms? How pleasant. And congratulations. I will signal you to execute order number 66 soon when repenter is most vulnerable. ^^^

Edited by Darth Vader

10 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

Married? Wow. Good job bro. I always imagined you and baradar as a couple of 17 year old nerds with little goku shrines in their rooms? How pleasant. And congratulations. I will signal you to execute order number 66 soon when repenter is most vulnerable. ^^^

We been on this site for almost ten years... so in your mind we started posting when we were 7 years of age?

Congratulations to my man @magma, the absolute admin, on the promotion.

Congrats, magma ...

14 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

@magma Congratulations!

H_S commented magma never seems to sleep ...

10 hours ago, Bakir said:

Congrats on your promotion,,,, I didnt know that you got married hahah.

Now you know why magma is an SC addict, Bakir.   :D